Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

+7
Lapis-Lazily
Quietkal
Fury of the Tempest
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
Z2
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 9 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Crystalite Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:04 am

Quietkal wrote:Sorry, been in a bit of a funk lately.
Don't need to do any rolls to tie up the thieves I guess? Since we've asked multiple times and gotten no response from Crystal?
If we do end up needing a roll, I'd suggest Jade or Busker does the knot-tying, as Wrangler only has a 6 in Mechanics. He's a tackler, not a tier.
Perception/Streetwise for spotting a Guard/knowing who the pony to report these petty criminals to if that's not the correct authority?

No rolls required. You have no trouble tying them up.

You can roll Perception if it makes you feel better; at a glance there's not really anything much worth noticing. (Don't worry about possibly getting bored, the Pegasus is still concious; but, incidentally, is unable to resist properly.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP) - Page 9 Empty Re: My Little Warehouse (OOC, Sign-up, & Information) (PBP)

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:00 pm

Wrangler doesn't mind Busker riding on his back? Okaaay.  Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:36 pm

He probably doesn't, but then he doesn't appear to be going anywhere.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:57 pm

If Wrangler was intent on getting to the hospital as quickly as possible and he noticed Busker was lagging behind, he wouldn't mind carrying him.
But then again, Wrangler's not intent on getting to the hospital as quickly as possible because those two are Warehouse agents who are not at the moment trapped and should be able to handle it themselves.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:44 pm

Quietkal wrote:But then again, Wrangler's not intent on getting to the hospital as quickly as possible because those two are Warehouse agents who are not at the moment trapped and should be able to handle it themselves.
If the rolls Sunspot/Trotson are making so far are any indication, I think one of them is about to be trapped. Plus whatever other mayhem is going on inside the hospital.  Razz
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Quietkal wrote:But then again, Wrangler's not intent on getting to the hospital as quickly as possible because those two are Warehouse agents who are not at the moment trapped and should be able to handle it themselves.
If the rolls Sunspot/Trotson are making so far are any indication, I think one of them is about to be trapped. Plus whatever other mayhem is going on inside the hospital.  Razz

Of course, neither Wrangler or Busker would know about those rolls.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Crystalite wrote:
Zarhon wrote:

Of course, neither Wrangler or Busker would know about those rolls.
I can technically "hear" them, along with whatever Trotson says, with the Audiomancy thing.  Very Happy 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:20 am

That's true... but just like Trotson doesn't really *know*, merely suspects, that Sunny is following them, neither does Busker.

Busker only has what he hears to go off of; the stuff in OOC notes and spoilers are entirely meaningless to him.

EDIT: Do you guys want to go ahead and bump into each other soon? Can I have a show of hooves as to who is bumping into whom?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:08 am

Well Buskers up for going to hospital (slowly, due to his bad roll, unless Wrangler is carrying him). Dunno about the rest.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Considering the two groups are going (vaguely) towards each other I'll probably have you meet in the streets.

On another note, Young Maverick has been officially entered into Who You Gonna Call! So if you want to check out his character sheets or see him dip into the waters of the paranormal, keep an eye on that campaign! Or even enter a character of your own.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:32 am

I have a portrait of Maverick up! Why? Because Curunir is awesome, that's why!

Artesian Maverick:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:25 pm

He looks like Egon Spengler, if you ask me. Which kinda fits for the ghost-hunting campaign it was made for.

The one we're dealing with is probably older / more serious / chubbier (assuming his ghost-busting was a prequel to this campaign), which would fit more to the Warehouse 13 Artie.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Y'know, he does look like that. I wonder if Curinir did that on purpose...

Older? Hell yes (But I refuse to say how much.) More serious? Perhaps. At the very least more jaded. Chubbier?

Hmm. Interesting that the smaller, less important detail is the one that I find harder to work with. I had originally intended Maverick to be thinner all along - I didn't want it to feel like, "Oh, this is pretty much Arty just more pony." I wanted Maverick to feel more like his own character - an equivalent, rather than a direct translation. Of course, now with the Ghostbuster shenanigans that is going to convolute some. In some ways he's going to be even more like the insiring character, in terms of capability at least. In history, however, he's getting to be vastly different (Brony handwaved it away, but I'm still trying to resolve the time line issues without just saying "oh well, an Artifact did it.") Ironically, most of my characters seem to start that way; I take another character I like and start swapping things in and out until it's unique. (Usually.)

TL;DR: Sure, think of him as being a bit chubbier if you want. Think of this as like a high school photo he put on Facebook or something. (Do ponies have Facebook? I dunno. That could be funny...)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Hmm, it wasn't done on purpose, although I did rewatch Ghostbusters this past week, and was aware of your character joining that campaign that was starting up, so maybe I did subconsciously?  Consciously I was basing him a little off of Arty, although giving preference to your description.

But yeah I definitely see it now that you pointed it out, Zarhon
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Hey, this is the PH of Who You Gonna Call? speaking. If it helps at all the experience that Maverick gets as a member of the Ghostbusters would probably influence him to join/found/whatever the Warehouse several years down the line. I'm not very familiar with Warehouse 13 myself, so whatever timeline works for the character and makes some amount of sense is fine with me, but if it helps, maybe Ghostbreakers was his after-college/high school project and the Warehouse is him in the present day?

*slinks away*
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Hey, this is the PH of Who You Gonna Call? speaking. If it helps at all the experience that Maverick gets as a member of the Ghostbusters would probably influence him to join/found/whatever the Warehouse several years down the line. I'm not very familiar with Warehouse 13 myself, so whatever timeline works for the character and makes some amount of sense is fine with me, but if it helps, maybe Ghostbreakers was his after-college/high school project and the Warehouse is him in the present day?

*slinks away*

Oh no you don't! Get back here!

Yes, Ghost Busters is "right after college" Maverick (Hereafter Young Maverick, when we need to differentiate) and the Warehouse Supervisor is quite some time later (Elder Maverick).

The Ghostbusters may or may not directly inspire Maverick to join the Warehouse - however, it will draw their attention to him, and it will jade him enough that the idea of a Warehouse that stores dangerously inexplicable objects won't seem so ludicrous.

We have established (Somewhat) that this campaign is taking place in the "present day"; or, at least, references have been made to Princess Twilight (As opposed to normal Twilight), and Cadence and Luna as well. I won't give spoilers out (It's pretty far down the road) but these ponies are going to be important later.

That places Ghostbusters as some time substantially before that; Twilight either hasn't been born or is just a baby, NMM is still trapped in her lunar prison. Ponyville has in fact been established. Pretty sure the trains have too, or at least are about to be.

Or, alternatively, I could make a story involving time travel at a later date. Might make a fun cross-over session Very Happy
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Hmm... well, there's only one NPC I have written up that specifically would place the Ghostbusters in the modern day, but it's easy enough to write up a new one that serves much the same purpose. It would make sense if the Ghostbusters had their adventures, say, ~20-25 years before the Warehouse group? As for the crossover session thing, that does sound mighty interesting - we can work out the specifics over PM maybe?

also I may be writing up a character for this so as to be more involved with the process

*rolls away*
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Sounds good. I'll save you a spot if one opens up; buuut, right now, I think 6 is plenty enough players.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:20 am

Can I just say that I love writing Wraith's childish rambling posts? Because I really do.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:21 am

Apparently you can...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 am

Your Pegasus buddy is still trying to escape, but not by struggling with the ropes. She's looking at her situation more objectively, you think, rather than just fighting as hard as she can.

Speaking of looking, as you examine the Pegasus, you notice that she's staring at you with a peculiar gleam in her eye. A less observant pony might suppose she was "checking you out"; Wrangler knows a little better though.
Uhm, how is she doing that if I've blindfolded her?

Zarhon wrote:
Stuff:
Kinda specified that to keep her from observing anything we do.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:48 am

Zarhon wrote:
Your Pegasus buddy is still trying to escape, but not by struggling with the ropes. She's looking at her situation more objectively, you think, rather than just fighting as hard as she can.

Speaking of looking, as you examine the Pegasus, you notice that she's staring at you with a peculiar gleam in her eye. A less observant pony might suppose she was "checking you out"; Wrangler knows a little better though.
Uhm, how is she doing that if I've blindfolded her?

Zarhon wrote:
Stuff:

Kinda specified that to keep her from observing anything we do.

Cheerilee Derp Guess that idea's out. I'll go fix.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:52 pm

Maybe it's a tribal 'African' artifact we're looking for. Could be new (Busker's field) or old (Jade's field).

Depends on what kind of race a gazelle represents, I guess?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:34 pm

Zarhon wrote:Maybe it's a tribal 'African' artifact we're looking for. Could be new (Busker's field) or old (Jade's field).

Depends on what kind of race a gazelle represents, I guess?

Much like the Buffalo, the Deer/Gazelle (The terms are interchangable) are about equivalent to the Native Americans.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Native American? Depending on the history roll, that might explain the pox a bit better.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next