Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players Wanted!

+25
Fury of the Tempest
kajisora
Paper Shadow
JadeCriminal
vexx1313
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Zarhon
Yawnmon
tygerburningbright
Azureink
LoganAura
ShadowDragon8685
Dr Blight
Lighting_3
AlicornPriest
Videocrazy
The Warrior of Many Faces
Demonu
elfowlgirl
Sable Shroud
XandZero2
Cardbo
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
29 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Players Wanted! - Page 2 Empty Re: Players Wanted!

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:35 pm

1.) Mostly I'd like to really explore the world and the characters everyone has, as the ones I've seen so far are extremely creative. Although, with the ponies I have now, they're more combat-oriented.

2.) I have mostly ponies available, as any other species I'd like to mostly reserve for friends' games. One's a unicorn, two are earth ponies, and two are pegasi. I probably want to play as Handle, though.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Okay then, I'm going to be opening three slots right away and see how that goes. I'd rather have a solid start and add players as we go along than have a slower start and have to cut back on players later.

I'm now accepting applications for the game.

Tell me...

1) What you enjoy doing, or imagine you'd enjoy doing, in a Pony Tales adventure. (Interacting with characters? Exploring the setting? Running lots of combat? Solving mysteries? Etc.)

2) What kind of character(s) you have in mind for the game. Ponies are allowed, as are griffins, changelings and the latest template of Baby Dragon (my last post in that thread). If you have another race you REALLY want to play, you can ask for permission.

1: I've pretty much explained what I'm looking for already. A solid story, with a coherent logic behind it, and that encourages you to try and figure out some things on your own. The ability to make actual choices, with definite consequences. A world rich with lore and interesting characters, one that truly feels live. As for combat, I have no issues with it, though I prefer combat that forwards the plot as opposed to random encounters.

2: I've already gone over the character I had in mind with you, but if I'm accepted I'd like to hash out the fine details in private before I post the sheet here.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Okay then, I'm going to be opening three slots right away and see how that goes. I'd rather have a solid start and add players as we go along than have a slower start and have to cut back on players later.

I'm now accepting applications for the game.

Tell me...

1) What you enjoy doing, or imagine you'd enjoy doing, in a Pony Tales adventure. (Interacting with characters? Exploring the setting? Running lots of combat? Solving mysteries? Etc.)

2) What kind of character(s) you have in mind for the game. Ponies are allowed, as are griffins, changelings and the latest template of Baby Dragon (my last post in that thread). If you have another race you REALLY want to play, you can ask for permission.

Character interaction and world exploring, mostly. Combat I can take or leave, and I'd prefer not to have too many mysteries to solve. I don't mind some, but a focus on them isn't my preference. As for what I'm planning on playing... well, I've got a disciple of Discord (not evil, per se) who I've been dying to try out. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mEx9oKYzglFWw-vHamWm6f-x4Z3kabWDioDKsyHqprw/edit

If I can't use Banana Nut Sundae, let me know so I can make something else. Baby Dragon might be interesting to playtest...
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Character interaction and world exploring, mostly. Combat I can take or leave, and I'd prefer not to have too many mysteries to solve. I don't mind some, but a focus on them isn't my preference. As for what I'm planning on playing... well, I've got a disciple of Discord (not evil, per se) who I've been dying to try out. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mEx9oKYzglFWw-vHamWm6f-x4Z3kabWDioDKsyHqprw/edit

If I can't use Banana Nut Sundae, let me know so I can make something else. Baby Dragon might be interesting to playtest...

Your character's cool, but I'm wondering how it'd work out for party dynamics. The whole XP system revolves around creating greater harmony, but you seem to have a character thats opposed to that.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Shroud Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:20 pm

I imagine I'd enjoy mostly puzzles/mysteries and combat. I really like doing puzzles, especially riddles and the like. and combat because.. I suppose because I'm a recovering combat focused munchkin? One of the reasons I like the system is because I need more practice role playing, but it also has a engaging combat system. And ponies of course, but I think that's a given.

As for the character, I have a concept for a Pegasus I've wanted to try out, but nothing really solid yet. I'm the type that generally waits for GM supervision when making a character, but I also tend to wait until the rest of the group has made theirs and then make mine to fill in the gaps in party strengths.

Sable Shroud
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighting_3 Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:27 am

If there's still room left:

1. I guess I've got say exploring the setting and running through some combat. Although, I mostly want to play so I can dip my feet into role playing games.

2. I'd like you to meet Steel Hoof

Lighting_3
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 am

There's still room left, I haven't made any decisions yet. Smile
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 am

Hey Stairc,

I'm going to go ahead and officially step down, as it looks like you've got plenty of player interest right now.

I'll be honest, I haven't read much of Karilyn's session synopses, but I know you're GMing is very popular among the FiD crowd and on this forum. Maybe I can jump into one of your campaigns some other time, and if nothing else, maybe I can get tips from you too, one GM to another? I would love to GM for Pony Tales eventually, but right now I'm still trying to get a good grasp of the system.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:25 am

Cardbo wrote:

Your character's cool, but I'm wondering how it'd work out for party dynamics. The whole XP system revolves around creating greater harmony, but you seem to have a character thats opposed to that.

She's not necessarily opposed to harmony, just to stagnancy, to things always being the same, which isn't the opposite of harmony. Part of the problem is that she doesn't have a good idea what harmony actually is. She's deluded herself that Discord is actually not evil and as such discord is good and harmony bad. She considers discord to mean change (which it obviously doesn't) and harmony to mean stagnancy (which it also doesn't). In short, she hasn't a clue what she's talking about. Thus, the harmony that the group can foster is preserved, since it's actually not what she's opposed to at all... even if she has no idea of that fact. Make sense?
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 pm

That's hilarious.

I'll be making my decision soon.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Two of the three initial slots are selected

The First 2:

I still haven't decided on the third yet.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Two of the three initial slots are selected

The First 2:

Yesyeyesyesyesyesyes! :twilighthappy: Thank you, Stairc!
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Can I join in?

I want to join since I've always wanted to try playing an RPG like this before but never had any opportunities. I always found it kinda cool when I'd hear just how epic these stories could get. I like ponies so when I heard about Pony Tales I gave the players handbook thing a read and it seemed really interesting so I made a changeling PC.

As for why I want to join in one of your games. From what I've heard and read on the comments in friendship is dragons, you're a good DM. Experienced and good at story telling and dealing with players, so I figure playing with someone like that at the reigns (sorry for the pun ponyhandler) would be good for me as a new player in a variety of ways, even if you are a tough DM from what I've heard too, I think that would also be good.

As for the kind of character I want to play. Based on the bit of back story I've come up with for my little changeling, character interaction is probably one of the main things I'm looking for.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Two of the three initial slots are selected

The First 2:

Yesyeyesyesyesyesyes! :twilighthappy: Thank you, Stairc!

Well, since you said that, I'm going to have to go with "So AWESOME!"

Thanks, Stairc!
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDragon8685 Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:30 am

I know this is a late-coming entry, Stairc, but if you're still considering people... Well, here's why I'd like an 'in'.

1: I find Ponies surprisingly compelling. I'm one of those people who scoffed at Ponies, until I was sat down to watch an episode, then I wanted to watch another, and another... And before I knew it, I was chain-watching the entire first two series, in order, from start to finish. Equestria and Ponies may be bright and colorful and oftentimes cheerful, but the amount of depth and complexity they have struck me compellingly; if you strip away all mentions of the fact that they are, in fact, equines, the first two episodes of Friendship is Magic scans very much like a D&D campaign in which the players pull a surprise dark horse victory off against the big bad evil girl. That hit me even before I started to read Friendship is Dragons, by the way.

2: Having seen Friendship is Magic seasons 1 and 2, it hits me that the world which has been created is deep enough and complex enough for tales that they just can't show on a kid's show, which is frankly amazing considering that they lead off with the Mare in the Moon pulling a straight-up throne usurpation and presenting it as a fait accompli, and season 2 leads off with a chaos god who would not be entirely out of place in 40K deciding to turn Equestria into his own madhouse, then ends off with a nearly-successful outright invasion. But in a roleplaying game, we can go where they can't go in a Saturday morning cartoon, in a setting that I find compelling.

3: I've spoken with you about game design and theory, and while we may not see eye to eye on everything, I'm quite clear on the fact that you're not just a hack throwing anything that strikes him as right together and stuffing fingers in ears at the slightest hint of criticism. That puts you lightyears ahead of nearly everyone else who's ever thrown together a gaming system of his own. As a consequence, I'm willing to trust that you may just know what you're doing when it comes to GMing; which is rare for me, since I tend to default to paranoid mistrust of GMs.

4: It's been forever since I played in a roleplaying game of any kind, barring an aborted Mass Effect PbP, and I'm dying to get back into one. Purely a selfish reason, but it's there. Smile

If you're interested, I'd like to submit the Pony I made and emailed to you (did you get it?) back when I sent you the Iron Hooves google doc and the character sheet template. Stormcloud, the Earth Pony with a hunger for the skies.

When you say a forum game, you do mean play-by-post, right?

ShadowDragon8685
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Hmm... The last slot is very difficult. I'm going to puzzle over it a bit longer...

For those not selected yet, if you still want in, what's your posting availability? How frequently can you get a post out?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:04 pm

I work during the days, so I'll typically only be able to post in the evenings, though I maybe a get a post in during the day.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Oh, I'm also not sure if I've mentioned this or not...

This campaign, like many of my campaigns, will be perma-death; due to the amount of players wanting to get in. You'll be able to get back in the game of course, but you'll have to re-enter after some of the other people have had a chance too. Nice way to raise the tension and keep things moving.

Poor Charming Waltz...
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Well right now my posting availability is pretty darn frequent but, that's probably going to lessen somewhat sometime soon as I'll be moving and such.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:48 pm

I have a LOT of free time over the summer, except for next week, when I'm on a cruise till Friday.

Other than that, I'm usually awake from 3 PM - 3 AM.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Oh, I'm also not sure if I've mentioned this or not...

This campaign, like many of my campaigns, will be perma-death; due to the amount of players wanting to get in. You'll be able to get back in the game of course, but you'll have to re-enter after some of the other people have had a chance too. Nice way to raise the tension and keep things moving.

Poor Charming Waltz...

No, you haven't mentioned it yet, but that seems fair. I'll just have to make sure I don't die. XD
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighting_3 Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Hmm... The last slot is very difficult. I'm going to puzzle over it a bit longer...

For those not selected yet, if you still want in, what's your posting availability? How frequently can you get a post out?
Right now, I'm pretty much free most of the time, soon I want have quite as much free time though.

Lighting_3
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Hmm... Idea.

Instead of delaying any longer, I'll start things with the two folks we have and see how it goes. Most epic fantasies pick up their group members along the way, after all - so we can add more players as we go along - at dramatically appropriate moments.

Sound good?
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:24 pm

I think that'll work for everypony Smile
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Hmm... Idea.

Instead of delaying any longer, I'll start things with the two folks we have and see how it goes. Most epic fantasies pick up their group members along the way, after all - so we can add more players as we go along - at dramatically appropriate moments.

Sound good?

Works for me, so long as you post a link to the RP thread so I can get there. Internet's still being wonky about getting to the Roleplaying page. XP
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next