Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 3 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 am

There is the Sweet and Elite utility that'd make you rich... But still when it comes to combat items you still are limited even with that cause combat and non-combat don't mix and junk.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 3 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:38 am

Xel Unknown wrote:There is the Sweet and Elite utility that'd make you rich... But still when it comes to combat items you still are limited even with that cause combat and non-combat don't mix and junk.

Debatable. Sweet and Elite gives you special considerations - like you were a celebrity or something. It doesn't say anything about directly making you rich.

And even if it did, as you said that wouldn't effect what items I'd allow you to buy unless it specifically said otherwise.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 am

Right, finished my character. Meet Dr. Tehina Bint Salad!

Mechanically she's much better backing up other PCs than she is working on her own. My own 'veteran' status is perhaps questionable but hey in a big party a support character comes in handy. (Especially when a successful aid check packs a wallop the size of a cutie mark)

(Her friends call her 'Ta')

EDIT: Character list:

Composed Luthier - Curunir
Rusty Bolt - Zeron
Fire Drop - Felix
Wandering Eye - Dusk Raven
Cobbled Stone - Casey1859
Iggy - Deonte9109*
Tehina bint Salad - Pingcode

*I keep calling him Iggy Pop in my head. Good thing? You decide.

Last edited by Pingcode on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 am

Pingcode wrote:Hey, Fury, Paper Shadow - we're all already in games on this board. You guys want to go competitive applications for that last slot? Could be fun, and it's good writing exercise in any case. Curunir too, if you're interested.
While I doubt there is a spot for us, if there is, I will happily fight you to an application-based death...

Also I don't have permission to see your file...

zer0n wrote:Me and firedrop may take a little longer to get ready, hope this doesn't ruin anything D:
No worries man. As long as you don't just flat out vanish and make everyone wonder where you have gone...

casey1859 wrote:Huh. Tactics. Now that's a word I don't hear very often. I have a bad habit, in RPG style games, of just mashing A for attack and hoping for the best. I didn't realy think of tactics, just what I thought I could flavor well into my character's style.
Well, I usually want to feel safe. I really like Auto-response/immediate counter style attacks coupled with good healing bonuses and lots of HP to hide behind. So what I would probably do is start with Stab, and then Homesick, until I can conjure and hide behind my fire giant.
(Seconded only to Mechanics I REAAALLLY like conjurer classes)
Ah. I see, I see...

Here's your problem. You can't hide behind your Fire Giant. The combat system is designed like an RPG, such as Final Fantasy and whatnot. In those games, you are also able to select what you attack, and the enemies select what they attack. Unless one of your characters has an ability to take an attack targeted at someone else, attacks will always hit their mark. So you can see why I'm concerned when you leave yourself in danger due to Homesick (which could mean nothing if you get a good saving throw roll, but if you don't, it spells big trouble)...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:23 am

Whoops, fixed now. I shall see you on the ponyfield, Paper Shadow! En garde!

On the bright side, Cobble can hide behind Tehina.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 am

Pingcode wrote:Whoops, fixed now. I shall see you on the ponyfield, Paper Shadow! En garde!
Hmm, we both had the idea of characters which main History and provide large bonuses to team mates, as well as non-damage combat builds (although looking at the combat talents of other players, someone who mainly does damage wouldn't be a bad idea)...

Still, I think I've got a chance at this fictional spot...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:13 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Pingcode wrote:Whoops, fixed now. I shall see you on the ponyfield, Paper Shadow! En garde!
Hmm, we both had the idea of characters which main History and provide large bonuses to team mates, as well as non-damage combat builds (although looking at the combat talents of other players, someone who mainly does damage wouldn't be a bad idea)...

Still, I think I've got a chance at this fictional spot...

Glad to hear it, and looking forward to meeting your pony. I may not be the best at mechanical design (still pretty green to the system, even if I'm a quick study), but it's been too long since I've done an honest to goodness writing spar and it should be good for both of us no matter who gets in (or if a sixth newbie crashes on in and knocks us both out of the running).
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Changed All or Nothing to Second Sunrise. Part of this was because I wanted to have some use if something resilient to save ends came up. As for the selection... well, I might have chosen Crescendo, but the way I'd flavored it, most of Wandering Eye's attacks in Nightmare Form are modified versions of the spells he uses normally - so I figured I'd choose something his Nightmare side wouldn't use.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  zer0n Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 pm

ARGH.
Getting slightly overwhelmed by the character alterations me and firedrop have to make, but I'll get to it(hopefully sooner rather than later).
also, haven't been able to get together with felix/firedrop in a while, but I'll talk to him today or friday, so I don't take WAY too long.
thanks for the patience guys! :3

zer0n
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 pm

zer0n wrote:ARGH.
Getting slightly overwhelmed by the character alterations me and firedrop have to make, but I'll get to it(hopefully sooner rather than later).
also, haven't been able to get together with felix/firedrop in a while, but I'll talk to him today or friday, so I don't take WAY too long.
Well, if there are any questions, feel free to ask...

Also, Pingcode, my character for this writing spar is taking some time, but I haven't forgotten. In the meantime, I will point out that, not including us, there is already six players (so we will be, for sure, sitting out of this), and that you forgot to take one last enchantment...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Paper Shadow wrote: In the meantime, I will point out that, not including us, there is already six players (so we will be, for sure, sitting out of this), and that you forgot to take one last enchantment...

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
@Pingcode: I did say I would be running a slightly bigger game than usual. I'd be willing to accept one more player, but be warned that if you and someone new turn up to play, I will take them over you. Sorry in advance if that happens.

In addition, in all technicality the Enchantment does state that you can choose up to four enchantments. I can't imagine a reason you'd want to take less, but if that's what you want, Pingcode...I won't stop you, I suppose!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 pm

@Pingcode's character - ooh, an archaeologist from the university? I suspect Wandering Eye will know or know of her. Facinating...

Which reminds me, I went ahead and swapped out It's Witchcraft for Freaky Knowledge. Wandering Eye wouldn't be a self-respecting Adventurer Archaeologist if he didn't have freaky knowledge of the freaky.

IT'S MY FIRST CHARACTER, I NEED EVERYTHING TO BE RIGHT.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:35 pm

Paper Shadow wrote: In the meantime, I will point out that, not including us, there is already six players (so we will be, for sure, sitting out of this), and that you forgot to take one last enchantment...

@Pingcode: I did say I would be running a slightly bigger game than usual. I'd be willing to accept one more player, but be warned that if you and someone new turn up to play, I will take them over you. Sorry in advance if that happens.

In addition, in all technicality the Enchantment does state that you can choose up to four enchantments. I can't imagine a reason you'd want to take less, but if that's what you want, Pingcode...I won't stop you, I suppose!

> GNUSTO FROTZ

Problem solved!

---

@Pingcode's character - ooh, an archaeologist from the university? I suspect Wandering Eye will know or know of her. Facinating...

Which reminds me, I went ahead and swapped out It's Witchcraft for Freaky Knowledge. Wandering Eye wouldn't be a self-respecting Adventurer Archaeologist if he didn't have freaky knowledge of the freaky.

I love Freaky Knowledge. I've taken it four times across three characters now - it's such a wonderful way to flesh out a character.

Anyway y'know now that you bring it up it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that Tehina and Wandering Eye are former classmates / current colleagues and possibly even good friends. Granted, she's more 'travel the world on the university bit and find something new at the same time' and he's more 'uncover ancient secrets' but that just means there's more differentiation between them. (Though admittedly I'd had Wandering Eye pegged as more of a kind of occult private eye thanks to the name)
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:41 am

I love Freaky Knowledge. I've taken it four times across three characters now - it's such a wonderful way to flesh out a character.

Anyway y'know now that you bring it up it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that Tehina and Wandering Eye are former classmates / current colleagues and possibly even good friends. Granted, she's more 'travel the world on the university bit and find something new at the same time' and he's more 'uncover ancient secrets' but that just means there's more differentiation between them. (Though admittedly I'd had Wandering Eye pegged as more of a kind of occult private eye thanks to the name)[/quote]

Wandering Eye does do some traveling, but he's less about the traveling and more about "finding something new." While his focus of study is slightly different than Tehina's (he focuses a lot on magic, though he does have an interest in history if it's really old), I do imagine there's some overlap between their fields, and they may even have gone on expeditions together, particularly in the early years of Eye's career when he was less focused (I figure he's about in his very late 20s in pony years, possibly early 30s).

He actually does do some detective work, though this is largely a hobby/a way of paying the bills when the University doesn't have an expedition to anywhere he'd like to be. Or something he does if he has to stay in one place for any period, likely because he's doing some research or figuring out what the hay he's recently discovered (sometimes eldritch secrets take a lot of mulling over).
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:39 am

Argh!

I know I've probably said this before, but you know how in Wonderbolt Academy, Pinkie Pie is standing in front of a mailbox, opening it, then closing it, then opening it, ad infinitum? That's me.

I imagine AProcrastinatingWriter is, well, procrastinating, but in his defense there might be a couple who haven't sent in their character sheets yet...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:47 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Argh!

I know I've probably said this before, but you know how in Wonderbolt Academy, Pinkie Pie is standing in front of a mailbox, opening it, then closing it, then opening it, ad infinitum? That's me.

I imagine AProcrastinatingWriter is, well, procrastinating, but in his defense there might be a couple who haven't sent in their character sheets yet...

zer0n wrote:ARGH.

That being said, could I get a quick rollcall just to make sure people haven't gotten bored and left?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:35 am

Here!
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Still present, of course!
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Present!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Here as well.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:47 am

I be here.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:50 am

Pingcode wrote:I be here.

Splendid! Pingcode, we must confer! In the words of FiD!Rarity, we must compare notes and build a rich, deep connection between our families!

Well, maybe not that far, but I'd still like to finalize the status of our characters' dynamic. I do so love planning and worldbuilding before the campaign even starts...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:03 am

I may not be a future player of this campaign. Will be keeping an eye on it. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:40 am

Dusk Raven, thank you for reminding me.

Uh, not necessary but certainly helpful for me + future roleplaying on your part: where do you guys' characters live right now, what's the basics of your background (For those who dont' already have it on their character sheets), who do you know why do you know 'em

These are examples of a long list of questions I would ask you and would like you to choose which ones to answer. I do not, however, have a complete list, so I'll just ask this way and let those questions serve as mere examples of the kinds of questions I would theoretically ask if I could expand on this: tell me about your characters and why they are who they are and who they are going to be.

You don't have to make it complicated.

Also, I'm sorry to make this post even longer, but I've got some important news here: I'm going to be gone Friday, Saturday, Sunday this week, so maybe it would be a good idea to say we'll start on Monday once I get back. If anyone has any problems with that or is willing to start sooner with the caveat that I'll be leaving and coming back pretty shortly afterwards, that is fine just let me know and I'll see what can be done.

As an expansion on that, if zeron and Fire Drop are both not done and have not checked in to explain how done they are by that point, they won't be able to play...at least not from the beginning, anyway. I'm sorry, I know it's harsh, but we gotta get things going here. That also applies for anyone else who might be wanting to play.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:04 am

Let's see, would you like that in PMs or in this thread?

This is really just a placeholder post since it's too late for me to post the info now, though I do have some of it in mind. Also, I need time to think of a suitable pony name pun for some city in the real-world New England area... and if possible, Arkham.

(My character has quite a few Lovecraft motifs going on, and a recurring location in Lovecraft's works was the New England town of Arkham and its Miskatonic University. And it does, by the way, have an asylum. I would absolutely love to recreate such a place in pony form...)
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next