Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Quietkal
sunbeam
Lapis-Lazily
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
Copper Rose
11 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  Copper Rose Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I have them all as contacts on skype. conan is also my brother, so I actually bribed him with home-made truffles to join got his sign up face-to-face. The other two were hesitant, and felt more comfortable contacting me via skype than on the thread to ask about it (I think), because posting in the thread implies (perhaps) too much surety of intent of joining.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN] - Page 2 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof Sign-up and OOC [ONE SPOT OPEN]

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Hmmm. So is there any chance then that the rest of us could start introducing ourselves whilst we wait?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:37 pm

Posting interest, still working on character, though it'll probably be Perisopha Kaleidoscope, griffinling.
Also hello Crystal and Conan, I think you 2 are the only people signed up that I haven't met previously
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Ummm... can I inquire into more detail about what the RP will be like?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Quietkal can tell you what my DMing style is like, so can Lapis, and I think it would be better for them to tell you from their experiences than for me to say what I think. Aside from that, it may change from day to day, depending on general awakeness, and a lot on what characters are like. If you are interested, you can always join after it starts to see the tone it takes.

Also, I think I'll wait for Paper to at least have a name and character concept before I start the IC thread, so that he can participate at least partially. conan is actually using an oldish(maybe?) character, but he has to translate from another system, so he knows how to play his pony (I think so, anyway).

Last edited by Copper Rose on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Well... can I have a general idea at what the plot might be?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:34 pm

I'd hoped the opening post would give enough information on that, but if too vague, then here's the straight-forward.

This is a mystery campaign, and you guys will be solving problems, and eventually murders (not until the upper levels, though).
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:14 am

Right, that clears things up very well. Thank you... now I think I have a good idea what character to bring into this...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:36 am

I was thinking about signing up for this at some point but it looks like I waited a bit too long...

I'll just wait for the chance that someone leave or is denied...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:39 pm

I think I'm going to waitlist Callie, for the moment. I'm still interested in the game, it's just a little crowded for my taste at the moment. Also I'd prefer to develop her and her subplot more before dropping her into a game, but I can't make any headway on those until after new years' at least.
Gl hf dd
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:14 pm

I'm shocked at the level of interest in this game. Is it just because I put it up during the holiday season, or because it actually sounds interesting to so many people?

Anyway, I've decided to make a waiting list in the first post, for people who may not want to start playing at the very beginning for some reason. I'm not limiting how many people can sign up, just how many will actually be in the game, so those who sign up early, even if there's 8 or more already signed up, get first priority if someone drops from the game. I will be adding this to the first post.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:55 pm

I have observed that out of a party of eight (not counting Kal) half of them are Earth Ponies :O
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Well that just means this game is going to be very down-to-Earth (pun intended).

Anyway, we're mostly waiting on Fury now, to somehow get a link to his character sheet to me, then I'll put up the opening post of the IC thread.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Well that just means this game is going to be very down-to-Earth (pun intended).

Gurk!

That being said, I do think things should start out fairly normal, in order to give everyone a chance to introduce themselves.

Take heart! I said "start".
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:45 pm

While we're waiting, why don't players make their ponies with Pony Creator? Only 3 of you have so far, and it's nice to be able to look at a visual of someone's pony to know what NPC's would see.

Yes, I'm trying to keep you busy while we wait.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Copper Rose wrote:I'm shocked at the level of interest in this game. Is it just because I put it up during the holiday season, or because it actually sounds interesting to so many people?

You WHAT!? How dare you come up interesting campaign ideas for people to join! And then you dare to have the courtesy and foresight to preannounce running these so people know it's coming. I am shocked at your course of actions, ma'am!

Spoiler:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:40 pm

Copper Rose wrote:While we're waiting, why don't players make their ponies with Pony Creator? Only 3 of you have so far, and it's nice to be able to look at a visual of someone's pony to know what NPC's would see.

Yes, I'm trying to keep you busy while we wait.

You WHAT!? How DARE you try and make us entertain ourselves! Stop trying to shirk your work on us!

Actually, I haven't thought too hard about what River looks like... I know she's purple, that's about it. And I'm ambivalent even on that.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Hey, if it makes things better, I'll start the campaign at Midnight on the 31st, at the latest, but before that if Fury gets in his character sheet.

And yes, I really want those character images. A lot.  Daring Do 
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:04 pm

... Oh your waiting on me?

Sorry, I shouldn't take so long over these things, I'm just gonna go over the character's already before making a decision on who I'll use.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:06 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I'm just gonna go over the character's already before making a decision on who I'll use.
that's fine. If you haven't already noticed it, I provided a link to their information all gathered into one place in the first post, between spoilers. Here it is.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Oh I see... still, I think I'll like to look at the individual characters. Not just their stats...

Beams Brightly and Stacked Deck need combat builds... Stacked Deck... somehow, I think the police would have anti-magic capabilities so invisibility spells can't just get a guy out, or teleportation
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Beams Brightly and Stacked Deck need combat builds...
Actually, Combat anything won't even have to be thought about until... *looks at campaign notes* maybe level 4 or 5.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Still feels cheep to have a half-finished character bio...

Why does Wanderlust have a destiny?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:21 pm

Player decided what they wanted during character creation, knowing that it won't be immediately accessible? *shrug*
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Copper Rose wrote:And yes, I really want those character images. A lot.  Daring Do 

We'll see. It might happen tomorrow, it might take all month. Weeee'll seeee...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next