Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

+6
Retrokinesis
Dusk Raven
casey1859
AProcrastinatingWriter
Paper Shadow
deonte9109
10 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 10 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Curunir wrote:Shadow, I'm a little confused- is Scorch asking the party or the zebras?  Could you clarify what he's asking (Is he asking about what we think Nihl said to the zebras?  What the zebras think he said to them?  Or what we think he was talking about when we encountered him before?)
Asking the group what they think Nihl said to the zebras, but not in secret or anything. Drizzle can answer the question (and I hope she does), but Scorch isn't asking her exclusively just in case it worsens her mood. It's a subtle way to do things...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 10 Empty Re: Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Indeed.

I'm pretty sure (cause it looks like it) no one really wants to say anything, but just in case I'll wait until later tonight.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:52 am

Err, are we sure we want to play the "We Know About the Crystal Empire" card right now? I mean, I guess it'll come out soon, but still...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Since there seems to be at least a little uncertainty amongst the groups I'm going to give you all 24...ish hours (no less than 22 but no more than 27) to decide whether or not to edit any posts you have made or will make since my last one in the main topic, and if so how they are edited. After that, though, things will be set in stone.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:54 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Since there seems to be at least a little uncertainty amongst the groups I'm going to give you all 24...ish hours (no less than 22 but no more than 27) to decide whether or not to edit any posts you have made or will make since my last one in the main topic, and if so how they are edited. After that, though, things will be set in stone.
Well, as much as I don't agree with the idea, just move forward. We already told the zebras, so it really is just a matter of time until one brings it up...

But really, loose lips sink ships...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:00 pm

Ugh, I know I should say something, but... I'm just not feeling it...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:20 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:Ugh, I know I should say something, but... I'm just not feeling it...
I did notice that as well. You could say something about the otherworldly minions Nihl has at his disposal, but you don't have to if you don't...

However, I quickly glanced at your sheet, and you are missing a few things. You still have an extra utility talent to grab, and your combat/items have only been upgraded to Level 2, and we are Level 3 now (we jumped straight to it), so you've got 1500 Gold to spend and an extra Trait to grab...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 pm

I couldn't think of what to say but knew I had to say something, so I figured I'd just taunt him! I'm sure that won't come back to bite me at all. Razz

So I used the worst insult I could think of and called him a C-tier Final Fantasy villain.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:14 am

Double post, but I am not going to be the next one to post IC. Brilliant is far too proud to tone-down her sesquipedalian loquaciousness, especially for Nihl, and it gives somepony else an opportunity to jump in and translate it for her Razz.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:32 pm

I would like to formerly request that nobody post in the main topic until the double L's have made Persuasion checks here and I have posted their results.

Which is also my not-so-subtle way of telling Curunir and Xel to make Persuasion checks, because convincing the zebras that not giving Nihl a chance to speak in his defense is morally just is a very tall order, and so is convincing them that Lunar managed to come back from nonexistence, and to be honest I'm not sure which order is taller.

They'll both be around DC 35 or 40, however.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Actually, Luthier was just trying to paraphrase what Shimmer was saying, not necessarily saying Nihl couldn't defend himself.  Even if disallowing Nihl to try to defend himself was her point, his point is that several serious charges have been laid against him so far (hypocrisy, mind-control, erasure) to which Nihl has made no response.  Luthier is saying that these charges alone (and Nihl's dismissal of them) are enough to point that he may be evil.

Here's a persuasion roll anyways- what matters is not necessarily Luthier's intentions, but what the zebras think he's trying to convince them.  

2 Roll + 9 Persuasion +2 Scorch = 13.  Hm.

Last edited by Curunir on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : +2 Scorch)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 pm

I argue that I should get some RP bonus because both this is TRUE and how much passion and anger Lunar has put into his words.

Also isn't there a +2 bonus from Scorch still in effect? (one from him bein' awesome, one form insta-party) And as a side note, my sheet says I'm without a magic point, but I can't recall when I used it last. Does anyone else know?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Alright, your argument for being passionate about it because it is a very personal very real event is accepted but your argument about truth being a bonus is not.

That gives you a +5.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Persuasion Check: 1D20+9+2+5 => [ 16 ] +9+2+5 = 32 +3 (tunderbird points) = 35 total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:23 am

A 35 exactly. That deserves a slow clap.

Luna's Command: The Wibbly-Wobbly Saga (Looking for No More replacement) - Page 10 Tumblr_lr9lb0pQwv1qbol5h
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:18 am

Guys, I don't mean to be a downer, but I think Nihl might get away with this...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:33 am

Huh, what makes you say that?  I really can't wait to see how he's going to try to explain himself.  The zebras seem to believe us so far, and be disgusted by the same things we are.

EDIT: Although I suppose I'm not sure what we'll accomplish other than a moral victory- I'm sure Nihl will care little if he gets "banished" or whatever the zebras plan to do if they agree with our accusations- or if he'll even comply with their decision.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 am

Curunir wrote:Huh, what makes you say that?  I really can't wait to see how he's going to try to explain himself.  The zebras seem to believe us so far, and be disgusted by the same things we are.
Erasing the Crystal Empire: Nihl will argue that he erased great evil from history, most likely referring to King Sombra in this case. He'll justify further erasures (or even previous ones we don't remember) by saying that their existence causes great evil to occur...
Mind Control: Nihl will say that he only puts those collars on wild beasts that can not be tamed, while those who can control themselves still keep their free will, possibly showing the necks of his soldiers to prove his point. If Writer is really smart (or reads this post and steals it), he'll likely take this opportunity to insult timberwolves and dragons, angering Lunar and Scorch...
Erasing Lunar: Nihl will state that it was collateral, and will "apologise". The zebras will defend him on the basis that he did not know this would happen. Alternatively, refer to the above point regarding erasing things from history. The only way I can think of countering this point is if Random reveals his knowledge and say that Nihl gave changelings the power to take over the forest, but there is no reason Costume would do that. Costume would need to know that Lunar was raised in the forest, confirm it was the same one (so we can tie Nihl to it), state that his own race is evil in order to make the point have emphasis and say that Nihl has helped evil creatures, and risk people finding out that he is a changeling (since Nihl will totally do), so there's no reason for him to do that...

Basically, Nihl will most likely go for a "Lesser of Two Evils" argument, and we don't have enough evidence to fight his points, considering he has all of history at his disposal and we have 80-something pages of IC in ours...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:26 am

Hm, one thing we do know (although not enough)if I remember correctly is the wierd state of the Crystal Empire. It seems it's been erased, but... something's in its place (We still need to investigate that, if we ever get back). We also can't tie it directly to Nihl, appearing (as far as we know) at about the same time as this was happening, things like that anti-magic rock that almost killed... Scorch and Lunar was it?

You may be right, we'll just have to wait and see what Nihl says and how the zebras respond- we may still be able to construct a counterarguement once we hear Nihl's defense (really hope this isn't a thing where the discussion will be over once he says his piece- which could explain why he's not answering any of our accusations until he's sure we're done)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:49 pm

Those are some good ideas, none of which I was intending to use and now decidedly can't. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Welp, wasn't expecting that.

Not sure if what Luthier's doing is the best thing to do (maybe it would be better to wait to see whether Drizzle did any damage, and how the zebras, Nihl, and ECHO soldiers react. Certainly would have been better if there was time to coordinate with the rest of the group.

But given only a moment to think, I think it makes sense. Nihl just admitted to everything we've accused him of completely non-apologetically, and was attacked by Drizzle. Over-thinking a response could be dangerous at this point when even a second of indecision could make a difference.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Ok I can respect this type of evil who admit they're evil when confronted with claims of their actions.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Glad to hear that, but in all technicality he hasn't specifically said the phrase "I'm Evil" yet.

Anywho, I feel like this is a striking enough situation that people who haven't had the chance might want to do something, so I'm holding off on an update for the immediate moment.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Well, that escalated quickly.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:22 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Glad to hear that,  but in all technicality he hasn't specifically said the phrase "I'm Evil" yet.
But on the other hand, he did not deny he was, nor offer any justification for his actions. And if he was going to get around to that, he was taking his sweet time to do so. Its his own fault for trying to be dramatic if that's the case.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next