Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

+3
tygerburningbright
Lyntermas
Zarhon
7 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:11 am

"Oh, it be easy. Port be left, starboard be rite. Grab da' wheel ting' at da' back and spin it appropriately to turn it wen' da' wind blows into da' sails. Oh, and pull out da' anchor before anyting', because dat's keeping da' boat in place.", Shallow happily explains.

"...Wait, did we actually anchor da' boat at all?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC - Part 2

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:59 am

"...Did we? Let's see, we got trapped in ice, but then 62's spell melted it. After the other ship got trapped, we all got on the jolly boat, leaving Carat at the ship. Of course, then she fell asleep and...things happened." Torque takes a look out at the boat in the distance. "That might explain a few things."

"But if Carat's going to be traveling over there, I might be able to lessen the trip a bit.
" Torque started futzing with his teleporter device. "I've got a full battery on this guy, I can get you...let's see, setting a reference point, carry the 2, adjust for mass...within 10 feet of the boat, if I'm being economical. Just give me half a minute, we'll get you on the ship, you can steer it back to shore with Shallow's wind at your back, and we can get this metal (and possibly a few cannons) loaded up and be on our way."

Teleportation:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:24 pm

"That'll work." Carat says, waiting in front of Torque for him to send her to the ship. When he's done, she goes the remaining distance to the steering wheel at the aft of the ship and grows to normal pony size so she can guide the ship.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Carat manages to steer the ship over to the hole successfully with out hitting anything.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:41 pm

"Excellent sailin' dere'! All aboard, everypon'! Grab dat' cannon and da' otha' bits as well!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:17 am

"Wow, the teleportation actually worked!....I mean, I of course had no doubts that several charges could be used at once...and that it could work on a pony I had just met...without dispersing them through time and spaceANYWAY, I'm glad it all worked out. Leave the metal bits to me; I have a spell that's practically made for the job. So, the real question is do we want to cut and run with the cannon we got, or would some of the stronger pony like to try going back to that supply room and wheeling more onboard?"

Torque activated his magnetism spell and started lifting pieces of metal onboard. "Oh, yes, I have plans for you," he said with a large grin. His smile faded for a moment. "Hmm, I don't suppose we have any way of getting in touch with Konorad, do we? Oh, and Carat, could you go and make sure to drop the anchor please? I would like not to have the ship float off again."

Metalcrafting:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Carat drops anchor as Torque asked. ((Any rolls needed for this?))
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:21 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Wow, the teleportation actually worked!....I mean, I of course had no doubts that several charges could be used at once...and that it could work on a pony I had just met...without dispersing them through time and spaceANYWAY, I'm glad it all worked out. Leave the metal bits to me; I have a spell that's practically made for the job. So, the real question is do we want to cut and run with the cannon we got, or would some of the stronger pony like to try going back to that supply room and wheeling more onboard?"

Torque activated his magnetism spell and started lifting pieces of metal onboard. "Oh, yes, I have plans for you," he said with a large grin. His smile faded for a moment. "Hmm, I don't suppose we have any way of getting in touch with Konorad, do we? Oh, and Carat, could you go and make sure to drop the anchor please? I would like not to have the ship float off again."

Metalcrafting:

Torque loads all of the scrap metal and the single cannon onto the ship. Afterwards the ship is sitting noticeably lower in the water than before.

Copper Rose wrote:Carat drops anchor as Torque asked.

Carat manages to lower the anchor but it sounds like it hit something...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:08 pm

"Dat's an odd sound. Shouldn't be rocks below da' boat dis' close to da' coast. Anyway, I'll go try an' grab anotha' cannon real quick. Don't leave wit'out me, or sink anyting' we like, please!", Shallow pipes, trotting off to 'fetch' another cannon.

Athletics:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:54 pm

tygerburningbright wrote: Torque loads all of the scrap metal and the single cannon onto the ship. Afterwards the ship is sitting noticeably lower in the water than before.
"Hmm, at this rate we might have to consider the ship's capacity. I think only one more cannon would be viable; we lack the numbers to use more than two effectively at this point. We can load up on cannonballs and supplies at Loguetown (luckily funding is not as big a problem for us)."

tygerburningbright wrote:Carat manages to lower the anchor but it sounds like it hit something...
"...That's an odd sound." Torque looked over the side of the boat to see if he could identify what the anchor had hit.

Perception:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:19 am

Carat peers over the side of the ship, thinking that the anchor should have hit sand, not rocks or such sort.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Torque and Carat both see a vague shadowy shape in the water. It looks rather like a large fish or dolphin...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Carat looks up at the others. "Uh, what now?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:33 am

Copper Rose wrote:Carat looks up at the others. "Uh, what now?"

"...We're going to raise the anchor a bit to let it escape, and we're going to hope that whatever we just hit either swims away or is open to apologies." Torque went to go raise the anchor a few feet while trying to remember what fish or aquatic creatures were native to this area.

Rolling History (about what it might be)...17 (1d20) + 11 + 1 (IP) = 29

Last edited by Lyntermas on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:30 am

Sixty-Two also peers over the side at this juncture. "Some kind of sea creature?" he asked nopony in particular. Then, with a smirk on his face and eyes half-lidded, shifted to the side, he cotninued. "Finally, some intelligent conversation around here."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:11 am

Shallow hums to himself as he wheels another cannon over. "Hmmm hmmm hm hm all yah' hopes an' dreams... Hmm, didn't see Konorad for a bit. Wonder were' he be at..."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:03 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two also peers over the side at this juncture. "Some kind of sea creature?" he asked nopony in particular. Then, with a smirk on his face and eyes half-lidded, shifted to the side, he cotninued. "Finally, some intelligent conversation around here."

Spoiler:

Lyntermas wrote:

"...We're going to raise the anchor a bit to let it escape, and we're going to hope that whatever we just hit either swims away or is open to apologies." Torque went to go raise the anchor a few feet while trying to remember what fish or aquatic creatures were native to this area.

Rolling History (about what it might be)...17 (1d20) + 11 + 1 (IP) = 29

The only creatures of the approximate size native to this area are the Smiling Hermit Whale and the Great White Sailor Eater both are very distinct and almost impossible to mistake for anything else at all. After the anchor is raised the shadow begins to shrink sinking down into the sea...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:04 pm

"...Hmm, I wonder whether that was the nice type of whale, or the pony-eating type of whale. Meh, either way I don't suggest going into the water to find out." Torque tried re-lowering the anchor to keep the ship in place. "Well, by all accounts there's not much keeping us here. The chains are down, and once we do some minor repairs to the sails, we can ship off. The only problem is that I don't know if there's a way to contact Konorad, and I'd prefer not...losing another crew member." Torque looked sad for a moment. "But, uh, while we discuss, perhaps we could try repairing the damage the Marines and that blasted ghost did to our ship. Now let's see, what's in need of repair?"

Rolling Perception to assess what needs repairing...Nat 1 + 8 + 3 (Sharp Eyes) + 1 (IP) = 13
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:05 am

Carat, seeing that Torque had dropped his glasses, hands them to him so he can actually see. "Try to keep them on your face next time, no?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:07 pm

"Ah, thank you, Carat," Torque said as he took the glasses and readjusted them. "Now, let's try that again, shall we?"

Perception:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Zarhon wrote:Shallow hums to himself as he wheels another cannon over. "Hmmm hmmm hm hm all yah' hopes an' dreams... Hmm, didn't see Konorad for a bit. Wonder were' he be at..."

The ship dips a little bit further down into the water... it may be near it's load limit now.

Lyntermas wrote:"Ah, thank you, Carat," Torque said as he took the glasses and readjusted them. "Now, let's try that again, shall we?"

Perception:

Almost all of the damage is non-critical. The areas damaged by the ghost might be a minor nuisance to get around but should be simple enough to repair. The fire damage to the sails is just a few holes only one or two are really large enough to effect the ship.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:59 pm

"I be back, and I bring combustible gifts! No troubles whilst I was gone, I hope?", Shallow asks as he assists loading the cannon onto the ship. "Yah, looks like da' boat be close tah' its limit. I say we gather everypon', fix da' boat, and get tah' sailin'. Anypon' know where Konorad be?", he asks as he starts pulling an uncanny amount of tools from his pouch.

Magical Tricks:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 pm

"I'm moderately used to manual labor," Sixty-Two walked over to Shallow. "I'll start in on sewing up the sails, I think...unless somepony else thinks I would serve better elsewhere? Me or my little companion a couple dimensions over."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 pm

"Let me do da' stichin', I did it before. Granted, not always on fabric... Are either of yah' any good wit' metals? I'm sure Torque would love an educated hoof assistin' him wit' turnin' our frost-bitten boat-wood into someting' harder an' stiffer. Miss Carat could work on da' minute details and da' tall orders, Boomer can go set up our new ballistics, and most important of all, Tortoise can sing us a song whilst he pretends to be da' boats figurehead!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:47 am

"Very well, I will leave the sewing to others better suited for it. I shall look to repair the woodwork." Torque levitated some of the wood, nails, and hammer into place and started working. "Now, structural integrity is important. Granted, aesthetics and making sure to avoid creating a tripping hazard are also factors. Perhaps if I could create a coating that would seal it against the elements...But I suppose I must work with what I have."

Rolling Mechanics...7 (1d20) + 12 [CM] + 3 [Eerie Focus] + 1 (IP) = 23
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next