Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 21 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:32 pm

I blame jury duty... Because it's now over for me.

Also I haven't really thought much about how to advance the plot and I've meant to ask if I should try to use Lunar's super-perception skills to see if I can learn more about what Wandering was looking at.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 21 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:49 pm

It's decidedly possible that you might - but of course you will need a higher roll than he got.

I know that goes without saying, but as a general rule whenever you encounter something that goes without saying you go ahead and say it. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Arcana Check, mostly just to see if Wander can pick up what Shimmer did. Roll: 19 + 12 (skill) + 1 (grandeur) = 30(?).

Also, a Perception Check: 18 + 12 (skill) + 1 (grandeur) = 19(?).
Um... I just noticed that Dusk is bad at math.. Or he's leaving something out here... I mean That arcana total should be 32 and the Perception check was a 31...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:53 pm

Important to consider in the future, but no real difference in effect.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Just to be sure, I'm trying to get roll of 35 to get more info?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Just to be sure, I'm trying to get roll of 35 to get more info?
I guess, unless there is nothing left to learn...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:57 pm

I'd have no problem prodding things along but I'm trying to avoid a hostile takeover of the story Razz. I know magically-powerful character tend to do that, and "magic fixes EVERYTHING" describes Brilliant's worldview perfectly, but it's not particularly fun for everyone else.

If I'm talking too much, please let me know!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Don't worry. We all think we are in the spotlight. It's a thing I've forgot the name of, but it's true. Only when someone completely dominates the spotlight does people notice it. Feel free to prod along, young one. You deal with the magic, and I'll deal with the heavy lifting...

I mean, until you remember you have Advanced Ponykinesis, that is...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:00 pm

So is that an endorsement of the hostile takeover Razz? Because if so, then I see her stumbling across Sombra's journal, reverse-engineering his magic, and declaring herself Queen Shimmer, Sorcerer Supreme of Equestria and Queen of all Unicorns!

You can all help. I suppose. She'll probably need someone to carry her throne!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:51 am

Only if Queen Shimmer will help Wandering Eye find Maretorok's temple!

...I have no excuse for not posting other than that I've spent a lot of the day asleep, out of the house, or watching the pilot of a television series.

Unfortunately, if Wandering Eye is anything like me, he's going to be all "Let's stay back, it could be dangerous." But that hasn't exactly stopped him before (unless he learned from that experience), so maybe he'll try something. Of course, he's not stupid, so he won't do anything rash... but that won't stop him from tinkering.

Maybe he just hasn't encountered anything capable of utterly destroying him yet. At least not without giving him a chance to resist. As a result, he hasn't learned to treat everything unknown as though it could kill you if you touch it, like I have.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:56 am

"Absolutely! Your Queen is a patron of all of the arts and sciences!"

That's why I left it open for everyone else to decide what to do. Brilliant just believes her magic can solve every possible problem so she'll go along with whatever!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 am

Magic makes it all complete, eh?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 am

Less "The Magic of Friendship", more "The Magic of Brilliant Shimmer". Maybe that will change over the course of the game. Or maybe she'll go MAD WITH POWER and turn into a villain! Who knows! Razz
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:43 am

Sorry for the double post, but I totally forgot about the Magical Tricks bonus.

Also, I love how we've reduced Scorch to a +1 check modifier at this point (+5 check, +1 Scorch) Razz.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:47 am

Xel Unknown wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:Arcana Check, mostly just to see if Wander can pick up what Shimmer did. Roll: 19 + 12 (skill) + 1 (grandeur) = 30(?).

Um... I just noticed that Dusk is bad at math.. Or he's leaving something out here... I mean That arcana total should be 32 and the Perception check was a 31...

Oops. I must have derped that day. I just don't know what went wrong...

But if 30 gets nothing more than 19, not much difference in effect.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:28 am

Retrokinesis wrote:Also, I love how we've reduced Scorch to a +1 check modifier at this point (+5 check, +1 Scorch) :P.
Good to know how the party sees me...

It's not even my final form. I have Instant-Party waiting in the wings for when we get a chance and when I remember it at the same time...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:

It's not just 30 and 19, it's 30 in Arcana and 19 in Perception. They're two different skills designed to service different things.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:07 pm

But I mean the d20 rolls... I assume that's what the first number is... So that's why I'm confused.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:54 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:

It's not just 30 and 19, it's 30 in Arcana and 19 in Perception. They're two different skills designed to service different things.

It's actually 32 in Arcana and 31 in Perception.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Yes but

Okay the first one I was estimating on and the second one I admit I got wrong.

I'll post stuff when my computer isn't at 10% power ohshi
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  casey1859 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Yeah, I'm guilty of just sitting around all day watching Merlin and Supernatural.

BUT I'M BACK.
casey1859
casey1859
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:35 pm

-cracks neck- Alright then. Just two left now I believe?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Just missing... Lunar now, I believe?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:08 am

I'd love to do a post... But... I'm only drawing a total blank about what to have Lunar do.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:27 am

Then just roll the necessary stealth check and leave it flavorless.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next