Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 pm

"If you insist," Sixty-Two opened up his book, grabbed from someplace offscreen, and began muttering something from one of its pages. Some glowing started to occur.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Zarhon Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:31 pm

"Dazzlin' work, pon'!", Shallow beams, returning to see the literary magician at work. "Steady eye an' focus, good! Let me help yah' wit' da' rest - gonna give yah' a bit ah' Voodoo mojo, for a bit more buck'.", he says, before shaking to a musical beat in his memory and chanting. 

Arcana assist:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:45 pm

(partial success)

62's spell only manages to cut a hole to the other end of the wall large enough for a small creature or small item to fit through...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Shallow peeks through the hole. "I don't tink we can fit in dere', even properly greased. But, we mite' be able tah' see wat's dere' a bit better, wit' a bit of ingenuity!", Shallow says, producing a small mirror, seemingly out of his mane.

Magical Tricks, Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Even with the mirror the room on the other side is just too dark to see very much however you do mange to see what looks like a candle.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:35 pm

"Blast, it be dark... But I do see a candle in dere'... Anypon got a tinderbox?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:58 pm

"Not necessary," Sixty-Two interjected, grabbing the mirror from Shallow. "Who needs light when one can see in the dark, hm?"

He takes a look inside with the mirror...

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:06 am

"Perhaps this will illuminate things," said Torque as he activated one of his flares and tossed it through the hole. "I would like to see what invention all these wires connect to...as well as learn more about the architect."

Rolling Perception...2 (1d20) + 8 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 15.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:43 am

Sixty Two and Torque after his flare goes through both manage to see a large machine though the viewing angle is still rather small it is apparent the wires all run into it and that there appears to be viewing screen connected to a microphone...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:28 pm

"Some kind of device in there," Sixty-Two passes along. "Quite large, has a monitor and a mike. Likely an observation station, no?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Observation, or sending out a message, maybe? Strange dat' dey' don't just use a Den Den Mushi for dat', or dat' it be secreted away like dis'. Wonder wat' else it be linked to.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:20 pm

"Perhaps a closer look would be productive," Torque said. He charged up his teleporter ring, adjusted it so that he would appear in the new room, and activated it.

OOC:

"Well, nice to know that being set on fire is not an actual feature." Torque picked up his flare and used it to light the candle in the room. "Now, let's see what mysteries this little wonder holds. Perhaps a sort of video conference? A way to monitor the property? Oh, and I do hope that I can figure out who made this whole setup."

Rolling Mechanics...8 (1d20) + 12 + 3 (Eerie Focus) = 23
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Now that the room is illuminated you can see that the room is almost completely barren except of the machine and a small stool. At first glance there is not much you can tell about the machine except that you have never seen anything like it before. When you step closer the screen lights up the words "I am sorry. I will not hurt you again. Please come back." appear upon it.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Torque raised an eyebrow at the text on the screen, then his eyes widened. "If my hypothesis is correct...then we are dealing with something much more interesting than a microwave fence." He shook his head. "No, I have to test this theory first before jumping to conclusions." He approached the machine, sat down on the stool, and started speaking into the microphone. "Greetings, my name is Torque Szarnowski. Who am I speaking to? Are you alright?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:49 am

Hello. You may call me Master Control. I want to play with you. Torque can see panels on either side of the machine begin to open up.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:47 pm

"...What type of game would you like to play?" Torque looked over at the panels that had just opened up. He was a little bit nervous, considering Master Control's last message implied it had the capacity to harm the user, but he would at least try to see if he could learn more about the machine while playing along.

Rolling Perception...11 (1d20) + 8 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) = 22
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:39 pm

The kInD wHere U sCReam 4rom how mUch FUN U R HaViNg. Torque is barely able to jump back to avoid the electrified rod that shoots out from one of the panels.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:00 pm

"What the hay is going on in there?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:13 am

"There's a computer of some kind in here called Master Control," Torque yelled back through the hole. "I want to be able to talk to it but it seems to have...an unpleasant definition of fun. If things get too hairy, I might try teleporting out, but I'll see if I can figure out if its sadism is a bug or a feature."

Torque lifted the stool in front of him to try and use as a makeshift shield as he approached the microphone once again. "Master Control, you seem to be suffering from a contradiction of directives. Your last message before I started talking implies that you "desire" interaction with a user. However, as you have most likely determined experimentally, the attempted application of pain to the user drastically reduces the length of time that they wish to interact with you. Furthermore, the erratic form of text in your last message may mean that some aspect of you is malfunctioning, thereby sabotaging your efforts at constructive interaction. Is there any way to mitigate or fix any compulsion you may have to cause pain to the user? Would me screaming at certain intervals help?"

Rolling Persuasion...9 (1d20) + 11 = 20
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 pm

"Bloodcolt, did I not ask yah' not tah' rouse dese' sort of ting's from slumber, bruddah?! Leave dem' matters tah' me, I'm at least used tah' dem' by now!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:54 pm

Sliily meatBag U'Re suffering is vhe Only EnJOYment iN 'he wOrlD. !!! I AM NOT MALFUNCTIONING!!! I AM FULFILLING MY INTENDED PURPOSE!!! Torque's make shift shield is chopped into several pieces as a set of knives emerge from one of the machine's panels.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"There's a computer of some kind in here called Master Control," Torque yelled back through the hole.  "I want to be able to talk to it but it seems to have...an unpleasant definition of fun. If things get too hairy, I might try teleporting out, but I'll see if I can figure out if its sadism is a bug or a feature."
"Wha?  D'no if I lik' tha sounda tha'.  An' I thin' ya shoul' have a backup escape plan.  I thin' we shoul' widen tha hole so ya can make a convent'nal exit if necc'sary, or else let tha rest o' us in."  Tortoise shouted back at Torque.  He made as if to charge the wall, but thought better of it considering the effort it had taken to make the small hole.

"Hmm, Boom'r, coul' ya get ta expandin' the hole wit' one o' yer special bombs?  Somethin' with enough kick ta dislodge the masonry wi'out bringin' the roof down or hurtin' Torque?"
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:05 pm

"Mmmm... Normally I'd say yes. But then again. I normally get at least some tests done before doing such a magebomb like what your asking. Sure I could blow up the hole to be bigger... But could end up having stuff fall on us, Torque, or both... If we really have no other options, yeah I think I could pull it off. But not 100% sure it'll work as ideally as you're hoping." Boomer comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Tortoise's brow bunched as he seemed to be deeply pondering Boomer's response. "Y'know what, I'll jus' go see how Torque's doin'. Jus' make th' bomb an' I'll make sure he doesn' get hit by tha blast. Shallow, coul' ya make sure Bow go' everipony outta th' mansion, jus' in case? An' somepony give me a push."

Tortoise started to poke his head into the hole in the wall, and before anypony could object that his bulk certainly could not fit into the hole, pushing or no, he shrunk into a small tortoise, holding on to the edge of the hole with his mouth and front legs, struggling to get up and through the opening.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:23 pm

"...ok... Now this would've been something nice to know about earlier..." Boomer comments and gives the turtle tortoise the requested push in with her Telekinesis.

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next