Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

+15
Xel Unknown
The Warrior of Many Faces
Yawnmon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Commander Shepard
Stairc -Dan Felder
Philadelphus
Dr Blight
Videocrazy
Demonu
Masterweaver
elfowlgirl
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
19 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Masterweaver Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Er.... what comment?
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 3 Empty Re: The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC)

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:52 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Look for Fluttercruel fanart? I recall she gets a Helping Hoof cutie mark in Pony POV.

That one.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Oh sorry.

Pony Point of View is an ongoing and well written series detailing the psycholgoical fallout of Discord's release. Fluttercruel is, in fact, a scrap of Discord's magic that gains self awareness after Discord is resealed and tries to psychologically intimidate Fluttershy: Fluttershy instead takes the view that Fluttercruel is literally an infant and is just scared and confused, and takes to raising the child in her won head. Through a series of heartwarming and dramatic events Fluttercruel eventually is revealed to be just as much a pony as Fluttershy, earning her own cutie mark. Which is a helping hoof.

It's a good series, if somewhat poorly organized in chronology.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Spoiler:

Hey look, my combat abilities are half rogue, half paladin! I'll go with that then, since I couldn't find anything else that still fit with how I view Chitin. Reading over some of these more magical attacks, definitely going to make a unicorn mage of some kind as another character too.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Ok. So MW....where do I find a pic of this helping hoof since...yeah?

Heh, rouge/paladin. Neat.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:16 pm

....Huh. I'm looking for images of FLuttercreul, but she's actually got next to no fanart.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Masterweaver wrote:....Huh. I'm looking for images of FLuttercreul, but she's actually got next to no fanart.

"spoilered for potentially offensive language":
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Er, no, I'm looking for a character from a very specific fanfic. Her name is Fluttercruel. She explicitly says she's keeping that name because it's hers.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Oh. I know the series you're talking about, I just thought you wanted general images.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Nope. Just trying to find something for a cutie mark for being helpful and my original idea was a helping hoof but, not really sure how that would look.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Dang it, I messed up my post while I was editing...

Last edited by XandZero2 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Seems a little...bland for a cutie mark though doesn't it? Maybe her cutie mark should be the Eye of Suaron. For no reason at all. Or hypnotoad (of course you won't know it's hypnotoad). =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:05 pm

@Ramsus:
Perhaps you should consider your character from the angle of healer? If that's the case, she could have a medical/hospital themed CM, maybe something like this:

http://www.spectrumortho.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=hospital_symbol.jpg&tabid=723&mid=1879

@Dr. Blight:
Everything looks good with your character. Also, if you want to try Ramsus' Changeling Template, I'll allow it. It's up to you.

@Masterweaver:
I just looked at the Everypony Utility thread. It doesn't look like Stairc ever commented on the Shipping Goggles feat set - so I wouldn't say it's official by any means. Still, I'll allow you to use them (with the exception of "NOW KISS," which is a funny concept, but just way too powerful looking to me). I'd be more inclined to let you use "Love Triangle" if you'd be interested in that ability. If you go with "Love Triangle" though, can we agree to make the assist bonuses thing a 3/day ability? Otherwise, doubling assist bonuses for Earth Ponies would just get ridiculous (+16 to every roll you make, pal. Have at it!). Keep in mind too that we're going to use these abilities on a trial basis. If they turn out to be too good, we'll have to tone them down some.

@Everypony:
Things seem to be coming along pretty nicely so far. After MW and I agree on his abilities, I'll post up the quest setting and PM you guys about a last bit of intro business before we get started.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Masterweaver wrote:
Also, generally I interpret it as 1 minute equals two posts from the caster.

Huh. That seems reasonable. You guys want to go with that general ruling for now, as far as "real time" goes?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Can I go with the Dilettante thing that was settled on in the hooved races thread?

And, I'm fine with two posts per minute.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Works for me.

I was actually specifically avoiding the whole medical theme. She has medical and medicinal and herbal training because it's something that helps people but, not because she's focused on healing people as a profession. (I'm also surprised nobody has raised an alarm over focus in healing skill + Derp. Heehee.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Hmmm.

Okay, let's have ponies X Y and Z, whose parents hated them. If pony X and Y try to help Z, I flip a coin for ponies X and Y.
X and Y both have heads: Z gets +8 assist!
X has a head: Z gets +4 assist PLUS if Y rolls a 1 it reacts as though it were a twenty, a POTENTIAL extra +4.
X and Y both have tails: If, and ONLY if, X and Y roll a 1, Z gets +8. If only one rolls a 1, it's +4 for that guy and determine as usual for the other. If neither roll a 1, determine as usual.

So where does this... doubling of assist bonuses you're talking about even come in?
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Hmmm.

Okay, let's have ponies X Y and Z, whose parents hated them.

Ok! So it only works on ponies with miserable foalhoods! :p

On another note, I'd like to play a different character instead of Cheese Wheel. This was my original pony concept, and I've finally put him to paper.

Meet Coffee Mug

Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Avoiding double-post)
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:02 am

Well Rasmus, here's the first thing that popped into my head when you mentioned "helping hoof":
The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 3 Cm_whi10
I can fiddle around with it some more if you want, maybe change the colors or whatnot.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:07 am

That totally works, if you could make it fit Whisper's (c'mon guys, no name suggestions? I will stick with Whisper out of spite (who am I spiting here?) if nobody suggests anything decent you know.) color scheme I'd be really happy. Also, you are awesome. I love you. Have a cookie. (Oddly I actually have cookies for once while saying that.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 am

Well, Whisper's color scheme is basically white and gray. If I make one of the legs white, it's going to disappear. I guess I could try gray and darker gray...
*goes and checks picture again*
Actually, I take that back. It's more like white, gray, and darker gray, so that might actually work. I tried color matching it to the picture this time:

The P-Files (XandZero2's Game: Sign-up and OOC) - Page 3 Cm_whi11

Cookies! Yay! Strangely enough I too have cookies on hand, so I'm going to go reward myself with one now.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:23 am

Yay! On both counts. (That's a rather strange coincidence about the whole cookies thing.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 pm

and now I'm hungry for cookies.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Masterweaver wrote:Hmmm.

Okay, let's have ponies X Y and Z, whose parents hated them. If pony X and Y try to help Z, I flip a coin for ponies X and Y.
X and Y both have heads: Z gets +8 assist!
X has a head: Z gets +4 assist PLUS if Y rolls a 1 it reacts as though it were a twenty, a POTENTIAL extra +4.
X and Y both have tails: If, and ONLY if, X and Y roll a 1, Z gets +8. If only one rolls a 1, it's +4 for that guy and determine as usual for the other. If neither roll a 1, determine as usual.

So where does this... doubling of assist bonuses you're talking about even come in?

MW, this is about Love Triangle, right? (OMG - XYZ, reminds of my days in math class. Ugh.)

-But I read that the ability allows up to two assisting ponies to double their assist bonus, and an Earth Pony normally gives a +4 assist bonus. That would mean that if two of our party's four EPs gave another member an assist - by our powers combined - we'd have a whopping +16 to skill checks.

@Ramsus:
How about her name be Helping Hand? Or Gray Scale? Or Agent Scully? (;

There, ya happy now? Name ideas. Yeah.

@Everypony:
Cookies...

Mmmmmm...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Or go the ironic route and call her Shining Rainbow.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next