Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+11
Pingcode
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Firedrop23
zer0n
deonte9109
Curunir
SilentBelle
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
15 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 31 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Huh? Whole? I'm not sure what you mean?

*is totally clueless*

Your right... I didn't play the whole latest timberwolf fight aftermath that well... Sad
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 31 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Dusk Raven Thu May 30, 2013 4:04 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:*head slowly hits table*

Okay, I know I said that after a day or two I'd force the issue, but I didn't think that would mean that nobody would post at all. In fact, that doesn't make sense.

I want people to tell me why they aren't posting, because clearly there is some underlying problem occurring that isn't going to be solved by making the party undergo something unpleasant. Speak up.

I'm waiting for Shimmer to work on the barrier, but more urgently than that I'm waiting to see who else is going to help Wandering Eye move the bodies before I commit to the task. Magic Makes It All Complete only goes so far, after all. Even with Advanced Ponykinesis he can only lift 100 pounds. How much does a pony weigh, anyway?

I imagine some people might be afraid to post because of the impending doom. Or are just busy.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Well I think Lunar's mostly just blocked out for the moment the fact that timberwolves where harmed as badly as they were... So I'd say Do a post suggesting to Lunar to help will snap him into action to help Wondering move the bodies and maybe see if they're alive...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I was also waiting for Retro, as well as considering starting carrying characters up, but I believe the post limit, mostly the OOC part, has scared people into not posting. No one wants to suggest anything or do anything in case someone disagrees, resulting in a good chunk of posts wasted just to sort something out. I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the only one who was like "nononono" when Lunar was heading into the cave, and I consider myself somewhat of an instigator. We couldn't even agree on a course of action from the ideas above. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I believe that some sort of alarm going off is inevitable. Even if we hide the guards, if someone heads up the cave, we'll have to deal with them as well, and what if some ponies are coming from the forest behind us? We can't stop them unless we watch the cave entrance, but then we'd be splitting the party. If the guards wake up, they'll just go trigger an alarm as well. They have a pegasus, so they can definitely get down (or at least one can). And judging by the different tracks that was spotted earlier and what we were warned about earlier by the timberwolves and whatnot, then this cave is something we don't want to brute force though, so we can't go in not caring about the alarm, but at the same time we don't want to split the party, even though that increases our protection against the alarm...

Still, I shall roll Athletics to carry the ponies into the hole, but we still need Retro to post if we want to actually enter the cave...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu May 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Iggy wouldve went straight into the cave but the aforementioned force field prevents that option s as of now he's sulking I guess trying to think of a different course of action.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:(Also, Xel, you forgot to add Scorch's bonuses to your Perception. With Grandeur and Instant-Party, you get +2...)
Added that into my post now.. I seem to always forget such bonusi...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 30, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm sorry for imposing the time limit so literally ooc as well as in character. I wasn't trying to be overly strict, I just wanted to let you guys know that due to the imposing doom you guys would have a very limited time IC to work with, and that I also wasn't going to let the OOC spiral into something ridiculously involved.

That's why I didn't say what the time limit is; I myself don't know. All I do know for sure is that after a certain point I'm going to look at how much talking has gone on and say "yeah, this has passed the point of reasonable discourse; something's gonna happen."

Don't be afraid to post. Just don't go overboard either.

..oh, and Xel, the hole in the ceiling is a leftover effect of one of Brilliant Shimmer's attacks...her special attack, actually.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Thu May 30, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm so sorry, one of my close relatives died recently and I've been making arrangements. Not unexpected but still sad. I'll get write on posting Brilliant's actions when I get a chance.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu May 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Aw, geeze, take all the time you need, Retro. I'm so sorry.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Alright, so at this point Retro has not shown up in more than a week.

This is not to say I wish the game to go on without her; quite the opposite. She doesn't deserve to be left out because of something beyond her control.

But things have been dead for so long, and we were having such fun, I have to ask you guys: do you want to do something else instead until she comes back?

If the general consensus is yes, you'll have to wait about a day for me to make something up, and then I'll make a new topic for us to post in - a non-canon side story for the enjoyment of those currently waiting. What say you all?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Will it be a slice of life adventure? Like trying to get the weekly shopping but finding that the most valued thing on the shopping list is out of stock, and having to obtain some before supper time?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Maybe a slice-of-life adventure that eventually sprawls into a terrorist plot to assassinate Celestia.

Maybe not.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:37 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Maybe a slice-of-life adventure that eventually sprawls into a terrorist plot to assassinate Celestia.

Maybe not.
Only if it ends with Celestia saying "Why do you guys try this every week?" and the common things you see at the end of sitcoms, complete with ending theme and canned laughter...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm back! Sorry for the delay; kind of a nightmare, but it's over now!

I'll get cracking on that barrier immediately!
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Is okay, is okay. I'm glad you're doing fine.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:04 pm

...Does this mean no shopping adventure?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Maybe in my next campaign. Or the next time somebody can't play for like a week due to circumstances beyond their control.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:29 pm

BTW, are people still following along with this campaign before we continue? I'm certain some of you are, but I'd like to check and make sure at least the majority of you are gonna keep on trucking.

Not that I blame you if you aren't, of course.

So far I can see:
Xel
Paper
Retro
Dusk
denonte

So I guess really I just want
casey and
Curunir

to check in.

I won't be holding up the game until they post or anything; just waiting for certain confirmations (especially one I received a PM about) before I say "okay, everypony in the cave". Plus something still needs to be done about those other three collars, hint hint.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm waiting for Retro to tell the party about what those collars do. Since they were designed for timberwolves, we'd be a dead giveaway if we wore them, but we also need to get them away from the timberwolves before they reform. Also, you said the guards were wearing masks. How would one go about taking one of these masks off? They would make better disguises for the ponies. Well, after another arcana check. Don't want the party to be wear them if it turns out there is some mind-control magic in them. Innocents could be hurt...

After that though, I'll know what I want to do next...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 pm

It would technically be a mechanics check to take off the masks, but on the other hand it'd be one that's pretty hard to fail. DC 10, maybe 15.

Hey, even the easy masks have stuff that attaches them to the face - stuff you can screw up when trying for removal.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Sorry, been preparing for a coming trip...
Speaking of which, I'm leaving for 2 weeks starting this Wednesday evening, and may not have internet access where I'm going (yet to decide if I'm bringing the computer either). Feel free to keep things moving or not as you see fit, I might be able to post while on vacation anyways (but then again I may not. In any case, I will be on the internet less often).

If there's combat while I'm gone, I surrender control of Luthier to AProc or whoever thinks they would slow down combat the least, or leave my character out of combat. Outside of combat he'll follow the majority of the group if I'm unable to post.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:59 pm

If they entrust your character to me I solemnly swear to keep your character as useful and in-character as I possibly can.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Sure is Zarbon in here...

Think I'll be going ahead and moving the game along in a few hours, despite the fact that I know people have more things to do. To be blunt, we've waited long enough.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Drat, would have really liked that Arcana check...

Okay Writer, the guards will live. If my current hypothesis is correct, I risk more in the long run by killing them than I do in the short run by letting them live...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:47 pm

What Arcana check would that be? I made one to detect enchantments already, was there something else?
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next