Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

+4
Quietkal
Colter Bolt
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
8 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder) - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:42 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:... So? That doesn't mean it looks like he's actually going to summon them to fight with him.

Considering how arrogant he is, it wouldn't surprise me.
Maybe, but there's also the chance that he is dishonourable and sends as many kobolds as he can at you if he is losing...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder) - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:46 am

Kobolds don't have magic do they? Or ranged weapons really?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Magical Artifacts in his Hoard that the dragon's already picked from.
And there's a whole bunch of semi-cultists.
And kobloids could have crossbows and the like. (Order of the stick reference)

Snipe could tell Undergroth that if he helps them fight, it might save Snarl... unsure.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:37 pm

I know what the situation is thank you...

I'm curious as to what the magicial artifacts are myself.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:16 pm

I was thinking along the same lines for convincing Undergrowth. On the other hand, I have a completely insane plan that, if it does work, will make our fight so much easier. We would probably need all magic points left to pull it off.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Asking him to help the dragon by, instead of support healing the dragon, support healing the people attacking the dragon, doesn't really make sense to me/Undergrowth.
Long shot plans are the best plans. I'd drop Undergrowth's MP on it.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Ask him to make the fight more enjoyable to the dragon by helping the other side so that it would actually be a challenge.

I will pledge my MP to the cause.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:25 pm

I don't have an MP... but what is it your trying to do?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Turn the kobolds against Snarl.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 pm

... How the buck do you plan to do that?!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Persuasion, magic points, and a really lucky roll. As for what I'll say, I'm thinking about that.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Yeah, terrible idea really in my mind. Personal opinion? Not enough magic points in the world, even WITH generosity from everyone.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:21 pm

I never said it was a good plan. Just an insane one. I knew when I first put it out there that getting a nat 20 was way more likely than pulling the plan off.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:25 pm

So everyone's rolled their initiatives, are you guys ready to fight or are you going to give Necrar's plan a shot?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Well, not only do I not have any magic points to give, I would not back this up, ever. Firstly, it would never, ever work and secondly, having the kobolds turn on the dragon would ruin the point of the duel.

The duel is to show the dragon the fighting abilities of ponies, if he faces a large group of kobolds as well, then the effect is rather diminished.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Besides that, it';s one of those "Crazy enough to NEVER work" things.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:55 pm

How come Undergrowth's doc isn't in the front post?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Cause Paper doesn't want it shared yet I think?
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Makes sense.... as Undergrowth isn't actually part of the group yet.

Still, why is Undergrowth fighting and the other kobolds aren't?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:How come Undergrowth's doc isn't in the front post?
Good Question. That's because Undergrowth, and Quietkal, is a test for a idea I had for Guest Players. It works like Guest Starts in sitcoms, where a player gets to play as a character with interesting additions but only for an episode. Guest Stars will have talents and stuff not obtainable by normal players and will generally be the same level as the party, but they don't gain as many things as players do (for example Undergrowth only has four utilities and six combat talents), have flaws which hinder them, don't gain boons or destinies, and other such whatnots. It allows people to join interesting character ideas, you guys to get some extra help, and allows me to cover bases that the party is missing (such as dedicated supports or characters with high stats and not balanced out like most of you do) while not having to think of deep, campaign-wide storylines like I have planned for the rest of you. Think of them as Super NPCs, but not to the point they steal your limelight. Hopefully if it works out it'll be good fun for all of us and those who join us...

Quietkal is the first Guest Star, but he'll be in the next episode as well, on the sole basis that the first character he submitted fit perfectly into that episode, but I wanted to try this idea now. After that, I'm open to suggestions on other possible Guest Stars, provided the idea goes well. I will link to Undergrowth's document once the episode is over...

As for why Undergrowth is fighting and the others are not, that's because he took initiative. The others are more trained and are waiting for the dragon's command to attack...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Huh...

Can we submit our own guest stars?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Aw Quiet isn't staying? Sad
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:17 pm

LoganAura wrote:Aw Quiet isn't staying? :(
Not permanently, no. But that might be a good thing, considering this first character is sorta pulling an "I was from a rival cult all along."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Huh...

Can we submit our own guest stars?
Depends. If by that you mean people you want to play with for an episode, sure, but not at the moment. If you mean NPCs that you get to play as in addition to your regular character, then no, who do you think you are, Eddie Murphy?

LoganAura wrote:Aw Quiet isn't staying? Sad
Sadly not (he'll be in the next episode as a different character). It will be sad to see him go, we all know that Shibe post was a masterpiece...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Guests stars are only for an episode, you said so yourself...

Unless they are a recurring Guest Star, though that is unlikely to happen.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next