Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+15
Xel Unknown
The Warrior of Many Faces
Yawnmon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Commander Shepard
Stairc -Dan Felder
Philadelphus
Dr Blight
Videocrazy
Demonu
Masterweaver
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
19 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:28 am

Ramsus wrote:
Edit 3: Oh right, forgot. As for the "5 minutes" things, I think maybe....5 or 10 posts? "The rest of the day" isn't particularly helpful either since we probably don't all live in the exact same timezone. Posts, however are the same for all of us. (Which of course means we're going to meta-game and keep all our OOC over in this thread whenever those powers are used to conserve on posts, lol.)

I was thinking a literal 24hr period. You look at the timestamp on the post, 24hrs later, the ability fades.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:29 am

Oh, that would work too I suppose. *shrug*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:39 am

Cardbo wrote:
Ramsus wrote:
Edit 3: Oh right, forgot. As for the "5 minutes" things, I think maybe....5 or 10 posts? "The rest of the day" isn't particularly helpful either since we probably don't all live in the exact same timezone. Posts, however are the same for all of us. (Which of course means we're going to meta-game and keep all our OOC over in this thread whenever those powers are used to conserve on posts, lol.)

I was thinking a literal 24hr period. You look at the timestamp on the post, 24hrs later, the ability fades.

Aren't you guys kind of hosed, then, if you activate it and the GM happens to be unavailable for the day? You've basically wasted the power.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:47 am

Dr. Blight, welcome to the fold.

WE HAVE OUR FIVE PLAYERS!!!!

-Let the fanfare ring out across the land (:

Okay guys, I'll give a few more days to get prepared, comment on some unfinished business, and send some PMs out. If you want to be more than 4 grounded ponies and a Swiss Army Changeling, now is the time to make changes. If you're happy with what you have, just sit tight a liiiiiiiiiiittle while longer.

Last edited by XandZero2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:48 am

It really might be best just to avoid using them in play by posts. Cardbo, I have no problem with you re-taking Instant Party, it's one of the best things for multiple people in a party to have. (Not that there aren't plenty of other shiny things out there, though it did seem to fit your character pretty well.)

Edit: Ninja'd. I assume we're not allowed to say we're not happy with what we have and change someone else's race? =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:56 am

Ramsus wrote:
Edit: If anypony reading this is artistically inclined, I would very much appreciate something for her Cutie Mark since my art skill is in the negatives.
If you can provide more of a description (or possibly some concept art) of what you want her Cutie Mark to look like I can take a shot at it. I'm no artist, but I might be able to make something passable.

A few examples of Cutie Marks I've created so far, if you're curious:
Spoiler:
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 am

Haha. Concept art. The only type of that I'm capable of is the concept that people can make art. *sigh*

Hmm, well, the idea I have is an extended hoof but, that might look weird and rather vague. Oh, and thanks ahead of time.

Hmmm, I'm actually having trouble thinking up symbols that represent being helpful. Any ideas guys?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 am

Look for Fluttercruel fanart? I recall she gets a Helping Hoof cutie mark in Pony POV.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:05 am

I could swap Chitin's stats to

Athletics: 8
Precision: 7
Knowledge: 5
Horse Sense: 8

Training:
Persuasion
Perception
Stealth

if you guys think it might be better for the group?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm not changing anything at the moment. Sorry guys, but switching things around would mean to be less of an individual and more trying to get all bases covered in a group. That's like saying in D&D that you must have fighter/cleric/rogue/wizard even if the players all want to be fighters. It can work. We'll just be an highly specialized taskforce that dabbles in some other fields.

I was initially planning for a Pegasus character but the fact that you have to take at least 2 utility talents just not to suck at flying turned me away from it. And the Unicorn utility talents just don't do it for me (most of them anyway) Same goes for the other races that are in the official handbook.

But if you guys are adamant about this, I'd be willing to switch out my Earth Pony detective for my Unicorn evoker.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Dr Blight wrote:can I join in?

Spoiler:

Is that good?

I should be able to post very frequently, a few times per day most likely.

As for what I'm looking for, this would be my first RPG ever so, I'm mostly just looking to see what a game is like and try out various things.

I still don't have a clue how you guys can post those "spoiler" drop-down bars. That's pretty cool. Can someone please tell me how to do that?

-But whatever the case, your character looks good so far, Dr. Blight. Keep in mind that we do have a lot of support powers already in this party though. It might be more beneficial to the team if you could focus even more on damage output and let some of the other players take care of the support roles. You also seem to have a lot of PiP gaining combat actions. You might want to switch a couple out for a few more powerful - actions to give yourself a little more diversity.

Please note though, you don't have to change your character if you don't want to, that's just my advice.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:54 pm

XandZero2 wrote:
I still don't have a clue how you guys can post those "spoiler" drop-down bars. That's pretty cool. Can someone please tell me how to do that?

Like doing quote blocks above. Its spoiler and /spoiler surrounded by brackets.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Ramsus wrote: I assume we're not allowed to say we're not happy with what we have and change someone else's race? =P

Come again?

BTW - I think you guys are stressing out about this party a bit more than is necessary. I don't think a Unicorn and a Pegasus are necessities in a PT campaign, and I'm fine with you having party stat spreads that are focused on certain elements and horrible at others. I just want to give you all fair warning before we get started, that if I call on you to make Athletics checks' you might be in trouble.

If you all die early on, you can learn a valuable friendship lesson (;

-BTW - I'm not against you making new characters if you die. I'm also not a murder-happy GM.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Melodic was originally in the Earth Pony thread but I think it was copypasted into Everypony. The other two are Everypony as well.... I just copypasted them from the thread, you'd have to ask Zarhon for clarification. That did confuse me as well...

@MW:
How vital is "NOW KISS" to your character concept? I'm willing to work with you if you really think you should have it (I'll need to get with Zarhon for clarification), but if it's not a major problem, could you change it out for another suitable (and less confusing) ability?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:00 pm

I was just teasing people. I think we'll be fine. Though, Xand would you be ok with Dr Blight using my alternate "template" for Changelings? Because it seems he only built his guy the way he did because of the limitations posed by the official version of Copycat.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Dr Blight wrote:I could swap Chitin's stats to

Athletics: 8
Precision: 7
Knowledge: 5
Horse Sense: 8

Training:
Persuasion
Perception
Stealth

if you guys think it might be better for the group?

Dr. Blight, if you're okay with that stat block, it would give the party a few more options through Athletics checks.

Demonu makes a good point though. I don't want anypony to feel forced to sacrifice their concepts for the sake of the group. As long as your stats fit with your character concept and you're happy with that - I'm cool with it too.

Demonu wrote:But if you guys are adamant about this, I'd be willing to switch out my Earth Pony detective for my Unicorn evoker.

^This is what I want to avoid. Demonu, if you want to play Clueseeker, don't feel forced to do anything else. We're trying to have fun here, and everyone should play what they want.

@Everypony:
Just to clarify one more time - I think it's a good idea to have some discussion about what the party lacks, as some players may be willing to change their characters up a bit (and it won't effect their concepts either way), but if your stats and abilities are intrinsic to your character - keep them. At the end of the day, we're all just trying to have fun in the magical land of Equestria. Play nice guys (;

Also, I think we should still be able to do "real time" abilities in pbp, we just need to all agree on how it works. How about it works for 10 or so posts, with me being the deciding factor/random element? Is that acceptable?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Ramsus wrote:I was just teasing people. I think we'll be fine. Though, Xand would you be ok with Dr Blight using my alternate "template" for Changelings? Because it seems he only built his guy the way he did because of the limitations posed by the official version of Copycat.

Good to hear, Ramsus.

Check my question in the "Hooved Adventures" thread. I'd like some clarification first before I go with your template.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 pm

XandZero2 wrote:
Also, I think we should still be able to do "real time" abilities in pbp, we just need to all agree on how it works. How about it works for 10 or so posts, with me being the deciding factor/random element? Is that acceptable?

Works for me.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:37 pm

Well I'm fine with that but, it was my idea and it doesn't effect me so that doesn't mean much.

Edit: Oh yeah. Again, if you guys have any suggestions for my character's name or what the helpfulness cutie mark should look like it'd be appreciated.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:45 pm

I'll go with the different block then. 1 point down from precision and horse sense won't greatly affect my vision for Chitin. She's still fairly rogue-ish I think. ._.

Looking over the combat abilities again, Pony Tales doesn't seem to have a straight-up fighter.
Anyway, swapped one of the skills for her to a more attacking one that still fit her sorta group-oriented rogue feel in my mind..

Spoiler:

Might swap Celestia's Light for Slashback but I don't fully understand. it says interrupt so does Slashback stop the triggering attack from happening or is it more like a reaction?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Now Kiss... I'd like to keep it but I won't if it's too complicated. She's a shipper though. I could swap it out for... what was that other one Zarhon made, the refuge in audacity one....

Also, generally I interpret it as 1 minute equals two posts from the caster.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:18 pm

You might want to swap out royal command for something else. We already have a lot of that one. Swapping Celestial Light for Slashback sounds good. I believe Interrupt means it happens as soon as it's triggered. Thus if it was triggered, you'd do slashback, and then if the opponent was still alive it would continue its action.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Interrupts trigger before the attack.
Reactions trigger after the attack.

Guys, switch out Clue Seeker for Unicorn evoker for more diversity or not? I'm fine either way.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Well, I'd say play whatever you want to play more. Otherwise I'd have no excuse for not making a different character myself.

Edit: MW, I just saw your comment about the cutie mark. Problem is....I have no idea what it is you're talking about. Don't suppose you could provide a link or better a pic?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Clue Seeker it is then. I'll just keep my Unicorn evoker on standby if needed.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next