Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MLP:FiM Season Four: Discussion, Speculation, Interpretation, find it all here. [SPOILERS]

+21
Quietkal
Ramsus
Paper Shadow
Caden2112
Whiteeyes
LoganAura
SilentBelle
Zarhon
Jason Shadow
tygerburningbright
Sable Tails
Philadelphus
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
Xel Unknown
Masterweaver
Lyntermas
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
A1C Bronymous
AProcrastinatingWriter
25 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

MLP:FiM Season Four: Discussion, Speculation, Interpretation, find it all here. [SPOILERS] - Page 5 Empty Re: MLP:FiM Season Four: Discussion, Speculation, Interpretation, find it all here. [SPOILERS]

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Spry? No, spry would have been her dancing around the oncoming projectile.

This was just her having lived a long time - she's been in situations like this before; she knows exactly where to put her body to ensure things turn out okay. Wink
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

MLP:FiM Season Four: Discussion, Speculation, Interpretation, find it all here. [SPOILERS] - Page 5 Empty Re: MLP:FiM Season Four: Discussion, Speculation, Interpretation, find it all here. [SPOILERS]

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Ah, 'tis a fair point. Still awesome, though. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:45 am

Rainbow might take the top of my favourite of the mane 6 if we get to see her becoming a great mentor. That's the Rainbow Dash I want to see, where she goes from wanting to be the best, to wanting others to be the best Smile

I really liked this episode. One of the few things I wanted from this season was a Scootaloo episode, I'm glad they delivered Very Happy I just wish Sweetie ended up singing something awesome, but I'm sure she'll get a full-on solo song sometime (probably next season).
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:50 am

SilentBelle wrote: I just wish Sweetie ended up singing something awesome, but I'm sure she'll get a full-on solo song sometime (probably next season).

Whaddaya mean? "100 Buckets of Oats on the Wall" is a classic! LOL

Seriously, though, I really wouldn't mind the writers remembering that Sweetie can actually sing well.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:54 am

I prefer to think of it as "Sweetie can sing everything well EXCEPT THAT ONE SONG WHICH IS HER FAVORITE THAT SHE ALWAYS INSISTS ON SINGING GRAAAAAaRGHAAAGgagghHGHh"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:22 am

That works, I guess.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:08 pm

No Sweetie was singing that song just perfectly. It's not sung right if you don't do out of tune.

Personally I loved seeing that Luna did in the latest episode... We got some Luna being a supporting character! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:22 am

So apparently next week's episode got leaked.

If you go ahead and watch it...I can't say I approve, but I don't think it's outright morally wrong either, so go ahead I guess. But, until the episode airs officially, try and avoid posting any details about it here - even if you loved it so much you just HAVE to gush or, alternatively, hate it so much you just HAVE to criticize it. You'll just have to go somewhere else.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Alright, episode aired, and can be found on youtube already thanks to leak, so I'm assuming spoiler time is over.

Interesting episode! Lots of Rainbow Dash character growth. The Wonderbolts seem to be a full-military organization at this point. And Pinkie Pie is incredibly genre savvy.

Now have a new utility item concept.

Hyperphonic Megaphone - Utility Item

utility - You are treated as though you are under the effects of "Call Out" for anything you say, affecting all creatures within a mile, including creatures that cannot hear (via sonic vibrations). Once a day, you may shout VERY loudly into the megaphone, deafening all creatures without ear protection within a 100 yards for 10 minutes, as well as blowing away creatures and objects smaller/lighter than a pony directly in front of you, within 10 yards. The megaphone comes with a single pair of hyper-earplugs for its user to use or share with allies.

combat - Deal 1d10 damage to a single enemy and daze + weaken them for three rounds. All other creatures except yourself must win a coin toss, or become dazed (save ends).

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Wonderbolt Academy- Top Gun for Ponies

And yes, it was, except the message was opposite and the roles were reversed. In this one, Maverick isn't the hero, and his recklessness isn't charming and endearing. Also, I saw ponified Viper several times.

And since I like Top Gun, that's about all I got from this episode. I was expecting Dash to be out of the academy by the end of the episode, one way or another, though, and that didn't happen, so now we'll have to see how they bring her in to the next episodes. And if they had left the episode with teh Wonderbolts taking the side of the reckless douche, I don't think I would have handled that very well.

There wasn't much else to comment on, that I saw. Spitfire's Voice changed.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Spitfire's voice changing was about the only thing I could find wrong with that episode, so I really liked it! Very Happy

...also, Pinkie Pie, your incredibly obvious crush on Rainbow Dash even you don't probably know about is showing.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:46 pm

One other, thing: I lol'd pretty hard at the "Are you fucking serious right now?" face Flitter gave Fluttershy after catching her after she fell like the others.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Bronymous wrote:One other, thing: I lol'd pretty hard at the "Are you fucking serious right now?" face Flitter gave Fluttershy after catching her after she fell like the others.

Well we already saw that Shy can't fly when scared in Dragon Shy, so wing lock maybe?
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Oh yeah, probably, but it was still pretty good that she fell ALL teh way down, bounced and was caught before she remembered she had wings.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Yeah, she pretty clearly wing-locked. Also, gonna say this. Love how they avoided the 'ambition is evil' stuff a lot of shows pull, in favor of showing that the utter lack of empathy was the problem.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 pm

I loved this episode Very Happy I think Rainbow just took top spot on my Mane 6 list, sorry Twilight Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Bronymous wrote:

And since I like Top Gun, that's about all I got from this episode. I was expecting Dash to be out of the academy by the end of the episode, one way or another, though, and that didn't happen, so now we'll have to see how they bring her in to the next episodes. And if they had left the episode with teh Wonderbolts taking the side of the reckless douche, I don't think I would have handled that very well.

I think they mentioned that the training camp was only going to last a week. Bringing her back isn't going to be a problem.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 am

It isn't totally Top Gun... The rational people win in the end. Don't fly with a bad wing, though, Dash. It could get worse and hinder your long-term flying prospects.

Some people mentioned that the Wonderbolts seemed military-like.

I'm going to link this here:
MLP:FiM Season Four: Discussion, Speculation, Interpretation, find it all here. [SPOILERS] - Page 5 300px-Blueangelsformationpd

Notice the colour scheme? Blue, with yellow on the bottoms and a stripe in the middle... You know, the Wonderbolts' uniform? The Wonderbolts are the Blue Angels, a military pilot team that do stunt flying in peacetime as a showpiece and to get recruits for the navy through wonder at them bolting through the sky.

They're an explicit reference. Of course they're military.

I too loved the "C'mon, you serious?!" with Fluttershy. But it was from Cloudchaser, not her twin Flitter. Flitter has a more demure hairstyle.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 am

Oh. Whichever one of them it was.

Of course the Wonderbolts are military. The idea of an ace flying team screams military precision from the start. it was confirmed during the wedding, though, when we got to see Soarin in his Class Bs. Not sure why people are only picking up on this now, especially since this episode made them look increasingly less military, what with the attitude issues, the lack of discipline in their academy, and of course the picking up of random civilian flyers for training.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:49 am

I wouldn't pick it as "picking random flyers". I'd say its more like those hockey camps where you get to play for a week with the NHL stars, and go through their training for a week to "experience" it. For a short while IRL a private mercenary group actually offered the "training" experience, learning how to evade spies in cities and accomplish objectives with the risk of a beating if you screw up. Its surprising what some people will sign up for, but that's a sign even (para)military groups would do it.

The "invite" is a simple check to ensure the person is physically and mentally fit enough to do the camp, since it IS military. To experience the "real" life behind a Wonderbolt, while making some connections for the future. (And they limit entry, of course, to the most promising future wonderbolts since its still a recruitment tool and they can't babysit a million pegasi.) A fantasy camp for wonderbolts is my headcanon here, considering the whole thing was only a week long.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:29 pm

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:56 am

Tornado + Balloon. Was I the only one who was expecting more of a Wizard of Oz reference?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:05 am

Yes, but come to think of it, there could have been a "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" from Pinkie.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:29 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Yes, but come to think of it, there could have been a "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" from Pinkie.

Or at least an "I don't think we're in Ponyville anymore" once they landed.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Welp, Apple Family Reunion aired, so time to talk about it a bit. Spoiler'd for now, since youtube episodes aren't up yet.

SPOILERS BELOW
Mah' thoughts on this here apple-tastic episode:

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next