Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+42
Bubblez
Faege
Terrestial
Exuno
PhoenixSpectre
Cardbo
DrownedChampion
Broken Logic
mjh6
Copper Rose
Crystalite
Snagging Roots
deonte9109
Dusk Raven
LoganAura
Caden2112
Pingcode
Antiquated
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Z2
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Philadelphus
Lapis-Lazily
tygerburningbright
Mind Gamer
Stairc -Dan Felder
Zarhon
sunbeam
Hayatecooper
Demonu
A1C Bronymous
XandZero2
Kindulas
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Sefton
Quietkal
Doc pseudopolis
ZamuelNow
SparkImpulse
46 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 30 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:08 pm

Randomly clicked the link I still have bookmarked, and saw some very recent posts. Thought I'd pop in real quick to say hi. Too bad the forum is basically dead, but its nice to see some familiar faces.

It's certainly been a while...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 30 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  GreyVestibule Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:13 am

For what it's worth, I'm glad this place has been maintained. The campaign I originally got together here ended, but I've actually wound up using the PT/LL system, with a few minor tweaks, for a campaign based on Mega Man Zero that's been running for about a year and half by now. It's nice to be able to pop back in and access the rule books.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 pm

Yeah, random click time here too.
I had minimum activity on this forum, yet have had two weekly voiced campaigns spanning for a total of 5 years now using Pony Tales. Easily the most successful adventures of my life. The system's really grown on me, to the point of me attempting to adopt it for my irl friends in non-pony settings. This forum might've gone by now, but I'm really glad it came to be. I'm very grateful to whoever was here that contributed to its creation and development. It's had a major impact on my rp life.

You know, there may have only ever been a bunch of us, playing this system with a dedication, but I find comfort in thinking on how each of those might take it with them, going on in life and spreading the joy of it. I know I will.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:54 pm

It would be nice to see the Pony Tale system be revived/adopted by more people through. It is a solid thing after all.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:59 pm

I don't know what it was that caused me to check the site again but it's nice to see people. Like others, I can echo that I've been playing elsewhere successfully but not playing here. In fact, on the verge of closing out a six year play by post pony campaign and in the middle of an "inherited" Wanderlust campaign. I've sometimes contemplated writing a sort of "New Point Oh" version of the system but I've often thought that would be pointless. It would be suited to my tastes, which weren't always popular, and I'm already GMing so I don't necessarily need it for myself. Due to some things that happened personally, I haven't finished the show. And yet, seeing these posts almost makes it feel worth it to work on a new version. A last hurrah of sorts. It would obviously not be "official" but I do wonder how it would be taken. A lot of new changes would be things discussed after development officially stopped.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:10 pm

I just came in to check again as well. I'm so glad people are still enjoying the game, and I've shared these posts with the other designers of the system. Smile

Building these games taught me a lot as a new game designer, still in college. There were times I wanted to quit when trying to get into the industry, but this place continually reminded me that there were people out there enjoying things I made. Since then I've worked on games for Fantasy Flight Games, Blizzard Entertainment, and Electronic Arts. I'm now a senior designer in the industry, and I've had the fun of showing some of Pony Tales' original mechanics off to other designers I'm mentoring. And they have to look at it, because I'm more senior! Muahahaha!

I'm also still working on other tabletop RPG games on the side. I'll never stop doing that. Smile

Thanks for playing everypony.

- Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:35 am

Been meaning to come back and mention what I'd did with the system. Sadly, my last campaign on here fizzled out due to my own disinterest - play-by-post games are just not my thing anymore. However, I did use Living Legends with my IRL gaming group, in running a one-shot last Halloween. It was... quite an experience, mostly because half of the people had some form of silliness to their characters. Then again, I feel like this system encourages some "out there" character designs. Still, it's good for a casual game, or one in which you want your players to be able to make whatever they want.

It's encouraging to know that other people are still using the system. It makes me wonder if I should use it for another oneshot with my gaming group, or even a full campaign... though, unfortunately, I've come to like a bunch of different systems over the years, so it's got stiff competition.

...Oh yeah, I should speak to Dan again, I once contacted him a while back, asking for help with game design. I'd actually considered adopting Pony Tales or Wanderlust for use with a video game of some sort. Even if I don't do that, I've valued the conversations I've had with Dan about game design...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:26 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jz2qhw6dbVKQPNUVNVauE52gaOkMIsxBcSu1PMKaWo8

Hi! Haven't seen G5 yet but I the release means I think it's time I polish and release this since I've been working on it for a while. I made a proposal document for some revisions to Aspirations of Harmony. Obviously, it's unofficial but I feel GMs still using the system could make use of it. I have used the 21 ability point variation in a really short campaign and it felt fine. A lot of this has been put to use in things I've run, though admittedly not all at the same time. Putting it here for visibility but in the rare case it manages to get traction, a mod could move it out to its own thread.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30