Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

+7
Lapis-Lazily
Quietkal
Fury of the Tempest
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Z2
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 3 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:28 pm

Well, some stuff on here is subject to DM approval, and I still need to finish her combat, but here is Wraith.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 3 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Zarhon Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:31 pm

How much secrecy is there regarding the Warehouse? Cause if it's like in the show (top secret, need-to-know, etc), Wraith might have difficulty being subtle/social/not cause mass panic with her appearance, considering her ashen nature implies an appearance of a filly Brand, sans fire (surprised you didn't give her fireborn, considering  Very Happy ). Or a blank.  Shocked 

By the way, what is her cutie mark? Does she have one, as a filly?

And how exactly does she summon/perform her Instant Party, flavor wise?  Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:07 pm

I feel like this is based off one of the scps I just can't remember which one...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Zarhon wrote:How much secrecy is there regarding the Warehouse? Cause if it's like in the show (top secret, need-to-know, etc), Wraith might have difficulty being subtle/social/not cause mass panic with her appearance, considering her ashen nature implies an appearance of a filly Brand, sans fire (surprised you didn't give her fireborn, considering  Very Happy ). Or a blank.  Shocked 

By the way, what is her cutie mark? Does she have one, as a filly?

And how exactly does she summon/perform her Instant Party, flavor wise?  Very Happy

Appearance wise, while solid she looks like a normal filly, just part of the unexplainable magic surrounding her whole existence. She definitely can look quite frightening when she decides to. Don't ask her to play dead. Her cutie mark is a Phoenix. Her instant party is just that, a party. She's a child and like Pinkie Pie, pulls a bunch of party supplies as if from nowhere. I purposefully made it hard to explain why Wraith can do anything she does. She's a mysterious ghost child of sorts.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:59 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:I feel like this is based off one of the scps I just can't remember which one...
Sounds like SCP-273.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Zarhon wrote:How much secrecy is there regarding the Warehouse? Cause if it's like in the show (top secret, need-to-know, etc), Wraith might have difficulty being subtle/social/not cause mass panic with her appearance, considering her ashen nature implies an appearance of a filly Brand, sans fire (surprised you didn't give her fireborn, considering  Very Happy ). Or a blank.  Shocked

I'll post some lore tomorrow morning. Short version is don't tell anybody if you can help it.

@ Lapis: Looks good! Keep it up.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Hang on, aren't Wraith's Dust to Dust / Ashes to Ashes two custom artifact utilities? Plus, Ashes sort of gives her a free "Stealth mode" on top of the transformation - I've had my artifact daggers restricted in that aspect: "Stealth Mode" being taken (justified via artifact flavor), rather than part of the artifact.  confused
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:07 am

Zarhon wrote:I think just replacing "artifacts" with "archeology" as a FK would work best - it would be a much wider set of profession-related skills as well.

By the way, how exactly does "Mook" function for Terracotta? You said you'd be going without an artifact. Or did you mean just 'custom' artifact?

Good idea, I think I'll do that to save us all the trouble. I think I might have considered that at some point, but apparently forgot.

As for Mook, I was going to just chalk it down to the poorly understood magic of Earth Ponies- while others bring forth life from the earth through growing plants, Jade instead brings (a semblence) of life to the earth itself, forming clay figures to do her bidding. If that's too strange, I could make them some sort of mechanical creation, or perhaps Jade did manage to save an Artifact, or other magical item, from confiscation.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:36 am

I removed the stealth bonus from her power. As for having two powers, I just didn't find the right other powers to really describe her. I hope having two is ok. I tried to balance them, and the stealth bonus was a bit much so it's gone.

Edit: Didn't want to double post, but Wraith's combat is ready. Also, relationships with others:

Relationships:

Last edited by Lapis-Lazily on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 am

Lapis-Lazily wrote:I removed the stealth bonus from her power. As for having two powers, I just didn't find the right other powers to really describe her. I hope having two is ok. I tried to balance them, and the stealth bonus was a bit much so it's gone.

I'll make an exception for a very interesting concept; especially since one of those abilities is basically a modified Mechanical. Truthfully, I hadn't noticed the Stealth bonus. Cheerilee Derp thank you Zarhon for pointing it out, and Lapis for removing it.

Curunir wrote:
Zarhon wrote:By the way, how exactly does "Mook" function for Terracotta? You said you'd be going without an artifact. Or did you mean just 'custom' artifact?

As for Mook, I was going to just chalk it down to the poorly understood magic of Earth Ponies- while others bring forth life from the earth through growing plants, Jade instead brings (a semblance) of life to the earth itself, forming clay figures to do her bidding.  If that's too strange, I could make them some sort of mechanical creation, or perhaps Jade did manage to save an Artifact, or other magical item, from confiscation.

...That actually makes some weird sort of sense. Heh, stranger things have happened; let it be, I want to see where that goes.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:23 pm

More relationships for Busker!

Teracotta
Thinks of her as a bit of a prude, though he still does toss the occasional flirt or joke in her direction (results of which vary). Considers her the most "motivated" of the agents, though her priorities probably need some work.

Wraith
Initially, he was a bit unnerved by the uncanny nature of her immortal, ageless 'life' (and the implications of such for a filly's psyche, current and future, combined with her powers), but he's slowly getting over it. Aims to please and entertain her, as she probably needs it the most for obvious reasons, and cause it's what he does anyway. Considers her powers extremely useful for artifact retrieval, though questions the impact field work could have on her, emotionally.

Last edited by Zarhon on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:59 pm

Updated a few relations, added Doctor and Busker and Terracotta and Wraith.
Character Relations:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Oh hey we started.

I don't think fireplaces work as intended inside non-euclidian structures like the Warehouse. Especially if said fireplace is an artifact. Or on fire. Artifacts that are on fire or burn are rarely a good idea (Wraith doesn't count).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Finally!", Busker exclaims, relieved. "Any longer shut in here and I'll have forgotten what the sun looks like."

He retrieves his trusty daggers from the extremely perforated metal girder, and dons his busking coat. He then sees Wrangler zoom away from the burning fireplace."[/color]

er not wrangler
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Good catch. Edited.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 pm

Dropped Wrangler's Call Animal for Pick of the Litter, grabbing Call Out with the new racial point. Figure that'd be more useful, being able to transfer some information if/when Wrangler goes off on his own. I can change back if it's too late for the change.
Debating taking the Evolution destiny just to racial racial racial racial racial racial. Assuming he lives that long, of course.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Zarhon wrote:Oh hey we started.

I don't think fireplaces work as intended inside non-euclidian structures like the Warehouse. Especially if said fireplace is an artifact. Or on fire. Artifacts that are on fire or burn are rarely a good idea (Wraith doesn't count).

I'm good with this. If you guys want to make minor Artifacts for RP purposes, by all means.

EDIT: By "minor", I mean "not of any importance to the plot". Naturally it need not be dull; but don't make something for the purpose of monkeying with the game.

@Kal: Okay. Whatever floats your pony.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:25 pm

cry can you try to use quote boxes in the future? They make things a good deal easier to follow.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:42 am

I always thought the quote boxes looked messy; but I can start using them if it makes you happier.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:44 am

Thank you

Question pony pox works the same way as chicken pox?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Better questions would be:
a) Who of us had cutie pox before?
b) How does Wraith and diseases interact (her backstory had her die from one, whilst her 'turn to ash' power seems like a biological reset)?
c) Symptoms, behavior, and such (Trotson can probably heal check for those)?
d) How do Timberwolves and diseases interact?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Not Crystal, so not neccessarily correct, but here's my thoughts on the matter.
If it's the cutie pox, I'd hazard none of us, as that was like a super rare disease. If it's more like pony-chicken pox, then probably all of us.
For Wraith and Wrangler, I'd again hazard that they're not generally susceptible to disease. This is (probably) an artifact though and might just infect them anyway, with extra concerns for them due to their semi-artifact natures.
Symptoms / behavior depends on if it's cutie pox or chicken pox. Hoping for chicken pox.
Timberwolves probably need to worry about wood rot and other tree diseases, but not things that affect ponies. Because wood.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Zarhon wrote:Better questions would be:
a) Who of us had cutie pox before?
b) How does Wraith and diseases interact (her backstory had her die from one, whilst her 'turn to ash' power seems like a biological reset)?
c) Symptoms, behavior, and such (Trotson can probably heal check for those)?
d) How do Timberwolves and diseases interact?

A) Not cutie-pox, pony-pox. More in a minute. Whether or not you've already had it is up to you, frankly.

B & D) Wraith and Wrangler are, for practical purposes, immune; to the normal kind, anyways. Haven't decided if our Artifact will have any impact or not. (They, however, would likely assume that it wouldn't.)

C) Go watch Hurricane Fluttershy (She's faking it, but it is otherwise accurate.) It's pretty much like chicken pox; however, it is pony specific; non-ponies do not catch it. Whether or not Trotson can heal it remains to be seen.

More info as warranted. I've given you the common knowledge; I will want skill checks before I say any more.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Busker is not a subtle agent.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:44 am

Lapis-Lazily wrote:"Ooh! If we getting toys from Manehattan, I hear there's this huge toy store Rockefilly plaza! Can we go when we finish the mission? Please? I promise I'll be good. They have so many great toys there! They've got cabbage patch fillies, Barley dolls, and even the newest line of My Little Human dolls. I got Farnsworth to hook up some cable a few months back. Been watching the show. It's really good, nothing like the older versions I used to watch. Higher quality. I hear it has a large following of grown Stallions and Mares. They're weird. It's a show for little fillies, even if it is an excellent one. But anyway the toy store in Manehattan is really great and I really want to go. It'll make the trip to the hospital worth it!"

Gurk! What have you DONE!?!

Yeeaah, if/when the shopping spree happens I'm probably gonna let Lapis and whoever goes with him worry about the contents/prices/etcetera. That part isn't so critical, as far as I'm concerned. (You'll get bonus points though, if you make it happen at the right time.)

In other news, if nobody else has any particular IC comments, I think we could time skip now. Probably to getting off the train.

Also, I apologize if my posting seems slow; my posting time window has gotten somewhat narrow lately...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next