Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+4
deonte9109
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
8 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 29 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Bells suddenly realizes where she remembers such an alicorn from. Thinking of one specific story she was told, she moves herself between the alicorn and Snuggles, crouching defensively. "Even if you are from just some story of my foalhood, I will not let you touch a single hair on Snuggles's body, got it?" Bells starts gathering energy around her horn, her magic an unusually menacing looking silver.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:43 am

Storm:
Still fairly oblivious to Dodger and Koli, you drift about. You realize that you have no sense of movement or time, and you feel as if you are falling asleep. You feel lost, like you've forgotten something important, but you're too tired and too comfortable to care. Everything has gone oppressively quiet. Then, faintly, a voice from nowhere. "Oh, I remember you. Best not to get lost, you're still of use to me."
Suddenly you are fully awake and conscious, looking at a full sized Koli as she watches Dodger hungrily.

Dodger:
Koli watches you, and advances. She sways back and forth, as if drunk. "Help... hungry... hurts..." her horns glow to life, some spell or another firing off into the nothingness. She clumsily grabs at Storm and Dodger, and then falls over.

Kanen, Bells:
As Bells takes a defensive stance around her pet, Kanen's arrow is deflected by the Alicorn in a shower of sparks, which very effectively blind Bells. This also prevents her from getting a very good look at the enemy- red Alicorn from the stories will have to do for now. As she tries to read his presence magically, though, she detects nothing. Did he disappear, or was he never there to begin with?

Oh wait, there he is. Kanen once again barely misses being hit by lightning from the now airborne assailant, who continues after him as if the others aren't even there.

This concept is echoed by Snuggles voice in Bells head, as soon as he calms down. "What are you even doing? Quit that!"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:58 am

"Kuso merde!" Kanen hissed under his breath running from the alicorn. "Lucky for you he only wants me so I guess you're safe from this nightmare. Maybe see you in some other dream." He calls out running off.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:12 am

Bronymous wrote:Storm:
Still fairly oblivious to Dodger and Koli, you drift about. You realize that you have no sense of movement or time, and you feel as if you are falling asleep. You feel lost, like you've forgotten something important, but you're too tired and too comfortable to care. Everything has gone oppressively quiet. Then, faintly, a voice from nowhere. "Oh, I remember you. Best not to get lost, you're still of use to me."
Suddenly you are fully awake and conscious, looking at a full sized Koli as she watches Dodger hungrily.

Dodger:
Koli watches you, and advances. She sways back and forth, as if drunk. "Help... hungry... hurts..." her horns glow to life, some spell or another firing off into the nothingness. She clumsily grabs at Storm and Dodger, and then falls over.

Storm picks up Koli and places her on his back. "Eh. Maybe its about time we found the others."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:03 am

Bells thinks for a moment. What am I doing? She facehooves, picks up Snuggles and puts him on her back, then runs after the deer. "Where are we? And I still don't know your name."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:25 am

"Hmm..lets see here." Storm chooses another direction at random and concentrates on finding his friends.

OOC:Streetwise.
Roll(1d20)+7:
18,+7
Total:25

Reality Check: Heal(10) - Knowledge(7)
Roll(1d20)+3:
10,+3
Total:13
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Dodger assists Storm in holding up Koli - surely no one pony could hold up something that size on his own.

"I couldn't agree more," said Dodger. "We've spent far too long away from the rest of our merry gang already."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Dodger, Storm:
Dodger goes to help Storm pick up Koli, and is absolutely flabbergasted when he picks up the fun size little owl thing and carries her.
Storm, meanwhile, attempts top track down the others, but it is immediately apparent that that is impossible. No tail to follow, no idea of direction, no place to start. Directions are practically meaningless here. He does spy Gearick though, several meters, or maybe miles, below him. Moreover, the voice comes in again, though it's intended audience is uncertain. "Now how did they all get in here... maybe..."

Kanen, Bells:
Bells runs after Kanen, chasing closely behind the flying alicorn. She had almost caught up to him when he vanishes, and she nearly ruins healing into Kanen again.
Kanen himself finds himself in a clearing, with a Now all too familiar alicorn eyeing him. Once again, he snorts and paws the ground, and then charges at you, flinging another lightning bolt, just like before.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 pm

Bells walks up to the red alicorn, berating herself for not thinking straight earlier. "I know you hate all non-ponies, but could we please talk before you kill him? His friends and I entered some strange void thing to save him, and I do not even know his name, or yours, or even where we all are."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Kanen curses again and pushed himself the unknown pony away from the alicorn.
"Look talking with this creature isn't going to work and if you really know who I am and the ponies I came in with, go back and wake me up."
Spoiler:
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Bronymous wrote:Dodger,  Storm:
Dodger goes to help Storm pick up Koli, and is absolutely flabbergasted when he picks up the fun size little owl thing and carries her.
Storm, meanwhile, attempts top track down the others, but it is immediately apparent that that is impossible. No tail to follow, no idea of direction, no place to start. Directions are practically meaningless here. He does spy Gearick though, several meters, or maybe miles, below him. Moreover, the voice comes in again, though it's intended audience is uncertain. "Now how did they all get in here... maybe..."

"Well, there's Gearick, lets see if we can catch up with him."  Storm starts heading towards Gearick.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 am

"We do not know how to do that, so we came into the void here to see if we could awaken you from here."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 am

Gearick staggered and looked around, trying to get through his vertigo and get a sense of what was happening and where they where. This place was already getting confusion, with Koli going from small size to big size all at once. As he tried to sort his head out, he called outloud to the others. "Any idea where Kanen and Bells are?!"

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:14 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Gearick staggered and looked around, trying to get through his vertigo and get a sense of what was happening and where they where. This place was already getting confusion, with Koli going from small size to big size all at once. As he tried to sort his head out, he called outloud to the others. "Any idea where Kanen and Bells are?!"

Perception:

Approaching Gearick, he called out. "Sorry, no idea. Lets stick together and see if we can find them."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Dodger just follows Storm as best he can, his sense of space distorted thanks to him attempting to pick up an owl monster that was apparently not full size.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:15 am

Bells:
As you try and reason with the Alicorn, you are suddenly reamed hard by Kanen. The impact causes you to bite your tongue, and you taste blood- quite a bit of blood actually. You try and spiral again, but the pain makes it impossible to form words. As if that wasn't enough, you were distracted long enough that the deer and Alicorn are now both out of sight, obscured by the snow and trees. It is dead quiet around you. Snuggles looks at you impatiently, but remains quiet.

Kanen:
Once again you are being chased by the Alicorn, through thesane trees, the same lighting bolts exploding around you, as if the universe is mocking you. It occurs to you that this time, you didn't even make the conscious decision to run away. It just sort of happened on reflex, like your body no longer cares what your brain thinks, and is doing what it should be doing.

Storm, Dodger, Gearick:
While calling out to Gearick is easy enough, getting to him turns out not to be. As he is beneath you, trying to turn downwards proves to be awkward and inane. Storm merely floats downward until he makes contact with the "surface" Dodger has been walking on, and Dodger can only crouch, then lay down.
Gearick is in a similar conundrum, unable to approach the two below him. But as calls to them, something catches his eye. When he looks, It's gone, and then he notices it again at the corner of his vision. Looking again, it again vanishes.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:34 pm

"How did this even happen?" asked Dodger, looking for a way - any way - to get down.

Perception: 1d20 (2) + 9 = 11 like a boss
Reality Check (Arcana): 1d20 (3) + 6 - 5 = 4 LIKE A BOSS
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Bells sits and gently bites her foreleg, letting her thick fur soak up the blood from her tongue. Too bad she didn't have any bandages with her, or even the cloak she wears when it's not stiflingly hot.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:43 pm

"Looks like we'll have to go around. Unless anypony has any ideas?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 pm

Bells:
The blood stains the fur on your leg from hoof to knee, but you can already feel it subsiding. Still hurts to move your tongue, though. As you sit and wait for the bleeding to stop you get a good look at your surroundings. The smoke among the trees is thick but tolerable. Nearby there is a blood stain on one of the trees, and you can just make out the shape of a deer laying dead still behind it. There are arrows and scorch marks all around and a small crater in the ground a few feet away.

Dodger:
Trying to see a way around the obstacle is made infinitely harder when you can't see the obstacle itself. You peer into the distance, seeing nothing but nothing. It takes you a few moments to realize that you have completely lost sight of Gearick and Storm, as you stare out in a completely different direction. You begin to zone out, mesmerized by the vast emptiness, and think you can hear laughing. Something catches your attention in the distance, a smoky figure drifting by.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 pm

"Hello?" asked Dodger, cautiously trotting towards the figure. "Excuse me, but I seem to be terribly lost..."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:04 am

Bells gently removes her foreleg from her mouth, and makes a face at her now-solid red and soaked leg. Eh, at least now I won't be as overheated as before. How're you doing? She thinks at Snuggles, keeping her mouth carefully shut.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Gearick frowned at this, and thought things through... it was like he could see something out of the corner of his eye, but if he looked for it, it would disappear. Shrugging mentally to himself, the unicorn tried again... only this time, instead of looking directly at it, he tried to tilt his head so that it wasn't directly at the edge of his vision.

(Another perception check?)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:47 pm

Night Scales tries to sort out her itching and coughing, but isn't successful. Still, she picks herself up from the ground, and enters monologue mode...

"And just like that, I was behind the eight ball. I lost my chance to tighten the screws on that sap, the damn cat really gummed things for me. But I gotta figure this case out before it blows up. Digger Head's putting on his best Celestia impression, a bunch of mugs are walking 'round the place and they ain't singing. Doesn't take a wise head to see what's going on, and I'm not gonna have made this trip just for biscuits. I can't tail these punks, I might end up waltzing right into their scatter by myself, that won't end well, but let's see if I can't take a crack at figuring out how things went down."

A cough or two breaks her line of thought...

"Better head to the front door, check how they got into the joint." With that, Scales returns to the landing...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Dodger:
The figure continues away from you as you continue away from the others. It gently flaps is smoky wings, to no real effect, as it floats by. As you approach it, it begins to take on a familiar shape- wings, head and talons of an eagle, back legs of a lion. Despite its smoky form, you somehow know it as the same Gryphon that kidnapped Star, so long ago... how long ago was it, anyway? Weeks? Years?

Bells:
"Besides you almost crushing me twice, I'm good. Good and hungry. Can we go back home, this Grey is boring and it hurts my eyes." Almost as an afterthought, he adds "Why are you bleeding?"

Scales:
With allĂ­ the time in the world, you go back to the front door. It is still slightly ajar from when you came in. Inspecting it reveals evidence of force- cracks in the wood, and a single tine from an antler embedded in the door. However, the lock and latch look entirely undamaged, suggesting the door was unlocked, not broken in.

Gearick can do another perception check, with an accompanying Reality Check (D20+x skill-knowledge score).

Waiting on Kanen to do something.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next