Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Your Campaign Ideas!

+26
Dream Axis
TheCavalry
Elacular
mjh6
Crystalite
AlicornPriest
ZamuelNow
SparkImpulse
Paper Shadow
Z2
Appkes
Fury of the Tempest
SilentBelle
LoganAura
Xel Unknown
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
Zarhon
Doc pseudopolis
Hayatecooper
RavenscroftRaven
Whiteeyes
Caden2112
Ramsus
A1C Bronymous
Grey Pen The Flawed
30 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Post Your Campaign Ideas! - Page 6 Empty Re: Post Your Campaign Ideas!

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 pm

can't help but mention that I feel like such a game would be rather popular...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:38 pm

So, I already am having trouble updating my circus campaign in a timely fashion. Obviously the answer is to start a second one, right?

I've been thinking about an adventure campaign, one with a musical theme. Each player controls a musician, en route to the crystal empire for a festival celebrating Shining Armor and Cadence's anniversary, and become involved in a plot featuring the crystal heart. It would be more plot driven than the SoL campaign I'm running right now.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Speaking of starting up a new campaign when one is already running, I had a dream last night... wherein the players of a campaign were seeking a mystical object of immense but unknown power. In my mind I kinda shaped it so that the setting was a ruined land, filled with old fortresses and relics of the past, and tainted by a curse that affected its people... and the treasure is the key to lifting the curse and bringing prosperity to the land once more. Basically, it'd be a lot like Dark Souls II...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Treasure hunting for the Greater good! Wooo!(although I don't know what Dark Souls II is)

I love the other idea too. The first Pony Tales character I ever made was a singer...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Yet another idea I'd much rather play in than DM.

You wake up in a vat of viscous green fluid. After fighting your way out, you find a map hung on the wall, next to a picture of a kitten in a noose. You're apparently in the New Ordinance Equestrian Scientific, Cognitive, And Practical Endeavors company's building number twelve. However, that's all you can get, as the map and the building itself are agonizingly labyrinthine. You may or may not remember how you got here. You may or may not know why the building is so eerily quiet. But you definitely know that you can't stay here. You need to get out.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 am

Ah yes, the Noes-capé, I hear they're doing excellent work with doors and openings.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:36 pm

So, I've been thinking it might be cool to do a game, though I'm not really sure how to run one yet. As it is, I thought I'd share some ideas in case they might be of use to anyone here, or maybe see if it gets a vote of confidence out of anyone for something they'd want to play. The plain text is the open information the players would go in with, stuff in spoilers would be, well... spoilers. Stuff to ideally be discovered as the plot progresses.

Moonbound

The player characters fall asleep one night in their usual beds. They could be anypony in Equestria, living their ordinary lives, until something happens. In their dreams, the players encounter a vision of a dark-haired unicorn calling herself Meteor Shower, saying she is a student of Princess Luna. She begs for the PC's help, saying that the fate of Equestria is hanging in the balance.

When the PCs awaken, they discover that they are no longer in their beds. In fact, they are no longer in Equestria. Looking up to the sky, the PCs see a field of stars, with the sun off to one side, and another body in heavens. Not the moon though—it is some sort of planet, and those who are least decently versed in geography recognize the shapes of landmasses of Equestria and beyond. This place seems like it would be the moon, but it does not seem barren. In fact, there are forests, rivers, even towns that are populated by ponies.

When the PCs manage to gather in the first town, they are eventually noticed and brought together by Meteor Shower. Meteor explains that Princess Luna is is deep trouble, and that in order to rescue her and prevent a terrible fate from befalling Equestria, they must gather 6 sacred artifacts (themed after celestial objects) that have been taken by horrible creatures that are ravaging the land.

Spoiler:

Legends of the Seeker's Spear

In the wake of the Changeling Invasion during the marriage of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor, there was some understandable concern raised about whether the changelings would appear again, and whether or not they could be dealt with. This led to the formation of the Changeling Infiltration Negation Group, or CING (“singe”), within Canterlot. Besides keeping an active eye out for changelings, they also sought to research deep into how to counter the changeling threat. This eventually led to the discovery of an ancient and obscure myth, The Legend of the Seeker's Spear. Found on an ancient, broken, fractured slab, the legible portions of the slab speak of an artifact called the Seeker's Spear. Forged by an alicorn, this spear was used to bind and seal changelings that had threatened an ancient kingdom.

Realizing the potentially value of this artifact, CING followed whatever clues they could to find the spear, which eventually took them deep, frozen reaches of the south. There, they found an ancient fortress, which within contained a room that held a tall pole about 5 meters high and half a meter in diameter, the top adorned with what looked like a spearhead. CING at long last thought they had found their spear. Research on the spear commenced as a base was a established within the the frozen fortress. Eventually though, CING's researchers discovered that the “spear” they found was not a weapon. In fact, they weren't even sure it was the true Seeker's Spear. The “spear”, and platform it was upon, and special crystals that can be inset into it, are components of an immensely powerful teleportation magic. It was eventually decided that there should be an investigation into where this magic would send somepony, but there was no way of telling what would be on the other side.

This is where the player characters come in. CING has decided to send a small group of ponies to wherever the “spear” goes. Their job will be to scout out the area, evaluate the situation, and if they can, report back. Because of the nature of the mission, and the chance that the ponies may not make it back, CING has tried to pick out self-sufficient and resourceful ponies to handle the job. Those who have sharp eyes are necessary of course, as well as those who know how to fight out of a dangerous situation will be necessary. So will healers, as well as ponies that can potentially keep a food source going.

With luck, maybe you will find the true Seeker's Spear and make it back to Equestria alive.

Spoiler:

Reflection Revolution

Across Equestria, a strange shape has been seen inhabiting reflections in Equestria. Those who get close sometimes see the shape of a draconequus. While assumed to be Discord, he denies that he did it, claimed it would be boring to just go wandering around some mirrors and hope he would be noticed. Things come to a head though, when the PCs at some point in their day, look a reflection of themselves and see that mystery draconequus staring back at them. It jumps, reaching out to take hold of the poor PC and pull into the mirror, to a familiar, but twisted land. The Holy Solar Empire of Equestria. A strange world, where the events of history and the dispositions of those in charge are an opposite mockery of what they are in the true Equestria. The draconequus however, makes a deal with the PCs. Help him to take over this world, and he will return them home.

Spoiler:
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Interesting concepts! I'd be up for any / all of those.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Seconded!

For the record, though, I'm most interested in Nightbound and Reflections. The Spear sounds interesting, it's just that I'm personally more interested in those two.
(Any suggestion that I'm interested because I love evil parallel universes is completely and absolutely true.)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Sweet, it's cool to know there's some interest in those ideas. Nightbound certainly doesn't sound like a bad alternative to Moonbound for a title either. I'm going to see if I can't sketch out a fuller campaign beyond the basic premise and get one up. I'm a little busy with trying to do Nano and a few other tasks but it seems like it could be cool to have a game a running.

And bah, alternate universes can be cool. Seems fun too. At the very least, I've had some joy in watching in mirror universe episodes (plus that one game) of Star Trek.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:16 pm

So... Two ideas I have. I kind of want to play in them rather than run them, so maybe posting this here will get some attention.

First- more of a plot hook or a starting book for someone to develop. Remember the mirror pool episode, when Spike found a book on how to fix the problem, hidden behind a secret panel, unlocked by pressing a horseshoe?
That book. What was the deal with that? Who left it there? Why was it hidden by so many security precautions? What other spells might it have had, and who else might have wanted it?

The second is Equestrian Ghostbusters.
Okay, more properly... Equestrian paranormal investigators. Some kind of campaign built around players encountering, investigating (and most likely battling) various super natural threats to the world. Vampire ponies, the Headless Horse, the Shadow Pony, body possession, ghosts in general, Slendernane...
I figure it could be a fun game, and run the gamut for tones, from goofy comedy, serious drama, to plain old horror.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:57 pm

TheCavalry wrote:First- more of a plot hook or a starting book for someone to develop. Remember the mirror pool episode, when Spike found a book on how to fix the problem, hidden behind a secret panel, unlocked by pressing a horseshoe?
That book. What was the deal with that? Who left it there? Why was it hidden by so many security precautions? What other spells might it have had, and who else might have wanted it?

It's been a while since I've seen the mirror pool episode, but it sounds like you're talking about the magic book he found that he gave to Rarity that made her go green-eyed insane?

TheCavalry wrote:The second is Equestrian Ghostbusters.
Okay, more properly... Equestrian paranormal investigators. Some kind of campaign built around players encountering, investigating (and most likely battling) various super natural threats to the world. Vampire ponies, the Headless Horse, the Shadow Pony, body possession, ghosts in general, Slendernane...
I figure it could be a fun game, and run the gamut for tones, from goofy comedy, serious drama, to plain old horror.

Dead game, by all means revive it:
https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t836-who-you-gonna-call-ooc-and-info
https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t847-who-you-gonna-call
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 pm

TheCavalry wrote:So... Two ideas I have. I kind of want to play in them rather than run them, so maybe posting this here will get some attention.

First- more of a plot hook or a starting book for someone to develop. Remember the mirror pool episode, when Spike found a book on how to fix the problem, hidden behind a secret panel, unlocked by pressing a horseshoe?

The second is Equestrian Ghostbusters.

I have plans that could line up with either of those fairly well. I will have a new thread up soon.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:05 pm

So, I'm not sure here is the place to advertise for it, but I'm running a Pathfinder game featuring ponies, using the non-FiM setting of Everglow, as described in the Ponyfinder fan supplement. Does anyone here play Pathfinder who would be interested in joining said game?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Right, so, I just thought I'd throw this stupid idea out there. It's a campaign -- well, it probably would only have enough substance for a oneshot session, but whatever. The idea is that the players take on the role of fanfiction character who live in a sort of limbo where characters of unfinished or down-voted stories go, awaiting the day of someday, maybe, going on to the paradise of high-rated stories where they live in luxury/legend/etc. The drive of the story comes from an over-powered, edgy, red & black alicorn OC who tries to find a way to break the system and escape the limbo -- the players can either work with him, or try to stop him from wrecking things in hopes that they might actually improve one of these days.

There, I said it.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:38 pm

So, at this point I'm just throwing out other ideas for people to pick up since I know I can't run them, but a little while back I stumbled upon an art blog called Miss Pie's Monsters. It features an alternate setting where the land is divided between the Equestrian Ponies we all know and love... and the Everfree Ponies, a collection of ponies which include a wide number of types of "monstrous" ponies, such as vmpire bat ponies, windigos, crystal golems, and quite a few more!

The potential for conflict and adventure is significant. The Equestrian and Everfree ponies don't trust each other... but a few brave ponies are trying to bridge the gap. Will friendship, mistrust, or enmity prevail? Or will the players get to avoid all that and explore the perils and wonders of the Everfree?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Wow. It's sad that the last post before this in this thread was by me, and with a similar setting as what I know have in mind. And also at the end of March.

Anyway, this time I've been letting such influences as the pony fantasy setting of the card game Buck: Legacy influence me, and it's now turned into a pony fantasy world of some greyness. The hearts of ponies are good, but evil infests the land ever since the progenitor gods of good and evil clashed, and evil triumphed. While horrible monsters roam the land and foul cultists whisper dark prayers, the ponies endure - and heroes rise to keep alive the hope of victory over evil.

...I'll probably be more detailed later, I'm tired and want to post something.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:07 am

So, I'm still tired and I still want to post something, but here goes. So, at BronyCon I picked up a game called Buck: Legacy. It's a pony high fantasy with Teslapunk and references to everything from Dark Souls to Gurren Lagann, where pony adventurers explore places, fight monsters, and grab loot. And I love it. With it as partial inspiration, and some random sources from elsewhere, I decided to come up with my own pony fantasy setting. The results are as follows:

RPG: Reckless Pony Game:

So, in a time of low activity for the forum, perhaps what is needed is some simple fantasy adventuring?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:21 am

Basic premise: Short one-off slice of life game where the staff of a train have all fallen ill or are otherwised unable to go about their duties, so the players have to step up and manage the train ride, make sure it passes its inspection, and make sure an important object onboard reaches its destination on time...

The catch: All of the player characters are undead (or some other kind of monster), and they have to achieve all that while not revealing their true identities...

Yay or nay?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:28 am

Paper Shadow wrote:Basic premise: Short one-off slice of life game where the staff of a train have all fallen ill or are otherwised unable to go about their duties, so the players have to step up and manage the train ride, make sure it passes its inspection, and make sure an important object onboard reaches its destination on time...

The catch: All of the player characters are undead (or some other kind of monster), and they have to achieve all that while not revealing their true identities...

Yay or nay?
woah YAY holy crap
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6