Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

+4
Quietkal
Colter Bolt
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
8 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder) - Page 6 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:53 pm

LoganAura wrote:Sorry for not posting though I've been on most of the day. I primarily wanted to avoid having to talk to Varesh during the combat because that'd just get VERY confusing VERY fast with me posting so often.
Well, the reason I had Varesh speak to you now is because you were about to drain magic. Remember, that's her ability, not yours, so I figured she'd be around. That said, if you don't want to be posting often, I'll only have Varesh speak to you before your turn (so after the dragon's second turn)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder) - Page 6 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

Post  LoganAura Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:02 am

More I didn't want to overload the thread with the conversation when it comes up. Gonna post right now.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 am

You know... with all this defending Storm does... he's gonna start scarring, isn't he?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:40 pm

"Start"? I'd expect him to have like 50-60 scars along his body that aren't covered by armor or anything by now.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Well, I've never talked about them before, and I think he's going to be gaining them depending on the battles...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Have I ever told anyone I love my luck with rolls?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:24 am

I could be wrong, but I don't think life loss triggers Vuln...
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:34 am

Quietkal wrote:I could be wrong, but I don't think life loss triggers Vuln...
Indeed, but in this case Life Loss actually works in Aces' favour since it ignores Resist as well...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 am

Does this mean I wasted my stupid channel?

Edit: Where did that +6 come from?

Last edited by LoganAura on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 am

LoganAura wrote:Does this mean I wasted my stupid channel?
I will allow you to make a standard action right now as a replacement if you wish...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:06 am

Thank you. I was a little annoyed that I ended up doing a channel for something meant to weaken the guy and he just dropped his items. Honestly might just be the almost-bedtime that's getting me.

edit: I see where the  additional 6 came from too. 2 attacks on me.

Double Edit: Yeah it was totally that, combined with you and I talking about what the channel entails a couple nights ago, including me trying to decide for an hour if it was a good idea or not to continue rather than drop.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:14 am

LoganAura wrote:Thank you. I was a little annoyed that I ended up doing a channel for something meant to weaken the guy and he just dropped his items. Honestly might just be the almost-bedtime that's getting me.

edit: I see where the  additional 6 came from too. 2 attacks on me.
Yeah, initially I was going to have him cast his party-wide OD again, decreasing the amount of OD it applied (either 3 or 4, I hadn't decided), but since Aces' did a grand job bloodying the dragon, I had the dragon do its retreat phase. You have the right to be annoyed that I might have basically cancelled out your turn (although if you continue to channel you will absorb the magic from the dropped trinkets and help decrease your Shadow Coat time still, it'd be better if you fought)...

And yes, the six came from a second attack. I could have made that more clear...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:21 am

I actually had to count out the kobloids and the attacks to be doubly sure.

And yeah, when there's 9 guys versus the 5 party members, I'm not going to weaken them more.

I got two turns of trinket absorbing in, though, and some absorbing from after the battle is probably going to happen under Necrar/the other party members' watching eyes. So for now, I'm going to help deal n' heal.

Edit: Oh hey, they're just a minion swarm. I literally can deal with all but one of them when my real turn comes around so if either of you can help the downed dudes, that'd be grand.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:11 am

.... If I'm knocked out after taking an attack for someone, I would still take the six damage directed at me?

Oh and one last thing. Does the six damage take into account the reisit 2 I have?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:.... If I'm knocked out after taking an attack for someone, I would still take the six damage directed at me?

Oh and one last thing. Does the six damage take into account the reisit 2 I have?
Yes, you will take the six damage aimed at you, mainly because I am too lazy to decide on a new target. The six damage does not take into account the resist you have, so you actually take only four damage (but do remember to roll that 3d4 damage at the start of your turn, that counts as its own attack as well)...

Anyway, since you are down, we have to ask ourselves the question: when a changeling falls unconscious, does their disguise fade?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Storm Blade is a true-shifter changeling currently. He's not wearing a disguise, he's actually a pegasus.

Anyway, gonna do the roll then edit health...

I just rolled 3 1's... I'm not kidding. I'm rolled three, 1's.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Storm Blade is a true-shifter changeling currently. He's not wearing a disguise, he's actually a pegasus.

Anyway, gonna do the roll then edit health...

I just rolled 3 1's... I'm not kidding. I'm rolled three, 1's.
Okay dokey then. Also, fun fact, the dragon also rolled three ones, which is why he got to ignore the damage thanks to his resist. Yay Probability!
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:03 pm

That is weird...

Well, I hope Necar does some better healing next time around. Been a while since I've used Storm without his shield.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:06 pm

*Points at his -7 mass-heal and mass-damage*
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:09 pm

... Yes, we'll probably need that. How many PiPs do you have currently?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:That is weird...
I have the craziest luck when I'm rolling in this campaign. 30 on a 3d10, high saving throw success. Heck, those kobolds did 1d6 damage each, and every second one rolled a six. If only I was on your side (as opposed to everyone's side)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:32 pm

After that standard?
I have 8 Smile
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:34 pm

LoganAura wrote:After that standard?
I have 8 Smile
Most excellent... though it will drop your staff...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:38 pm

I have syphon life if we need more healing afterwards, critfisher to bring in damage (Or PiPs). The staff is nice but I have more,
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:41 pm

When Storm's back up, he'll have Syphon Life as well until he gets his shield back up.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next