Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Zarhon Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:31 pm

"Well, ain't yah' full of surprised today!", Shallow says, as he assists the rapidly-transforming pony with a push of his own. "Dat' plan works wit' me! I'll try ta' round dem' up near da' gate. Don't do someting' dat' requires mah' professional services, for eitha' of yah'!" Very Happy , Shallow jokes, as he goes to find miss Bow and the others and lead them to safety.

Stuff + Weathercrafting:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:59 pm

"Huh," Sixty-Two said, watching the tortoise step inside. "Well, I was about to mention I could probably use my magic to short out the computer, but that might cause it to act even more erratically, so...this is a better plan, no?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Tortoise manages to slowly make his way through the hole in the wall and falls out the other side. Inside the chamber Master Control is making wide swings with her knives that are constantly getting closer to Torque's neck. It looks like the machine is trying to force him into a corner.

Zarhon wrote:
Stuff + Weathercrafting:
Though most that you talk to simply shy away, once you manage to find Bow the two of you manage to gather up everyone and lead them out side. You manage to create a cloud cover that should be able to shield from lighting and rain. (rolled for you you did good)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:24 am

After spinning around after hitting the floor (having safely tucked himself inside his shell), Tortoise righted himself, and seeing Torque under attack, started heading towards him.  Not making very good time due to size and speed, he grew back to normal size- retaining a shell, and clawed hooves.  He strode towards the machine, pushing himself between its blades and Torque as he got closer, putting his armoured arms up to his face to (hopefully) deflect the blades and digging into the floor with his clawed limbs once in position.

"Stick behin' me, or fin' a way outta here." Tortoise said simply to Torque.  "Don' wanna stick aroun',tha' machine don' seem ta be th' reasonin' type- an' Boomer's gonna be sendin' a presen' this way soon."

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:49 am

"Thank you kindly, miss Bow! Yah' must be akin tah' a matron da' all dese' souls, da' way dey' trust yah'. Now, undah' da' clouds yah' all go, so dat' no storm can come ta' distress yah'. I imagine yah' all be too timid tah' speak yah' names, so I won't force yah', but I will say my own - I be Shallow Vibe. Wile' we wait on da' rest of mah' bruddahs', let me tell yah' all a number of tales learned in travel...", Shallow spoke, making a simple fire-pit and beginning to recite tales and fables of old, and honest recent experiences, aiding the imagination with a bit of simple home-brewed Voodoo tricks.

History, Persuasion, Magical Tricks:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Curunir wrote:

Spoiler:
Tortoise does manage to get in between the knives and Torque shielding him from immediate danger. Due to the strength of Tortoise's armor plating the knives barely even break his skin.

The machine's screen flashes with an question mark which is quickly replaed by "fUtUre Cuppa sOUp DetECted rEadY-ng 4 CoOkinG."

A powerful jet of water shoots out from one of the panels while Tortoise is not even pushed back by the force he is now dripping wet and the electric rod reemerges from the machine...

Zarhon wrote:
History, Persuasion, Magical Tricks:
Most of the soon to be former slaves are females somewhere in their late twenties to early thirties however there are two or three ponies that are significantly younger than the rest no older then eight years at the most. Just about every race you have ever met is at least represented though ponies hold a slight majority. All of the group looks at the very least slightly malnourished and several have old scars in various places on their body. After a while you manage to notice that all of them are covering with varying degrees of success some part of their bodies.

You tell the relatively true story of a slave who broke free from his cruel oppressor and then managed to lead his people into their promissed land.

While for the most part it is hard to notice most of those that listened to your story seem a good deal more at ease.

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Torque was a mixture of emotions. Fear of Master Control's knives as they got closer to his neck, surprise at the sight of a tortoise coming through the hole, further surprise at the sight of the tortoise turning into....a turtleish Tortoise, relief as Tortoise blocked the knives with his shell. However, once he saw the electric rod come out, his emotions and thoughts became much more focused.

"Electricity?" Torque asked angrily as he charged up his horn. "Don't mind if I do!" He prepared his metal manipulation spell and tried to force the electric rod into shocking Master Control.

Metalcrafting:

"That should buy us a moment or two," he said as he started futzing with the teleportation device. "I'm teleporting back to the other side. When you're ready, go back into "Small" form and come back through the hole. I'm sure Boomer's "present" will finish things here." Pushing in the final calculations, he prepared to teleport back to the others.

Teleportation:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Sixty-Two watched the mad pony rematerialize. "Good to have you back," he said, attempting to hide precisely how worried he was. Had been.

Still was.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 pm

"...and dat's da' story's end.", Shallow concluded, finishing another story. "Now, I spoke plenty so far, but am yet ta' be graced by yah' own words ah' wisdom. Does anypon of yah' care tah' share a story yah' know or learned yah'self? Or if yah' so care tah', yah' life's story, or da' hopes an' dreams yah' be carryin' around wit'in yah'?", he spoke to the huddled crowd, hoping for a brave voice.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:46 pm

No brave voice calls out... though after a few moments Bow does speak up. "Our stories are all pretty much the same but looks like things are changing for the better."

RUN ALL YOU WANT YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE ME FOREVER! A beam of light falls upon Torque just as he teleports away. It doesn't appear to have actually done anything...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:50 am

"Tortoise, I'm safe! Get out of there!" Torque yelled down the hole. "Let us know if you'd need us to carry you with telekinesis to get out quicker!" He turned toward Boomer. "If you think you can craft a bomb, Boomer, it might be useful. I would recommend a few smaller yield bombs rather than a huge one that might bring the house down on top of us. Once all of us are on the other side of this wall, Master Control can't counterattack...I don't think."

Torque was a bit puzzled as to MC's statement and the beam of light that hit him just before he teleported. He tried giving his body a once over to see if there were any delitrious effects (tracker, some sort of long term alteration, etc).

Rolling Perception...7 (1d20) + 8 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) + 1 (Party Bomb) = 18
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 am

Torque doesn't notice anything.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

"Tha' woul be ver' helpful, thanky. Ah needed a li'l push ta ge' in, so ah'll pro'lly need a little pull ta ge' ou'." Tortoise rushed best he could to the hole- not letting his guard down, and grabbed on to the hole and began shrinking up towards it.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:34 am

Torque looked through the hole. The plan was that once Tortoise came into view as...well, a tortoise, Torque would start lifting him with his telekinesis back to safety. "Let's get you to safety, friend."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:41 am

"Yah', dat' sounds like it be true, miss Bow. Even da' gloomiest of fog, or da' darkest of storms cannot last forever. Even if dey' can endure for a long time, dey' not be eternal. So long as one can endure under dem', dem bad clouds all be struck down' an' scattered by da' raw power dat' time 'as, an' make way for better ting's... Or wen' somepony decides tah' do someting about it, against better judgement, reason, reward or obligation. Tell me, all of yah': I'm sure yah', sadly, know plenty on wat' drives a bad pony tah' be one, but do yah' know wat' a good pon' be driven by? Wat' would yah' say be da' reason a good pon' do equal deeds, wat' it be dat' motivates dere' minds ta' helpin' all? Any guesses, anypon?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Tortoise manages to get levitated out of the hole. Master Control isn't visibly doing anything right now.

There is a general murmuring among the slaves but most are looking to you for an answer.

(side note the accent is getting a little too thick for me took me like five readings to understand what you were saying...)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:26 pm

"Hahah! Yah' lack of answers be correct. Most pon's do good deeds for a reason: Some out of loyalty and duty for one's kin, banner, service or land. But duty and oaths can be misguided, and may lead to bad deeds, especially on good intentions, or on misguided ideals and beliefs."

"Some do good out of virtue of knowing dat' it brings good to otha's, but often fall to pride."

"Some do good purely out of personal profit, be it favors, rewards, or payment, fairly and honorably deserved, but may abstain from good if no reward is to be found."

"Some can do good for glory and fame, safety of one's life, necessity, and many otha' reasons."

"All are motivations that can fuel a bad person equally well as a good one, and can bring about bad deeds."

"But yah' see, here be wat' makes truly good individuals a paradox. Da' reason yah' could not answer, is dat' what makes dem' good, is: not a thing. Anypon can be one. All it takes is to know one truth: Yah' don't need a reason to help ponies."

(Better? Not sure what's troublesome in the "accent". I generally just try to make any words using 'h' into an accent)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Boomer at seeing her allies now safely away from the evil robotic thing... Builds a bomb in the shape of a bowling ball and then bowls it down into the hole that their turtle friend used.

mechanics check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Sixty-Two drew out his book, conjuring up several small rocks of specific dimensions and plugging up as much of the hole Boomer had tossed the bomb down as he could.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:05 am

Just as 62 manages to seal up the hole Boomer's bomb goes off with enough force to shake the wall and hall. A moment later there is a second much weaker explosion persuasively MC exploding due to damage from the bomb. A few seconds later the manor begins to tremble and shake clearly something structurally important received damage.

Outside some of the slaves look at Shallow like he is insane, others are look with a great deal of confusion, but most appear to be looking on with understanding. However their attention is almost immediately stolen away from Shallow by a bolt of lightning striking the rod and causing the roof to collapse in on itself. The each of the next several bolts hit the pillars on the edge of the area, after each is hit they fizzle slightly and then visibly lose whatever power they had.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:29 pm

"I think that would be our cue to leave. Tortoise, I can telekinetically carry you, unless you think you'd be faster as a pony," Torque said. He then prepared to make his way to the exit as fast as he could.

Rolling Athletics...17 (1d20) + 5 + 1 (Party Bomb) = 23
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:35 pm

"Hahah, looks like mah' bruddahs' about to be done, and da' storm be at its peak! Huddle up everypon', it be time ta' sing anotha' fable! Let's bring out some big Voodoo!", Shallow yells, standing up from the illusionary fire and starting his dancing chant to take over the storm, letting his tribal magic and friendly spirits provide the music to stick to the rhythm.

"Dose' of yah' dat' care not for dis' place yet care ta' help, sing along, and move wit' grace! Wait not for rescue where evil delves, grab and earn yah' freedom for yah'selves! Da' rest of yah', unwilling ta' play, stand back, stay low, cover yah' ears an' enjoy da' show'!", he calls to the mares and fillies, as he dances to wrangle the storm.

Weathercrafting - Athletics:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:22 pm

"Nah, ah'm quite sure this'll be fast'r, ifya don' mind.  Ah'm havin' quite  alodda fun, act'ully.  Like flyin, bu' with somepon' ac'ually guidin' tha traject'ry- don' hafta worry bou' crashin' inta stuff."  Tortoise spread his legs out forwards and backwards, trying to make it look like he was airborne under his own power.  "Though if it be too destractin', I'll be alrigh' on tha ground- don' wanna be a burden.  Ah'd be more concerned wit' tha rest of ya'll gettin' out."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Sixty-Two was not good at running.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Boomer goes into a dead sprint after the bomb goes off and the signs of running became clear.

Athletics Check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next