Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

+15
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
Sefton
Mind Gamer
Clockeye
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
Xel Unknown
Doc pseudopolis
Zarhon
sunbeam
ValorlordV5
Paper Shadow
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
19 posters

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 11 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:31 am

Oh sorry. It's the princess' pet baby dragon. I got that info as result of one of my rolls in PM.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] - Page 11 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC]

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 am

Still don't see why he hadn't been mentioned before...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:36 am

I really should've just asked this in character in the first place, huh?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:54 am

Some backstory stuff may be given via PM on high History rolls since it's not info the other characters would know. Granted, I should have worded Brisk's answer a little different since she'd be mildly impressed someone knew that information. Plus, I'd hope characters would share info yet it's not required. Juggling the whole radio show format thing takes a bit.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 am

Minor edit to post due to aforementioned reason.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 pm

sunbeam wrote:If I use Magic Makes it All complete to gain any utility talent for five minutes, and I take a talent with a prep time of 10 minutes, then I can't use the utility talent, can I?
I'm allowing this for this campaign but you have to use the full prep time to prepare. So be wary of interruption...
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:22 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Giving you minor temporary upgrades within reason but you'll be doing it in route. Hash out what you actually want in the OOC thread.
What temporary upgrade options do we have? And what precisely is the limit to our wanting? Cannons? Hawking Drives? Jet boosters?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:54 am

I'll let the team brainstorm it a bit but think of what you want for the mission at hand and the fact that you're building it en route.

Also, I probably should have better described the crate since it's bigger than something you'd sit on.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 am

Allow me to suggest something unbelievable... Camouflage? I mean, it's obviously impossible to camoflauge the blimp in midair, but at least on the ground, I'd like to be able to keep the thing hidden from anyone who doesn't know where it is. And before you say we can hide it with magic, you can detect magic with magic. So that's hard to make work.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:09 am

I really have no idea what our tech capabilities are, so I don't know. At the very least, we could probably either repaint it dirt colored after we land, or hook up some magical "Windows background settings" panel inside the ship, so we could change between starlight and jungle camo at will. That shouldn't be too hard, between Gearick, me, and Lichen Field. What else could we actually fit on a blimp without damaging it?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:32 am

Why can't we camouflage it for the air? It just needs to look like a cloud. Though I think what I'd like to see is grappling cables (with launchers of course). So we could board other ships or lift stuff (or jump onto them for a quick getaway).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:37 am

Considering we have a Pegasus who can board other balloons... Or shove them within jumping range... I imagine the hooks are, if not unneeded, slightly less useful than you might expect. Still a good idea, I suppose.

Also.

"Captain! That cloud over there is moving in a very weird pattern!"

"Private, we live in a world where flying ponies control the weather. Not just predict, or move, control the weather. There is nothing suspicious about a moving cloud."

"But I saw grappling hooks come out of-"

"NOTHING!"
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:43 am

You can board other ships all by yourself sure. That doesn't really help the rest of us and isn't really a job you can accomplish all by yourself. Or do you expect us to just jump, with the chance of falling to our deaths if you manage to get two blimps or whatever close together? I don't think we'd be concerned about stealth at any point we'd be using the grappling cables either. And like I said before, we could also use them to lift things or for hasty escapes (which seems like the most important use really). I can see us ending up in a lot of scenarios where we wouldn't want to actually wait for everyone to board the ship and get it ready for takeoff.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:47 am

The ship is already painted for night sky camo. It just looks like a dark patch of sky. We just need to avoid flying over the moon.
How common are airships in this setting? We may just want a cannon or something on the off-chance we have an air battle.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:51 am

Common enough to not be weird but uncommon enough to not see regularly. The transport vessel is an oddity due to sheer size.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:56 am

Okay, with two magic points, Create Crazy Contraption, and Magic, I should be able to make some sort of boarding device on short notice at just about any point (I'm currently leaning towards spectral steeds, or a hugeass clockwork dragon that breathes lightning).
So Camouflage=possible. complete if we only travel at night.
Boarding/air-to-air combat=almost covered. Awkward if I have to spend a magic point or two to get us back to the airship. Who else can help?
speedy transport/chase=nothing yet. Ideas? Most any conventional engine weighs us down too much, I'd say, and if it heats up too much it might just blow up the whole thing.
Anything we're missing.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:57 am

Emergency landing gear? We might be making a rapid descent if we're shot at.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:58 am

If we rely on CCC for a boarding device, we're still lacking a way to lift things and a way for us to speedily get on board and take off before the cultists chasing us catch up.

Edit: I think emergency landing gear really could be covered by CCC. It's not like we'll need that more than 1/day hopefully.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:56 am

Okay... Camoflauge could be useful, yes. So could a boarding device I suppose... but lets think for a moment.

Balloons are hard to land, and if we anchor to something, we still need to get off... so grappling hooks that can fire in all directions, not just sideways would be useful. Then, a way to quickly descend from the balloon, and to get up again.

Afterwards, as we are going to be in an island, over the sea. I suggest something to aid in survival. Like a water synthesizer, that can make salt-water safe to drink. I would like something to aid in food collection/processing as well, but I think that'll be a bit to far. As would a medical station or something
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:32 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Afterwards, as we are going to be in an island, over the sea. I suggest something to aid in survival. Like a water synthesizer, that can make salt-water safe to drink. I would like something to aid in food collection/processing as well, but I think that'll be a bit to far. As would a medical station or something
While they are giving you some rations, they really aren't expecting you to have a lot of time. That's why the upgrades to the team's personal blimp are being done en route rather than on the ground.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worse.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:41 pm

So...were the grappling hooks the final decision?  Didn't know if there were any more questions due to the lack of posts.  Pending on what you actually want for camouflage, that's fully covered by Magical Tricks (and it technically already has night camo).
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind Gamer Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:51 pm

Movable grappling hooks appears to be the consensus, yes. And if you need a silent launching system, you have a Pegasus with great flying skills.
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Moveable grappling hooks/hooks that can fire in multiple directions... if that's all we have time for.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:39 am

Fair enough. I'll allow it without any need for a set resource cost other than time itself. One of you go ahead and post mentioning the act of building it and I'll have things move along. Plus, if you had any in character questions then go ahead and ask.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next