Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 7 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:14 pm

"So far my experience with you and your badge-toting friend has been less than civil. I'm not sure how police treat normal ponies, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't involve crash-tackling them and accusing them of murder."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:29 pm

"Basalt ain't a cop, he's a part of the guard. You ain't a bright bulb I'll tell you that."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:18 pm

"Well when you put it like that," said Dodger. "The reason I don't help the guard is that the guard is all too eager to brutalize me. The reason I do not help the police is because the police cannot and will not do anything to help me."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:55 pm

"Eh, you're a tough cat, you'll live. Welcome to Martial Law. Maybe in the future you won't hang around dangerous dumps with zombies around or give out fake names."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:58 pm

"Oh, trust me, Detective Wales, I have no intention of being anywhere near you when this is all over."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 pm

"Believe you me colt that feeling is mutual."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:42 am

"Are you two married? Because you really sound like it." Koli has apparently finally awoken from whatever magically induced slumber she was in. "Makes it hard to nap." She flits up and over to the door, landing in Scales' mane. "So what's up."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:20 am

Before asking the questions like "Who are you?" and "What are you?", Night Scales decides to take initiative over a recently awoken mind. "Do you know who killed Figure Med?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:32 am

Gearick frowned as he stepped forwards to examine the machine, then stopped, furrowing his brow as he pondered the situation they had at hand... the place they were at. "Its made from the void..." He muttered, recalling what he knew about the void, and what happened with the cure they had made before leaving the void originally. Looking up, he said. "Its a void construct... so I don't think it can actually influence us correctly... thinking about it, I don't think we can use the void to cure the ponies, at least not directly." Frowning, the unicorn looked around before turning back to Storm. "We should be able to experiment and synthesis a cure, but we'll have to be able to make it outside of the void in order to use it... at least I think. The void isn't exactly a clear-cut thing."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Gearick frowned as he stepped forwards to examine the machine, then stopped, furrowing his brow as he pondered the situation they had at hand... the place they were at. "Its made from the void..." He muttered, recalling what he knew about the void, and what happened with the cure they had made before leaving the void originally. Looking up, he said. "Its a void construct... so I don't think it can actually influence us correctly... thinking about it, I don't think we can use the void to cure the ponies, at least not directly." Frowning, the unicorn looked around before turning back to Storm. "We should be able to experiment and synthesis a cure, but we'll have to be able to make it outside of the void in order to use it... at least I think. The void isn't exactly a clear-cut thing."

"I was hoping you could use your knowledge of machines, and my knowledge of healing to make the dialysis machine more "real"."
Storm thinks for a moment.  "It might still be a worth a shot.  Figuring out the formula for the cure is a good idea, though."

"If you all could step back a bit, I'm going to imagine up a chemical analyzer and geiger* counter." Storm closes his eyes and imagines two more machines which he can daisy-chain to the dialysis machine.  The first is a broad-scale chemical analyzer, and the second is a geiger counter to see if the poison is radioactive in any way.

OOC: *Or whatever the local equivalent is called.

EDIT:Storm turns to the unicorn. "I'd like to give you painkillers, but I'm not sure how they'd react with the poison in your body, so this might help instead." Storm imagines a phonograph which will play relaxing music.

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:56 am

Scales:
"Uh... yeah, he did. Didn't anyone explain it to you? He blew himself up. We talked to his ghost and everything."

Storm, Gearick:
The unicorn continues moaning. When the music starts playing, he seems to physically try to relax, but still grinds his teeth. "I think I'd rather have the painkillers..."

The two other machines both appear, and both hook up to the machine. And again, they both work perfectly, readouts lighting up. The Geiger counter remains silent- the poison does not seem to be radioactive. The chemical analyzer reads out with a series of numbers, and they are more or less incomprehensible to most ponies; a point illustrated by Cobalt when he looks at it. "So those numbers... what do they mean?"

Storm, History check to read the numbers correctly, as they are confusing. FK diagnosis applies.
Gearick may roll as well. Couldn't hurt.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:34 pm

Bronymous wrote:

Storm, Gearick:
The unicorn continues moaning. When the music starts playing, he seems to physically try to relax, but still grinds his teeth. "I think I'd rather have the painkillers..."

"Let me see what we're dealing with first.  If its safe, I'll give you the painkillers."

Bronymous wrote:
The two other machines both appear, and both hook up to the machine. And again, they both work perfectly, readouts lighting up. The Geiger counter remains silent- the poison does not seem to be radioactive. The chemical analyzer reads out with a series of numbers, and they are more or less incomprehensible to most ponies; a point illustrated by Cobalt when he looks at it. "So those numbers... what do they mean?"

Storm, History check to read the numbers correctly, as they are confusing. FK diagnosis applies.
Gearick may roll as well. Couldn't hurt.

"Good question.  Let me take a look."  Storm looks over the numbers.

OOC:History + FK:Diagnosis
Roll(1d20)+12:
13,+12
Total:25
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:52 pm

Bronymous wrote:Scales:
"Uh... yeah, he did. Didn't anyone explain it to you? He blew himself up. We talked to his ghost and everything."
"You... were chinning with his ghost?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Scales:
"Chinning...?" She looks at Dodger. "Where did you find her? Yes, we were all 'chinning' with the Ghost of the pony who lives here. He told us about his puzzle, and about how he killed himself by accident. Then I think I took a nap... and then woke up, and then woke up again, and then just now woke up and here we are."

Storm:
The numbers indicate toxicity (matching the readout on the machine), a percentage that you believe is solubility, a fairly recognizable blood pressure counter, and a timer that is counting up, though what it is counting is hard to tell. Your Bph is normal, and the Unicorn's is elevated, reflecting the stress of the situation. The Solubility percentage is above 90%, reading both cases. The poison mixes quickly from the start, so any delay in time must be due to quantity of the poison in the blood, and possibly part of the symptoms. There is a chance that the painkillers will react to the poison, in the same way they might react to alcohol. A very minor dose should be safe enough, but if he wants relief it'll be a gamble. Admittedly, due to everything seen so far, you feel like the odds would probably be in your favor.

Last edited by Bronymous on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:41 pm

"She seems to have followed me home like a stray puppy," said Dodger with a grin.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:11 am

Bronymous wrote:

Storm:
The numbers indicate toxicity (matching the readout on the machine), a percentage that you believe is solubility, a fairly recognizable blood pressure counter, and a timer that is counting up, though what it is counting is hard to tell. Your Bph is normal, and the Unicorn's is elevated, reflecting the stress of the situation. The Solubility percentage is above 90%, reading both cases. The poison mixes quickly from the start, so any delay in time must be due to quantity of the poison in the blood, and possibly part of the symptoms. There is a chance that the painkillers will react to the poison, in the same way they might react to alcohol. A very minor dose should be safe enough, but if he wants relief it'll be a gamble. Admittedly, due to everything seen so far, you feel like the odds would probably be in your favor.

"The poison is 90% soluble, mixes quickly with the bloodstream, but 10 percent of it clumps together. You likely either sweated or excreted the other 90% percent out, leaving the 10% in your veins causing all this problems."

OOC: Am I understand the above correctly? If not, I'll edit.

"Looks like it would be safe to give you painkillers. There is a slight chance of a reaction, but its pretty low. I'm assuming you want to take it?"

Storm fiddles with the chemical analyzer to see if he can get a bead on what the Blue Moon Poison is. Like if it has a more common name? Blue Moon Poison, A.K.A Some other name that's more recognizable. Or is the analyzer can match to other similar substances. Something Storm can do a history check on, because if it's similar to another poison, it might have a similar antidote.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:35 am

Cardbo wrote:OOC: Am I understand the above correctly? If not, I'll edit.
...Yeah, sure, let's go with that. I should really wikipedia this shit, it's been a while since chemistry class.

The analysis display changes as you will it, running through what looks like an index of some sort. A close look, and you realize these are all toxic substances that you are familiar with, at least by name- what a few of them actually are escapes you. "Ahh... yeah, yeah give em to me..." the Unicorn is sweating, oddly enough, still gritting his teeth. As you give him his medicine, the machine beeps again, and it enlarges to read as follows:

BLUE MOON POISON (NEOTOXIC STRUCTURE)
Chemically similar to
BLUE MOON POISON (PRIMITOXIC STRUCTURE)
POISON TRANCE
POISON JOKE
DE MARQUE'S BLOOD
DREAM SERUM
FLIM & FLAM'S SOLARSHIELD SPF 5000 SUNSCREEN
PROBIOTIC CULTURES
EQUINE ADENOVIRUS
BACTERIOPHAGIC TOXINS
BLANK VIRUS
TROTROT DISEASE

Primary Active Agent
VIRAL ENZYMIC ENTITIES (UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:37 am

Bronymous wrote:
Cardbo wrote:OOC: Am I understand the above correctly? If not, I'll edit.
...Yeah, sure, let's go with that. I should really wikipedia this shit, it's been a while since chemistry class.

The analysis display changes as you will it, running through what looks like an index of some sort. A close look, and you realize these are all toxic substances that you are familiar with, at least by name- what a few of them actually are escapes you. "Ahh... yeah, yeah give em to me..." the Unicorn is sweating, oddly enough, still gritting his teeth. As you give him his medicine, the machine beeps again, and it enlarges to read as follows:

BLUE MOON POISON (NEOTOXIC STRUCTURE)
Chemically similar to
BLUE MOON POISON (PRIMITOXIC STRUCTURE)
POISON TRANCE
POISON JOKE
DE MARQUE'S BLOOD
DREAM SERUM
FLIM & FLAM'S SOLARSHIELD SPF 5000 SUNSCREEN
PROBIOTIC CULTURES
EQUINE ADENOVIRUS
BACTERIOPHAGIC TOXINS
BLANK VIRUS
TROTROT DISEASE

Primary Active Agent
VIRAL ENZYMIC ENTITIES (UNKNOWN CLASSIFICATION)

"Oh this is interesting."

OOC:History Check on these items.  What do all these items have in common with each other?  Especially in regards to potential treatments.
Roll(1d20)+12:
20,+12
Total:32
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:24 am

Scales ignores Dodger's comment. "Who else talked to this ghost?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Storm:
VIRUS. All of these are known to be viral infections, not poisonous toxins. The ingredients of the Blue Moon must, when combine, chemically build a viral enzyme that spreads and infects the cells of the body, and is most likely localized to a specific part, like Poison Joke or Poison Trance. If it's similar to DeMarque's Blood and the Dream Serum, then it obviously induces a dreamlike state, rendering the victim unconscious- illustrated by the effects of the Unicorn entering the void. They deteriorate the mind, but like Blank Virus it also causes extra-animation within the body, leading to the Zombie-like state of the victims. Of the infections listed, only Trotrot was fatal, though, so there's a chance that Blue Moon is also not deadly- maybe.

In that the viral structure is built through a chemical reaction, the antidote should be a reactive biological enzyme as well. That would explain the assumed ingredients- photosynthetic Red Oak cellulose (why that one specifically is anyone's guess), sucrose from sugar, water as a solvent. What's missing is a proper catalyst. While Wood and Sugar Water could be ingested to mitigate the viral infection of the old version of Blue Moon (probably through some unseen pseudo-magical effects), the new one needs to create an antivirus that can spread through the body as effectively as the virus itself. A chemical antiviral agent would be found in a number of medications, and the most readily available are probably flu medication, or better, vaccinations. Or, with another sample and the proper real world medical equipment, the viral enzymes could be isolated from the cells and a legitimate anitvirus could be formulated.

Scales:
"Uh... him, and the smaller unicorn. Roger and Rick, because the Pegasus left the room."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Finally recovering from the shock of what she was hearing, Bells blinks. Hard. "Waitwaitwait, you talked to Figure Head's... what?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:07 pm

"Koli here," explained Dodger, "Summoned up the spirit of Figure Head - something about coalescing his life force as a medium of communication. He explained to us that he was working on a cure for the Blue Moon poison - I couldn't follow his scientific process, but he mentioned adding oxidized carbon and phosphates, which I assume triggered the explosion. He then mentioned something about opening the void window, and whoever could would then own the house. It was shortly afterwards that we ran into dear Detective Mails and went through the Void Window. Gearick was there with me, as Koli was trying to say. He can - what's the word you detectives use? Corroborate my story?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Bronymous wrote:Storm:
VIRUS. All of these are known to be viral infections, not poisonous toxins. The ingredients of the Blue Moon must, when combine, chemically build a viral enzyme that spreads and infects the cells of the body, and is most likely localized to a specific part, like Poison Joke or Poison Trance. If it's similar to DeMarque's Blood and the Dream Serum, then it obviously induces a dreamlike state, rendering the victim unconscious- illustrated by the effects of the Unicorn entering the void. They deteriorate the mind, but like Blank Virus it also causes extra-animation within the body, leading to the Zombie-like state of the victims. Of the infections listed, only Trotrot was fatal, though, so there's a chance that Blue Moon is also not deadly- maybe.

In that the viral structure is built through a chemical reaction, the antidote should be a reactive biological enzyme as well. That would explain the assumed ingredients- photosynthetic Red Oak cellulose (why that one specifically is anyone's guess), sucrose from sugar, water as a solvent. What's missing is a proper catalyst. While Wood and Sugar Water could be ingested to mitigate the viral infection of the old version of Blue Moon (probably through some unseen pseudo-magical effects), the new one needs to create an antivirus that can spread through the body as effectively as the virus itself. A chemical antiviral agent would be found in a number of medications, and the most readily available are probably flu medication, or better, vaccinations. Or, with another sample and the proper real world medical equipment, the viral enzymes could be isolated from the cells and a legitimate anitvirus could be formulated.

"Its not a poison, its a virus."
Storm takes his notepad and pen from his saddlebags, and starts taking down notes about what he's learned. "We had learned of a cure for the Blue Moon Poison from an older source. It would take a Red Oak, Water and Sugar, but that cure seem ineffective or incomplete. What we would need are ingredients derived from flu vaccinations to make a complete cure. Or if I had access to a better real world lab, I could probably synthesize those ingredients from the virus itself."

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Storm:
"Uhh, right." Cobalt looks at the unicorn, who has relaxed a bit. It's obvious the pain is still there, but it looks like the painkillers have started to take effect. "So... fine. You've convinced me you're at least the most knowledgeable pony about this epidemic." He turns to Gearick. "I've seen enough of this so-called dreamworld. You can come with me as I inspect the rest of the house, if there's anything else you think I should know. Mr... Doctor... you, if you're done here then head back upstairs. Once I'm done we'll see about getting that cure made." Cobalt turns around and then cautiously examines the door-portal, before stepping through.

Scales, Dodger:
"Yeah, all of that." Koli flies over to the bed towards Bells, and then halts when she sees Snuggles eyeing her nearby. "I'm a little bit out of it though... who are the two new girls?"

Last edited by Bronymous on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:51 pm

"My name is Silver Bells, and this is Detective Night Scales." Bells says, looking at Koli and trying to see if she can discern from looking what spell was used to summon the dead to speak. It probably looks like she's giving Koli a distrustful glare, but really she's just curious.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next