Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+4
deonte9109
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
8 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:16 pm

"By the sounds of it, you've lost your magic." Gearick said after hearing what Koli could no longer be able to do. "Hopefully it'll come back, as the horn you have normally symbolizes the ability to cast magic.... but I'm not magic expert."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:33 pm

"I suspect your magic will return in time, as mentioned by Gearick, but you'll need to practice, to reaquire your abilities. Rather than focusing on that, I'd suggest considering the positive. You won't be struggling with hunger, you can have companionship or isolation whenever you prefer and you still have your magic, albeit in a diminished capacity."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 pm

"Even though I personally do not agree with the idea of magic, I would never wish for a any creature to lose an essential part of their being. Such a thing would be worse than what Haeksenn could ever do but you ponies have accomplished your selfish goal what's the next move? Perhaps back to following Emerald's signal."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:54 pm

deonte9109 wrote:"Even though I personally do not agree with the idea of magic, I would never wish for a any creature to lose an essential part of their being. Such a thing would be worse than what Haeksenn could ever do but you ponies have accomplished your selfish goal what's the next move? Perhaps back to following Emerald's signal."

"We lose essential parts of our being all the time.  We lose youth, and gain wisdom, for instance.  There's always a trade-off.  But, yes, lets see if we can get back to tracking down Star."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:31 pm

"What trade off?" Koli flits to Storm now, but with no horn to latch onto, she just pings against his head over and over. "What did I get from this? You made the spell, you should know!" She comes around in an arc and faceplants into the folds of Storm's wings, where she stays for now, still shaking violently.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:24 pm

"I'm sure these ponies would claim that the trade is your supposed smaller appetite or some other hidden thing ."
Kanen walks over to the fluttering creature.
"But by the looks of it even they didn't truly know what they were doing. A shame that you had to be the subject of their experiment."
Kanen carefully put the former Owlicorn upon his back.
"Such reckless use of their abilities, again the curse of magic takes another victim."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:35 pm

"Oh please.  Koli, you all beings have no right to complain.   You yourself admitted that you'd not hunted for yourself.  Even when we provided the solution for you in the form of the shapechanging spell, you never offered to cast it yourself.  When we cast it, you never even offered a preference for what you wanted to be changed into.  And now its done, and you're complaining that you don't like the result?  Are these the actions of a majestic owlicorn, or a spoiled foaled?"

"All this time you've had others come to you. Do you're work for you. For all the abilities you say you've lost, can you honestly say you'll miss them? At least this way you'll have a chance to regain some of them with a whole lot of practice and effort, but I suppose you're not used to that?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:40 pm

"The pegasus... Storm, right? He has a point I'm afraid Koli." Gearick remarked with a shrug when Storm spoke up. "Plus, like we said. Your magic should come back, and in this form, you'll be easily be able to live, even life with other sentient beings, have companions. Trust me, even if your magic doesn't come back, you'll get used to the situation and be much better off."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:26 am

Cardbo wrote:"Oh please. Koli, you all beings have no right to complain. You yourself admitted that you'd not hunted for yourself. Even when we provided the solution for you in the form of the shapechanging spell, you never offered to cast it yourself. When we cast it, you never even offered a preference for what you wanted to be changed into. And now its done, and you're complaining that you don't like the result? Are these the actions of a majestic owlicorn, or a spoiled foaled?"

"Of course I can. I never expected you to be able to pull it off!" Koli kind of rolls down Kane's back, across his stomach, and back up the other side, before unsteadily taking flight again. "I was perfectly happy with how I was! Why wouldn't I be? What kind of stupid creature hates herself for being what they are?" She does a circuit around Stornm and Gearick. "And assuming you know anything about what you did to me-" with this her horn glows, and she sends a jet of sparks at the two of you. "I still have my magic, all you did was deafen me to one of my natural senses." Her telepathic voice is rising in pitch, now angry more than sad. The sparks do little besides fizzle out around you. You can't be sure if she is actually trying to hurt you (and incapable) or not. "But no, your reassurances about my abilities that you know nothing about returning based on your knowledge of a mystery spell made up by a non magic user and fueled by an ancient mysterious power source are really convincing. Really."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:39 am

"Funny, I didn't hear you complain about the thoughts of transforming you, or objecting to the proposition at all, let alone when we where going ahead with it." Gearick said deadpan, the former Owlicorn starting to get on his nerves. "For someone centuries old, you sure ain't very smart, or wise. If you didn't want to be transformed, you should of said so and we would of stopped. So don't blame anyone for your current status than yourself, okay? Now, you gonna stop being a jerk and calm down, and let us all leave together, or ya gonna keep on moaning and whinning about what ya brought upon yaself so that we simply abandon ya here?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:44 pm

"And your passive-aggressive hints at threats now that you're at a much more managable size are equally as convincing."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:51 pm

Bronymous wrote:

"Of course I can. I never expected you to be able to pull it off!" Koli kind of rolls down Kane's back, across his stomach, and back up the other side, before unsteadily taking flight again. "I was perfectly happy with how I was! Why wouldn't I be? What kind of stupid creature hates herself for being what they are?" She does a circuit around Stornm and Gearick. "And assuming you know anything about what you did to me-" with this her horn glows, and she sends a jet of sparks at the two of you. "I still have my magic, all you did was deafen me to one of my natural senses." Her telepathic voice is rising in pitch, now angry more than sad. The sparks do little besides fizzle out around you. You can't be sure if she is actually trying to hurt you (and incapable) or not. "But no, your reassurances about my abilities that you know nothing about returning based on your knowledge of a mystery spell made up by a non magic user and fueled by an ancient mysterious power source are really convincing. Really."

"The fact you didn't believe we could pull it off doesn't speak well about yourself.  Did you even bother to take a look at the rune to see if it could work?  If not, and if you really didn't want to be changed, than you bear even more responsibility, because you can add neglegience to this. Were you really so sure of yourself?  That proud, that these"  and Storm  sweeps a leg to the rest of the party  "insignificant ponies could do nothing to you?  If so, than I have even less sympathy than I did previously"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:25 am

"I told the feather-head to read my mind. It did. It knew I could destroy it, didn't it? And yet it foolishly kept me here. Like Frank Enstein, Bruise Banner, Jay Agar, you just had to poke at the thing more powerful than you because you were foalish." Emerald Trance looks down at the owlet in contempt.

"Yet, I gifted it with a form that allows for it to learn the magic of friendship, the magic that moves the sun and stars, rights wrongs, and changes destinies... And it complains. It calls us here when we're on an important mission. A REALLY important one. And mocks us and holds us there instead of letting us solve our problem THEN solve its one with my full attention. So of course I'm going to screw up, I'm trying to save lives here. I could have channeled that power into making you into a rock, but nooo, I had an attack of conscience because you've got horns, so I thought there may have been a trace of nobility there and didn't splatter the walls with you. I've done it before. Read my mind on that one..."

Emerald gives a look of utter disdain and superiority, letting a mental telepathic link hit the owlet. '"Oh wait, you can't.'"

The power-tripping unicorn looks to the others, and her expression softens immediately, a bit of shame colouring her cheeks. "Oh... Right. Yeah, so... Magic kept casualties to zero, while summoning living, thinking beings with deer not-magic magic would have killed those, making the featherbrain into paste would have killed it... So magic solved the problem with minimal damages, right? Either way... Yeah, we have to hurry. Although I don't know how we're going to get past the Neighagra River without going all the way over to the bridge, and that's quite a hike."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:[color=#339933]

The power-tripping unicorn looks to the others, and her expression softens immediately, a bit of shame colouring her cheeks. "Oh... Right. Yeah, so... Magic kept casualties to zero, while summoning living, thinking beings with deer not-magic magic would have killed those, making the featherbrain into paste would have killed it... So magic solved the problem with minimal damages, right? Either way... Yeah, we have to hurry. Although I don't know how we're going to get past the Neighagra River without going all the way over to the bridge, and that's quite a hike."

"I do have something in mind, if you happen to know a cloudwalking spell."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:12 pm

"So maybe I can't, but I could before." Her words are calmer and quieter now. "And more, and I know enough to know that you have no idea where you're going. So many wrong turns, false leads and falser suspicions. I also know you didn't have the power to destroy me, so now who's acting ridiculous?" Koli flits up and around Dodger, burying herself in his tail. "It's too bad someone is so incompetent at magic that they took it away from me- otherwise I might have helped. Assuming i felt compelled to do so."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:18 pm

"I find it hilarious that ya talk about how incompetent Emerald is with magic, yet ya still ended up being transformed." Gearick said, now just sounding tired. "Didn't go ta plan, but to transform ya takes a heap of skill, not just raw power. As for vanquishing ya? Alone, perhaps she would of lost. But it case you can't see, she ain't alone. All of us here fight ya? We would of won. Besides, like she said. Ya'll be able to have companions now, which will be worth it. If such a fine, mighty, wise being as yaself can trust us insignificant ponies that turned you into a miniature owl."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:35 pm

"If we do make wrong turns and false leads, I can still guarantee we'll never reach our destination if we dilly-dally here. So, I propose the question, will you stay here, or will you acommpany us? Because we're going. Aside from that, now that the orb is kaput, there isn't much we can do for you here. Possibly we could help you out more in town, but as we said, we've got a couple of missions to accomplish first."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:46 pm

"Oh stop it. You never had any intention of helping us and you made that quite clear when you lured us here and told us your intention to eat us. Now will you kindly get out of my tail? Because with or without you we are leaving. You have wasted far too much of our time and we are going back to the falls regardless of whether or not you want to come."

Before, Dodger might have been the only sympathetic pony to handle Koli. Now that he knew that, despite her flowery language, she was lazy and uncouth, he had no intention of remaining a gentlecolt with her.

I have Kindness still available but I don't think we need it with Koli right now. If anyone thinks we do let me know.

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:39 am

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, though I still have much to learn." Emerald gives Gearik a little bow, and turns mid-bow to Storm.

"As mentioned, my studies have not been in transmutation or evocation. I might be able to ad-lib a cloudwalking spell for myself, but not for the whole group, and it would be a brute force effort, a lot more magic than something eloquent that I know how to do. Last thing I want is for my concentration to falter and wind up having somepony falling down a waterfall."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:54 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Thank you for the vote of confidence, though I still have much to learn." Emerald gives Gearik a little bow, and turns mid-bow to Storm.

"As mentioned, my studies have not been in transmutation or evocation. I might be able to ad-lib a cloudwalking spell for myself, but not for the whole group, and it would be a brute force effort, a lot more magic than something eloquent that I know how to do. Last thing I want is for my concentration to falter and wind up having somepony falling down a waterfall."

"Is it a concentration-based effect?  Or fire and forget?  Either way, I might be able to jury-rig something similar to what we did here."

OOC: The Cloudwalking spell from Sonic Rainboom didn't seem require any concentration on Twilight's part.  Even the Wing spell that Rarity got didn't seem to require any concentration either.  I'm figuring it would be similar here.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Emerald shakes her head in the negative. "My magic is really quick. An illusion lasts a while, but only because I just let it sit there, the magic is only in the forming of it. Getting across would be sustained magic, at least of any spells I may be able to do... I'm kind of useless there."

OOC:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:03 pm

There is a Thunderous Roar over head as one, two, up to a dozen huge metal vehicles fly overhead at near-sonic speeds. Fireworks explode behind them, and are accompanied by a chorus of Eagles. You are all filled with a sense of pride, awesomeness, and Freedom. As they pass, they drop 5 flags, each of which are starred and striped, and each of which drapes around one of you, securing itself like a cape. The capes seem to give you a sense of amazement, and you feel as though you are capable of just about anything.

Everyone gets a free +10 bonus to a single future skill check of their choice. Because America.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Dodger, being British from Canterlot, is confused by the whole ordeal.

"Er... are we going to continue to sit here and hope Star is similarly dropped from the sky, or are we going to look for her?"

Last edited by Brony 7 of 9 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:56 pm

"Right, lets go."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Kanen filled with patriotic spirit for some reason, stood erect and saluted the passing metal birds.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next