Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 2 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 am

If that's what you want to do, feel free, Dusk. I don't mind.

Everything else that requires more dedication to look at, albeit not much more: I'm sorry, I'm just not up to it tonight. If this trend of feeling "bleh" continues into tomorrow, I'll suck it up and do the stuff I need to anyway, but I'm working under the assumption that it won't.

I do apologize.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 2 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  deonte9109 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:27 am

Hopefully this character gets some more mileage than my last one. Iggy
Was slightly rushed and needs more polish
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 am

Two quick, very important questions.

Number 1, is this Skype or PBP?

Number 2, where did the 'semi-official' document for the races come from? Because the True-Shifter nerf is extremely alarming. Even if the change is in the Races of Equestira but not the Genetic Engineering...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:31 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Number 2, where did the 'semi-official' document for the races come from? Because the True-Shifter nerf is extremely alarming.
You can find it on the third page of the 8 Point Racial Templates Thread on the forum, posted by Dan himself...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:46 am

Hm, so far five six slots taken...

Well, I'm interested in joining, because I've got a character concept taking hold. But for the sake of full disclosure, I'm in two games on these forums already - one with you (obviously), and also Logan's Ponysona 4 game (though admittedly I've been through a total of two fights and not a great deal more).

Currently working on assembly, just chiming in with interest if you're not at your limit.'

EDIT: Hum, missed Luthier. Oh well! Six is probably a good number to leave it at, so I'll stow my character for another time.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm

I think a few people have to update their characters to take 8 racial points, but otherwise all is good...

Also, if anyone needs any help or advice for their characters, or for some reason you need even more players, just ask. My doors will be open most of the time...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Hey, so, just in case we aren't full, but if this would mean too many people then that's totally cool.
Here is Cobbled Stone
Please tell me if I did anything wrong, because I know for sure I totally did. Razz
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:58 pm

casey1859 wrote:Hey, so, just in case we aren't full, but if this would mean too many people then that's totally cool.
Here is Cobbled Stone
Please tell me if I did anything wrong, because I know for sure I totally did. :P
This game is giving a priority to new players, so you should be getting a spot...

Anyway, as for your character, you technically have one too many racial points (A Unicorn's Finishing School now gives training in an extra skill as opposed to an extra utility talent), but since you forgot to take an extra talent anyway, all you have to do replace the wording of Finishing School (which you can find in the Player's Handbook), and take training in an extra skill. You should also write down next to the Magic Talent you wish to be enhanced by Spellchild (judging on your character, I'm guessing that would be Create Crazy Contraption), since you can't change it after character creation...

Your combat talents are kinda all over the place tactics-wise. That's not a bad thing, but something we can improve. Can you tell me what your course of action will be when you enter combat?

In addition, usually when you reflavour a talent, you write the correct version next to it. For example, let's take Create Fire Robot, since it is very obvious that it is Conjure Fire Giant. It is considered proper to write it as "Flavour Name (Actual Name)", so in this example it'd be good if you write it in your sheet as "Create Fire Robot (Conjure Fire Giant)". This is so the GM knows what the talent actually is quickly, and doesn't have to go looking in all the documents to find it. On that note, I knew all of your combat talents except Bombrush. I have no idea what that is or where you got it. Could you tell me? Never mind I remembered, it's Thunderstorm...

It also seems you haven't taken any items. I'm not sure if this game is running with items or not, but since two characters have already took them, I think you (and anyone else who hasn't taken them) should look into them unless AProcrastinatingWriter says otherwise. You can find a list of items, and how they work, here...

You've also predetermined what your level up stuff is going to be, which is kinda odd. I mean, it's obviously that your character would take the Inventor Destiny, but still. Also, the Flight Upgrade tree has changed. Now It's Almost Like Flying gives a -10 modifier instead of a -15 modifier, and it is upgraded into Flight School, which gives a -5 modifier...

I think that is all...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:06 pm

casey1859 wrote:Hey, so, just in case we aren't full, but if this would mean too many people then that's totally cool.
Here is Cobbled Stone
Please tell me if I did anything wrong, because I know for sure I totally did. Razz
Well... Don't pick all your future level ups all at once, it's better to just wait and see how things go maybe your character will play off differently to make you want to pick a different denistny. And make sure to note which magic skill (either your element or the making thingie) is your spellchild talent.

Also I'd suggest you should plan to get the Friendly Fire trait... Cause if you want to use your "Thunderstorm" talent so much and maybe that free pip talent too.

Finally: I suggest looking over The Art of War update and the equine power update you might enjoy some of those talents to use and might be wise to have in () what the non-flavor name is for your combat talents.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Huh. Two new people showed interest.

Guess it was a good thing I felt 'bleh' yesterday after all.

Anyway, @Fury, this will be Play By Post.

Looking over your character sheets with the caveat that I may miss a thing or two here and if you happen to spot it later on I trust you to tell me about said things.

Composed Luthier: looks good! Though it is unnecessary, I would like to remind you that you can reflavor everything, not just combat talents. Again, not at all necessary, merely something you may (or may not!) want to keep in mind.

Zeron: Still needs background and personality; a physical description would be nice too if you have no ability to draw. Mechanics-wise, your brawn should be +6 each, not +5, and your racial abilties are a bit behind the curve -everyone gets 8 points to spend on their race, but you seem to have only spent 5 or so. In fact, between that and the fact that you don't have any items, I think I know what's going on here...see the bottom of this post for further details.

Fire Drop: A bunch of your skills have been left at +5 even though according to your stats they should be +7s, +6s, or +8s. You might wanna fix that. Wink You seem to have the same problems racially, utility-talent-outdatedness and etc. as Zeron does, so you'll also want to look at the bottom of this post for the explanation.

Wandering Eye: Very flavorful; I like! Unfortuantely, It's Witchcraft is currently in the middle of being nerfed, so if this campaign doesn't get started up soon you'll have to change iiiiit...more seriously and imemdiately, you seem to be trained in three skills instead of two and for the life of me I can't find a reason why that would be so. You'll have to deselect one of them as being trained. You also seem to have nine combat talents instead of 8, but I'm assuming that's simply an easy way for you to keep track of the combat talent you don't actually have but are allowed to use under certain circumstances? ...*reading topic* Ah, I see. You do get extra training! You may want to change one of your racial traits away from "Getting an extra utility talent" though.

Iggy: I would suggest substituting in a higher-pip-earning move, but you don't have to or anything. Keep it as is if you like. The only thing is...what the heck, in the Items section, does "3D2D005010936028FEC59E02040FE9C9CUN1735038000000V0630000FF7FFF0T107F3FCC004CB2" mean?!?!

Cobbled Stone: Yeah Paper Shadow got this one for me, wowza. And yes I know what is the reference. Well done?????

@Pingcode: I did say I would be running a slightly bigger game than usual. I'd be willing to accept one more player, but be warned that if you and someone new turn up to play, I will take them over you. Sorry in advance if that happens.

Things to note: EVERYONE should be posting OFTEN once this things starts up - at least once per day if you can, but that's the minimum requirement, not a goal to reach and stop and wait on, capice?

Finally: Rusty Bolt and Fire Drop! You seem to have used the earliest version of the rulebook without any of the official supplementary material. Rather than linking to each one separately I'm going to link to my singular consolidated document with a quick warning that it is currently slightly behind. You'll want to look at the updated races and the potential items - and you may want to look at the new Combat and Utility Talents and see if there's anything for your characters you like better.

Here it is!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Iggy - That looks like a ponycode to me.

Re: Wandering Eye - That's an effect of the new Unicorn build - rather than getting a bonus utility, they get a bonus trained skill.

Anyway, I'll set to work, I suppose, but I'll give it a bit for any other newbies to jump in and call the spot. Put me down on the waiting list for if/when player ablation happens, though.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Huh. Two new people showed interest.
Technically I've also expressed interest, but at this point, about two or three players will have to mysteriously vanish forever for me to get a spot, so I'll happily sit here and help anyone who needs some advice on their characters...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Composed Luthier: Oh, right, thanks... (goes back and probably re flavors more things than necessary)

Re: Things to note: Yes, posting frequently (or daily at least) should not be a problem for me. My schedule itself is wibbly-wobbly, but there's practically always some part(s) of the day where I can do things.

Re:Finally: Listen to AProcrastinatingWriter! Use his magical consolidation of the official rulebooks/expansions!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Hey, Fury, Paper Shadow - we're all already in games on this board. You guys want to go competitive applications for that last slot? Could be fun, and it's good writing exercise in any case. Curunir too, if you're interested.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Ah, ponycode - that makes sense! I thought it was at first actually, but then I was confused about why it was in the "Items" section, but closer inspection reveals it is AFTER that section, not in it!

Though now this means Iggy doesn't have any items, which you might want to remedy...
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Sorry thats the hexacode for my OC. I couldnt think of anywhere else to put it at the time. Razz
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  zer0n Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Me and firedrop may take a little longer to get ready, hope this doesn't ruin anything D:

zer0n
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  zer0n Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Also, can't believe I never thought of something like wandering eye! I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship Very Happy

zer0n
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Your combat talents are kinda all over the place tactics-wise. That's not a bad thing, but something we can improve. Can you tell me what your course of action will be when you enter combat?
Huh. Tactics. Now that's a word I don't hear very often. I have a bad habit, in RPG style games, of just mashing A for attack and hoping for the best. I didn't realy think of tactics, just what I thought I could flavor well into my character's style.
Well, I usually want to feel safe. I really like Auto-response/immediate counter style attacks coupled with good healing bonuses and lots of HP to hide behind. So what I would probably do is start with Stab, and then Homesick, until I can conjure and hide behind my fire giant.
(Seconded only to Mechanics I REAAALLLY like conjurer classes)

Thank you for taking the time to look it over. This is my first time playing, and I knew for sure there would be SOME mistakes.
(Also: does fire giant have it's own pip meter?)

Also, I fixed up everything you mentioned, so allow me to present to you the new and improved Cobbled Stone
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:28 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Wandering Eye: Very flavorful; I like! Unfortuantely, It's Witchcraft is currently in the middle of being nerfed, so if this campaign doesn't get started up soon you'll have to change iiiiit...more seriously and imemdiately, you seem to be trained in three skills instead of two and for the life of me I can't find a reason why that would be so. You'll have to deselect one of them as being trained. You also seem to have nine combat talents instead of 8, but I'm assuming that's simply an easy way for you to keep track of the combat talent you don't actually have but are allowed to use under certain circumstances? ...*reading topic* Ah, I see. You do get extra training! You may want to change one of your racial traits away from "Getting an extra utility talent" though.

Hmm... well, I've got backup options in case It's Witchcraft doesn't work out. And as for the nine combat talents... I assume that's because you're counting Form of the Reaper and Death's Scythe as separate skills, when really the latter can only be activated by the former (hence no PiP cost listed) but I still need to have the stats handy. As for the racial trait description... I thought I'd handled that. Hmm.

Speaking of combat traits, I will likely be doing some minor modifications, getting rid of All or Nothing, for reasons elaborated in SilentBelle's combat thread...

zer0n wrote:Also, can't believe I never thought of something like wandering eye! I see the beginning of a beautiful friendship Very Happy

Oh? Oooooh.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:15 am

@zeron: It's fine. When I linked that document, I actually kind of expected things would start taking longer for you guys, so we're cool. If it helps, know that though you need to choose your items (3000 gold at level one!) and your extra racial stuff, your utility talents and combat talents are technically legal, and therefore either of you can skip replacing them if you want to. Just, of course, be forewarned that if you choose to save time that way you'll miss out on options - though of course that's obvious.

casey1859 wrote:
(Also: does fire giant have it's own pip meter?)

Also, I fixed up everything you mentioned, so allow me to present to you the new and improved Cobbled Stone

Fire Giant does have its own Pip Meter. Conjurations you control, unless specifically stated for some reason or another to do otherwise, start off with 0 pips and always come after you in the imitative order. And when I say "always" I mean "always"! Even if your position gets moved around somehow it will follow you. Like a lost puppy! With really sharp teeth. And an explosive collar.

Also the puppy is on fire.

Cobbled Stone looks mostly good except that your items seem to add up to 3500 instead of the 3000 you're allowed. I suppose if you really want that setup, I could give you a loan, but due to interest rates you wouldn't get any gold at level 2...

Dusk Raven wrote:I assume that's because you're counting Form of the Reaper and Death's Scythe as separate skills, when really the latter can only be activated by the former (hence no PiP cost listed) but I still need to have the stats handy.

Oh, I thought I was more declare in making it known that I understood that already. Embarassed
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:24 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:I assume that's because you're counting Form of the Reaper and Death's Scythe as separate skills, when really the latter can only be activated by the former (hence no PiP cost listed) but I still need to have the stats handy.

Oh, I thought I was more declare in making it known that I understood that already. Embarassed

Oh, I knew.

I just... had to respond. I like to respond when people address me.

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:27 am

Cobbled Stone looks mostly good except that your items seem to add up to 3500 instead of the 3000 you're allowed. I suppose if you really want that setup, I could give you a loan, but due to interest rates you wouldn't get any gold at level 2...
Hmm....Cobbled is running some form of business in that he sells the structures. Is there some trait I could take to get that same steady income that AppleJack has in FiD?
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:36 am

casey1859 wrote:

Hmm....Cobbled is running some form of business in that he sells the structures. Is there some trait I could take to get that same steady income that AppleJack has in FiD?

I'm afraid not - at least not any official ones or ones that you could get immediately. There is a combat trait you can get that will give you 2000 extra gold to spend, but you don't get your first combat trait until level two. And yes, we're starting at level one. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next