Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

+3
Pingcode
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
7 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) - Page 13 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:All the members of the pack begin to growl at your 'fact'. Some of the pack members start eyeing the group behind you. For those in the group, you can see Doctor Scope try to find somewhere to hide, muttering how this isn't a good situation. The more observant of you notice that the yellow unicorn managed to sneak away from the wolves, and is currently hiding under the bridge...

(Roll Initiative. There's about ten Timberwolves. Also, before I said that Storm Blade's flu causes him to take a -3 penalty to rolls in combat. I'm changing that to -3 penalty to damage and saving throws, which is more reasonable and easier to get your head around...)

(Ten timberwolves? No problemo.

As long as we have a healer...

Spoiler:

Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) - Page 13 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:13 pm

"I think the time for talking is over it's now the time for making fire wood."

combat:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Spoiler:
(Could you also post what talents you are taking in?)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Spoiler:
(Could you also post what talents you are taking in?)

Same as last time.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Aces sighs and backs up a bit. "Let's see here...no' too restrictive here..." he sighed. "Here's hoping, I guess."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:36 pm

"Good, I'd love to try my powers again. Last time got cut too short." Necrar says, his eyes glowing faintly behind the darkened visor.
Spoiler:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 pm

The timberwolves all begin to howl. Doctor Scope retreats to a safe distance...

(Initiative Order:
Timberwolves A, B, C, D
Splash Control / Sparks
Storm Blade
Timberwolf E
Aces High
Timberwolves F, G, H, I
Timberwolf J / Necrar)
(The adjacency of the Timberwolves is based on their names, even if flavour-wise they are all over the place...)

The timberwolf who was speaking to Storm Blade, and a second one, both pounce upon the pegasus. Two other timberwolves attack Aces High, most likely because you brought some attention to yourself earlier, while the remaining six make their way to the other members of the group...

(Storm Blade takes 6 damage.)
(Aces High takes 10 damage.)

Splash Control, seeing the combat start, yells out "Let's do this!" It somewhat motivates the three ponies near him, even though it isn't all that impressive...

(Sparks, Aces High, and Necrar, you may all flip a coin. If you get heads, you get a pip.)

(Sparks turn, then Storm Blade...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:56 pm

(( got a heads ))
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Colter Bolt wrote:(( got a heads ))

(Got heads myself, not sure if that's a good thing through)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 pm

"Just... give me a second..." Sparks entirely ignores the advancing Timberwolves.

Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Storm Blade narrows his eyes, knowing that his illness will weaken him significantly. He just hoped the his allies had healing ability as he allowed lightning to charge through his body once more, before he brought the lightning out around him into a shield. His armour activated, healing most of the damage he had taken from the initial attack.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:(Got heads myself, not sure if that's a good thing through)
(I also don't know if it's a good thing, since I only gave the other three the ability to flip the coin for pips, but if you do want the coin flip (because, had Splash Control been a player, he would have asked who wanted pips), you can talk to Writer to give up his coin flip...)

The remaining six timberwolves start to charge at Splash Control, Sparks, and Necrar. One splits from the rest of the pack and quickly advances on Splash Control. Despite the pony's protest of "Wait, nonononon-" he gets tackled to the ground...

(Splash Control takes 5 damage)

(Aces High's turn. Also, remember to put your health and pip count (and any conditions you have) at the end of your posts...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41 am

(That's the thing, I got my extra PiP... I'm just unsure if that's a good thing)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:41 pm

((Why wouldn't it be? More PiPs is always good.))

Aces grit his teeth, stepping back another hair and slamming his metal hoof against the ground. "Come on, work..." he breathed out. A small ding registered from his false hoof. "Tha's wha' I'm talking abou'..." he breathed, a slow smile reaching across his face as he began shaking the boot off his metal leg, making sure to keep the rest as to-the-skin as possible.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:17 pm

[quote="AProcrastinatingWriter"]((Why wouldn't it be? More PiPs is always good.))[quote]

(Because I have an aura that deals damage to me equal to the amount of PiP's I have at the start of each turn?)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:36 pm

((Yeah but one singular damage for a whole 1 more PiP is more than a fair trade))
((This discussion should probably be in the OOC topic))
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:48 pm

The remaining five timberwolves attack their prey. One goes for Splash Control, two go for Sparks, and two go for Necrar...

(Splash Control takes 4 damage)
(Sparks takes 11 damage)
(Necrar takes 11 damage)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:03 pm

"You know, this looks pretty uneven... Perhaps some friends will help." Necrar says, his shadow growing larger. When it's twice the size of a normal pony, it splits into two shadows, one still connected to Necrar while the other stands up next to him. "Go, my minion. Weaken my enemies."

With a shriek, the shadow pony lunges at the leader of the pack and strikes it across the mouth, knocking a few teeth out.
Spoiler:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:54 pm

(By leader of the pack, I'm going to assume you mean Timberwolf A...)

The timberwolf, while annoyed, still goes after Storm Blade. The timberwolves that are attacking Storm Blade and Aces High strike again. The "teeth" the shadow pony kicked out start to magically reattach themselves to the pack leader...

(Storm Blade takes 1 damage)
(Timberwolf A no longer suffers a damage penalty)
(Aces High takes 11 damage)

Splash Control manages to get a good kick on one of the timberwolves around him. While the timberwolf doesn't seem to react in pain, the wood which makes the bottom half of the wolf's jaw goes flying...

(Hasted Preparations: 6 (Weakness))
(Injection on Timberwolf E)

(Timberwolf E is Weakened (save ends))
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Too many of them for that one and way too many for the other two so the first it is then. Even if I go all out on it only a little more than half will be hit. In an instant Sparks draws his sword and circles around the group slashing at the closest of the timber wolves before returning to his starting position and sheathing his sword. As he stops his very body begins to ignore the wounds it has received. To outside observers it appears that Sparks has merely drawn and then sheathed his sword.
combat:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:55 pm

While you have certainly cut those wolves down to size, most of them are still standing, but barely. The one which lost its jaw completely falls apart, leaving behind a pile of logs...

(Timberwolf E is dead)
(Timberwolves A, B, C, D, F, and G are bloodied)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Storm Blade hardly reacted when his storm shield was breached, it meant that he wouldn't be able to reabsorb it for its energy. At the same time however, it would mean that his aura didn't hurt so much. Storm Blade smiled slightly when Sparks got to work, impressed at the his fellow guard's combat abilities. The pegasus's armour began to work, restoring his health. While he remade his storm shield... and then turned it up a notch by summoning his namesake. The Storm Blades. Two swords made out of wind, water and lightning where willed into existence as Storm Blade stood on his rear two hooves, using his wings to keep him up. Surrounded by a shield of lighting, and wielding blades crafted out of the elements, Storm Blade was an imposing sight, even with his illness.

"Surrender." He said coldly to the lead-wolf. "That battle has hardly started, yet one of your pack has fallen, and most of you are grievously wounded, while we have almost no marks upon ourselves. Continue, and you shall wipe yourselves out. Leave now, and you will live."

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Any sane animal would take your advice. Timberwolves are not sane animals. The leader just snarls at your suggestion...

(Also, in the future, making a skill check in combat takes a standard action. Anyway, since Timberwolf E is dead, it's Aces High's time to play his hand...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Any sane animal would take your advice. Timberwolves are not sane animals. The leader just snarls at your suggestion...

(Also, in the future, making a skill check in combat takes a standard action. Anyway, since Timberwolf E is dead, it's Aces High's time to play his hand...)

(So what makes Timberwolves non-sane?

Also he's just talking. Isn't talking a free action?)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:53 pm

The rustred pony grit his teeth as he took the heavy blow, stumbling backwards. "Alrigh' then," Aces breathed out. "My turn to play my hoof," he said, familiar hatches unfolding from his leg. "And mine's one of the bes' in the game!"

With this, the colt slammed his false arm into the ground, and a single missile shot from his leg in a cloud of fire and smoke. The missle climbed higher, higher, higher, soaring into the sky and providing a sense of starry perspective to an impending doom.

And then, suddenly, it exploded harmlessly with a gentle "puff".

A split-second after it did, Aces leapt into the confusion provided momentarily by his simple distraction and kicked the Timber Wolf closest to him in its barky teeth before spinning on one hoof and spreading a spherical flare of destruction to every wooden creature in the vicinity, delivered straight from its napalmish source behind the nozzle under Aces's hoof. "Or maybe I'm jus' bluffing," he mumbled in the aftermath.

Spoiler:

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next