Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

+6
Z2
Doc pseudopolis
Cardbo
Xel Unknown
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
10 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open) - Page 37 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Lyntermas wrote:I can't really spare a Magic Point, since I kind of need it for the "rescue living history" plan to work.
Talking about that... What's keeping us form trying out that plan IC?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open) - Page 37 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures OOC (one slot open)

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:04 pm

I'd spend a magic point for 62, but I don't believe I can, since I'm not actually anywhere near him to do so, or even know about the check being made.

EDIT: Actually, if you can temporarily cast/copy the "Telepathy" utility via "It's Witchcraft", we might be able to provide you a MP then, or have Shallow provide "The Stare" to the persuasion roll (in character, it would be by telepathically telling him what to say). It would be another check to make, though.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 pm

I just figured a magic point is an entirely ooc game mechanic, though?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Don't think so, since MPs are technically "the power of friendship". Plus, if they were an OOC mechanic they wouldn't be needed for various utilities, or be needed for the Elements of Harmony powers.

"Torque: Darn, I can't make my machinery any more today, because I unknowingly helped 62 with his negotiations via the power of friendship, which, though scientifically unproven, is magic."

@ Cur: I think Tyger meant for you to be inside the box I just checked. Gonna wait for his call on the matter before replying.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Zarhon wrote:@ Cur: I think Tyger meant for you to be inside the box I just checked. Gonna wait for his call on the matter before replying.

You're possibly right! I don't know anything about that though. Safest to wait, and then if that's so I can delete my post, do a new one, and no harm done.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Konorad wrote:"By the way, has it not occurred to anypony else that our own Devil Fruits all got left unattended on a boat?"

How does Konorad assume we were on the boat? He was in the tomb since before the funeral, and the storm / boat "fun" happened after that, at least a mile away from the tomb (at best, he'd know we planned on doing a funeral before he went diving beneath).

((Also: Can my Amphibious Travel enchantment get around devil-fruitiness?))

Nope - Tyger stated this twice already. Hence why all the DF's are outside. Smile

Although, considering the effects and description of the spell/enchantment, wouldn't its effects essentially be applying a variant of the One Piece "coating" to a vehicle, minus the automatic sinking?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Konorad wrote:"By the way, has it not occurred to anypony else that our own Devil Fruits all got left unattended on a boat?"

How does Konorad assume we were on the boat? He was in the tomb since before the funeral, and the storm / boat "fun" happened after that, at least a mile away from the tomb (at best, he'd know we planned on doing a funeral before he went diving beneath).

((Derp. Editing.))

((Also: Can my Amphibious Travel enchantment get around devil-fruitiness?))

Nope - Tyger stated this twice already. Hence why all the DF's are outside. Smile

((I was absent when he would have said that...))
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:42 pm

Well, if Grey Pen's not for it, then I'm willing to move on. I don't know exactly how "not trusting 62" factors into it, but given the risks between Browncoat's possible surprise appearance, any possible health problems with RenKin, and, you know, the abomination of science and physics, I'm wasn't really going to try pulling this off unless I got a unanimous vote. Besides, there was Tyger's response to the plan:

tygerburningbright wrote:In theory you can but in practice it might be just a tad dangerous...

This statement implies two things:

1. It wasn't what Tyger "expected" us to do.
2. It has the distinct sound of a DM asking "Are you sure you want to do that?". And that rarely ends well.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:55 pm

From knowing Tyger as a GM... Doing what he didn't expect is the best thing ever and only a good sign that this is the right course of action. jocolor

And yes there is risk in this course of action... But I say that risk is totally worth it. I'd also rate our odds of being able to handle whatever craziness happens to be really high. I mean we've not yet cut any mountains in half. Nor have we weassled any RP gained utility bonusi out of him either in this campaign. Stuff that has been pulled off in the Skype Campaign Tyger is running...

Also when are we going to return to free RenKin if we don't do it right now?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:22 am

Zarhon wrote:Don't think so, since MPs are technically "the power of friendship". Plus, if they were an OOC mechanic they wouldn't be needed for various utilities, or be needed for the Elements of Harmony powers.

"Torque: Darn, I can't make my machinery any more today, because I unknowingly helped 62 with his negotiations via the power of friendship, which, though scientifically unproven, is magic."

@ Cur: I think Tyger meant for you to be inside the box I just checked. Gonna wait for his call on the matter before replying.

I did mean that.

Will wait for ruleing on the MPs for writer's stuff.

Although, considering the effects and description of the spell/enchantment, wouldn't its effects essentially be applying a variant of the One Piece "coating" to a vehicle, minus the automatic sinking?
Magic stuff vs bubble of some sort of sealer.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Shallow sees ALL the things! Very Happy

Also, I think we just got ourselves some Seastone cuffs.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:15 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 pm

I have plans.

Big plans. Twisted Evil
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:48 pm

not one of the things that you want to do even need a roll either being under a talent or being very simple... I am going to allow you to use that 20 the next time you need to make a roll in athletics.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Kay. Editing the athletics check and adding extra dialogue / my plan to the previous post then.

And I suppose I should say now what I'm actually planning to do:
Opreation humiliation conga:
Curunir, you want to get involved/add to the plan somehow, or should I continue on myself? I can do it solo, technically, but while you're here already, I imagine you can "help out" in some way... Wink
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 pm

A crate large enough to hold an adult griffon (or pony) counts as medium sized.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Makes sense. Then I'll go with the forcefield plan. 16 + 5 Arcana = 21 strength of forcefield.

Do I need to see the forcefield to sustain it? Or can just happily thinking of the trapped griffon every so often be enough "concentration" to maintain it? Very Happy
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:07 pm

due to how minor it is the latter would work
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Let us all hold a minute of silence, for the griffon bounty hunter's dignity and reputation. pirat
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Okay, it's been a minute! You can shout now!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:22 pm

If this were a typical Pony Tales game, there would probably be a friendship letter coming from this - Do what you do best, Lynt. Razz

Speaking of friendship, what's the groups harmony, after the funeral-arranging, tomb-robbing, ship-not-sinking, PC-acquiring and free-festival-entertainment-provisioning activities? Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:28 pm

When the island ends you all will be at level 2.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Hmmm...

GM. I would like to try my new Aberrant Heart flaw (applied to Flight School.) In-character, Konorad will be going through an extremely painful changeling process called "shape-shedding", which will allow him to grow new wings. This is natural, but involuntary on his part (thus the IC motivation.)

So yeah, I intend to some heavy RP for it. But, it's polite to ask on that one. But see, there was some mild concerns (mostly mine) about additional racial traits for changelings; this is an ideal opportunity to put those concerns to rest.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:01 pm

I am willing to try it for now.

It has been several hours from the last time anyone ate anything.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:57 pm

My stomach rumbles on my way to the barracks and I swing by and get a bite to eat, then.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next