Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+4
deonte9109
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
8 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 12 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:36 pm

"So I am getting super bad vibes from this place. We really should find what need now and leave."
Perception:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 am

Emerald's head turns sharply upwards. "There's something upstairs. I caught it on the edge of my detection scrying these boxes. Don't try to break them, they're in a feedback loop type enchantment, it wouldn't be good if the circuit was shorted, unfortunately."

The topic switch was kept in the most casual of tones. If anything, the box-topic was more pronounced, just in case something was eavesdropping but could only get intonation from through the floor. "Might be a lodestone, might be our ticket out. I'll check it out, better than this foal's errand. Once the key is known, these should open fine and send magic to an output conduit."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 am

"Alright, not brute force." Gearick huffed. "Honestly, why did this thing have to be made so complicated? We don't have time for this nonsense."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:32 am

"Ok, but before you go upstairs Emerald, could you and everypony come to the dining room for a moment, please?" Storm starts heading in the direction of the dining room. "Want to see if anypony can make heads or tails of this."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Dodger follows Storm into the dining room.

"I certainly can't, but I was never good at understanding magic anyway," said Dodger.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Kanen opens the first door on the right, and finds what might be a guest bedroom, though it is very sparse. There is only a small cot to sleep on, an unassuming desk and chest of drawers, and that's it. The desk is bare, and its drawers are empty except for a scrap of paper. It is mostly blank, with a small circle of green and blue not quite in the center. In the chest of drawers, there is an old looking leather hat, and a broken, rusty pickaxe.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Gearick decided to leave the chest room as well, wondering what Storm was confused about this time.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Dodger follows Storm into the dining room.

"I certainly can't, but I was never good at understanding magic anyway," said Dodger.
"Can you look around and see if you find something that looks like a key?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Dodger does his best to look for a key, addled by the poison.

Perception: 1d20 (12) + 10 - 2 = 20
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:01 am

Emerald looks about. "We really have bigger worries, you know..."

Nevertheless, she gives a cursory look about in the spots he didn't seem to look deeply, though her eye for detail looked over things and just switched back again to getting out. "If we can't get the boxes, the infected certainly can't either, we can come back. Other things may be more important right now."

Perception Aid Another:
Roll(1d20)+11:
18,+11
Total:29
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:33 am

"A key? For what, the chests?" Gearick questioned, a hint of frustration in his voice as he began searching as well, through he was being rather swift about it. Knowing that the clock was ticking down

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:19 pm

"Well, what I meant was those, who aren't magically inclined, should search for key.  For those who are, I wanted to see if you could puzzle anything out from the blackboard."  Storm gestures to overturned dining room table with a lit candle on each leg, and the blackboard with strange symbols and numbers on it.  "There's also suspiciously empty picture frame over there, but I don't know if thats related..."  Storm removes the empty picture fram and examines it and the wall behind it closely.

OOC:Peception.
Roll(1d20)+7:
8,+7
Total:15
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Aside form the key from the first chest, Dodger can't find any that may be related. There's one big rusty old style key, in the desk with the unlit lantern, but that doesn't appear to open anything he's seen so far, and certainly wouldn't fit the chests.

When Storm tries to move the picture frame, he is stricken with a nauseating sensation, as if everything had suddenly flipped upsidedown. The extreme vertigo lasts until he releases the frame, which remains stuck in place.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:29 pm

Bronymous wrote:

When Storm tries to move the picture frame, he is stricken with a nauseating sensation, as if everything had suddenly flipped upsidedown. The extreme vertigo lasts until he releases the frame, which remains stuck in place.
Storm backs away from the picture frame unsteadily.  "Something is definitely strange about that picture frame.  Felt like the room flipped upside when I touched it."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 pm

"No luck on the key front, I'm afraid," said Dodger. "If I had to guess all the keys for the chests are in the chest room."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:16 am

Emerald shakes her head. "This is all a waste of time. Very precious time, too. He's clearly odd-minded, though circle magic might be highly suspect, I doubt it has anything to do with us."

Nevertheless, she still gives the lightest magical prodding to the circle, trying to gauge the school of magic and its purpose.

"Don't forget something is alive on the top floor, by the by." She adds, somewhat passive-aggressively.

Arcana:
Roll(1d20)+12:
8,+12
Total:20
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:35 am

"True. But I don't see like we have much options, unless you want to sneaking out of the house and towards the falls, our only options are to follow up what leads we have here. After we finish up here, you mentioned checking out that magical presence on the second floor. I suggest you take at least one other pony, if not more. We don't know what we're dealing with here."

OOC:Just out of curiosity, what happened to Koli? I'm assuming she's still unconscious after we brought her in.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:00 pm

"Remind me again why we are looking for a key to the chests and not just picking the locks?" Gearick questioned, feeling a bit out of sorts and out of his league here... hopefully he would be able to adjust. And soon.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"Remind me again why we are looking for a key to the chests and not just picking the locks?" Gearick questioned, feeling a bit out of sorts and out of his league here... hopefully he would be able to adjust. And soon.
"You can try if want, but remember there's an enchantment on the chests themselves that detects tampering.  Does it extend merely to breaking the locks, or does it include picking as well?  That I'm not sure of."

Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:13 am

"It would be a poor spellsmith indeed that protects from one and not the other. Most only protect the locks, forgetting that wood is much easier to crack than metal, but if the wood is warded, the mechanisms will be as well. Fine manipulation is when we are at our most vulnerable."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:52 am

Storm stares at the empty picture frame for a while. "I'd like to try something. I think this room is upside down. I think moving the picture frame will return it to normal. But! What I want to know first, is whether removing those candles from the table legs will break any arcane preparations currenly on the room. I don't want to light the dining room on fire once the table flips."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:54 am

"You think the entire room is upside down, and we haven't even noticed?" Gearick asked, blinking in surprise. "That's... an interesting theory." The unicorn decided not to bring up the subject of fine manipulation for now, he felt like there was no need.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:47 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"You think the entire room is upside down, and we haven't even noticed?" Gearick asked, blinking in surprise. "That's... an interesting theory." The unicorn decided not to bring up the subject of fine manipulation for now, he felt like there was no need.
"Or possibly that room can just be flipped. If you notice the dining room table is upside down."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:35 pm

"I wondering why it was like that..." Gearick mused, as he examined the table and the candles on it. "So you suggest we remove the candles, than the frame?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"I wondering why it was like that..." Gearick mused, as he examined the table and the candles on it. "So you suggest we remove the candles, than the frame?"
"Or rotate it. But I received a whole lot of vertigo when I tried to remove the frame."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next