Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

+2
A1C Bronymous
Ramsus
6 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - Page 5 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 4)

Post  Broken Logic Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Meh, I'll just move the yeehaw to this athletics check, then.

After missing her initial lunge, Jeraylia spins around and tackles the cultist back towards the shadows, knocking the wind out of him and maneuvering them so they rolled in a jumble with her lying on top. With the last of the breath in his lungs, the cultist opened his mouth to yell, Skitter places his hands over the cultists mouth, and a knife against his neck.

YEEHAW BIZNATCHES! I am immediately sorry.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:45 pm

The cultist wisely doesn't make a peep or any other sudden movements (not that he could, with Jeraylia pinning him down), as he feels the sharp edge of a blade on his neck. Koras helpfully brings the bucket over as well. The Drow in the shack, as well as the rest of the camp, appear to be oblivious as to what just happened.

Consider him helpless. What do you do next?

(Do you have any rope?)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:52 pm

We have telepathy by way of our assistant right?

Skitter mindspeaks to the Zephy, "Please communicate this to the others. In fact, generally share things we communicate to you in this way to the others, unless you think we're asking you a question or such please.

Well that was rash. So, what shall we do with him? I could just dispatch him now. That would be the easiest thing to do. Or we could drag him off somewhere and question him but, he might not know anything especially helpful and that could be quite risky. Certainly a lot of effort to get him far enough away."

Edited.

Last edited by Ramsus on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Well, sort of - she can telepathically communicate to/with you, and I think she'd have to then relay your respective messages to the others, rather than you all being linked directly. Just ask her for a quick mind-chat or something then you tell her the message, I guess. And of course the target recipient needs to be willing for the communication. So essentially, she's acting like a phone.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:01 am

Well, if no-one else has any questions for him that he can't answer with a simple yes-no (nod or shake) I was just planning on knocking him out and taking his stuff.
Skitter's pretty stealthy, Rolf got invisibility. So if me and Zthulan get a pair of robes, we can get around a bit easier.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:07 am

Skitter could have thrown up shadows to veil what was happening from sight as the assist check. Also, don't go for robes. It'll entirely backfire and you'll end up getting friendly with the bad guys and assisting their plans. Or that's just me.

Am I within telepath range?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:31 am

I didn't want to take too much liberties with the shadow stuff, I don't have Magecraft or whatnot, didn't want to push things. Besides, visually obscuring actually seemed less important than making sure this guy didn't yell.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:55 am

Horizon is indeed within telepathy range, though I don't think he can actually "call out" to her on his own (he's not exactly psionic, and it's questionable if telepathy lets you "receive" ally thoughts like a radio if you don't tune it in first or something), at least not without being shown how to first by her. She'd have to contact him first.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 am

We can't just handwave that that kind of thing happened while we were on our way here?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:02 pm

It's fine, I didn't expect to be.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Looks like the thread split up! Ramsus, since you've got the first post, could you name this thread "Zilean's Revenge (Part 4) - IC", and add the links from the previous thread(s), characters, and the OOC thread to the top of it?

Edit: Finished the OOC thread. Link here. Keep the OOC comments and questions there whenever possible. Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 am

Rolf carefully made his way back to the others. He whispered, "There's a Drow inside the shack as well, looking for equipment. Now I can either seal the door shut, keeping him stuck in there (although he'll probably raise a ruckus eventually), try freezing him in place so we can jump him later and grab his cloak, or I can follow him back to the main tent and see if I can determine how to dispel the shield that's around it."

"Also, Zéphyrine, do you have to see a person to communicate telepathically with them, and is there any way we can..."initiate" conversation?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:41 am

Jeraylia swings her fist down across the face of the cultist she has pinned down, and knocks him out.
"Let's just wrap this guy up," she sends telepathically. "If we still need to interrogate somebody, we still have the option with the other in the shack."
"Rolf, we've taken out a cultist outside. Have you observed anything of interesting regarding the one inside?"
She begins rifling through the cultists belonging, and stripping him of his robe. Once she is done, she takes out a rope and makes tying motions with her hands to the others. With the assistance of the others, she ties the cultist up with a gag. "That should keep him until we've left."

Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:27 pm

"Also, Zéphyrine, do you have to see a person to communicate telepathically with them, and is there any way we can..."initiate" conversation?"
Zéphyrine stops cleaning the cultist's slightly dirtied face with a cloth, mentally replying: "Non, monsieur. Zey only need to be close, alzough I cannot tell where zey might be. And, yes, I can converse wiz zee minds I bonded wiz before, if zey allow it. Who do you have in mind?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:42 pm

"Well, the Drow is searching for equipment, which probably means he's planning on heading into the big tent soon. I could try following him, see what type of spell is used to bypass the shields, and figure out what the hell they're trying to do in there. What do you guys think?"

He looked over at Zéphyrine. "Do you think you could reach out and talk to Horizon, let him know where we are? He should be nearby, if he was trying to find another way into the camp."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Horizon can feel a familiar mental prodding:
"Monsieur? Your associates would like to inform you zat zey are currently in zee souz-east part of zee camp."

Suddenly, another loud message booms around the camp.
"Just a friendly reminder: Tick, tock, tick, tock..."

"Gaaah!", The Drow yelps, redoubling his effort of searching with a bit more gusto. And in due time...
"Aha! Finally!"
...he pulls out a larger-than-normal, delicate-looking beaker. He sets it aside, as he re-packs all the laboratory equipment back into the crate, and closes it up again. Looks like he's about ready to leave.

Last edited by Zarhon on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Skitter mindspeaks through Zephy to the others, "At this point, I think we may need to focus less in figuring out what they're up to and more on just throwing a wrench into the gears."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Waiting on results of last persuasion check.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:45 pm

The duo seem both confused and slightly suspicious by Horizon's choice of wording.

"Listen pal, all you need to know is this thing needs to work like a well oiled machine, or there are consequences you'd rather avoid. And what, you're getting tired already? Some hired muscle you are. Grit your teeth, or something. Just don't fall over on us, and you'll be fine."

(OOC: Bad Brony, you didn't post your OOC in the OOC thread. No cookies for you.)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 pm

"Mhmm so lot's of brutal murder then." Horizon weighs his options and then sits down, still keeping his hand held up, still performing the handsigns. "There, now I won't collapse." At this point, he hears the telepathic message and scowls. He has no idea how to communicate back, so he just sat and thought his reply really hard, hoping it would go through. "Well I'm in the northern part, doing something actually important. They can see what if they come look. I can't go anywhere right now." He tries to leave out the part where he actually wants help to deal with these two, after the last fight, but they should be on their way regardless.

At the same time, another idea of how to move forward occurs. "Hmm..." he half says, have moans, feigning dizziness. "Uh... ok maybe... maybe that wasn't a great... idea..." And he falls back, pretending he has passed out, and waits.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:59 pm

"Oh for the love of..."
"What do we do now?"
"I don't know! We're gonna get in trouble if we don't get a 3rd to assist!"
"Or he will."
"I'd rather not risk being caught in the cross-fire! Got anything to wake him?"
"Well, we're out of water so... Oh wait, I've got a "Shocking Grasp" spell! That ought to jolt him back into consciousness.
"Are you sure that will work?"
"Well, no. Maybe? I'm a bit out of practice..."
"Well, its our skin on the line, so do it. Try not to kill him."

Cultist's Arcana:

Unless you're cutting the act short ("waking up"), roll either persuasion or endurance (has situational penalty), opposing his arcana, to avoid being "woken up" and/or minor negative consequences.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:41 pm

"Waking up"

When the one cultist reaches out to shock him awake, Horizon jumps, grabbing him by the wrist and pulling him down to the floor. Using his momentum, he rolls atop the cultist, pinning him*. With one hand, he grabs the cultist by the jugular, choking him. With the other, he grabs for the cultist's weapon, finding a dagger, and attempts to throw it at the one still across the room.

Pinning:
Athletics to pin: 15+10-3=22
Acrobatics to throw: Nat1+10-3= 8
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Horizon's quick pinning maneuver manages to prevent the pinned cultist from shocking him, but he fumbles the dagger, accidentally cutting himself (2 damage).

You get one more skill check (probably vs one of them) before combat starts against them. Roll for initiative as well.

Duo's initiative rolls:
Guy #1 (pinned one): 4
Guy #2: 6
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 pm

"If anything at the least stopping both drow might cause a hindrance in Zilean's plans.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:56 pm

After fumbling with the knife, Horizon knows his chance at a quick fight was gone, so he might as well milk it for everything he could. He releases the cultist's throat and grabs his robe collar with both hands. He leans back, rolling upright to his feet, pulling the cultist up with him, and with all his might, turns and throws the man at the crystal. Knock it over, disrupt its power, kill the cultist- hopefully at least something would happen. Regardless of the result though, he turns to the more pressing matter of the still standing cultist, and draws his weapon.

Athletics: 8+10-3=15
Init: 9

Letting the first cultist peel himself from the crystal, he charges at the other, closing the distance. At the very least, he'll be close when he gets lit on fire, and could use that against his opponent.

Talent List:
Turn:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next