Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The P-Files

+4
Ramsus
Cardbo
XandZero2
Yawnmon
8 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

The P-Files - Page 24 Empty Re: The P-Files

Post  Dr Blight Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Chitin stretches slightly before shifting into a new form, that of a black furred pegasus pony with a deep rose-colored mane and tail and, since it's just a dream anyway, a unicorn horn. She uses her wings like an extra pair of hands to clamp her ears down against the noise and sidesteps away from the door.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:19 pm

"It's alright Buck... Nobody can know everybody." Gleeda comments as she turns her bow into a charm again... Hoping to not need her bow so quickly while inside of the other's mind and besides, it might get taken if she doesn't hide it.

utility talent:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:31 pm

As Coffee had prepared to open the door, Codex and Libram turned their spines towards each other, nodded, then jumped back into Coffee's saddlebags. Buck looked to Gleeda and nodded himself before sinking his talons back into the floor again and steadying his stance - then as Coffee pulled back the door and moved to the side, another blast of noise pollution roared through the chamber.

Having moved to the side, both Coffee and Chitin avoid the brunt of the sonic assault, and having thought to cover her ears with her wings, Chitin barely even hears it.

-On the other hoof, Whisper, Gleeda, and Buck all get the full force of the musical barrage, the might of the dischordant noise threatening to pick them up like a hurricane and hurl them back against the opposite wall yet again.

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Endurance: 5 + 14 = 19. >_<
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm

The Griffon was no fan of music, but she wouldn't allow herself to be overcome by loud music yet again... Trying to deal with it this time better than she did before.

Endurance check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Chitin sighs, bracing herself as she walked into the blast of sound and grabbed hold of Whisper. Lending a helping hoof and her own weight to help keep Whisper in place.

rolls:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Whisper gives Chitin a smile and says, "Thanks.". Likely Chitin couldn't hear it but, could probably tell what she was saying anyhow.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Ramsus wrote:Endurance: 5 + 14 = 19. >_<

Coffee grabs holds of Whisper with his PK and attempts to steady her.

OOC:Assist to Whisper's roll. Holding on to her with PK. Arcane
Roll(1d20)+17:
14,+17
Total:31
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:36 pm

As Gleeda, Buck, and Whisper were assaulted by the waves of guitar rifts, record scratches, and drum solos - the griffons both held their ground, and though Whisper'd tried her hardest, flapping her little wings with all her might, even with the counter-momentum from her new appendages - it hadn't been enough.

Just as she'd started to lose her hoofing however - Chitin had been there to catch her. The two had continued to hold on against the buffeting waves of sound, and as the green aura of Coffee's PK materialized around them, they began to feel even more stable.

After a moment, Buck glanced around at everypony, seemingly to make sure they were all still there - then, gritting his teeth and closing his one good eye to a slit, he turned back into the inexplicable storm of noise pollution roaring out from the open doorway. He lowered his head, dug in, and slowly started to advance forward one step at a time, fighting the music all the way. His claws left lesions in the glass flooring as he pulled himself along, and as you watched, you could imagine the nails on a chalkboard screeching his claws must have made as Buck dragged himself along (even though the music drowned out the screeching, along with everything else). The distance he'd begun from the door hadn't been more than a few hoofs, but when big griffon finally made it up to the doorway, it was obviously with quite a bit of effort on his part.

Reaching up with his forelegs he grasped one side of the doorframe, then the other, then pulling himself up on his hindquarters, he spread his wings, covering the entire doorway with his bulk and cutting off the roaring musical nightmare from within. As the sonic winds died down, the big griffon glanced back at the rest of you, nodding towards the doorway.

Spoiler:

Trotting up behind Buck, you take turns slipping around his wings and pulling yourselves past the threshold of ROCK's Door - then rolling out of the way of the portal, you make room as the rest of the party comes through. As the last of your group slips past the threshold, the rest of you pull Buck out of the doorway and into the room - the door slamming shut behind you. Whether it's shut for good or just for the moment, you're uncertain - but any thoughts of possible escape routes are soon set aside (at least temporarily) as you gaze upon the spectacle set before you. Recalling the glimpse of flashing lights, swinging strobes, and dancing crowds - the first impression you got of Rock's dreams through the black-metal doorway seemed to have been spot-on.

Concerts continue going on all around you and all at once, the stages, dance floors, and mosh pits scattered throughout starry nebulae of constantly shifting space. You realize that you yourselves are actually floating in space and that the music is no longer buffeting you with the same force it had before. Still the musical cacophony is deafening, and unless you want to use Coffee's aforementioned ear-muffins, you're going to need to find some way to deafen the noise - as well as communicate. You're also going to have to figure out where to go next, considering that this dreamscape looks massive and you have a feeling you could get easily lost within it. You could try to go to one of the concert... bubbles... (for lack of better word). The gravity here seems null and void, so you could feasibly fly or swim towards one. You count 7 concert bubbles that you can see. You could also fly to a star if you wanted - though on second thought, that might not be such a hot idea... (Hah! I made a pun!)

As you contemplate what to do next however, Libram and Codex flit out of Coffee's saddlebags and retake their positions on either of Coffee's shoulders. Both seem pretty relaxed considering the circumstances...
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Whisper poked Coffee Mug in the ear-muffin pointedly and indicated her own ears and winced.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm

'Use telepathy' Coffee broadcasts to everypony as he gives Whisper a pair of ear-muffins
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 pm

"Okay!" Whisper mentally replied excitedly and flew off with an unheard "Whee!" as she tested out her wings in an environment where she could actually fly.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:45 pm

'Does anypony else want ear muffins? If not...'

-Soon-

'Woo Hoo!' Coffee soars around doing a few Immelmane loops, some barrel rolls, and a number of other tricks Coffee doesn't know the name of.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:14 am

Gleeda acts like Coffee's question wasn't even asked, she didn't want to give that crazy Ear-Muffin idea any sort of merit. And she gets to looking around for any clues for any other foreign entities that are behind the whole issue of Rock and Roll not waking up...

Perception check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:27 pm

While Gleeda takes a look around and Whisper goes for a joy ride with her miniwings, Libram and Codex both glow green and materialize matching sets of ear-muffins over the tops of their covers. Buck hesitates for a moment, glancing nervously at Gleeda, before also helping himself to a pair of ear-muffins and slipping them on. (I imagine Gleeda might look at him disapprovingly when he does this, and if so, he just blushes and shrugs.)

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:37 pm

After testing out his new wings for a bit, Coffee looks around his environment and see if he can glean anything from it.

Noticing Gleeda looking around, Coffee asks 'See anything?'

OOC:Perception check. Or is too late to assist Gleeda's? If not, assist. If yes, then just regular perception check.
Roll(1d20)+5:
14,+5
Total:19

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Whisper starts singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to herself as she decides to go examine some stars.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 am

While taking in the view, Coffee sends a message to Libram and Codex. 'Would it be possible for one of you to record whats going on? And the other to record the structure and composition of any magic effects I use? How about you Libram record whats going on, and Codex records my magic?'

OOC:I'm going to be using one as spellbook and one as a journal.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Chitin just growled softly to herself as she looked around, still holding her ears down. She hated places like this, they were always too loud and crowded for her liking.

perception:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Gleeda tries to fly off to the mysterous dark concert bubble... Finding out she can't get any closer... Figuring it's the all the noise, the Griffon just tries to remove her sense of hearing by using dream logic.

dream logic check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:33 pm

'I don't know about the rest of you, but I get the feeling that we're being watched. We should probably stick together.' Coffee broadcasts to everypony.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 am

We're being buckin' watched? Buck thought, glancing all around, By who?

-Meanwhile, as Whisper explores the stars, the first thing she notices is that they're all nice, warm, and really bright. Good thing she still has Big Mike's sunglasses (I assume you're still wearing them - correct me if I'm wrong), but she's also tempted to try a Coffee Mug and summon some tanning supplies out of hammerspace too - like a fold-out lawn chair and one of those shiny reflector thingies.

You've never heard of a pony getting a tan in space before... so that means you could be the first one!

Keeping this in mind as you draw up even closer to the stars, you realize two more things. One - that the stars are actually a lot bigger when glimpsed close up; and two - they're all the colors of the rainbow!

You're not sure how you missed that last part before now - you could've sworn they all looked yellow from a distance - but seeing them close up, you can tell with certainty that they're all kinds of colors. You can see bright shades of green, red, blue, yellow, orange, and at least two shades of purple. They're all so bright, they seem to be projecting spectral beams of light that even span across the darkness of space! There are also these darker shades of white and gray stars that aren't projecting any colors at all, but they're kind of ugly and you don't spend much time on them, considering the prettier stars instead for the time being.

-As for Gleeda, while she tries to tap into the logic of dream logic to remove her sense of hearing, she finds that the music's too loud to concentrate - and what is the logic of a dream anyway?

In response to Coffee Mug's question about recording things, Libram and Codex nod their spines in the affirmative. Taking to the air (space air), Libram then begins to glow green, and as he flaps his pages down to the unicorn, Coffee watches as text begins to appear on the animate book's empty pages -

With his friends by his side, our intrepid hero ventured through the portal marked ROCK, only to find himself floating in the black depths of space and surrounded on all sides by an unrelenting assault of musical mayhem that drowned out every word or thought. Thinking quickly, our hero dawned his trusty set of ear-muffins as his friends did the same, slipping on their own - but with one crisis diverted, what new challenges await our intrepid hero? Is he being watched? Is he being hunted? Shall he succeed in his mission? Shall he fail? Why doesn't he need air in space? Shall he ever find true love? Happiness? Coffee? Cookies? Cake? A sandwich? Find out all this and more next time on - Nightmare in Dreamland, the Second Coming...

Last edited by XandZero2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:32 am

"Ooooooh shiny!" Whisper mentally projects to the others as she continues toward the stars, in mild hope of putting some in a jar or something.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:36 am

"I hate to think it... But you were right about those Ear Muffin insanity things..." Gleeda tries to think to Coffee... "I think my whole brain in the real world is going to melt if I don't put on a pair at this point... From the loud..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:11 am

XandZero2 wrote:We're being buckin' watched? Buck thought, glancing all around, By who?

'Thats what'd I'd like to know. I think I felt the same thing on train a day ago. After we talked to you, I went out to do some stargazing. What I saw unnerved me, as it seemed like the stars were watching me back. Now we're in space again, well dreamspace, I'm getting the same feeling. Not sure if its the same being watching me. Hope I'm not being paranoid. If I start going over the edge, feel free to clonk me over the head.'

Xel Unknown wrote:"I hate to think it... But you were right about those Ear Muffin insanity things..." Gleeda tries to think to Coffee... "I think my whole brain in the real world is going to melt if I don't put on a pair at this point... From the loud..."

Coffee hands a pair of Ear Muffins to Gleeda.

OOC:Horrible perception check go!
1st Concert bubble
Roll(1d20)+5:
1,+5
Total:6
Whomp! Whomp!

2nd Concert Bubble
Roll(1d20)+5:
18,+5
Total:23

3rd Concert Bubble
Roll(1d20)+5:
13,+5
Total:18

4th Concert Bubble
Roll(1d20)+5:
4,+5
Total:9

5th Concert Bubble
Roll(1d20)+5:
15,+5
Total:20

6th Concert Bubble
Roll(1d20)+5:
19,+5
Total:24

7th Concert Bubble
Roll(1d20)+5:
12,+5
Total:17

The nearest Star
Roll(1d20)+5:
18,+5
Total:23

Side note. Can the results of Coffee's perception checks be included in his journal?

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum