Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 13 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:20 am

"The guy is a unicorn right?" Gearick asked as he stepped up to the door, his horn beginning to glow purple. "Guessing his lock is magical." The unicorn quickly scanned the door with his magic the best he could.

Arcana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 am

After a cursory scan, the gate itself is apparently no magical, but the box has some kind of teleportation spell on it.

I guess it might not be clear- this is the gate to the front yard you're looking at, which is only fenced in.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:23 am

"Probably opens from the inside, still, shouldn't exactly be hard to hop over, its only a gate." Gearick said after he turned for Storm. "Especially for a pegasus, and if worse comes to worse, we can always smash it open."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:49 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"Probably opens from the inside, still, shouldn't exactly be hard to hop over, its only a gate." Gearick said after he turned for Storm. "Especially for a pegasus, and if worse comes to worse, we can always smash it open."

"Well, we probably could smash it open, but I'd hate to do that. Flying over would be the obvious choice, but that's probably trapped somehow. My guess would be, and from what you've told me*, once you put an appointment slip in it probably teleports you inside. We may be able to trick the device into letting us in. Not sure how, though."

*Gearick's arcane roll.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:14 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Group:
The guards continue toward Town Hall, ushering the rest along. Outside the neighborhood, the City definitely appears to be deteriorating. The temporary housing around town hall has been simultaneously expanded to accommodate the wealthy ponies from the quarantined Estates, and gutted to provide materials for barricades and defenses.
"How long do you estimate these barricades will hold?" Dodger asked a nearby guard, out of curiosity.

At the same time, though, he looked over the barricades himself - the guard could be overconfident, not willing to share accurate information, or just plain wrong. Of course, a GOOD guard would be none of those things, but Dodger rarely encountered "good" guards. Unfortunately he got distracted thinking about various guards he encountered over a series of past exploits and couldn't really concentrate on the barricades.

Oh hey I remembered this existed.

Perception to see the quality of the barricades and defenses: 1d20 (1) + 12 = WELP.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:08 am

Dodger:
The guard gave him a look, focused as he was on not really anything. "Long enough. They'll break down under serious assault, but the zombies aren't that aggressive. Just being there mostly deters them from anything."
Surveying the barricades, though, Dodger can see that they are remarkably defensible. The rust on the metal is surely an advantage, as well as the splinters from the cracked wood- anything actually attempting to break through would have a difficult time of it, risking injury and infection. Whoever built them certainly knew what they were doing.

Certainly.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:40 am

"Actually, I'm pretty confident that the slips get teleported inside, the doc reads them, and then can let them in using his magic or something." Gearick said after Storm had stated how he thought the magic works. "And I seriously doubt it would be trapped to stop ponies from flying over. THis is just an ordinary doctor after all, not a mad scientist."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"Actually, I'm pretty confident that the slips get teleported inside, the doc reads them, and then can let them in using his magic or something." Gearick said after Storm had stated how he thought the magic works. "And I seriously doubt it would be trapped to stop ponies from flying over. THis is just an ordinary doctor after all, not a mad scientist."

"Or possibly that too. As for the trapping, his security wouldn't be very effective if it only worked against 2/3 of the population."
With that, Storm kicks a small rock over the fence and into Dr. Quick Fixes territory and looks to observe any results. "His security would keep out unicorns and earth ponies easily, but pegasi? Not so much, if that was all there to it."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Storm:
The rock soars over the fence and lands halfway into his yard. It doesn't get zapped, fried, demolished, decimated or exploded, so that's a good sign.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 pm

"Well, okay, that was unexpected. Was expecting more zapping, frying, demolishing, decimating or exploding. Maybe it's cued to living things."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:41 pm

Cobalt:
"Maybe it's just a fence." Cobalt offers. "Do you have any better ideas? Because if not we should just climb it and find out."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:41 am

"There is one thing I'd like to try, but I've no idea if it'll work. I'd like to forge an appointment and see if it gets us in. Of course, if that doesn't work, I'll try flying over." Storm takes out his ever present notepad, and starts writing.

OOC: One doctor to another, I think Storm has a decent chance of forging an appointment. I'm also, hoping that there's some sort of automatic mechanism that opens the gate, rather than somepony inside needing to manually open it. Also, not sure what I'd roll here. If its mechanical, Gearick might be better off writing it with Storm assisting. If not, Storm will have to roll.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:00 am

"I still think your overthinking it Storm." Gearick said with a shake of his head at the pegasus' actions. "He's just an ordinary pony, I'm sure we'll able to fly over/climb over the fence/gate."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:55 am

"You might be right on me overthinking it. It just seems weird that he'd have this big security system, but leave what seems like a large, obvious hole in it."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:34 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:The guard gave him a look, focused as he was on not really anything. "Long enough. They'll break down under serious assault, but the zombies aren't that aggressive. Just being there mostly deters them from anything."
Surveying the barricades, though, Dodger can see that they are remarkably defensible. The rust on the metal is surely an advantage, as well as the splinters from the cracked wood- anything actually attempting to break through would have a difficult time of it, risking injury and infection. Whoever built them certainly knew what they were doing.

Certainly.
Dodger felt incredibly confident that the barricades would hold a potentially large force of crazed zombies. Potentially it might even prevent them from ever breaking in. He turned to Detective Scales, changing the subject.

"If I might ask, detective, have you met the Lieutenant before?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Storm, Gearick:
"I don't know, this doesn't seem like a place where security is too huge a concern." Cobalt speculates as he watches Storm write out a fake appointment slip. "Hang on, that doesn't seem right," he says upon seeing the finished product. "Shouldn't there be some kind of annotation from a doctor? And add the reason for appointment, you can then sign it since you're a doctor yourself, right?"

Storm, if you want, you may reroll your persuasion check with a +5 bonus.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:11 pm

"Hmm...good idea. Actually I was assuming the, hopefully, automatic processes that check these wouldn't look too closely at it." Storm makes some adjustments to the slip.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:52 am

“This is just a small town in the middle of nowhere. Seriously, until the virus sprung up, there wasn’t exactly anything of interest here. So I have to concur with Cobalt that security is not that big of a concern.” Gearick said as he waited for Storm to finish with the slip. He didn’t think it was necessary, but might as well try. “Still, I think the slip just gets teleported inside.”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:54 am

Storm inserts his new appointment slip into the slot.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:47 pm

Storm, Gearick:
The slip slides in, and you hear a distinctly magical sound, accompanied by a flash from the slot. Then, a distinct mechanical sound coming from the hinged ends of the gates, and the gate swings open freely. "Hmm." Cobalt grunts, walking forward up to the door. At the door another sign is posted. "Please wait for Confirmation of Appointment." He reads aloud. "Well that might also be a problem."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:58 pm

"I honestly wasn't sure that would work. Wonder what happens when the doctor needs to run errands or something." Storm pushes the cloud with Thermal into the courtyard.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:32 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"If I might ask, detective, have you met the Lieutenant before?"
Scales ponders...

(Streetwise Check: 16 (Roll) + 13 (Skill) = 29)

"Nah, I haven't. She's from Canterlot, she ain't too famous. That's all the wire I got on her."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:43 am

"Can we just smash the door down now?" Gearick asked, a little irritated by how long everything was taking, unnecessarily so. "Door's can be repaired and replaced. Lives can't. The quicker we create a cure, the better."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"Can we just smash the door down now?" Gearick asked, a little irritated by how long everything was taking, unnecessarily so. "Door's can be repaired and replaced. Lives can't. The quicker we create a cure, the better."

"This is just my gut feeling, but I've got the sneaking suspicion that the doctor is actually in.  If he is, he might not be very cooperative if we knock his door down."  Storm goes up to the door and knocks.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:19 pm

Storm, Gearick:
"Too true, sir." Before Storm can knock, a snobbish voice buzzes from seemingly nowhere. "Though I don't think you'd be able to kick it down in the first place. This is a very interesting fake appointment slip, had this been a regular day I'd be rather more suspicious of the purpose. But considering the situation outside, I'm not surprised you're trying to get in. Unfortunately, I do believe we are at capacity here, so you'll need to go find somewhere else to hide ad ride out the storm."

Dodger, Scales, Bells:
"The lieutenant was selected for this task by Commander Willowisp herself." The guard carrying Bells stops at the door to city hall. "She's not one to play around or cause any unnecessary concern." One of the others adds, "Just don't say anything she doesn't want to hear..."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next