Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+4
deonte9109
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
8 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 34 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:04 pm

Bells thinks for a moment. "Gearick, how did you make the griffon go away? What would happen if you did the same to the Void itself?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:19 pm

"I don't think we should just leave." Gearick said with a small shake of his head as he turned to the others. "In this place, we can do things which we can't usually do, and I have a feeling that they will remain when we return to realm of wakefulless. Not only is there that voice to worry about, and I have no desire to see if being free from this place, but I believe that inside of this realm, we might be able to create a cure for the current epidemic, the one right outside of the manor."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:57 pm

After a moment of confusion, trying to fill in the blanks of the words she didn't know, Bells holds up her hoof as if to hold a cup or bottle. "You have a good idea. Let us see if this works, or if it should be left to you." She lets her mind go blank, then thinks of a spray bottle full of such a cure - in liquid form - in her hoof, with enough to take care of the entire town, and each other if one of them gets somehow infected.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:14 pm

And just like that, a small but heavy spray bottle appears in Bells' hoof. Interestingly, the bottle itself seems to be made of a fine, pale yellow crystal, as opposed to glass. The liquid inside seems to be a rusty red color, fizzing slightly.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:18 pm

"Hmm..that's interesting. The question is, will it work?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:05 pm

A sudden thought occurs to Storm. He tries very hard to conjure up some lab and medical equipment.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Storm thinks for a moment, and a moment later the group finds themselves in a sparse medical laboratory. Most of the essential machines are there, microscopes, chemical glassware, instruments, radiological equipment, etc. However, it seems to be missing many of the things you would also find, like furniture, cabinets, files, reference books and medicinal supplies. It should be enough to analyze the antidote, or figure out how to make more.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:27 pm

"I beg you for your time. I'd like to test the antidote's effectiveness. I plan on taking a sample of my blood, and testing the antidote's reaction to it."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:15 pm

"If any of you can assist, please feel free to do so."

Storm withdraws a small sample of blood from himself. He smears a bit on a slide and then another bit of his blood on another slide*. He dabs a bit of the potion on one the slides and puts the two of them under a microscope, comparing the two and occasionally taking notes.

*Controls are always a good idea.

OOC: Heal + FK(Labwork)
Roll(1d20)+15:
17,+15
Total:32
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Watching the slide with the antidote on it, you notice a few VERY peculiar things:
- Firstly, no matter how high you magnify the slide, you cannot see any sort of visible evidence of the antidote's solution, just pure reddish liquid.
- At maximum magnification you see your blood cells, and at higher magnification (because dream world microscope), you can very clearly see them and the intoxicants of the poison affecting them. There is little activity, but one in every few dozen has turned dark red, and one in every hundred or so is blue.
- The antidote, meanwhile, shows no signs of working when it contacts the cells. It washes over them like a colored film. After a moment, the blue cells turn red again, and the dark red ones return to normal. However, while this appears to have cured them, the intoxicants are still present- and because they showed no signs of infection, there is no way to tell if they have been sanitized, or are still active.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Dodger looks over Storm's shoulder, trying to look like he knows what he's doing. He fails.

"I would look around for anything we missed," said Dodger, not quite 'getting' this dimension yet. "But there's really not much to hide something essential in."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:24 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Dodger looks over Storm's shoulder, trying to look like he knows what he's doing. He fails.

"I would look around for anything we missed," said Dodger, not quite 'getting' this dimension yet. "But there's really not much to hide something essential in."

"I think we got what we came for.  Khanen, how are you feeling?"  

Storm takes a look at Koli* and checks out her situation.

(Assuming she's still on Storm's back)

Check Koli's Condition:

"Lastly, the potion doesn't seem to react as a normal liquid should, as it seems to be magical in nature and I'm assuming that, while the poison is quite toxic, its non-magical in nature, so the two don't react to each other that well.  At best, it seems like it could put the poison in remission, so we may want to stock up on that.  I think I can synthesize the antidote myself.  I do have all the ingredients at this point.  Figurehead seemed to have them on hand.  Once we get back out into the real world, I'd like to try to give that a try.  I really don't trust anything I create in here, as I don't really know what the properties of the Void are."  Having said that he transfers the blood sample he took from himself earlier and transfers it to another container he had in his saddlebags. "I'm not sure if the glassware I created here will survive a trip to the real world.  It would be a shame to waste a good blood sample."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:40 am

Bells blinks and looks again at the spray bottle of medicine in her hoof, inadvertently thinking of it in the real world - outside the void - and if it would stay as she is holding it now, once outside the void. Would it stay as it is, disappear, become pure magic, release the kraken, burst into mist and cure the whole town? Unless they got out of here, she may never know, and it egged on her to not be able to know something this amazing about magic.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Koli seems... oddly quiet. She is awake, still perched on Strom's back, but she isn't moving. Her eyes are wide and distant, staring off into space.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Gearick looked thoughtful at Storm's comments about the cure he had gotten, and spoke slowly. "Well, Figurehead said that the accident that claimed him was an attempt to make a cure wasn't it? Due to alternations to the initial disease making the normal cure not working? Perhaps this magical cure might be best, if we can keep it during the transfer. Admittedly though, we don't know enough of the void to know if we will actually keep it. But I digress, do you all remember the voice that spoke when I revealed this is a dream? I suggest we try to find its source and stop its escape, if we aren't already too late."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:01 pm

"Its probably gone by now. But on the assumption its still here, how could we go about tracking it down?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:04 pm

"I have been through worse since I got here but I would feel better if I could get out of here. Which reminds me, how do I get out of here and how the bucks did you ponies get here?"
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:41 pm

"The chest puzzle opens up a path to this place. What's the last thing you remember?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:58 pm

"Before I got here? I was fighting Ravenous then next thing I was here. I've had to deal with a being called Nightmare who I think escaped this place and we should probably put back. Then during all of that I've been attacked by a damn red demon and other haeksenn but can't die but still feel all the pain."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:45 am

Night Scales looks out of the window, checking what is happening outside if anything...

(Perception Check: 4 (Roll) + 16 (Skill) = 20)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:49 am

Scales:
Outside this window you can't see much beyond the roof of the one story house next door. Down in the alley between houses, there is another pony standing around. You can hear galloping coming from the road, and the pony in the alley turns and begins walking that direction.

Dodger:
Whilst everyone discusses trying to leave, something catches your attention. As if from from very far away, you hear someone say, "Murderers..."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:07 am

After looking outside, Scales checks the room next to her, just for situation awareness...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:18 am

Scales:
Inside the room with the blown out door, you finally find what you came here to find. Figure Head lays dead on the floor, covered in dust and a film of slime. The room looks like a chemical laboratory, and there are bits of equipment and ingredients strewn about. There is a faint, caustic smell, not of a dead body, but something else. At a glance it also seems like someone may have been here recently. There is a closed door across the room from you.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:39 am

When she sees Figure Head's corpse, Night Scales couldn't resist to investigate around the room, but still being on edge due to the current situation caused her to do the job far less impressive as she would have wanted to do it...

(Perception Check: 3 (Roll) + 16 (Skill) = 19)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:46 am

There's some sugar and metal shavings on the floor around Figure Head's body, along with some broken glass. You are also unable to determine anything about the smell, as it is very faint. You don't really get much else constantly checking over your shoulder, and sure enough a few moments later you can hear the telltale hoofsteps drawing near the doorway. A cursory glance at the closed door suggests that it isn't locked, as there is no keyhole, bolt or padlock. It might be from the other side though. One thing you do notice is a number of small mirrors along the same wall as the closed door, evenly spaced, and seemingly built into the wall, rather than hung there.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next