Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

+3
Pingcode
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
7 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) - Page 21 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:55 am

Sparks follows the small creature already wondering if it was going to be a courtroom thing or a physical one.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3) - Page 21 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 1 - 3)

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:59 am

Silenced and annoyed, Necrar follows.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:36 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Sparks follows the small creature already wondering if it was going to be a courtroom thing or a physical one.
Colter Bolt wrote:Silenced and annoyed, Necrar follows.
You both, along with Zippy, follow the group of small creatures through the cave. They lead you through a labyrinth of tunnels, occasionally interrupting creatures similar to them from doing whatever they are doing, such as mining or just crawling about, and sometimes one of these beast will spilt from the group to enter a tunnel different from the one you are lead into. Eventually, you find yourselves in a large room, so to speak. A large open area which contrasted the cramped tunnels, it's centrepiece is a cliff and bridge connection to a large, well-made wooden cage. You enter the room at the cliff, with the cage being watched in anticipation by many of the creatures below. The beast that spoke to you slinks away towards an opening loosely covered by a large leaf, and begins whispering inside, albeit loudly, while the archers that are still remaining signal you to enter the cage...

(If you want to roll any Perception skill checks, now is the time...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:39 pm

"Okay, you want to know the different between ponies and timberwolves? Ponies are smart. Timberwolves are not." Storm Blade said flalty as he prepared for battle, having reached the end of his patience.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Sparks tries to take a quick look around as he enters the cage but is distracted due to a mild annoyance towards Zippy for not mentioning that there was something this big going on in the cave.

roll:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Necrar enters the cage, ready to fly at a moments notice.
Spoiler:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:23 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
roll:
Colter Bolt wrote:
Spoiler:
Even with the cave being lit with some torches, you find it very hard to see anything, even each other. Necrar, despite having night-vision, doesn't even notice that the door of the cage is locked as soon as all three ponies get in. The creatures below look at you all as you are locked into the suspended cage, and murmur to each other...

Soon, a creature, just like the others, but very decorated, exits the opening, and as he does, the others begin to silence quickly. He is donned in colourful silk and fancy, trimmed leaves, and while it does have an aura of magnificence to it, it's also somewhat a crime against fashion. A pony's skull adorns his head, the skull itself also decorated with some sort of paint and feathers. He seems to be just finishing eating something as he approaches the cage, but it's so dark, and Necrar not really paying attention, you aren't sure what he just ate. As he reaches the cage, he stares intensely at all of you for a while, before breaking the silence. "Why you here pony? Long way from fancy town."

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Spoiler:
The leader of the pack remains away from the fight, while his fellow timberwolves being to quickly rush your group down, anger in their eyes...

Initiative Order:
Timberwolves A, B
Splash Control
Timberwolves C, D, E, F, G, H
Aces High
Timberwolf I
Storm Blade

The first timberwolves to reach you, unimpressed with Storm's remark, attack him first...

(Storm Blade takes 7 damage.)

Splash Control makes another rallying cry, similar to the one from before. "We've got this!"

(Aces High and Storm Blade, you may all flip a coin. If you get heads, you get a pip. Splash Control failed his flip, btw...)

Another wolf pounces on Storm Blade, while three more decide to charge Splash Control, much to his dismay. The other three timberwolves rush Aces High, biting the pony, but he manages to react before the third one reaches its target...

(Storm Blade takes 5 damage.)
(Splash Control takes 13 damage.)
(Aces High takes 9 damage.)

(Aces High's turn, then another timberwolf will attack, then Storm Blade...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
"Why you here pony? Long way from fancy town."

"We're only here to find the blackback mushrooms we need to clean the Slimes from the town's water."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Aces High backed off from the last Timberwolf to slash into his suit. "Urgh," he grunted as he moved one hoof over to his metal arm, pressing a button.

With a loud whirring noise and a couple sparks of electricity, Aces stood tall and cocked his neck slightly. "Really hopin' this works..." he breathed.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:44 am

The final timberwolf manages to get a good bite in on Aces High...

(Aces High takes 6 damage)

(Storm Blade, you're up...)

tygerburningbright wrote:"We're only here to find the blackback mushrooms we need to clean the Slimes from the town's water."
"You here steal food then?" This accusation is met with some light booing from the crowd below, aimed at the ponies in the cage. "What is slime anyway? Never seen slime."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 am

"This better work." Storm Blade muttered as he began to move, unlike most of the times where he simply waited, gathering energy he knew that wouldn't be possible this time around, as Aces High was already injured, bloodied. He would love to give these wolves what was coming to them, but he was a defender first and foremost, so he was determined to do his duty.

This was done by pointing at the last wolf to have hit Ace High.

A bolt of lighting jumped from the hoof to hit the wolf, but then it split in two. Most of the bolt jumped to Aces High, while a little bit of it came back to him. Instead of hurting them however, the lightning would restore their energy so they can continue fighting for longer.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 am

Paper Shadow wrote:

tygerburningbright wrote:"We're only here to find the blackback mushrooms we need to clean the Slimes from the town's water."
"You here steal food then?" This accusation is met with some light booing from the crowd below, aimed at the ponies in the cage. "What is slime anyway? Never seen slime."

"We are willing to trade whatever we can for the Mushrooms. Oh have any of your subjects drunk from the lake up on the surface and then got some weird sickness? Well that is the slime."

Spoiler:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:49 am

While the timberwolf you zapped regains its balance, the other timberwolves strike again, and while Splash Control lets out another rallying cry, when he breaks away from the timberwolves who attacks him afterwards, he is whimpering in panic and is making shallow but quick breaths...

(Once again, you two may flip a coin. If heads, you get a pip. Splash failed his again.)

(Storm Blade takes 15 damage)
(Splash Control takes 12 damage)
(Splash Control is bloodied)

(Aces High takes 7 damage)

(Aces High's turn. Make it count...)

Spoiler:
The leader looks concerned for a second, and then turns his back to you to ponder. After a brief silence, he faces you again. "How we know you didn't bring sickness, not slime? We never seen slime."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 am

"Do you have any of the lake water with you?" Necrar asks, finally speaking up."If you do, we can show you the slimes."
Spoiler:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:02 am

Paper Shadow wrote:While the timberwolf you zapped regains its balance, the other timberwolves strike again, and while Splash Control lets out another rallying cry, when he breaks away from the timberwolves who attacks him afterwards, he is whimpering in panic and is making shallow but quick breaths...

(Once again, you two may flip a coin. If heads, you get a pip. Splash failed his again.)

(Storm Blade takes 15 damage)
(Splash Control takes 12 damage)
(Splash Control is bloodied)

(Aces High takes 7 damage)[/color]

(Which Timberwolf did the most damage to Splash Control? I'm using Defender on that attack.)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:42 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:(Which Timberwolf did the most damage to Splash Control? I'm using Defender on that attack.)
(It was Timberwolf D, who did 5 damage. Are you sure you wish to take that attack?)

Colter Bolt wrote:
Spoiler:
The leader gives a look at one of the archers, who then begins to scramble into the tunnel you entered it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:09 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:(It was Timberwolf D, who did 5 damage. Are you sure you wish to take that attack?)

As the third and final Timberwolf stuck out in an attack that seemed to be much more vicious then the last, Storm Blade acted. Channeling lightning not outside of him, but inside, supercharging his nervous system and allowing for an explosive movement, intercepting the attack meant of Splash Control, however this meant he had no chance of setting up a defense himself for it, and took the full force of the blow, leaving Storm Blade barely standing.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Aces High grunted. "Seeing as you all can' understand me, I ain' going to say anything too fancy, just..."

With a familiar whirring of gears and sliding of panels, several pipe-like protrusions stuck themselves out of Ace's left-front hoof.

"G'bye."

With a noise like a rushing of great winds, a couple dozen missiles shout one after another from Ace's arm, leaving spiraling contrails as they flew into the air, then turned and righted their paths, heading for several of the attacking wolves. There was a great explosion.

Or, rather, about half a dozen of them.

The old gambler pony swayed slightly, then turned to Splash with a nervous grin on his face. "Looks like you and I are in the same boa' now, eh?" Then Aces turned to what seemed to be the pack leader and let out a roar even as sparks of lightning backfired into his body, his arm seemingly giving out beneath him. Aces hoped it was a roar of defiance and alphaness, a sign he was the toughest wolf around here.

But he had the distinct and unlucky feeling it was a roar of challenge.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 pm

(Admittedly, you're not as screwed as I thought you were, as I thought Storm had used that combat talent which deals damage depending on how many pips he has at the start of the turn. I had spent the afternoon planning on how I'd go about his turn in a way not to instantly die, so when I saw him use Defender, I thought it was suicide. Turns out he doesn't even have it any more. Okay...)

Cool explosions aside, your attack is very efficient, and deals heavy damage to all the timberwolves it hit...

(Timberwolves C, D, E, F, G, H are all bloodied)

The timberwolf who was approching you for a second attack takes a good bite out of you...

(Aces High takes 5 damage)

(Storm Blade, you're up. Kick some ass. Also, I don't know how much HP and pips Aces High has at the moment, you forgot to add it in...)

---

Meanwhile, back at the cave, the creature returns with a crudely made stone bowl filled with water. It hands it to the leader, who then places it on the floor of the cage, somewhat carelessly spilling a bit as he twists it to squeeze it through without having to open the door...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 pm

And seriously? Telling me to kick ass? Have you SEEN my combat build?! I don't have AoE attacks except for my lightning blades and we are facing NINE timberwolves, six of which took eleven damage and are bloodied. Meanwhile Aces High just got knocked out, Storm Blade is down to ONE HEALTH POINT and Splash Control sounds like he's still bloodied, and he's providing NO help at all!

WE. ARE. SCREWED.

Sort your combat encounters out would you?!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 pm

(While this fight has turned out to be hard, I'm going to stick to my guns here and say that the odds were in your favour for this fight. I think you both just got unlucky and/or made some not so stellar decisions. The only mistake I feel I made was not having Splash Control use The Good Stuff on turn 2, but I wasn't paying attention to the damage he was taking...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 pm

"Right then first I'm going to show you the spell I'll use it also doubles as a show of good faith." Sparks concentrates a spell onto one of the bars. "That bar should be as strong as a dry twig now you can test it if you want to. Oh yea, I'm ordering the two of you to stay in the cage until we are let go OK!? Now for the bowl..." Once again Sparks starts to cast a spell onto the stone bowl hopefully awakening the slime.

rolls and stuff:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 pm

"You can't tell me what to do..." Necrar mutters, though he doesn't make a move to leave. Instead, he looks around, now that he has time to pay more attention.
Spoiler:
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:06 pm

rolls and stuff:
When you weaken the cage bar, you notice the water shake violently. When you weaken the bowl, you see the slime take form, but it also starts to merge itself with the water once more...

Colter Bolt wrote:
Spoiler:
You see that a lot of the creatures below are indeed sick with various illnesses. You also notice the slime in the bowl, and the fact it is trying to reforge itself with the water, and you notice that Zippy is just kinda staring into space and not really doing anything, again...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next