Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+15
Xel Unknown
The Warrior of Many Faces
Yawnmon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Commander Shepard
Stairc -Dan Felder
Philadelphus
Dr Blight
Videocrazy
Demonu
Masterweaver
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
19 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 4 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:35 pm

@XandZero

Did you see the new character I posted earlier? Do I have the go ahead to use him.

EDIT:Coffee Mug
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 4 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Masterweaver Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:48 pm

....wait what? I'm pretty sure it's just automatic success.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Cardbo wrote:@XandZero

Did you see the new character I posted earlier? Do I have the go ahead to use him.

EDIT:Coffee Mug

^Oh yeah. I missed that at first.

Looks like you've got 7 utility talents. You should only have 6, right?

Also, just a thought, but you might consider having one or two more + abilities with higher PiP bonuses. That way you could get your powerful abilities to kick in more.

Just curious, but why'd you decide to change characters? Make sure this is the one you want to play, because I'm just about to post up the setting details. I'd like you to try to avoid changing characters after that.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:51 pm

XandZero2 wrote:

^Oh yeah. I missed that at first.

Looks like you've got 7 utility talents. You should only have 6, right?

Oops. Fixed that.

Also, just a thought, but you might consider having one or two more + abilities with higher PiP bonuses. That way you could get your powerful abilities to kick in more.

I'll swap out some in a little bit. EDIT: Swapped out Domineer for Draw Blood. Works better with Despair.

Just curious, but why'd you decide to change characters? Make sure this is the one you want to play, because I'm just about to post up the setting details. I'd like you to try to avoid changing characters after that.

Coffee Mug was one of my first pony concepts, though I never actually stated him out until now. Also, it annoys me that we've got no magic support

Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:56 pm

@XandZero2

So am I allowed to use the dilettante thing? If I am I'd like to quickly swap a utility skill or two.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Dr Blight wrote:@XandZero2

So am I allowed to use the dilettante thing? If I am I'd like to quickly swap a utility skill or two.

That's fine Dr. Blight.

@Cardbo:
Okay, that's cool. I just wanted to make sure that's what you were up for playing.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:50 pm

thank you. Made the change then, and that's the last one. Ready to play whenever you all are Very Happy
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Demonu wrote:Or go the ironic route and call her Shining Rainbow.

What? Not Rainbow Bright? =P (Is there any canon instance of ponies having ironic names?)

Helping Hand? That seems a very strange name for a pony. Gray Scale would be good...if she had scales or had something to do with the concept of justice or money. Otherwise it's not puny enough for a proper pony name like that! (At least not enough to suit me.)

@Dr Bright: Why are you choosing Dilettante and not taking other race's stuff? You could just go with my alternate version of Copycat and have an extra utility talent. It would be exactly the same for the choices you've made....plus you'd have another Utility. Dilettante is really an option meant for Changelings who want to take a bunch of other race's stuff at character creation. It's just pointlessly robbing yourself of a Utility talent otherwise.
Unless I'm not looking in the right place for your current build? Though it didn't have Dilettante listed there....

@Cardbo: Ooh. CoffeeMug is an excellent fit for this party.

Edit: Xand, yeah, I was waiting on you making setting info to give a backstory but, I more or less have one out.

She more or less grew up in whichever place we're starting out and developed her cutie mark rather late because it took a while for her to figure out that what she enjoyed wasn't focusing on one thing but, basically dabbling in a bit of everything. Thanks to her always being of aid to whoever needs it she knows pretty much everyone in town (thus high Streetwise). She's more skilled in healing because of tending to help out in the hospital, the spa, the herb shops, the acupuncturists, etc. more often than other places because that's where she usually feels she's being the most helpful to others (and doesn't require her to talk very much to the people she's helping). She's very shy and softspoken partially just by nature but, also as a result of a lot of teasing and bullying when she was a young filly (she didn't have any fellow cutie mark crusaders). She's also infamously clumsy and accident prone. Both in frequency and the occasional unbelievable snowball of disaster. Despite her shy nature, she's often one of the people to throw a party together because when it comes down to it throwing a party is just a bunch of various jobs all rolled up into one event and what she can't do herself she usually knows the perfect person for the job (and also she gets vicarious enjoyment out of it).

Last edited by Ramsus on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:25 pm

@Everypony:

Alright guys, I think we're all just about ready to get started. We still need to settle on Ramsus' character name and Masterweaver's character abilities, but otherwise, we're good to go.

Before we officially kick off the campaign though, I'd like to post up the setting description. I'll probably re-post something similar in the campaign thread later, but for now I'd like you all to familiarize yourselves with some basic setting information, and then think of a reason why your character is attracted to this setting. I'll explain that last part in a bit, but for now...

Let me introduce you to...

(Drumroll Please)

The city of -

NEW ORREIGNS

Spoiler:

New Orreigns is a port city in the southern reaches of Equestria. Located at the base of the Mustangippi River (which empties into the Gulf of Maneco), the city has slowly sunk further and further down into a bowl-shaped valley over the course of generations, due in no small part to the swamplands the city was founded on. The city itself actually lies below sea level, and this is why it’s surrounded on all sides by a levy system that protects the inhabitants from flooding (most of the time). New Orreigns is also surrounded by swampland, an area known as the Surefire Swamps, and these swamps are a popular tourist attraction, boasting beautiful scenery and a diverse bayou ecosystem outside the city limits. New Orreigns boasts a surprisingly large Zebra population, and the city itself is a popular tourist attraction for the centuries of culture it represents – bridging the gap between Pony and Zebra kind with shared history of food, architecture, and celebrations. Speaking of which, the city is legendary for its wild Maredi Gras parties and it’s delicious food (from oat-wheat jambalaya to hayseed gumbo to queen cake), which is exported all across Equestria.

Strangely enough, for a city that deals with so much Zebra traffic, the pony population often seems very distrustful of Zebra kind, and since the city’s founding, many Zebras have felt more comfortable at the city’s fringes, living in the slums, or even outside the city’s walls in the Surefire Swamps. There are rumors that this latter group of Zebras are “evil enchanters,” and visitors are warned not to cross their paths. But for all this racial tension, the city has come a long way from its original Zebra discriminating tendencies. So much so, that the much-loved current mayor of New Orreigns, Zechariah d’Orreigns, comes from a mixed parentage of Zebra and Earth Pony stock.

As far as the climate goes, New Orreigns and the surrounding area remain relatively warm and humid year-round. The pegasus weather ponies only ever make it snow once in a decade, but they make it rain often. Tropical storms and hurricanes are also not uncommon in the fall months during the Great Sea Serpent Migration (that’s why the city's strong levy system is necessary – along with a well-equipped Pegasus Weather Defense Force). Likewise, the summer months can be nigh-unbearable due to the oppressive heat and humidity. That’s why most ponies try to spend the longest days of summer in-doors (with air-conditioning).

Our quest begins in early spring, one month away from the most anticipated event of the year, the Festival of Maredi Gras. Business is booming, tourism is just starting to pick up after the winter months, and many companies are looking to hire new staff for the season. Colleges throughout the city are also beginning a new spring semester, and all in all, it's a great time to be a young (or old) colt or filly entering the city for the first time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

With that said guys, you will all initially be coming into the city as outsiders. Think of a reason for why your pony wants to visit New Orreigns at this time. It could be that they've been hired for a job, or that they're still looking for work. Maybe they want to enjoy some tourism before the crowds start arriving? They could also be going to attend college (or teach) at one of the universities, such as the prestigious University of New Orreigns.

I plan on PMing each of you to secretly discuss your character's reasons for coming to this setting. There are a few more options specific to certain ponies, but I plan on discussing those in the PMs.

Keep in mind, I DO NOT want you posting your character's reasons for coming to New Orreigns on this thread. I want that to be a secret kept between each player and myself until the player wishes to discuss their reasons in-character.

-My goal here is to further immerse you guys in the story by giving you reasons to be wandering around in the city. I think it should keep things interesting - and even allow you guys to keep some secrets from the other players if you want.

Enjoy!
-Josh
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:30 pm

Ramsus wrote:
Demonu wrote:Or go the ironic route and call her Shining Rainbow.

What? Not Rainbow Bright? =P (Is there any canon instance of ponies having ironic names?)
Helping Hand? That seems a very strange name for a pony. Gray Scale would be good...if she had scales or had something to do with the concept of justice or money. Otherwise it's not puny enough for a proper pony name like that! (At least not enough to suit me.)

You know, it might be easier to come up with a name for your pony if you'd written some fluff for her Wink

First Aid? Safety Patrol? Silent Safety? Safety Pin? Heartfelt Help? Aid Another!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:32 pm

@%$# just wrote her fluff and edited it into the previous post...and then ninja'd by your setting info and then the whole not coming from there. Blargh!

Edit: I guess I could say she left her last town after some horrible accident but, she'd still have to have been here a while for Streetwise to make much sense.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Ramsus wrote:@%$# just wrote her fluff and edited it into the previous post...and then ninja'd by your setting info and then the whole not coming from there. Blargh!

Edit: I guess I could say she left her last town after some horrible accident but, she'd still have to have been here a while for Streetwise to make much sense.

Ramsus, I'm sorry.

I didn't know what your intentions were, and I should have told everyone in advance that they'd be outsiders coming in. I'll PM you with some ideas. Don't sweat it.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:57 pm

@Dr Blight: Nvm my previous statement directed at you. Stairc has made it clear that my suggested version of Copycat will never be official because he doesn't like people having that option in addition to the ones he's made.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:12 pm

No worries. I was going to say, I wanted to go with Dilettante on the off chance I survive this adventure and wanted to use the character again. I figured it'd be easier to already be in the regular layout than try to figure out which utility talent I want to get rid of for Dilettante later.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 pm

New and improved pictar of Whisper.

Spoiler:

Btw, I keep forgetting to mention even though Xand has asked a few times. You don't have to insert the spoiler code manually. If you click the others button, it's on the dropdown that appears.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:46 am

Ramsus wrote:New and improved pictar of Whisper.

Spoiler:

Btw, I keep forgetting to mention even though Xand has asked a few times. You don't have to insert the spoiler code manually. If you click the others button, it's on the dropdown that appears.

Looks good. So you going with "Whisper" for her name then? That works.

Also - ah hah! I see. Others button... I'll have to look into that. Thanks!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:07 am

So we're just waiting on people sending you PMs and such before you start a campaign thread then?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:22 pm

Ramsus wrote:So we're just waiting on people sending you PMs and such before you start a campaign thread then?

Yep.

-And I'm almost ready. We'll kick things off either today or tomorrow. Sorry for the wait guys, but I'm heavy on the role-playing element and I also like to take my time with things (in the hopes of getting them right - fingers crossed).
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:27 pm

XandZero2 wrote:
Ramsus wrote:So we're just waiting on people sending you PMs and such before you start a campaign thread then?

Yep.

-And I'm almost ready. We'll kick things off either today or tomorrow. Sorry for the wait guys, but I'm heavy on the role-playing element and I also like to take my time with things (in the hopes of getting them right - fingers crossed).
Heavy on the role playing element?

Sounds like my kind of game. Cool
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:47 pm

That's good news. Ok guys, you heard him. As soon as the party meets up we spend five pages interacting and making the GM cry because he has nothing to do! =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Ramsus wrote:That's good news. Ok guys, you heard him. As soon as the party meets up we spend five pages interacting and making the GM cry because he has nothing to do! =P

Oh boy.

What have I gotten myself into now?

;P

Seriously though, looking forward to it. I always get nervous right before a session. It's this kind of excited nervousness - a good sort of tension. Makes me feel alive (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm excited too. Never played one of these games before like I said, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:59 am

Dr Blight wrote:I'm excited too. Never played one of these games before like I said, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like.

^I hope I don't disappoint (:

Alright guys, I finally typed up the first post, and I'm just about to officially kick off the campaign. I'll warn you now that the first post is heavily ripped from The Watchmen comic, The Watchmen movie, and the Pony Watchmen spoof on youtube (thanks for drawing my attention to it originally Cardbo), which can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi8GV_pq3Gg

And here. We. Go!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:45 am

Hahaha, that one and the Star Wars one were really funny. OMFG....Star Wars Pony Tales setting.....
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:31 am

out of curiosity, I've noticed this "dices roll" thing on the bottom of screen when making a post. I assume that's how we make our rolls ingame when we need to so. How do you work it?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next