Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+4
deonte9109
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
8 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 11 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Gearick grimaced as the response, to the question, stating. "Well, now we have no clue who or what knocked on the door..." After this he sighed, stating. "Ah well, its a natural reaction really. So its not really your fault." After this, he put a hoof under his chin, as he began to think. "Now then, lets get thinking here. Its obvious that the ponies out there are also infect by Blue Moon. The question is, was it simply spread from pony to pony or is there a second mode of transmission... and second, more important. Who would benefit from infecting the town with this posion? Third of course, is where would we find Red Oak?"

(I am going to get results for the history checks I made?)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Gearick grimaced as the response, to the question, stating. "Well, now we have no clue who or what knocked on the door..." After this he sighed, stating. "Ah well, its a natural reaction really. So its not really your fault." After this, he put a hoof under his chin, as he began to think. "Now then, lets get thinking here. Its obvious that the ponies out there are also infect by Blue Moon. The question is, was it simply spread from pony to pony or is there a second mode of transmission... and second, more important. Who would benefit from infecting the town with this posion? Third of course, is where would we find Red Oak?"

"I'm assuming we get our water from the Neighara, so likely it comes into the town at one point, where they could just poison our water source from that....However that seems to be unlikely, as that imply that the poison is A) very dangerous even in very small quantities, or B) they've got a large amount of the poison, both of which seem unlikely. Airborne seems unlikely, also.  Likely the only means of transmision is via bodily fluid contact.  Now as to why, there's a few ideas I can think of.  There's the ever popular death cult.  It also possible this is a means of softening up the nation for invasion.  Beyond that, I'm not sure what else it could be."

"On a different topic, we might want to barricade the window. Or at least pull a curtain.  I suspect that they'll lose interest if they can't see us."

Storm pulls a curtain across the window, obscuring the view.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Dodger headed back to the group.

"Water's easy enough to find," said Dodger. "I can get some from the sink. But someone took all the sugar in this house."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:24 pm

"Wonder if they took the sugar because they needed it, or to deny it to any potential infectees.  Lets look around the rest of the house."

@Bronymous
Can we have a map of the first floor?

Storm goes to pull a curtain over the other window.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:45 pm

"Doubt this is the start of an invasion, there are not enough creatures here to quickly spread this thing unless that's their original point. On top of that how are we even sure that this is even pony-made? All of this could very well be nature taking over. I'm not saying that this is the case but it is something that we should keep in mind. These creatures react on instinct which would make them a little hard to control. Hmm Red Oak....That might be a tree my tribe uses..."
History:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:16 pm

deonte9109 wrote:"Doubt this is the start of an invasion, there are not enough creatures here to quickly spread this thing unless that's their original point. On top of that how are we even sure that this is even pony-made? All of this could very well be nature taking over. I'm not saying that this is the case but it is something that we should keep in mind. These creatures react on instinct which would make them a little hard to control. Hmm Red Oak....That might be a tree my tribe uses..."
History:
"Well, what I meant was, not that infectees are the main invasion force, just a diversion to weaken everypony. As to why I think its pony-made, Figurehead mentioned that he'd been asked to make some by somepony, but that he'd refused. There are also references in the library to the substance being made a long time ago. I doubt the two are coincidence. As for this being natural? That is a possibility, but the timing is suspicious. We have Celestia being killed, monsters attacking towns, and now this plague. It very much seems like there's some sinister intent behind all this."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Kanen knows that the deer make use of many types of trees, an dhow to differentiate between them- but not which is specifically is "Red Oak".
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:14 am

Kanen mulled over Storm's insight and cursed his tribe's lack of knowledge about Red Oak.
"Hmm, but the question is why and why here?" He paced for a brief second. "Didn't somebody say this house belonged to somepony? You wouldn't happen to know where they are right now would you?"
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:31 am

"This is Figurehead's mansion. He's the one who told me and Star what the antidote was. So this is as good a place as any to look for clues. Apart from that, the last place we saw him was at the Mayor's office, so its likely he's still there, if he's not here."

Storm starts heading to the puzzle chest room. "Oh, we were doing a puzzle before the fight earlier. I'm still curious as to what it reveals."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:44 am

"A puzzle?" Gearick asked, confused and curious. "What type of puzzle?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:12 am

"Something about opening chests," said Dodger, following Storm back into the room.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:55 pm

"Then we should look for him and ask for his assistance. Maybe even give him some assistance seeing as how the town is being overrun by those things. Naturally we search for him after it is safe to go outside."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:59 pm

"I doubt that anyone's going to still be around here." Gearick said, shaking his head at the deer's words. "Excluding that well dressed Unicorn admittedly. These... chests interest me. If Figurehead knew about the Blue Moon poison, and how to make the antidote... maybe, just maybe... he has the antidote already." With that said, the unicorn moved after Dodger, interested in the chests as well.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:11 pm

"And your guess is based off of what? You've barely explored the town and memory serves correct there are still some non-not zombified creatures in this town. Figurehead could have just as easily barricaded himself inside a building like we have. I mean even a child could have guessed that but you're a little too focused on your aggression at me which as far as I know is unfounded. So please next time before you speak at all especially to me please be sure that you know what you are talking about. Besides it's at least worth a try. We can't stay in here forever, pretty sure the food here would not sustain us for long." Kanen headed upstairs. "Did anypony check upstairs when we got here?"
Perception:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:16 pm

"Anyone with any common sense would have long fled the town." Gearick explained, rolling his eyes at the deer's stupidity. Didn't he ever learn that Gearick was smarter than him, and knew what he was talking about. "Yes, some ponies could of barricaded themselves in, but the likelihood is slim, with the infecteses as strong as they are. We only managed to do so with specific and potent magic, I doubt they all can do that. Additionally, even if there are some other ponies still out there, trying to find them is inefficient, unlikely to give us much in return considering we can be doing things like creating an antidote, finding out what's caused this, and saving the friend under the waterfall."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:24 pm

The chests are still there, being chests, chesting about.

Upstairs the smell from before is much stronger. The landing exits onto the corner of a T shaped hallway. There are a number of rooms in each direction. In two of th ehallways there are small tables along the wall, each of which were clearly at some point holding a number of objects- once, as now the objects litter the floor around them. Down the right hand hallway, another wall mirror lays shattered on the floor, and there are a number of cracks along the walls in the right and south halls.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 pm

"So seeing as how you're still here that means that you have no common sense then right? You must always consider all possibilities." Kanen called down. "Hey that smell is getting stronger up here guys. And there is more damage up here as well."
Perception:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:30 pm

"I'm not exactly stuck here by choice moron!"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Cardbo wrote:"On the other hand, that symbol does look familiar. Hold on." Storm rummages through his saddlebag for his notepad, and looks at the instructions he wrote down and compares the symbol in the chest.
OOC:Posted the above. Didn't get clarification on how the instructions in the dining room matched whats here.

"Guys, we're not enemies here!" Storm softens his voice. "And somepony, well someponies, since nopony should go off exploring on their own, should check upstairs and the left side of the house."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:23 am

The notes that referenced the symbol made no mention of chests. The symbol was called the "Key to the Unlocked Room", and then later there is a note that somehow relates the "unlocked room" to the "void" from earlier. The rest of the notes seem to be extrapolation and educated guesses on how they all fit together.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:27 am

"Ponies aren't violent creatures by nature. If we are to do this minigame, I'd advise just slicing open the lids of the chests. We are on three separate clocks now, and lagging to find puzzle-loot could be our physical downfall, let alone our moral one." Emerald shakes her head, and heads to the chest room. "If he was properly paranoid, every single chest would be trapped, with the intent to poison a would-be burglar to death for following proper etiquette while robbing. But if it will get you to hurry up and fix things, I'll cut the Gordian knot here."

She checks the opened and already-sprung trap chest for any indication that the lids of the chests would trigger traps if removed, as opposed to the latch-based trap that did trigger (or another way to open all the chests with ease without worrying about traps, like smashing the side of one in).

Perception:
Roll(1d20)+11:
20,+11
Total:31
(Non-CMC crit)
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:18 am

Gearick followed, nodding in agreement to Emerald's suggestion, stating. "Your right, we don't have time for it. If we are going to brute-force our way through the chests, I should be able to quickly create something that help us break them open."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Gearick followed, nodding in agreement to Emerald's suggestion, stating. "Your right, we don't have time for it. If we are going to brute-force our way through the chests, I should be able to quickly create something that help us break them open."
"I don't mind getting some hints, but destroying the puzzle to solve it? What I'm worried, is that brute-forcing the puzzle destroys whatever reward would've been offered."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 pm

"He would kill a pony for following proper etiquette?" asked Dodger. "Some ponies are SO rude. And I have to agree with Storm. Of course we can check to see if all the chests are poisoned but I don't want to ruin the treasure inside."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Upstairs:
The right hand hallway is damaged, and between the books strewn about and the smashed mirror, there doesn't seem to be anything you can make use of in it. There are three doors, one about halfway down the right wall, the other two facing each other at the end of the hall. There is a shattered window on the wall between them, but no glass on the floor inside.

Downstairs:
Emerald immediately detects a magical force crisscrossing the chest. Upon further magical inspection, she's able to determine that the magic is running through what appears to be a complicated circuit, like electricty. There is no source of the magic, but the way it is flowing means it must be constantly running, connected to some unseen location. Moreover, the magic wires seem to be acting as triggers. It would appear that any deliberate force against the chest, including removing it from the wall, would activate the trap, as well would tampering with the magical charge within the chest. It would appear the only truly safe way to unlock and open these chests is with the proper key.

Within the range of her magical detection, she also can feel a... presence, or magical pressure, she isn't sure what, coming from the second floor.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next