Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

+7
Lapis-Lazily
Quietkal
Fury of the Tempest
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Z2
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 14 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:39 pm

um pokeish?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 14 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Any moment now.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Are any of the doors/windows of the house unlocked (assuming I stealthily check)? And is there a back-door to the house?

If not, Busker will probably just lock-pick them, if daggers count for such. We've got Wraith, Busker and Jade to try a 10 mechanics check.

And if all else fails, Busker will probably employ his daggers to cut one open (by 'cutting out' the locks or bolts in the sides that are holding the windows/doors locked). Presumably, accompanied with a stealth check to make it non-obvious he's using an artifact.

Might use stealth mode as well, though will see what the situation is.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 pm

What door is the unicorn adjacent to? The room containing Farnsworth seems the most likely, but I just want to double check and make sure he's not at like a fire exit or something.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Any spots available?
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:21 am

@Zarhon: It's a pretty reasonable assumption that the window you're looking through might have been left unlocked, so I'll let that one be. The rest you would have to pick the locks (for doors) or cut thrpugh (for windows). Keep in mind also that one of you is fairly earth bound (Curunir/Terracotta).

...Where is Curunir, anyways?

@QuietKal: That is correct. Wrangler can recall there being a window within that room, however.

@Loud Taffy: ...Probably not. Even if Curunir were dropped out (which looks pretty likely) I have a spot reserved for Brony 7 of 9... If he decided to relinquish it, then you could. Even if it did happen, it would be a while before I could insert you...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Editing post then to reflect it.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 01, 2014 12:53 pm

What's the layout/map/available rooms rooms of the house from the floor where we're at? Kinda need it if we're doing the Scooby search routine.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu May 01, 2014 6:42 pm

I don't actually have a map of it; it never occurred to me to make a specific layout. That's one of those things I tend to make up on the fly...

I will get a map drawn up tonight, and post it directly. It won't be a high quality one, though; just enough to get an idea of where stuff is.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat May 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Is the 10 damage all from one attack, or is it 2 attacks that total up to 10 damage? Asking so I know whether to apply Resist twice or once.
Additionally, what's the adjacency of the new creatures compared to the goggled unicorn?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Perception roll:
9 + 7 = 16
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun May 04, 2014 12:37 am

Alright, I'm here! Or back. Not that I've been anywhere, just been busy with finals and having trouble keeping track of things. Sorry about that. Probably should have posted a thingy in "absences", though schoolwork usually hasn't gotten in the way of games in the past.

Anyways, since I'm still here, I'm a bit at a loss of what to do. Will the party let Jade in, now that you all know she's still here, or will she have to find her own way in? Probably can't scale the wall as well as the rest, though she might give it a try. Perhaps picking the front door? If it's even locked- though I'd assume it is.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun May 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Curunir wrote:Alright, I'm here!  Or back.  Not that I've been anywhere, just been busy with finals and having trouble keeping track of things.  Sorry about that.  Probably should have posted a thingy in "absences", though schoolwork usually hasn't gotten in the way of games in the past.  

Anyways, since I'm still here, I'm a bit at a loss of what to do.  Will the party let Jade in, now that you all know she's still here, or will she have to find her own way in?  Probably can't scale the wall as well as the rest, though she might give it a try.  Perhaps picking the front door?  If it's even locked- though I'd assume it is.

Busker or one of the flyers could easily lift/hoist/carry you up there (though you need to tell us to do so, which might get the kid's attention, unless Wraith already did so). The door is locked, yeah.

You could also do some investigative work on the treehouse/house history itself, in case they've built it on an ancient Deer burial ground.

Could also post in grand line adventures.  Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon May 05, 2014 12:17 am

Quietkal wrote:Is the 10 damage all from one attack, or is it 2 at the new creatures compared to the goggled unicorn?

Earth Pony A dazed you, the other damaged (He just rolled ridiculously well.)

Adjacency: I wanted to try something a tad unorthodox here...

Row 1: Unicorn Boss

Row 2: Wrangler, Earth Pony A, Earth Pony B

Row 3: Trotson, Unicorn Thug
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon May 05, 2014 9:06 am

I love double posting.

I just wanted to note, before Trotson gets his turn in, that Wrangler's attack will affect himself as well, because he is adjacent to his target (Earth Pony A). Of course, Trotson will no doubt remedy the damage, but you would still have the penalty to contend with.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon May 05, 2014 11:14 am

If it's going to splash onto me, then I'll just hit Pony B as the main target. Should have the effect I want without hitting me unless it wraps around for some reason.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 06, 2014 12:15 am

And then Sunspot went straight on down to nope-ville aboard the flip-the-buck-out express.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue May 06, 2014 1:31 am

Heheheheh. What can I say. Wraith kind of forgot about the guard for a second. Time for a freak out.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Why'd we bring Wraith along for a discreet search, again?  Razz 

Think we're gonna have to hurry the search if we don't want to talk with an irate father. Unless he's artifact-influenced or something, in which case we still probably don't want to.

Oh, that's a thing of note - is Wraith capable of impersonating the foal (appearance/voice) at this point?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue May 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Oh yeah. She's very capable of that.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri May 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Zarhon wrote:Logic irregularity time! Assuming this isn't just a oversight, or us just not noticing from low rolls:

There would appear to be some oversights on both of our parts...

Zarhon wrote:- How come we didn't see the hoofprints upstairs? The kid couldn't have had time to dirty them up by going outside - Jade would have spotted him. Where exactly did the hoofprints 'start' for us to notice?

Crystalite wrote:The trio enters the house to find it is fairly clean except for a trail of dirt on the wooden floor, most likely from a set of hooves. They are also just in time to hear footsteps on stairs to their left, going down judging by the sound.

Me damn it, Twi

Zarhon wrote:- Are the tracks muddy (i.e. from being outside on the lawn), dusty, ashen/sooty (you never know), or food-related (ice-cream)?

They're the "I splashed around in a mud puddle and then didn't wipe my feet on the doormat" kind.

Zarhon wrote:- Might as well check out whether the hoofprints belong to a young deer while I'm at it. Should be distinct enough from a pony.

Yes. Yes they do. Pretty sure they're not Wraith's, anyway.

Zarhon wrote:- Ice-cream, what flavor? And does its labeling seem odd (i.e. old-timey brand)?

It's strawberry flavored. It hasn't been opened or melted yet, so clearly it hasn't been out long. Nothing special going on beyond that.

Zarhon wrote:Streetwise
Natural 20! nat20 + 10 = 30

Welp, I hope the roll ain't wasted.

I don't know, was it? I can't tell. If you think it was, feel free to ask some other questions on the same roll.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri May 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Yeah, kinda lacking in the info department... Perhaps Busker could think a bit deeper on the whole pox issues - some thoughts or informal knowledge of the pony pox in non-artifact-influenced everyday life?

Like, in practice, how did the original Pony Pox came to be (medical origins), how do most kiddies or parents contract the disease (bad habits, hygiene, pests...?), and how does it actually influence a pony's daily routine (sick days, common or popular remedies, habits and hobbies during recovery at home, parental methods of caring for sick kiddies...).

Cause if an artifact is causing the pox, it might be something that's somehow linked to the whole 'experience' of being afflicted with the pox or the closest equivalent - blankets, thermometers, teas, an 'absence due to sickness' school-note, a game/toy playable whilst bedridden...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat May 10, 2014 10:57 am

Sure thing.

Nobody is quite sure how one catches Pony Pox in the first place; doctors think it's aireborne, but no one has proven that yet. Obviously you can catch it from other ponies who have it, though. For a foal, it's impact typically comes down to staying in bed for a few days to a week. Schools are generally cooperative on this matter. In adult cases, and more severe child cases, it may involve a trip to the hospital. A second contraction, even if not severe, requires a hospital check in by law.

Traditional home-remedies include celery soup and heavy covers in most homes; some more daring parents will also attempt the more recent phenomenon known as the Oatmeal Bath, with varying degrees of success. Some have also had success with a dairy-heavy diet. Regular fever testing with a thermometer is also expected. To help prevent spreading, one particular creature (typically a parent in home cases, ideally a non-pony nurse in the hospital) will be designated as the only one to see the contractor, and basically devotes themselves to catering the sick pony's every whim. Patient morale is also considered to be of critical importance; games and in bed toys are made as available as possible; there is no particular traditional pastime, however.

Will that be all, Mr. Stark?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Cool stuff.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat May 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Sorry I'm not really doing much right now. Sunspot's sort of locked up. She's scared out of her mind, and she's falling back on acting hypermilitant because that's how she deals.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next