Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 37 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:40 pm

I guess it comes down to a bit of frustration that new combat items are being discussed and added in when the combat revamp isn't done yet. It just feels like it's adding more to the later workload instead of holding off so things are easier to balance and gauge. It's an all around system concern as opposed to issues with the individual items being added and I'd usually err on staying quiet since I can't do anything to improve the situation.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 37 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Kindulas wrote:*shrugs*if you have reasons they might be a bad idea, do tell.
And Bronymous... the support given creature conjuration builds are nearly unrelated to weapon conjuration builds, which don't have the kind of support creature conjurers do
Talisman of Weapons - 1000 Gold
Trinket
Once per battle, if you possess a Conjure Weapon combat talent, you may reduce the cost of the Conjure Weapon talent by 3 energy. This cannot reduce the cost to below 0.
Mystic Sheath - 2500 Gold
Trinket
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent
Call to Arms - Free Utility [1/Battle]
Choose a Conjure Weapon talent you brought into battle with you. You may reduce the cost of that talent by 7 energy and use it immediately. This cannot reduce the cost to below 0.
Rabbit-Filled Hat - 3500 Gold
Trinket
Reduce the energy cost of talents you use to conjure creatures or weapons by 2 energy. The costs can’t be reduced to below 0.
Staff of the Stars
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.
[-7] Conjure Staff of the Stars – Minor Utility [1/Battle]
You conjure a Celestial Staff in your hands. You can dismiss the Celestial Staff as a free action. While you are wielding a Celestial Staff , you cannot use your other combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

[+3] Starbolt – Standard Attack
You deal 1d12 damage to target creature.

[+1] Moonglow – Standard Attack
Deal 2d8 damage to target creature. Remove a (save ends) condition from yourself or an ally.

[-4] Sunflare – Standard Attack
Up to six target creatures are blinded (save ends).

[-5] Cometfall - Standard Attack
Deal 3d10 damage to target creature and 1d10 damage to each creature adjacent to it.

[-7] Celestial Rain – Standard Attack
Roll 2d10. Deal that much damage to up to six enemies. You and up to three allies gain hp equal to the roll result. The Celestial Staff vanishes.

Celestial Warrior
Prerequisite: Staff of the Stars
Reduce the energy costs of talents granted by the Celestial Staff by 1 energy.
Yeah, you went overboard with support options for creature conjurers, but weapons still have support, and its still more effective, if not just plain more, support than there is for other build options. There's nothing that tanks can buy to reduce their tank abilites' pip costs. Healer's can have the odd effect tacked onto their healing, but it doesn't support the healing, just augments it. Damagers just sit and watch as their builds get less and less effective with every update. There are some jack of all trades traits that apply to everyone, but they aren't nearly as good as recuding the pip cost of summoning a weapon- a key strategy and the point of pip balancing on weapon builds- to 0.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Bronymous wrote:There's nothing that tanks can buy to reduce their tank abilites' pip costs.
Lightning Reflexes
Once per round, you may use a Reaction or Interrupt combat talent not granted from a trait or item for 1 less energy. This can’t reduce its cost to less than 0.
Guardian’s Shield - 3500 Gold
Weapon
At the beginning of your turn, you may choose an ally. Until the start of your next turn, that ally is subject to your “Guard.” You may also use the following combat talent

[0] Shield the Blow - Interrupt Utility
Trigger - An ally subject to your “Guard” is targeted by an attack.
Effect - The attack targets you instead.
Lightning Cowl - 5000 Gold
Reaction and Interrupt combat talents not granted from traits or items cost 1 less energy for you to use. This cannot reduce their costs to less than 1.
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Bronymous wrote:There's nothing that tanks can buy to reduce their tank abilites' pip costs..... There are some jack of all trades traits that apply to everyone, but they aren't nearly as good as recuding the pip cost of summoning a weapon- a key strategy and the point of pip balancing on weapon builds- to 0.
Specifics traits vs no specific traits, all around kind of useful vs makes the build cost nothing to operate.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 37 Empty Finale time

Post  Kindulas Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:01 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:I guess it comes down to a bit of frustration that new combat items are being discussed and added in when the combat revamp isn't done yet.  It just feels like it's adding more to the later workload instead of holding off so things are easier to balance and gauge.  It's an all around system concern as opposed to issues with  the individual items being added and I'd usually err on staying quiet since I can't do anything to improve the situation.
This is a fair point, and actually I need to give a heads up on this topic.

This next Friday will be our last expansion - for awhile at least. It was a fun summer experiment that has given us some good insight as well as, of course, awesome new content. However, there's a lot of questions about the core of the system right now, and lots of changes to make. So, we're going to work on fixing existent things and improving the system's framework after this week, as well as things like the Monster Manual, rules compendium and a DM guide. Hopefully once the system is in a clearer state adding content will become a smoother process.

Now, since we are doing one more, a thought on the Ban-Kai thing, cause we might as well brainstorm anyway - what if instead of just conjuring a more powerful version instead, the trait gave you a [-3] Minor Action you could use *while* wielding the normal conjured weapon in order to upgrade it - which would allow us to make them that much more powerful too. Though I suppose needing 9 pips value out of the trait would be more awkward to balance than 6...
I'm not sure how I feel about it, but the flavor seems cool, and it would be an excuse to make them more awesome.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Well, if next week is the last expansion for a while, I guess I'll put this in as a possible Enchantment:

Cloud Walking
Preparation Time: 10 seconds
For the next 8 hours, you and up to 6 allies gain the ability to walk on clouds as if you had the Weather-Crafting ability. You may physically move clouds around, but may not produce any weather affects from them such as rain or lightning.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Kindulas wrote:This next Friday will be our last expansion - for awhile at least. It was a fun summer experiment that has given us some good insight as well as, of course, awesome new content. However, there's a lot of questions about the core of the system right now, and lots of changes to make.
Was wondering if these would keep going altogether or hit a stopping point. Guess we'll have to get our collective thinking caps on as far as this last batch of submissions is concerned. Curious about something. On a mechanical level, was there anything wrong with the suggestion "Questionable Credentials" from last week? Not sure if I'll attempt to suggest it again this week but trying to figure out if it had any outright flaws.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Ah, yes.
What exactly is the flavor on that? I get the idea of history being useful for persuasion in some areas, but why deception exactly?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Philadelphus wrote:Well, if next week is the last expansion for a while, I guess I'll put this in as a possible Enchantment:

Cloud Walking
For the next 8 hours, you and up to 6 allies gain the ability to walk on clouds as if you had the Weather-Crafting ability. You may physically move clouds around, but may not produce any weather affects from them such as rain or lightning.
Not totally sure if this should become a thing... Part of me likes the idea. But at the same time... Makes it harder for anyone who'd wanta build something who just had something enchanged to always have cloudwalking or something like that. Cloud Walking strikes me as something best talked with the GM about.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:52 pm

It seems... so situational too. I mean I know the enchantments are, but when would you need to walk on a cloud?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 pm

When going to a Pegasus city?
To hide from things?
When you want to flaff about?
nap in safety?
Stalking?
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Strikes me as something the GM would give the players to get or something if it was needed...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:26 pm

Actually, cloud walking sounds like the very thing Magecraft should cover. Maybe even Magical Tricks if it's only supposed to be for a short time and the user has a high Arcana score plus a ton of free time.

Kindulas wrote:Ah, yes.
What exactly is the flavor on that? I get the idea of history being useful for persuasion in some areas, but why deception exactly?
It was the idea of someone spouting out big confusing words but either not knowing what they're talking about or being deliberately confusing, mainly the latter. Rather in line with the snake oil salesman archetype such as the Flim Flam Brothers.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:23 am

Kindulas wrote:It seems... so situational too. I mean I know the enchantments are, but when would you need to walk on a cloud?
Well, say you have a pegasus with Weather-Crafting in the party. Have them grab a large enough cloud for the rest of the party to sit then, then use it as a ferry to bypass all kinds of difficulties.

Granted...it might not have a whole lot of good uses outside of that.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:01 am

Cloud walking is indeed a bit too situational (and very redundant with weather-crafting already sort of providing it). Why not allow it to provide some limited cloud-altering capabilities as well, to those affected (if you can touch clouds, you can probably shape them a bit as well)?

For instance, allowing the party to start making cloud constructions or tools (for instance, a surface to bounce off of), assuming they can reach the clouds.

Similar to cloud sculpting, only not so precisely defined (so as to be only usable as a fake decoy). Such a change would also be an opportunity to fix up or improve the current cloud-sculpting utility (which is rather specific in its use, not allowing much else than semi-reliable decoy making).

As far as the show goes, ponies apparently already have some limited control over clouds (Pinkie Pie juggles one in a diaper, somehow, and helps Rainbow Dash clear up one that was on the ground). There's also the minor quirk of Griffons (a race without weather-crafting by default, in this example, Gilda) being able to stand on cloud.

Cloud Walking - 1/day [Created by Xel Unknown & Zarhon]
For the next 8 hours, you and up to 6 allies gain the ability to walk on clouds as if you had the Weather-Crafting ability. You may physically move clouds around, and shape them into specific shapes, tools, minor constructions, or other objects, as though made of clay or silly-putty*. You may not produce any weather affects from them, such as rain or lightning, however.

* Like with Fabricate, skill checks for complicated designs and creations may be required.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:18 pm

For the final week of submissions:

[+2] Rocket Punch - Standard Attack
Pay 4 HP. Deal 2d6 damage to target creature.

&

[+3] Bloody Knuckles - Standard Attack
Pay 2d4 HP and deal damage equal to HP paid to target creature.

EDIT: Ingore these two suggestions... And look to my post two pages later.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:33 pm

This last week seems to have converted into a weird "too awesome to use" situation where I'm having so much difficulty figuring out what to submit.  Resubmitting Questionable Credentials would be good since it would be hopefully finally getting a History utility in the system.  Still, there's so many rewrite concepts going through my head right now.  Still, gonna submit this for now:

Instant Etiquette:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:54 am

Have a "One With The Waves" revamp proposal (using an old submission - waterborn), and a brand new racial.

One With The Waves revamp - Waterborn:
Chameleon Skin - Racial:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:16 am

Bronymous wrote:Multiclass- Trait
Select 8 different combat talents as a Secondary combat Talent Pool (9 if you have Dangerously Talented). Whenever you roll initiative, you may select either your Primary or Secondary Talent Pool to choose what talents you bring into battle. Once per battle you may spend a minor action to switch to either your Primary or Secondary combat Talent Pool (whichever you did not bring into battle, reselecting your 5 combat talents).

[-8] The Hypest Beam- Standard Attack
Deal 3d20 damage to target creature. If you roll a 20, activate one of your specials at random. Skip your next turn.
Resubmits, Meteor Storm renamed, effect changed to skip your turn, because reasons. Not what I would call good reasons, but reasons enough.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Zarhon wrote:Have a "One With The Waves" revamp proposal (using an old submission - waterborn)
All things considered, One With the Waves somewhat feels like it needs a Thunderborn/Thunderbird type split where one is the breath weapon while the other is generic swimming ability. Granted, someone making whales/penguins could theoretically just not use the breath weapon if it's out of character. Waterborn is one of the odder omissions since there's water dragons in fiction and various hydrokinetics in other fiction.

Anyways, decided I am going to officially make Questionable Credentials my second suggestion of the week.

Questionable Credentials
You may use your History score in place of your Persuasion score when making persuasion checks to lie, trick, or deceive.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Power Overwhelming (Utility Talent):
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Power Overwhelming (Utility Talent):
This is pretty funny, but I would be loathe to add more "get extra magic point" abilities... and actually, ones that do should probably have a drawback that doesn't mess with the MP itself.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:36 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Zarhon wrote:Have a "One With The Waves" revamp proposal (using an old submission - waterborn)
All things considered, One With the Waves somewhat feels like it needs a Thunderborn/Thunderbird type split where one is the breath weapon while the other is generic swimming ability.  Granted, someone making whales/penguins could theoretically just not use the breath weapon if it's out of character.  Waterborn is one of the odder omissions since there's water dragons in fiction and various hydrokinetics in other fiction.

Anyways, decided I am going to officially make Questionable Credentials my second suggestion of the week.

Questionable Credentials
You may use your History score in place of your Persuasion score when making persuasion checks to lie, trick, or deceive.
That actually makes a fair amount of sense... if we need to buff one with the waves, makes sense to have a version that works for races that don't have a spit water power.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Zarhon wrote:Have a "One With The Waves" revamp proposal (using an old submission - waterborn), and a brand new racial.

One With The Waves revamp - Waterborn:
Chameleon Skin - Racial:
Chameleon Skin... I am super torn about this. One one hand, it's super flavorful as a racial. It feels like we've got to have it. But mechanically... it's so much of a min-maxy "take me for stealth!" racial. The mechanics don't fit for the system, but the flavor can't be anything else...
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:For the final week of submissions:

[+2] Rocket Punch - Standard Attack
Pay 4 HP. Deal 2d6 damage to target creature.

&

[+3] Bloody Knuckles - Standard Attack
Pay 2d4 HP and deal damage equal to HP paid to target creature.
You know, this reminds me of my idea
[+1] Blood Arrow - Standard
Deal 2d8 damage to target creature and you lose that much hp

But... I think these concepts would be best at +2, since we already have Blood Slash, but it seems more attractive if the "pay life for above the curve damage" came with more than the +1 pip gain
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next