Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 20 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:44 pm

If Grease is the one holding it, rubber should be fine. It'll block an electrical current, it's just that magic is more difficult.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 20 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:08 pm

Am I meant to respond to that post?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Only if you feel Gearick would openly react to the info. Otherwise, it just serves as a passage of time post since the others are asleep.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 pm

He would, but it would feel weird just reacting to that and not doing much else... so I'll have his response when I also know what else there is for me to do.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Your actions really come down to what your teammates do. I think Grease may be the only one with any immediate plans so when done, the team will be getting geared up and heading out.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 pm

I don't have anymore plans. I'm not allowed to make this breakthrough until we hit level 4, so I'm just going to be tinkering with my etch-a-sketch at every spare moment. I went back to our briefing room because I figured people would start gathering there, and we could be briefed. (I think I may have gotten there rather early.)
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm curious, what is everyone's opinion of the proposal to remove the "pick 5" requirement and simply allow all 8 combat talents in battle? I'm contemplating whether or not I should go ahead and allow it for my campaigns. I can see the strategic mindset behind needing to carefully choose what to bring while I can also see the meta oddity of being locked out of some of your build if it's an inborn power as opposed to gear. My other concern is that Spellbook may have become a dominant strategy for some builds. There's a certain "why not take it?" aspect to it for support style builds which is arguably not good game design. What do you think?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:43 pm

I've already shared my opinion, I want there to be a Main Pool and a Side Pool personally.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 pm

I shall chose to restate my stance of taking all eight being better overall.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:17 am

I specifically make my builds so that they can work either way, so that I can take spellbook at the beginning and phase it out for a different weapon later. I would appreciate having an extra tchotchke while retaining the ability to go feral in any combat, but I wouldn't notice the difference much.
My vote still technically goes to using all 8, but I'm generally ambivalent about it.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:05 am

My post was purposefully made to be vague, but does this dive gear look like old dive gear (big astronaut helmets) or new dive gear (wetsuits+oxygen tanks)?

I solemnly promise to not nitpick our actual diving actions too much, mostly because Grease has no idea what he's doing.

Actually, should I be expecting the diving to be somewhat realistic? For example, if we have to swim into a cave, should I be bothering to tell people in the OOC thread that we should be lining up single file and making a chain with our secondary regulators? Or anything like that? Or should I just let cartoon physics take its course?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:43 pm

• Old school.
  • Most of the act of diving itself will be hand waved/cartoon physics.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:48 pm

poke...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikari Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:26 am

Hey... I was told that you guys were recruiting. Is this true? If so, could someone PM me please?
Ikari
Ikari
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:59 am

Ikari wrote:Hey... I was told that you guys were recruiting. Is this true? If so, could someone PM me please?
Why do you want to be PMed?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:56 am

Perhaps he wishes to talk somethings out with the GM. Getting in a character later in a game is almost always more troublesome. Nevertheless good to see you joining our merry band.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikari Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:04 am

Tyger is right. It's better to discuss properly how to get into it with it making sense IC rather than simply jumping in and hoping not to screw things up for people.
Ikari
Ikari
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:08 am

tygerburningbright wrote:poke...
I'll be updating after work. I saw the thread when I updated HorseTron but forgot to ask if Gearick was explicitly going to try anything with the suits, if anyone else had anything to say, or if I should move the plot forward. Gearick can attempt to modify the magical seal but adjusting the suits themselves would be more in line with mechanics work.

@Ikari: I can PM you later if anything that's more private or a surprise is needed. However, did you have any ideas already sitting at the top of your mind?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:10 am

I don't think he would try modifying the seals themselves. Too risky to disrupt. I think he would try to use the base of the seals to add on another enchantment, if that makes sense.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikari Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:13 am

@ Zam: Not sure as of right now, it's why I'd like to discuss with people. Also, i can't actually find the latest adventure post, so i'm not even sure where we're up to as of now.
Ikari
Ikari
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I don't think he would try modifying the seals themselves. Too risky to disrupt. I think he would try to use the base of the seals to add on another enchantment, if that makes sense.
Fair enough.  You can edit the post to add that though pending on how soon I actually update I might actually just have Silver Swirl mention it.

Ikari wrote:@ Zam: Not sure as of right now, it's why I'd like to discuss with people. Also, i can't actually find the latest adventure post, so i'm not even sure where we're up to as of now.
I thought that was in the first posts somewhere but anyways here it is: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t662-equestrian-radio-show-s-adventure-variety-hour-explorers-of-stomp
As far as figuring out what to play, a bit of brainstorming can handle that.  Considering we have a mechanic, a mage, and a generalist, there's a fair bit of breathing room as long as it seems right for the genre.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Do Sea Ponies exist?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Whether they do or not, Grease is confident that they're down there. They come to the surface after it rains to enjoy the sun bouncing off still water for a little while.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Do Sea Ponies exist?
While not common, yes.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Is Base on the ship with us, or is she back in Neighpon? I know she's not diving, but is she our ship driver?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next