Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
Yawnmon
8 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 23 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:40 am

"Good to know the danger is just as real as I was hoping..." Gleeda snarks. "Oh... Which of these doors would be the better choice?"
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 am

"I pretty much chose this one at random. I'm sure they both have their charms."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 am

Whisper just makes a sort of not happy face at the two of them.

Also ready to move on.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:08 am

"Oh, maybe one more thing." Coffee telekinetically pulls some cans* from his saddlebags**. His horn then glows.***

*OOC:They read "Red Minotaur Energy Drink"

**OOC:I'm assuming he can do spontaneous conjuration since this is a dream. If I need to roll, let me know.

***Going to enchant these cans to provide wings and thus flight to anyone who drinks.
OOC:Arcane "Red Minotaur gives you wings"
Roll(1d20)+17:
4,+17
Total:21
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 am

Spoiler:

As the green glow from Coffee Mug's horn finally dies down again, the cans of Red Minotaur shine with a faint emerald aura. He senses that the spell... might have worked...? At least, he hopes it did... (You'll have to drink to find out...)

In response to Gleeda's question about which door is the best door, the spirit calling herself Zulee simply shrugs, "That depends child. Would you prefer to rock or to roll? You may choose either soul..."

While Zulee speaks, you all gather about the left door and get a good look at it. You realize that the door isn't made of the same black glass that adorns the rest of the chamber. Instead, it appears to be forged of scorched metal - iron perhaps - with a single word, ROLL etched across the top in glowing red runes. You reach out to grasp the doorknob - but before you can reach it, the knob instead turns of its own accord, and as you watch on, the door swings forward - and a cacophony of musical chaos blasts into the room, drowning out the rest of what Zulee has to say with a discordance of guitar rifts, drum solos, record scratching, keyboard playing, and singing, screaming, yelling voices (though you get the distinct feeling that they're all supposed to be singing). As you're assaulted by the physical waves of sonic force, you struggle simply to stand your ground - your manes, tales, fur and feathers getting swept back as if you were in a wind tunnel.

Spoiler:

As you fight to hold your hoofing (as opposed to footing), beyond the portal you can just make out the flashing lights, swinging strobes, and dancing crowds of what appears to be one buckin' heck of a party - if it's even one party at all! From what you can tell, it actually appears to be multiple parties, all going on at once, stages scattered throughout the area and floating through starry nebulae of constantly shifting space.

Last edited by XandZero2 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:56 am

OOC:Endurance Check
Roll(1d20)+11:
4,+11
Total:15
Wow? 4 again?

"AHHHHHH!!!"

Coffee is knocked off his hooves, by the suddenness of the noise. Coming to, "WOW. IT SURE IS NOISY"

He opens his can of Red Minotaur and quaffs the drink, and waits for any effect. "ANYPONY ELSE WANT ONE?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:11 am

Whisper also gets thrown back. In reply to Coffee Mug she "shouts" something but, it's impossible to hear her over the noise.

Endurance: 5 + 6 = 11 yeeeeah.

Yeeeah, I'll leave it up to you Cardbo if CM thinks she wants a can or not.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:19 am

Ramsus wrote:Whisper also gets thrown back. In reply to Coffee Mug she "shouts" something but, it's impossible to hear her over the noise.

Endurance: 5 + 6 = 11 yeeeeah.

Yeeeah, I'll leave it up to you Cardbo if CM thinks she wants a can or not.

"WHAT?!" Coffee floats a Red Minotaur can to Whisper. He shakes head up and down as if to ask if she wants one.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:21 am

Whisper "shouts" back another inaudible reply, shrugs, and takes the can then drinks the contents.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:23 am

Chitin manages to stand her ground against the wall of sound. Reaching out with her Ponykinesis, she grabs the handle and slams the door shut. "Lets not do that again until we're ready shall we? Maybe you can conjure up some earplugs Mr. Mug?"

endurance roll:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 am

"How about some ear muffins?" Coffee takes a pair from his saddlebags and places them on his head. Then he takes out a few more.

Spoiler:

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Endurance check:

Gleeda was surprised by the attack of music, lights, and other party noises... But Overall it didn't really seemingly affect her much. On the outside that is.

And when the Ear Muffins come out... the Griffon just linefaces at Coffee.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Endurance check:

Gleeda was surprised by the attack of music, lights, and other party noises... But Overall it didn't really seemingly affect her much. On the outside that is.

And when the Ear Muffins come out... the Griffon just linefaces at Coffee.

"Don't look at me like that. We're going to be in a dream. The bizarre should be perfectly normal. If it bothers you that much, you might be try conjuring something up yourself. Just think of what you want and pull it out from your saddlebags."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 am

As Coffee continues taking out more ear muffins and Whisper shakily rises to her hooves, Buck shakes himself like a dog, trying to resettle his feathers. "Buck," he mutters to himself, yanking his talons out of the black-glass floor, having dug in deep to hold on during the surprise sonic assault. He turns to Zulee and points at the door, "WHAT THE BUCK WAS THAT?!"

"We already been through this child," the spirit replies impatiently, tapping a spectral black hoof on the floor, but making no sound - the hoof appearing to actually go through the floor instead of tap against it. "That was the dreamscape of the one called Rock. Listen next time before you trot off with your flock."

"Rock?" Buck pauses for a moment, "Rock...?"

"Yah, like the rocks in your head child."

Buck grimaces at the spirits slight, but then mutters thoughtfully to himself, "...Rock huh?"

-And then his eyes light up. Turning to the rest of you, he grunts - "Buck! I remember that guy! Can't believe I didn't buckin' realize it sooner."

Pausing a moment, the big griffon shakes his head incredulously, "Rock? That's one of the buckin' guards' names! He was always a buckin' big-time music buff and fancolt. Makes sense his dreams would be a buckin' musical nightmare..."

Meanwhile, as Buck hits on his realization, Coffee and Whisper both start to feel something... strange...

There's a bubbling sensation in the pit of your stomaches - both of your bellies beginning to glow green from the inside out, and as you look down at your radioactive-looking guts, your realize simultaneously that the magic of the Red Minotaur Energy Drinks is finally starting to buck in...

Coffee drops his ear muffins as both of you begin to rise up off the ground, light spiraling all around you as your bodies begin to prickle all over. Your fur stands on end and your eyes glow green simultaneously as you feel the bubbling in both your stomachs rise - higher, and higher, and higher - and then...

-You both let out the longest and loudest belches anypony's ever heard, the sounds echoing through the chamber and rising up to the rafters.

Then you both fall back on your flanks.

All the lights die away.

The bubbling in your stomachs subsides.

Everything falls silent.

The two of you look yourselves over, but you don't notice anything different about yourselves... at first...

And then you realize - you're sitting on something...

As the two of you rise to your hooves, you finally see them - a tiny set of feathery wings sprouting from your buttocks.

As you give your new wings a few test-flaps, you realize they don't seem all too powerful - but if you focus really reeeeally hard and beat your wings really reeeeally fast, you can actually rise off the ground - butt first - leaving the rest of your body hanging like a great big sack of dead weight, your faces actually left dragging along the floor.

Rest assured - you both look very majestic...

Spoiler:

XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:46 am

Whisper gives Coffee Mug an accusatory look.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:04 am

Coffee gives his best pony shrug. "Honestly not what I was expecting." He thinks for a moment and pulls out from his saddle bag what looks like a couple of books. The covers read. "Reduce Your Butt And Transform Yourself - Fast"

OOC:Not to concerned about the tiny wings, but I do want to move them off Coffee's butt and up to withers. Enchanting the books to do that.
Roll(1d20)+17:
1,+17
Total:18
EDIT: Use my Magic Point to invoke my Element of Magic and 'This Is Whining'. This turns my CM Failure into a CutieMark Critical Success. Booyah!
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Once drawn from his saddle bag, Coffee's two books actually split open and take to the air, flapping their pages like wings as each one flutters over to a different behind. Green energy fields shoot out from each book, shower Whisper and Coffee's feathery butts in light, and cause your new wings to zip forward across your bodies, sliding up your flanks and screeching to a halt at your withers (with accompanying sound-effects). Your wings are still pretty tiny and it's going to be hard to fly with them wherever they're located... but at least now you have a center of balance, along with some... flying... books...

-And speaking of those books, after completing their task, they both swoop back around to Coffee and begin making a circuit above his head.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Whisper laughs and says, "Well, that's certainly better." and flaps her wings in their new position a couple times.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:08 pm

Coffee give his wings a few tentative flaps to try them out. "Well, I guess I'm about done with that. Anypony have anything else before we enter?"

OOC:So we can actually fly with these? Our maybe just slow our falls? I'm curious as to how that'd work from my a mechanical perspective.

OOC:Almost forgot, Arcane scan on the current state of the books hovering over his head.
Roll(1d20)+17:
3,+17
Total:20

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Coffee sends a telepathic message to the flying books. 'Hi Books. I'm Coffee Mug. Do you guys have names?'
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:11 pm

The books swoop down to Coffee, each perching on a different one of the Unicorn's shoulders by the bottom edge of their bindings. They shake their spines in a way that seems strangely similar to the shaking of a head - and you take this to mean no; they apparently do not have names...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:30 pm

'How about Libram and Codex? Theta and Zeta? Alice and Bob? Hugin and Munin? Well maybe not those last ones. I might have to lose an eye over that'

Turning back to the rest of the party. "Sorry, don't mind me, lets continue. If everypony is ready, we can go in."

OOC:Incidentally, I really like the names Libram and Codex.

EDIT:
OOC:If anyone wants to suggest names for them, feel free.

Last edited by Cardbo on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Chitin turns towards Buck. "Since you seem to know these two, anything you can tell us about them? Might give us an idea what to expect walking around inside their minds."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 pm

The books on Coffee's shoulders start flapping their pages with obvious excitement at the first set of names - Libram and Codex. They do seem to like those.

And as far as Buck's concerned - the big griffon shrugs, "Big Mike has so many buckin' employees, it's hard to keep track of 'em all. Rock and Roll? I didn't really know either of 'em all that well..." Buck looks down at the floor, a bit embarrassed, scratching the back of his head and grumbling under his breath, "I guess that's partly why I didn't recognize 'em at first..." He glances back up with his one good eye, "But everypony knew about Rock's buckin' obsession with music. He'd go buck-wild whenever anypony big came to town - DJ PON-3, David Bowwow, the Black and White Stripes... Think he played an instrument too," Buck added, scratching his beak thoughtfully, "Gotta admit though - I never heard him strike a single buckin' chord...

"As for the other one? Roll?" Buck gave a deep, rumbling laugh, "If I remember right, when that guy first came lookin' for a buckin' job in security, I wanted to turn him down right then and there based solely on principle. Let me see here..." Buck looked down and started counting his talons, "He had asthma, serious self-esteem issues, nearly fainted during the job interview, and he was a light-weight to boot. How he got it in his little pony head to be a security guard, I'll never know - but Major Badass said the colt had potential, and turns out he was right. The Major took him under his wing, and from what I hear put him through some grueling training regimen. When he was done with him, Roll was a lean, mean, security-guarding machine."

Buck paused a moment, then shrugged again, "That's really all I buckin' know about the two of 'em - at least, all that would seem buckin' relevant anyways. I always heard Roll had a crush on somepony too, but I can't remember who it was..."
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:34 pm

'Libram and Codex it is!'

"I guess if everypony is ready..." and privately to the books 'You guys may want to hop in my saddlebags for the next few minutes, its about to get noisy'. "Brace yourselves" Coffee goes to the door and pull it open. Instead of making the same mistake last time, he chooses to stand behind the door, and not in front of it.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next