Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 31 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright Sat May 04, 2013 3:14 pm

While you all are speaking Browncoat drifts over. By the time he arives he has shifted fully into the griffon form and is speaking in a far more... plesent voice. "Well did it work is he still...?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun May 05, 2013 7:47 am

"...Yes, after a fashion," I replied, immediately on the alert. This guy still really rubbed me the wrong way. "What else would he be, hmm?" I looked him in the eye. What was this weird pony up to?

Insight:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun May 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:"...Yes, after a fashion," I replied, immediately on the alert. This guy still really rubbed me the wrong way. "What else would he be, hmm?" I looked him in the eye. What was this weird pony up to?

Insight:
Earlier it was found out that is Browncoat was a Revolutionary shapeshifter and already knew the location of the tomb.
You can tell that there is some concern but now mostly relief. You can't quite tell why a griffon form was used but judging by the outfit this is the form that was used 300 years ago the same time that RenKin was alive. Also you realize that pronouns are going to be harder as this form is female but Browncoat was male.

OOC You can't use Eagle Eye for a few parts of that...
Griffons used to eat ponies commonly but it is rare now except on some very isolated islands.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun May 05, 2013 4:57 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:While you all are speaking Browncoat drifts over. By the time he arives he has shifted fully into the griffon form and is speaking in a far more... pleasant voice. "Well did it work is he still...?"

"..."Did" is a rather interesting verb tense to use. I would think that if I was trying to learn if a machine was still operational, I would ask "does it work?". "Did" somehow implies that you somehow had knowledge of an endeavor beforehand, which meant either you read a paper or something that was proposing it, or if you were somehow alive more than 300 years...ago..."

Torque felt there was...something not quite right with "Browncoat's" uniform. He tried to think about if he recognized the style, and if RenKin may have had any family or friends who's descendant would be interested in his..."remains."

History:

Torque gave a sigh. If "Browncoat" knew about this, there was no point in keeping a secret. He turned to Shallow and Tortoise Shell to explain. "When we reached the end of the traps and puzzles, we found not a tomb, but a laboratory filled with bottles and beakers and notes. Upon further investigation, we found that RenKin suffered from a disease called Goodpasture's, where the body is attacked by its own immune system. There is treatment for it now, but there wasn't any 300 years ago. Looking into the notes, we found that RenKin had decided to construct a machine to cyrogenically freeze himself. After some searching, we managed to find it.

The machine was a success. Spectacularly so, really. The systems showed that his body has only aged about 3 seconds from when the machine has been switched on, keeping his body at absolute zero temperature. Yes, RenKin is in fact still alive after all this time. We were planning on next steps, but then Konorad pointed out that we had taken a few hits and have had nothing to eat, and quite frankly RenKin wasn't going anywhere. So we came out to discuss our plan for tomorrow with you.

What we propose is that tomorrow, we go back into the tomb and try waking RenKin up and bringing him back here. After we get some food, we were planning on looking for a doctor who would be able to give treatment for RenKin's disease tonight. We've disabled enough of the traps so that RenKin should be able to get through, even in his weakened state, and I have a plan that will get him through the water.

The primary concern for this plan is the cyrogenic machine's power supply. It is a blob that is able to take magical and thermal energy from the surroundings and convert it to radiant energy at a 1:1 ratio. According to the laws of thermodynamics, there is NO way it should be able to do that. The blob is probably quite dangerous: it is stable and contained at the moment, but it has been able to power RenKin's machine for 300 years straight and even RenKin referred to it as "an abomination"."

"I'm willing to hear your thoughts, Shallow...and any information you would be willing to provide, Browncoat,"
Torque said, glancing over at the griffon. "Or is there a different name you prefer for your...current form?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun May 05, 2013 6:35 pm

"Hah! So... Yah' want ta' raise da' dead, eh? Sounds like a pretty hexxin', if noble plan. Particularly dislikin' da' sound of avin' ta' disturb yah' 'abomination': a wise pon' would not name is so wit'out reason. But in da' end, mah' opinion? It *does* sound like da' rite' ting' ta' do."

"Wat' I be curious about, 'owever, is wah' our friend Brown decided not ta' go see im'self, or send somepon ta' see, wat' state Ren'Kin be in, if da' cure was known for some time now."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Lyntermas wrote:
"..."Did" is a rather interesting verb tense to use. I would think that if I was trying to learn if a machine was still operational, I would ask "does it work?". "Did" somehow implies that you somehow had knowledge of an endeavor beforehand, which meant either you read a paper or something that was proposing it, or if you were somehow alive more than 300 years...ago..."
" Yes, Yes heard of the plan straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. "

Torque felt there was...something not quite right with "Browncoat's" uniform. He tried to think about if he recognized the style, and if RenKin may have had any family or friends who's descendant would be interested in his..."remains."
History:
The style of the uniform is similar to the style used by several military groups separate from the marines some 300 years ago. Modern scholars believe that RenKin might have had a lover but he is not known to have any decedents.

Torque gave a sigh. If "Browncoat" knew about this, there was no point in keeping a secret. He turned to Shallow and Tortoise Shell to explain. "When we reached the end of the traps and puzzles, we found not a tomb, but a laboratory filled with bottles and beakers and notes. Upon further investigation, we found that RenKin suffered from a disease called Goodpasture's, where the body is attacked by its own immune system. There is treatment for it now, but there wasn't any 300 years ago. Looking into the notes, we found that RenKin had decided to construct a machine to cyrogenically freeze himself. After some searching, we managed to find it.

The machine was a success. Spectacularly so, really. The systems showed that his body has only aged about 3 seconds from when the machine has been switched on, keeping his body at absolute zero temperature. Yes, RenKin is in fact still alive after all this time. We were planning on next steps, but then Konorad pointed out that we had taken a few hits and have had nothing to eat, and quite frankly RenKin wasn't going anywhere. So we came out to discuss our plan for tomorrow with you.

What we propose is that tomorrow, we go back into the tomb and try waking RenKin up and bringing him back here. After we get some food, we were planning on looking for a doctor who would be able to give treatment for RenKin's disease tonight. We've disabled enough of the traps so that RenKin should be able to get through, even in his weakened state, and I have a plan that will get him through the water.

The primary concern for this plan is the cyrogenic machine's power supply. It is a blob that is able to take magical and thermal energy from the surroundings and convert it to radiant energy at a 1:1 ratio. According to the laws of thermodynamics, there is NO way it should be able to do that. The blob is probably quite dangerous: it is stable and contained at the moment, but it has been able to power RenKin's machine for 300 years straight and even RenKin referred to it as "an abomination"."

"I'm willing to hear your thoughts, Shallow...and any information you would be willing to provide, Browncoat,"
Torque said, glancing over at the griffon. "Or is there a different name you prefer for your...current form?"

" As much as I would like to see your plan bear fruit there are still two fatal errors. First and foremost treatment shall prove to be problematical due to his of usage of his devil fruit power to distill the elixir of life this altered his genetic structure so finding a transplant will be nigh on impossible. Secondly the only viable method of containing that abomination is stored with in marine headquarters. I attempted to retrieve it during the Golden Eagle's raid some years ago but was unsuccessful. The last time I wore this face I went by Versailles. "

Zarhon wrote:
"Wat' I be curious about, 'owever, is wah' our friend Brown decided not ta' go see im'self, or send somepon ta' see, wat' state Ren'Kin be in, if da' cure was known for some time now."

" It is impossible of me to enter certain areas this tomb included."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Tortoise Shell ducked down as the bomb was thrown at him, not sure if he was about to be abducted again, or if it was time to mess with the new guy. The bomb exploded harmlessly in sparkles, making the latter more likely.

"Aww, ya coulda made that a little more excitin'. Nice ta meet y'all too. Like Shallow said, 'e rescued me from the same bounty hunter tha' tried ta nab him. Decent friend you all got there, Shallow, seemed' ta like me afore I could even open my mouth. Earned him a number o' bits hoof-wrestl'ng with a donkey to start ta pay 'im back." the messy green-maned, muddy-brown unicorn replied to Torque and Konorad.

Picture for Grey Pen to go along with description:

He looked at Browncoat, uneasy with both the fact that he looked like a griffon and that his appearance seemed to shift.

"And who's this strange fellow, don' think we were introduced.."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 pm

I snorted a little at the newbie's obvious discomfort with Browncoat/Versaille's shape shifting. He was gonna hate me, probably, who changes shapes about as often as drunks change bars.

Everything I was observing was odd, though. His reaction says he clearly cared about RenKin's well being... but why? Was he maybe a friend? On one hoof, not likely, given RenKin was "frozen" three centuries ago. Then again, the changeling queen is supposedly a couple of millennia older than most; so maybe he was that old. But why can't he enter the tomb? Theory one: Is he a Devil Fruit User? That throws off the old changeling theory. And also leaving his apparent age unexplained. Maybe he was both? In that case, what had we not seen him do? Theory two: Is the tomb possibly enchanted against him especially, as well as intruders in general? That seemed more likely; but, that meant RenKin did not trust him especially - sound advice for dealing with shapeshifters of his apparent class. Which meant he probably meant to either steal something from RenKin, or kill him; why? RenKin was a Devil Fruit User; usually, when one died, the nearest fruit became the new Devil Fruit. Was Versailles after RenKin's Devil Fruit powers? This supported his relief; if he died before the intended time, who new where the Devil Fruit would end up?

I pulled my Boomstick out... and leveled it at the griffon.

"Remind me...Versailles, isn't it?" I said, pulling the hammer back with a loud click. "What your interest in RenKin is. I don't seem to recall you telling us that."

Intimidation:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Torque looked over at Konorad as he pointed the gun at the griffon. "...Konorad, put the "Boomstick" away. If he...she...if Browncoat was willing to face Stone Duster one-on-one, I somewhat doubt that your display is going to faze him. As for Versailles' interest...some scholars believe that RenKin had a lover, although he fathered no children. If I had to guess, RenKin had managed to create the fabled elixir of life (quite an impressive feat, I imagine), but it would not be able to save him from his condition. Possibly the elixir can only mitigate the effects of aging and not that of disease, but that is simply speculation. RenKin gave some of it to Versailles, who stands before us today, living in the sun while her lover can only slumber in an icy coffin."

Torque turned to Tortoise Shell. "Tortoise, this...person is one of the leaders of the Revolutionaries. She...bah, I'm going to assume that female was the "original gender"...she has the ability to change her appearance like a changeling, although she is not a changeling herself. Given that she is apparently unable to enter the tomb herself, I would guess that she is a Devil Fruit user. When we first met, she had the appearance of a brown stallion called Professor Browncoat of Applied Mathematics. An assassin from a secret division of Cipher Pol had been sent to kill him at the university. The assassin, a minotaur named Stone Duster, had decided to kill students and staff in order to draw Browncoat out. Our little band managed to stop her, and Browncoat had set up a sort of spell around the campus that revived all those killed within it. We...well, we considered him somewhat of an "ally for today, but not necessarily when we meet again"."

Torque contemplated the problems that Versailles had brought up. "Hmm, what exactly does RenKin need a transplant of? Blood? A new set of lungs (considering he was apparently coughing up blood onto his notes)? My friend Boomer here might be willing to try giving him cyborg replacements, but...I don't know exactly how viable or effective that would be. If you have some of his genetic material...well, I could try going into a trance state and seeing if I can make a machine that will produce what we need, but my focus is more on mechanics, not biology. You could try sending some genetic material to my father, Thalamus Szarnowski. He'd enjoy a challenge, particularly if it meant helping to restore a great mind like RenKin's."

"The blob, however, doesn't have any easy answers. My original thought was simply to turn the machine off, leave the blob where it was, and then blast the tomb entrance on this side to keep anyone from getting at it. However, there are a number of problems with this. The main one is that even though we'd be turning the machine, I don't think we can turn the blob "off" as well. That means it would be shooting out large amounts of electricity with nowhere to go. We might be able to use the lightning crystals to absorb some of it, but there's a good chance that it could still blast the tomb down on top of us. And that's just what could go wrong if the blob behaves how I expect; there's no telling what it could actually do."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun May 05, 2013 11:51 pm

"I will not lower my Boomstick," I snapped at Torque, "Until I get some better answers. Now, it doesn't surprise me that she can shape shift; I think we understand why," I glared at him in a warning to not bring it up again. I did NOT want this guy knowing I was also a shape shifter. "Nor does it bother me that she's lived this long. Some changelings are rumored to be far older, and we've already established she is. What bothers me is that MAYBE she knew him, and MAYBE she was his special some pony... but is she? If she can shape shift, how do we know she's not some random changeling after, saaaay, I dunno. The blob? RenKin's Devil Fruit? His research? Any number of other things in there? Here's another question: if she was willing to take on Stone Duster, how come she didn't? Why let us do it? And don't say 'because we got there first', if she can revive all those dead students without a second thought I think she can pull off a teleport spell easy peasy. Now. All this relies on her NOT being a Devil Fruit user; soooo, if you can prove she is, that'll put me at ease... for now. Buuut, her shape shifting alone isn't gonna hack it. I propose..." I paused for dramatic effect. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

"I propose a little swimming lesson," I stated, a grin playing on my face. "If she can prove to me, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that she CAN NOT SWIM, I'll buy it. Again, for now; I have good reason to not trust shape shifters. If she floats... well."
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon May 06, 2013 6:07 am

Shallow snorts with amusement at Konorad's request.

"So wat' yah' be sayin', Kon, is yah' want somepon ta' toss' da' pretty lady into da' lake? Correct me if I be wrong on mah' knowledge of manners, but dat' be a tad rude, even by yah' standards. Also, I don't suppose yah' be volunteerin' for da' unceremonious toss in question?" Very Happy

History:

Last edited by Zarhon on Mon May 06, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm

((OOC: Nonono, I'M Grey! You're talking about Konorad. Wink ))

((Also, anyone seen Tyger? It seems odd that Browncoat/Versailles is being so quiet as we openly discuss murdering her in cold blood...))

I thought carefully about what Shallow was saying. "Yes, I am in fact proposing we toss her into a lake. Though, whether she's a lady or even female is debatable. If she is in fact drowning, I assure you I will be the first to dive in after her and pull her back up. But if she doesn't, then RenKin is just going to have to understand. Unless, of course, you have a better sure-fire way to tell if she's a Devil Fruit, which I don't."
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon May 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:I snorted a little at the newbie's obvious discomfort with Browncoat/Versaille's shape shifting. He was gonna hate me, probably, who changes shapes about as often as drunks change bars.

I pulled my Boomstick out... and leveled it at the griffon.

"Remind me...Versailles, isn't it?" I said, pulling the hammer back with a loud click. "What your interest in RenKin is. I don't seem to recall you telling us that."

Intimidation:
"You don't recall because I never said ."

Lyntermas wrote: Torque looked over at Konorad as he pointed the gun at the griffon. "...Konorad, put the "Boomstick" away. If he...she...if Browncoat was willing to face Stone Duster one-on-one, I somewhat doubt that your display is going to faze him. As for Versailles' interest...some scholars believe that RenKin had a lover, although he fathered no children. If I had to guess, RenKin had managed to create the fabled elixir of life (quite an impressive feat, I imagine), but it would not be able to save him from his condition. Possibly the elixir can only mitigate the effects of aging and not that of disease, but that is simply speculation. RenKin gave some of it to Versailles, who stands before us today, living in the sun while her lover can only slumber in an icy coffin."
"For the most part that is correct but I shall tell you that you are under estimating my age by quite a bit."

Lyntermas wrote: Torque contemplated the problems that Versailles had brought up. "Hmm, what exactly does RenKin need a transplant of? Blood? A new set of lungs (considering he was apparently coughing up blood onto his notes)? My friend Boomer here might be willing to try giving him cyborg replacements, but...I don't know exactly how viable or effective that would be. If you have some of his genetic material...well, I could try going into a trance state and seeing if I can make a machine that will produce what we need, but my focus is more on mechanics, not biology. You could try sending some genetic material to my father, Thalamus Szarnowski. He'd enjoy a challenge, particularly if it meant helping to restore a great mind like RenKin's."
"Both lungs and both kidneys. Cyborganic replacements would only work in the short term once again due to his need to take daily doses of the Elixir. I didn't have the foresight to store what I do have here or to keep it with me but I shall have to look up your father."

Lyntermas wrote:
"The blob, however, doesn't have any easy answers. My original thought was simply to turn the machine off, leave the blob where it was, and then blast the tomb entrance on this side to keep anyone from getting at it. However, there are a number of problems with this. The main one is that even though we'd be turning the machine, I don't think we can turn the blob "off" as well. That means it would be shooting out large amounts of electricity with nowhere to go. We might be able to use the lightning crystals to absorb some of it, but there's a good chance that it could still blast the tomb down on top of us. And that's just what could go wrong if the blob behaves how I expect; there's no telling what it could actually do."
"That would be enough to hold it for... eighty four minutes in the best case scenario. After that it would try to absorb and convert any energy within it's range and due to the small amount of energy it has been able to take in its range would have to measured in gigameters."
Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:"I will not lower my Boomstick," I snapped at Torque, "Until I get some better answers. Now, it doesn't surprise me that she can shape shift; I think we understand why," I glared at him in a warning to not bring it up again. I did NOT want this guy knowing I was also a shape shifter. "Nor does it bother me that she's lived this long. Some changelings are rumored to be far older, and we've already established she is. What bothers me is that MAYBE she knew him, and MAYBE she was his special some pony... but is she? If she can shape shift, how do we know she's not some random changeling after, saaaay, I dunno. The blob? RenKin's Devil Fruit? His research? Any number of other things in there? Here's another question: if she was willing to take on Stone Duster, how come she didn't? Why let us do it? And don't say 'because we got there first', if she can revive all those dead students without a second thought I think she can pull off a teleport spell easy peasy. Now. All this relies on her NOT being a Devil Fruit user; soooo, if you can prove she is, that'll put me at ease... for now. Buuut, her shape shifting alone isn't gonna hack it. I propose..." I paused for dramatic effect. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

"I propose a little swimming lesson," I stated, a grin playing on my face. "If she can prove to me, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that she CAN NOT SWIM, I'll buy it. Again, for now; I have good reason to not trust shape shifters. If she floats... well."

"If I recall correctly my justification at the time was allowing you to do it would take less effort from me. If you are truly disparate for proof I'd suggest that you load your weapon and allow me to demonstrate. Another thing you are several hundred years to early to be threatening me."

Zarhon wrote:Shallow snorts with amusement at Konorad's request.

"So wat' yah' be sayin', Kon, is yah' want somepon ta' toss' da' pretty lady into da' lake? Correct me if I be wrong on mah' knowledge of manners, but dat' be a tad rude, even by yah' standards. Also, I don't suppose yah' be volunteerin' for da' unceremonious toss in question?" Very Happy

History:

You know that the Golden Eagle is the epithet of one of the strongest pirates active in the pervious era of piracy. You heard that they once attacked Marine HQ attempting to stop the exacution of the the Queen of the Pirates, ultimately they failed and were locked up in Impel Down.

tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon May 06, 2013 6:33 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"If I recall correctly my justification at the time was allowing you to do it would take less effort from me. If you are truly desperate for proof I'd suggest that you load your weapon and allow me to demonstrate. Another thing you are several hundred years too early to be threatening me."

"'Less effort from me', you say. Of course! What marvelous words from a supposed ally. I may not be the most moral person around, but I do watch my friends' backs. And don't try to frighten me with age, I flipped off a minor goddess and lived to tell about it. If you really are a Devil Fruit user, then that naturally explains why you can't visit the tomb. But that wasn't what you said. You said you 'can't go to certain areas'. Which implies RenKin had reason to be suspicious of you; which, frankly, isn't a bad idea with shape shifters, lover or not. I think he must have enchanted it somehow against you specifically, not trusting his traps to stop more than the ordinary intruder. Now, let's look at something else. If you really are an ally of ours, then anything that would gain our trust would be fairly beneficial to you; of course, same deal if you're not. Hence, the risk of lethality in 'failing' the Devil Fruit test. BUT, an enemy who knows they won't pass the intended test of trust will naturally try and avoid it. Which is what you're doing by suggesting I simply shoot you and be done with; which would prove that you can take a wad of bullets, but NOT that you are or are not a Devil Fruit user, and not that we can trust you. So. You tell me, what am I supposed to think about that?"
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 06, 2013 7:07 pm

"Konorad, I believe his name is, has brought up a very good point... So far Browncoat, we've not been shown anything to make you be trustworthy to us. You only wish to clearly just use us for your own ends. Mostly by just showing you have a good deal of power and skill to basically kill us all if we don't do what you want. Sure I do believe you hold such power to easily kill us all within the blink of an eye... But that doesn't really change anything about us having any reason to want to trust you. And besides, you seem to ONLY just need us for this task... So what's to stop you from killing us all the second we've finished this goal you've set before us?" Boomer comments, thinking of planning to get items needed for TWO cyborg bodies... And throwing Browncoat in with that blob... Hoping a bomb-strong enough to destroy an island built out of most of her own body be enough to deal with both major issues.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:
"'Less effort from me', you say. Of course! What marvelous words from a supposed ally. I may not be the most moral person around, but I do watch my friends' backs. And don't try to frighten me with age, I flipped off a minor goddess and lived to tell about it. If you really are a Devil Fruit user, then that naturally explains why you can't visit the tomb. But that wasn't what you said. You said you 'can't go to certain areas'. Which implies RenKin had reason to be suspicious of you; which, frankly, isn't a bad idea with shape shifters, lover or not. I think he must have enchanted it somehow against you specifically, not trusting his traps to stop more than the ordinary intruder. Now, let's look at something else. If you really are an ally of ours, then anything that would gain our trust would be fairly beneficial to you; of course, same deal if you're not. Hence, the risk of lethality in 'failing' the Devil Fruit test. BUT, an enemy who knows they won't pass the intended test of trust will naturally try and avoid it. Which is what you're doing by suggesting I simply shoot you and be done with; which would prove that you can take a wad of bullets, but NOT that you are or are not a Devil Fruit user, and not that we can trust you. So. You tell me, what am I supposed to think about that?"
Xel Unknown wrote:"Konorad, I believe his name is, has brought up a very good point... So far Browncoat, we've not been shown anything to make you be trustworthy to us. You only wish to clearly just use us for your own ends. Mostly by just showing you have a good deal of power and skill to basically kill us all if we don't do what you want. Sure I do believe you hold such power to easily kill us all within the blink of an eye... But that doesn't really change anything about us having any reason to want to trust you. And besides, you seem to ONLY just need us for this task... So what's to stop you from killing us all the second we've finished this goal you've set before us?".

"The two of you have presented surprisingly well thought out arguments and it is true that you have no reason at all to trust me. Honestly I don't understand why the only feasible explanation that I have managed to find requires a mystic from the Holy City of Mariejois who knows who I was originally casting a spell on the other hoof it could be merely a coincidence and the tomb was put on top of something else entirely... Now I had intended to use your gunshot for a demonstration but now I shall take any request other than what you have already offered. This exception is due to the fact that there is a extremely high probability of my death if my powers of suppressed of even a single second that is the great flaw in using a devil fruit to obtain immorality. As for my claimed usage of you in a plot of mine I did not know that you would come to the university nor that you would investigate the tomb. While there is nothing stopping me from killing you I have nothing to gain from your deaths. Oh yes one more thing Konorad never stop protecting your friends. "
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon May 06, 2013 10:37 pm

"...I believe that Versailles has brought up a valid point:

Browncoat never asked us to do SQUAT.

We went to the university and stopped Stone Duster because WE wanted to. We went into RenKin's tomb because WE wanted to. Browncoat's involvement, including right now, was only after the fact. He hasn't tried to coerce us, and he has never threatened us except when we threatened him first. There is no manipulation, attempted or otherwise, on his part, he's probably just surprised that a random bunch of pirates happened to be doing "his job for him" twice in one day. He offered to...deal with Stone Duster for us, and I haven't heard of any further missions. All he asked was if RenKin was still alive, that's it.

The only thing I fully agree with is that, yes, Browncoat is NOT our ally. Therefore, he has NO reason to try and gain our trust or jump through hoops to try and satisfy our desires. But no, let's just throw her into the water or shoot her because "she's a shapeshifter we don't know". You know, why don't I try something completely novel and simply ask her?"

Torque turned to the griffon. "Versailles, in the interest of not escalating this any further, would you please tell us what Devil Fruit you use and give us a peaceful demonstration so that my companion here is satisfied? If a demonstration requires someone to try attacking you to some degree, I would be willing to aid it in a manner that will hopefully not aggravate your condition. Or if you could explain more about this spell you mentioned?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Boomer nods to Torque. "You are right... Though speaking of our minotaur "friend" anypony knows how she is doing at this hour? Also... Any way we can deal with oh... Getting everypony off of this island in quick and timely fashion? I do have an idea that might need such actions..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue May 07, 2013 12:44 am

Lyntermas wrote:"...I believe that Versailles has brought up a valid point:

Browncoat never asked us to do SQUAT.

We went to the university and stopped Stone Duster because WE wanted to. We went into RenKin's tomb because WE wanted to. Browncoat's involvement, including right now, was only after the fact. He hasn't tried to coerce us, and he has never threatened us except when we threatened him first. There is no manipulation, attempted or otherwise, on his part, he's probably just surprised that a random bunch of pirates happened to be doing "his job for him" twice in one day. He offered to...deal with Stone Duster for us, and I haven't heard of any further missions. All he asked was if RenKin was still alive, that's it.

The only thing I fully agree with is that, yes, Browncoat is NOT our ally. Therefore, he has NO reason to try and gain our trust or jump through hoops to try and satisfy our desires. But no, let's just throw her into the water or shoot her because "she's a shapeshifter we don't know". You know, why don't I try something completely novel and simply ask her?"

Torque turned to the griffon. "Versailles, in the interest of not escalating this any further, would you please tell us what Devil Fruit you use and give us a peaceful demonstration so that my companion here is satisfied? If a demonstration requires someone to try attacking you to some degree, I would be willing to aid it in a manner that will hopefully not aggravate your condition. Or if you could explain more about this spell you mentioned?"

"Alright, fine," I sighed in defeat, putting the Boomstick back in it's holster. "This had better be good though. I have very good reason to distrust shape shifters, so it had better be damned convincing."
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 07, 2013 6:46 am

As for my claimed usage of you in a plot of mine I did not know that you would come to the university nor that you would investigate the tomb.
"I got two more questions ta' ask, out of curiosity: How exactly did yah' know we went into da' tomb in da' first place, as yah' proved by waitin' for us ta' exit it...? An' wat' exactly did yah' expect of us ta' actually do in dere', or succeed inside of it on our own, considerin' our lack of knowledge, prior ta' enterin', an' before meetin' yah' now? Considerin' da' potential consequences of da' "abomination", could ave' been a big risk... Unless yah' know someting' we don't, of course..." Surprised
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 am

Boomer facehooves and mutters to herself after hearing the Zebra's comment. "Oh please just kill me now if the answer is 'you just told me'... I hate whenever a group I'm with, or I myself, fall into that trap..."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Lyntermas wrote: Torque turned to the griffon. "Versailles, in the interest of not escalating this any further, would you please tell us what Devil Fruit you use and give us a peaceful demonstration so that my companion here is satisfied? If a demonstration requires someone to try attacking you to some degree, I would be willing to aid it in a manner that will hopefully not aggravate your condition. Or if you could explain more about this spell you mentioned?"

"The Number Number fruit. Approximately 60% is too subtle to be easily demonstrated another 25% would kill all of you instantly and the remaining 15% may be rather easily mistaken for common magics or are reactive in nature."\

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer nods to Torque. "You are right... Though speaking of our minotaur "friend" anypony knows how she is doing at this hour? Also... Any way we can deal with oh... Getting everypony off of this island in quick and timely fashion? I do have an idea that might need such actions..."

I'll admit that I have turned her into an unwitting pawn in a plan of mine. Oddly enough you have just given me an idea of a demonstration unfortunately it involves a minor separation of a time. If Szarnowski would now take a single step backwards he would find himself at the location of his comrade with that magic book to return take a step back from exactly where you were when you arrived.

Zarhon wrote:
"I got two more questions ta' ask, out of curiosity: How exactly did yah' know we went into da' tomb in da' first place, as yah' proved by waitin' for us ta' exit it...? An' wat' exactly did yah' expect of us ta' actually do in dere', or succeed inside of it on our own, considerin' our lack of knowledge, prior ta' enterin', an' before meetin' yah' now? Considerin' da' potential consequences of da' "abomination", could ave' been a big risk... Unless yah' know someting' we don't, of course..."

"I saw you carry a small ship to the lake and then the three that were on board going under the water. After they didn't surface for some time I concluded that they had entered the tomb. Honestly I expected that they would die in there. "
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue May 07, 2013 5:38 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:"The Number Number fruit. Approximately 60% is too subtle to be easily demonstrated another 25% would kill all of you instantly and the remaining 15% may be rather easily mistaken for common magics or are reactive in nature."

"...Huh. I am curious to how the use of numbers somehow allows for shapeshifting and immortality."

I'll admit that I have turned her into an unwitting pawn in a plan of mine. Oddly enough you have just given me an idea of a demonstration unfortunately it involves a minor separation of a time. If Szarnowski would now take a single step backwards he would find himself at the location of his comrade with that magic book to return take a step back from exactly where you were when you arrived.

"And teleportation as well, apparently. Well...I'm going to trust you on this, Versailles. Be back in a bit, everyone." Torque took a deep breath, then took a single step backwards.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 07, 2013 6:16 pm

"Math is the purest representation of the universe. Almost anything can be quantified into a set of numbers distance, genetics, time."

As you step back you can see the island rushing before you. When you step down you find yourself in the barracks of a marine base. Looking around you can see a few sleeping marines and Sixty-Two at a desk.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 pm

I blinked a few times at the implication behind Versaille's claim. Especially when I saw Torque vanish.

"Soooo... the net effect is that you can basically warp reality into just about anything you want just by stopping and doing the math. Is that it?" I suddenly realised I was dealing with a whole 'nother weight class than the Changeling Queen. She was just an obscenely powerful magician, even she had rules to follow. This was a freakin' REALITY BENDER. At that moment another conclusion occurred to me. Torque had said the blob was absorbing energy at a perfect 1:1 ratio. Numbers. Numbers that should be impossible, he said.

"...You made that blob thing, didn't you? The one powering RenKin's machine. Torque said it was impossible. But it's impossible to swim through dirt too, but a Devil Fruit makes that happen. You said your fruit was numbers-related. You changed the numbers. And you made a perpetual motion machine. But it's too powerful. Too efficient. And now it's only being stopped by RenKin's coffin-thingy. Now, when I saw it the first time, I said 'let's come back later.' I felt we were inadequately equipped and prepared for such a thing. Then you popped up, and told us what would have happened if we had tried it. Namely, we'd have lit the fuse on the biggest bomb in existence. And I'm supposed to feel comfortable going down there and trying it NOW!? No. It's stable, it's contained, and I have every intention of repairing and perhaps even improving the traps down there to keep it that way, until you tell me exactly how you intend to diffuse that bomb." I was shouting now.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next