Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 29 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:50 am

Endurance:

( OOC: Crap, I just realized, I forgot to actually apply my +4 bonus I got from Haunted and Instant Party to the previous perception roll. Would that change anything, considering the trap? Also, am I standing on dirt right now? )
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Endurance:

You stand your ground and the wooden cudgel breaks against your hard head. You are a bit dizzy but are still standing.

(Right now you are standing on grass over dirt)

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:29 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"Now is there any reason for this vist?"

"Sir,"
Sixty-Two replied, sitting down. He looked around exaggeratedly, shifty-eyed and all, really selling that he wanted to make sure nopony was listening in. Not that he actually cared. "I believe I have some very pertinent information to tell you about the pirates who attacked Starlight City. Regarding their abilities, their looks, their ship, and their current whereabouts." He smiled a small smile. "Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:08 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:

"Sir,"
Sixty-Two replied, sitting down. He looked around exaggeratedly, shifty-eyed and all, really selling that he wanted to make sure nopony was listening in. Not that he actually cared. "I believe I have some very pertinent information to tell you about the pirates who attacked Starlight City. Regarding their abilities, their looks, their ship, and their current whereabouts." He smiled a small smile. "Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak."

"I'm listening." The Pegasus takes out a pad of paper and a pen from his desk.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:14 pm

"Mah' first bounty hunter! Very Happy Guess I be truly a pirate now! Clever trick wit' da' dice, but yah' plan fall apart at da' crucial bit.", he says staggering slightly.

"Now, I imagine yah' be new at dis', considerin' yah' poor implements, so allow me ta' teach yah' a lesson on underhooved tactics.", he says, as he sinks into the ground, out of sight and reach of his attacker.

Athletics:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:59 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:

"Sir,"

"I'm listening." The Pegasus takes out a pad of paper and a pen from his desk.

Sixty-Two clears his throat and begins describing how the "nefarious" pirates he'd met today looked and their capabilities and their ship, without yet describing how he came to have this knowledge nor the plans his friends have for the future. He tells matters quite truthfully, what he does mention at least. "They are currently anchored offshore, though they don't seem too attached to their current ship. In fact, I have heard them discuss that they plan on stealing one of our ships." The colt leans forward slightly at this, eager look coming across his place. "Sir, if I may suggest a course of action, I believe we should set up an ambush. I have befriended this strange assortment of persons, and they have no idea of my true allegiances. If I were to provide a theoretical opening for them, and you were to place a large section of marines there, it would be much more effective to catch them by surprise there than at a ship they know and are fortified within, no?"

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Mah' first bounty hunter! Very Happy Guess I be truly a pirate now! Clever trick wit' da' dice, but yah' plan fall apart at da' crucial bit.", he says staggering slightly.

"Now, I imagine yah' be new at dis', considerin' yah' poor implements, so allow me ta' teach yah' a lesson on underhooved tactics.", he says, as he sinks into the ground, out of sight and reach of his attacker.

Athletics:
You manage to hit the griffon squarely in the jaw with a spinning uppercut and send him flying into a nearby stack of crates. He does not get up. From within the crates you can hear some very muffled shouting.

OOC going to wait on a Magic point for Writer's post. This may be the last post I am going to make until sunday.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

"Rule numbah' one: Don't pick a brawl wit' someone better at low blows den' you, hehahahahah!"

Shallow sniffed the air to check if there are any more bounty hunters skulking around. Satisfied, he dusted off his hooves, dragged the knocked out griffon to the side, and immobilized him with some dirt. He then checked the would-be bounty hunter's belongings.

"Well, mah' most 'generous' sir, since I won our little wager, I believe I'll be collecting mah' earnings." Very Happy

After that, he knocks a few times on the crate.

"Knock knock! I don't suppose yah' need a hoof in dere'?", he says, as he opens the crate, ready for whoever might be inside.

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Spoiler:

Tortoise shell was watching the fireworks, which were less exciting than he would have thought. He started to look around to see if there was anything more interesting to do: it was a festival after all, it shouldn't be that hard. But he ended up staring into space, facing a darker area nearby, giving his eyes a rest from the fireworks as he thought about how skydiving through the fireworks would be quite fun- if he could manage it. Maybe with a large cannon?

Suddenly there was a bright flash from the previously dark corner he had absent-mindedly been staring at. He made a large grin. "That's more like it." Some kids were probably playing around with some pyrotechnics. Now he could experience some 'works up close without having to find a way to fly. He trotted up towards the dark corner, taking a moment to adjust his eyes to the darkness again after the bright flash.

By the time he got there, he saw a griffin knocked out cold by a pile of crates, and a zebra looking around. He shook his head.

"Rats... looks I've missed the show."

He started to notice a few more things- the zebra looked as though he had been hit pretty hard on the head, the griffin looked like he had taken a bit of a beating too and was buried partway in the ground, and were those voices coming from some of the crates? He narrowed his eyes.

"Now look here... it's none of my business, and I probably don't want to know what's going on here... buuut... What the hay is going on here?"

Rolls:

Last edited by Curunir on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That didn't happen. You didn't see anything. :D)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Lyntermas wrote:1) Konorad, you would try finding a way through the traps that even old RenKin could walk through.
2) I would work on finding a safe way to rescucitate him while Boomer kept an eye on the blob to make sure it doesn't go haywire once the machine is turned off.
3) We would carefully lead him back to the start of the passage.
4) Konorad, you'd swim back through the portal (careful, there a wire that might reset the traps if you're not careful) and make sure we have a clean shot for the surface.
5) I'd use my trance state to create a one-pony submarine, small enough to fit through the portal. RenKin would get in, then head through the portal and to the surface.
6) We'd bring the Jolly Boat up to the surface, then bring RenKin to shore.

Now, there are certain risk factors involved in all of this. The machine might not resuscitate RenKin properly, the blob might go haywire, the doctor at the island may not necessarily have the means to treat Goodpasture's right away, and...I saw Browncoat staring at this island earlier. He was on our side before, but if our plans somehow interfered with his, I feel he would have no hesitation in "dealing" with us.

This is by no means "our only option". RenKin's current situation, while somewhat unfortunate, is safe and stable at this time. We may pass this way again someday, with better skills at our disposal to help extract him. While I would like to see RenKin back amongst the "living" as soon as possible, I'd like to make sure you both are absolutely on board with my plan first, or presented your own ideas, before we followed through on it."

"I say we leave it be," I said, standing by the door. "For one, we don't know for sure if we can cure him. If nothing else, we should go find out first, and come back after that. Two, I know one of you was just grazed and the other actually enjoyed it," I paused, glaring at Boomer momentarily. "But I'm still a bit 'shocked' at what we've found down here, if you catch my drift. Moreover, I don't understand what exactly that blob is doing, but I don't trust it. If it got unstable, it could quite readily kill all four of us, that I'm sure of. Then there's that brown coated whats-his-name; I don't trust him a lot more than that blob. Not to mention 62; I don't know why, but I just don't feel comfortable around him, and that's saying something coming from a changeling. So yeah, I really just think that over all we have more pressing issues right now."

((OOC: I, personally, would kinda like to get the plot moving along. But like Konorad, I dunno.))

Last edited by Grey Pen The Flawed on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:38 pm

"WE don't got any idea... If we'll be having any time to return here. From my understanding it's now or never to free him back into the world of the living." Boomer comments. "Saving a living piece of history like this... Might just be worth all the risks we've been making right now..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 am

Zarhon wrote:"Rule numbah' one: Don't pick a brawl wit' someone better at low blows den' you, hehahahahah!"
Shallow sniffed the air to check if there are any more bounty hunters skulking around. Satisfied, he dusted off his hooves, dragged the knocked out griffon to the side, and immobilized him with some dirt. He then checked the would-be bounty hunter's belongings.
"Well, mah' most 'generous' sir, since I won our little wager, I believe I'll be collecting mah' earnings." Very Happy
After that, he knocks a few times on the crate.
"Knock knock! I don't suppose yah' need a hoof in dere'?", he says, as he opens the crate, ready for whoever might be inside.
Perception:
While searching the griffon you manage to find a pouch of 100 bits concealed in a rather disturbing manner.
When investigating the scents of the area you notice a rag on the griffon that when smelled makes you feel light headed and you can tell that there is a pony in the crate.
You can not tell if there are dangerous ponies around.
Inside the crate there a brown coated green haired pony bound in chains and gagged. You notice that one link of the chains is made of a different material than the rest.
OOC Cur you can either edit your post or delete it and make a new one.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Torque paused as he listened to both sides of the argument, then sighed. "I had hoped that the decision would be unanimous, but Konorad raises a few good points. I'm somewhat satisfied about getting this far in and of itself, but getting RenKin out alive...that would be a glorious feat, notoriety or no. So, Konorad, could you please clarify something for me?

Do you think:
a) that this isn't the best idea to pull off RIGHT NOW, and that we need to lick our wounds, find a doctor who can treat RenKin, and check up on our other crewmates before we give this a fresh start later, or
b) that this isn't the best idea to pull off PERIOD, that we lack the skills to do this job in regards to RenKin's safety and dealing with the physics-defying blob, and that we should leave RenKin here where he'll be safe, if nothing else?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Tortoise Shell was awoken very rudely as he was jostled suddenly and violently. "MMRRMPHMRR!" he tried to shout at the offender, head swimming and wishing to return to sleep. But as he regained consciousness he realized several things- he was gagged, bound, and packed in some sort of box. In no condition to be able to try to escape- whoever did this to him had done a good job ensuring he would remain captive.

A box that had just been moved about... meaning someone was outside. "'Mmmrgh! Mrr Mrrarrr!!" he shouted, hoping to be rescued- although it could just as easily be whoever did this to him. He tried to remember, head still aching... there was a griffin he thought.

Somepony knocked on the box, and he hears the lid coming off. It was dark outside, but less dark than the box was- he could make out an equine shape.

"'Mrk mu mrmmm mrmm mrm" Shell continued trying to talk, and was gesturing as best he could at his gag and his chains, as they rattled from the attempted movements.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 pm

DM wrote:While searching the griffon you manage to find a pouch of 100 bits concealed in a rather disturbing manner.
"Eugh, dat's no place ta' secret yah' valuables.", Shallow says with a cringe. He then carefully stores the rag (which is likely soaked with some knockout drug) into a jar, so that he doesn't sniff it by accident later.
An unfortunate pony wrote:"'Mrk mu mrmmm mrmm mrm"
"Well, yah' appear ta' be in a pickle. Lemme guess - a certain beaked individual decided ta' make a profit off yah?", he says to the chained pony, removing the gag so he can speak. "Don't suppose yah' seen were' da' key ta' dese' chains be?"

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Zarhon wrote:
"Eugh, dat's no place ta' secret yah' valuables.", Shallow says with a cringe. He then carefully stores the rag (which is likely soaked with some knockout drug) into a jar, so that he doesn't sniff it by accident later.
"Well, yah' appear ta' be in a pickle. Lemme guess - a certain beaked individual decided ta' make a profit off yah?", he says to the chained pony, removing the gag so he can speak. "Don't suppose yah' seen were' da' key ta' dese' chains be?"
Perception:
You can tell that the chains are rather well made but there are weak points where the different link is welded to the normal links. After touching the different link and feeling your strength momentary fade away you realize that it is made out of sea stone a nearly unbreakable material that saps the power of devil fruit users. You find a small key that should fit into the keyhole of the padlock under the unconscious griffon.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Before the green pony can speak, Shallow quickly searches the griffon.

"Hold on, let me check - Irie, found it!", he exclaims, holding the key in hoof. "Now let's see about dese bonds... Hohoh, dis be seastone! Unless dere' be a grave misunderstandin' goin' on, yah' must be quite da' pricey catch for our slack-beaked "friend" over dere'! Now den' greenie, ease up, wile' I open dese'..."

Shallow unlocks the padlock with the key, and sheds the chains from the green pony. He takes what he can of the seastone chains for himself, carefully storing them in his pouch, out of contact with his skin.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:43 pm

"Personally I've got a bad feeling that no matter what we choose, this is a now or never choice for us. I can't help but feel we'll NOT be able to return and free RenKin later if we don't do so now." Boomer comments. "And I swear, if we don't end up returning and helping heal this great man... I'll be so ever upset... And it's best to never make a mad bomber mare upset..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Sixty-Two clears his throat and begins describing how the "nefarious" pirates he'd met today looked and their capabilities and their ship, without yet describing how he came to have this knowledge nor the plans his friends have for the future. He tells matters quite truthfully, what he does mention at least. "They are currently anchored offshore, though they don't seem too attached to their current ship. In fact, I have heard them discuss that they plan on stealing one of our ships." The colt leans forward slightly at this, eager look coming across his place. "Sir, if I may suggest a course of action, I believe we should set up an ambush. I have befriended this strange assortment of persons, and they have no idea of my true allegiances. If I were to provide a theoretical opening for them, and you were to place a large section of marines there, it would be much more effective to catch them by surprise there than at a ship they know and are fortified within, no?"

Spoiler:

The older pony finishes copying down what you said and then responds. "Your plan might have worked if these were run of the mill pirates but they are extremely strange in their mannerisms. Almost anything that is expected of pirates they do the opposite so we have no way to know how they would react to your actions. I admit they might fall for it but it is highly unlikely."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Sixty-Two sighs, and doesn't have to fake it. The next part, of course, he does. "Alright, sir, I suppose you're correct. I can lead a regiment of marines to their current location in the morning if you like, though of course I cannot guarantee that they will not have moved their ship in the intervening time - it is possible they have done so already, no?...unless you can think of a better plan, sir, in which instance I will defer to your judgement."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:34 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two sighs, and doesn't have to fake it. The next part, of course, he does. "Alright, sir, I suppose you're correct. I can lead a regiment of marines to their current location in the morning if you like, though of course I cannot guarantee that they will not have moved their ship in the intervening time - it is possible they have done so already, no?...unless you can think of a better plan, sir, in which instance I will defer to your judgement."

“As it stands this base lacks the power to go onto the offensive therefore we must make a delay. Captain Grizelda of Logue Town or perhaps Kukris the head of the Gurkhas mountain base are the best equipped to deal with this group. The sole issue with this plan is that we can not dictate where they go... unless you use your new found friendship to infiltrate them and sear them into a trap they can not escape.”
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Tortoise Shell took in a big breath after the awful rag was removed from his mouth, about to answer his rescuer that he was still trying to recall what happened to him, let alone where the keys might be, but in no time the zebra disappeared and came back with the key, opening the lock and freeing him from his chains. He tried to stand up, tipping the cramped box over and falling down again, steadying himself once out of the constrains of the crate. He saw the griffon sprawled out cold nearby, buried partway in the earth.

"Thanky kindly... yah, that griff sure got me, don' know how, I don' make a habit of goin down easily. Can' remember all tha well, mus'a hit me on the head. Sure that did'n work, think 'e used some sort a smelly alkemmy. Looks like 'e didn' get the best of ya eh? I'd reward ya for helpin', although I'm 'fraid I'm a bi' short on cash. Hrm. Well, if that griff was after ya too, I think you'r the sorta pony I'd like to work wit', I'd say I'm a useful pony, and would be quite happy ta help ya out till I repay my debt to ya, and maybe after too. "

He held out a hoof to shake.

"Ah, almost f'rgot to mention... name's Tortoise Shell, by the way."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:41 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
“As it stands this base lacks the power to go onto the offensive therefore we must make a delay. Captain Grizelda of Logue Town or perhaps Kukris the head of the Gurkhas mountain base are the best equipped to deal with this group. The sole issue with this plan is that we can not dictate where they go... unless you use your new found friendship to infiltrate them and sear them into a trap they can not escape.”[/quote]

Sixty-Two smiles winningly. "Excellent, sir. I will get on that right..." he yawns, none-too-subtly, "...in the morning. Excuse me! Requesting permission to stay the night here, sir - some ruffians have unfortunately aimed themselves wrongly at my house, an I am pressed for bedding at the moment."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:44 pm

"You may use the barracks here but it is on your head if the pirates disappear while you sleep." The Marine then indicates that you are to leave.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Curunir wrote:"Thanky kindly... yah, that griff sure got me, don' know how, I don' make a habit of goin down easily. Can' remember all tha well, mus'a hit me on the head. Sure that did'n work, think 'e used some sort a smelly alkemmy. Looks like 'e didn' get the best of ya eh? I'd reward ya for helpin', although I'm 'fraid I'm a bi' short on cash. Hrm. Well, if that griff was after ya too, I think you'r the sorta pony I'd like to work wit', I'd say I'm a useful pony, and would be quite happy ta help ya out till I repay my debt to ya, and maybe after too. "

He held out a hoof to shake.

"Ah, almost f'rgot to mention... name's Tortoise Shell, by the way."
Shallow accepts the green hoof. "Da' names Shallow Vibe! Debt work, eh? Well, since yah' so insist, I guess me and mah' bruddah's can find someting' for yah' ta' do, heheh, and yah' indeed look like somepon' I could work wit'!" Very Happy

(OOC: Before we leave the alley or do anything with the griffon, Cur, please wait till I get a reply from Tyger to a PM I sent him. There will be PLENTY of amusement if he lets me proceed with my scheme. Very Happy Edit: Plan checked and approved! )

Last edited by Zarhon on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next