Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

+9
Deathstorm50
tygerburningbright
Whiteeyes
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Lapis-Lazily
mjh6
Colter Bolt
ZamuelNow
13 posters

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 4 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Is your character complete Tyger?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 4 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

Post  mjh6 Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:15 pm

Not bad, though I would think Knight's Presence would be a better special choice than Assassin's Gambit.
REading howmuch detail you put into your bio makes me feel I should expand mine though;) 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Is your character complete Tyger?
More or less will have to make some changes as we go along... but then again that is normal.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:36 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:Is your character complete Tyger?
More or less will have to make some changes as we go along... but then again that is normal.
You actually going to post it? I don't think I've seen them yet.

Need to decide who the leader is as well...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Its been posted for a awhile; look on page four.

Also, Deathstorm, I noticed you haven't put down what talent Spellchild affects.(I did the same thing when I first posted) So you should choose one and add that to you sheet:) 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm

I would.love some advice Tyger, but any rewriting will have towait till tomorrow when I can get at a computer and am not dead. I mostly wrote that whole sheet in one go, the characters story I intended for him to be a cynical rouge Lancer type but then I started typing and he became a paranoid samaritan batman. I think I have a thing for just ending up with things. ugh its too late for stuff. will post stuff tomorrow probably. ill have rewrite then. Also I could have sworn I put the Stare as spellschild effect. I may have imagined that tho. will rewrite tommorrow.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:01 am

... Somehow I missed that.

Okay, quick review on Terra.

Background feels a little rushed. Not sure why you have both animal talk and plant talk... through I suppose, earth pony princess and all that...

Not to sure about your combat build through. Why have Chains of the Drunken Master/Redirect Focus if you also have a weapon?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:50 am

My background are always rather poor arguably they are what I am worst at in the whole process, plants and animals are kinda different things, from when either I don't want to use the weapon or when I am forced out of it.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:15 am

I suck at background myself, but I think you could get something at least.

... Wait, forced out of it? Is that even possible?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:00 am

After reading the reactions with a well rested mind, I think I should make Silver Night the Heart, since were missing that character. My subconscious must've been telling me that when I wrote him. As for my combat build, I would really like advice on it, because I've never done any roleplaying before, and I've never made a character for any system before, I kinda just wrote what looked good and seemed to fit. I still like Daggerstorm and, well most of them except for Fireball and Blink and maybe Arcing Bolt. I really like the others, they look fun. Knight's Presence probably makes more sense, I suppose. Yeah, looking at it now, it's much much better for Silver. Changed now. Any advice on making Silver more of a Heart character?

Edit: Also, can you be forced out of your mech? I'm also curious.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 am

If you want help for your character to be 'The Heart', read this. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheHeart

Just, stay to that page okay? Otherwise, you will lose your soul.

I'm serious.

As for the combat build... I don't think grab for power is needed. You only got a -6 at most, and quite a few powers.

I suggest trying to make a theme for your character and go over the talents that work for that theme. Your character seems to specailize in small AoE damage, with a few talents to weaken the enemy or increase your defences.

For example, instead of say... Blink, you could instead have... Fist of Fury. -2 standard action. 1d10 damage to 2 enemies, and they get a -2 penalty for damage.

And instead of Daggerstorm, why not Frostfall? 2d12 damage to one enemy, and 1d12 to adjcant... and I think their stunned. Can't remember of the top of my head.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Advice hath been taken, but I like the character's story to much to change to any significant degree, so I added a paragraph at the end. Blink is now Fists of Fury, Daggerstorm is Frostfall, and I turned Grab for Power into Perfect Focus. Knight's Presence has overtaken Assassin's Gambit, and I now have an image to put to the name. Also, could you give me some RPing tips, I've never done this before... Also, any comment on my utilities? I'm not sure about Mind of it's Own.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:36 pm

... You did check out other alternatives before going with my suggestion, right?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:46 pm

@Deathstorm50: As far as both RP and combat, it all comes down to the question of what do you want to do?  Mind of Its Own has useful mechanics though when it's not reflavored it feels more necromantic.  It's up to you on if you want to keep it.  As far as combat, there's a variety of combat roles ranging from different forms of damage dealers to tanks, healers, non healing based support, and various forms of debuffing and crowd control.

Also, updated the second post so finding all of the builds is easier. Had some comments on oher things but I'll get to it later.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:02 pm

I did check out other things before going with your suggestions, but I liked the idea of AoE attacks, it felt right. Your suggestions looked pretty good, and I wanted something that would replace Grab for Power, but still be a power that gave pips instead of using them, and I like the powers that help me resist damage, so Perfect Focus was ideal in my eyes. I think I will remove Mind of it's Own, it doesn't mesh well at all with Silver's character. Going with the theme of over-preparedness, I've replaced it with Instant Party, which I have reflavored. As for what I want to do, I want to play a character that doesn't like to fight, but is perfectly capable of doing so, and can throw out attacks at several people at once.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:55 am

Random thoughts:
  • Check to make sure your talents are current since a few things have changed up within the past month.
  • The team doesn't seem to have a dedicated tank. It can survive without one but just noting it.
  • Make sure you have a flavor option for both the mech and fighting on hoof. While getting removed from a mech is one of those super abnormal rarities that you shouldn't expect it to happen, there are times you may have to fight before you get to the mech or that fighting with a mech isn't feasible.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Okay, have tweaked combat build slightly, replacing Deathwatch with Form of the Serene Armadillo, and Friendly Encouragement with Guarded Stance. I also bough Soldier's Vest and expanded Diamond Dust's back story a bit.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 pm

I gave my combat talents a mech name, and reflavored the out of mech names that looked like they should be more personalized. Arcing Bolt, Fireball, Smash and Grab, and Perfect Focus were fine as is. All my talents are up to date, it seems.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Got a little sidetracked this week but we should be starting soon.  I've been slowly contacting players for backstory stuff.  Also, the campaign locations will be similar to the official Equestria map but with some changes:
HorseTron Map:

1. To the south is a large barren wasteland known as the Jewel Desert.  A lot of the vegetation and some of the land itself has taken on an abnormal crystaline nature.
  2. To the north, the penguin Kingdom of Charlatan has had increased tensions in the last few months.
  3. Unlike FiM, The Crystal Empire is an autonomous country separate from Equestria though it is still a strong ally.
  4. Many travellers have disappeared into the swamp.  While previously avoided, something has been drawing ponies to it.
  5. Out in the westward ocean, a tiny island is about to make huge changes.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Everything up to date for me.

So, who is the leader and who is the lancer?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:19 pm

That will come into play as things progress. For now, the campaign thread is up.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Terra actually hasn't been told what's been found.  While it's been noted as important, it's been undisclosed until she arrives.

I'm curious, what is everyone's opinion of the proposal to remove the "pick 5" requirement and simply allow all 8 combat talents in battle? I'm contemplating whether or not I should go ahead and allow it for my campaigns. I can see the strategic mindset behind needing to carefully choose what to bring while I can also see the meta oddity of being locked out of some of your build if it's an inborn power as opposed to gear. My other concern is that Spellbook may have become a dominant strategy for some builds. There's a certain "why not take it?" aspect to it for support style builds which is arguably not good game design. What do you think?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 pm

I've been of the opinion that, if you're going to make the take 5 talents into battle thing, you shouldn't make a weapon that circumvents that restriction one of the cheapest weapons in the pile. I am in favour of just allowing all 8 talents in, personally. It'll allow for more weapon freedom, because I certainly wasn't planning on replacing it. Spellbook, that is.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 am

@Fury: Was Sky Wolf going to respond to Diamond Dust or should I just move on? Also, wasn't sure what you plan was since you mentioned rolls.

Deathstorm50 wrote:worry of the Jan's family trapped with a strange fire.
"Jan"? *scratches head*
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:28 am

Sky Wolf is trying to commit the open & close pattern of the flames to memoratry, and yes I was waiting for a reply to that.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next