Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 16 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:53 pm

"JUST GET THE BUCK OVER HERE!" His wings flare as he jumps a bit forward, out of the doorway. He is clearly angry.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:54 pm

"Not until you answer my question," said Dodger, taking a close look at the Pegasus.

Perception: 1d20 (18) + 12 = 30
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Dodger:
Looking him over, you notice that pegasus seems vaguely familiar- and the sound of two more pairs of flapping wings, signaling the arrival of two more pegasi, make it a little clearer who it is. "The bandages don't answer your question? How about, I was there when your griffon pal crossbowed one of my friends in the neck? Or when that unicorn screwed with our boss's head, and sent up that firestorm at us? Ring any buckin bells?" All three Pegasi close in on you. "All these zombies, the Guard is in town- rough times, and I want you to answer our bucking questions. The griffon and the unicorns aren't here to help you out."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:20 pm

Dodger gave a smirk. He didn't feel completely confident - it was three against one, and who knows how long it would take for a guard to show up, especially in this part of town - but three pegasi, one injured, shouldn't be TOO difficult to handle. Even if violence WAS necessary... a ghastly thought, but one he was learning to stomach after his trip to the void.

"Really?" said Dodger. "And what makes you think I'd give you the answer you're looking for? You seem like the type who would only accept one particular answer, after all."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Dodger:
The griffons take a few more steps in around you. "Listen, we don't necessarily want to make this a big deal. We just want to know what you guys did to Garrison. After the bar he disappears for a few hours, comes back all wierded up, and then after he grabbed that Pegasus mare, he's been missing since." One of the others steps forward. "And if you can't tell us, then we'll send you back to your buddies as an example, until someone who knows something can tell us."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 pm

"The last you saw of him is the last we saw of him," said Dodger. "Though not for a lack of trying. We did, however, find at one point that he was under the river, though I doubt he remains. I take it that's not the answer you were looking for, but I must warn you I'm in no mood to be made an example of."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:54 am

Dodger:
"Under the river?" "Sounds like bullshit." "Well he did fly that way a few times." "Shut it!" The first pegasus snaps at the other two, and then to you, "What does that even mean, under the river? How stupid do you think we are?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 am

"I think I understand... why not tw- work along side him, then? If he is that good, you could learn something from working with him."
"He already taught me everything I know. He's why I'm in this business."
"How has it been going for you?"
"Eh, all silk so far."
Bells thinks for a moment. "Ho, could you please explain what you mean by that?"
"Everything's been fine."
"Good, good..."
Night Scales looks around for a seat, finding one and bringing it the Bells' bedside and sits down.
"Are you happy here?"
"Eh, can't complain," shrugs Night Scales
"I know of places much better than here, thanks to my travels. I can take you to some of them if you like, after this... ho... is done?"
Scales considers the offer. "Well... I dunno. Once the infection stops I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of ponies decided to go crooked during the madness, we're gonna need to move fast if we wanna catch those redhots."
"Well then after that. I can help you in those vases where magic is involved."
"Yeah, I'd like that." Scales thinks for a moment. "Yeah, when I was being taught, my father would present me with cases he made up, you know, for practice? He'd often do cases where the solution was seemingly obvious, at least for me, but it turns out that there was magic at work. Got to the point I was always second guessing myself, you know?"
"Ho, I know very well what you mean. No more... 'second guessing' as long as I am with you."
"Sure thing kid"
"I was wandering... do you like mares?"
"Like mares?"
"Yes." At this point, though her fur is already red, it looks like Bells it blushing.
Night Scales looks confused. "I don't get what you're yapping on about. What do you mean 'like mares'?"
Bells sighs. "I... ho..." She moves her face close to Scales', and presses her lips gently against those not so far from her own. "That is what I mean."
Scales quickly reels her head back in surprise. She burys her head into her neck and fiddles about with her tie, tidying it up. "No, no," she mutters quietly without making eye contact, "I, I ain't into broads."
Bells looks down. "Too bad. You are so much better than so many other mares."
Scales doesn't reply.
"Are- are you okay?"
"Yeah, yeah. Just..."
"I- ho... sorry..." Bells resettles on the bed, looking at the far wall with her eyes half-closed.
After a few moments of silence, Scales mumbles "I'm, err, I'm gonna  keep an eye out for this doc then," and gets off her chair.
Bells continues to mope.
Scales takes a last look at the unicorn, and then leaves
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:20 am

Scales, Bells:
Scales doesn't have to get very far to find the doctor, who has returned in a similar rush to the one he left in. "OK, sorry, had to go check something out. Let me just..." He pushes past Scales into the room, and makes a beeline for the sleeping stallion. "Wake up, Mr. Bristle, I need to check your injury." The stallion groans as he groggily wakes up. "Doc, c'mon I was having a really cool dream. There were these two mares-" "I'm sure it was phenomenal." The doctor says, checking over a large bandage on the stallion's leg. "Looks fine, ok, back to your dream." He turns his attention to Bells. "Alright, miss, can you tell me your name, what kind of injury, and exactly where it hurts?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:34 am

"Silver Bells, stepped on repeatedly, or 'internal injuries', stomach." She says, pointing as best she can at the exact point.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 am

"Hmm, well that could be a lot less serious, or a lot more, than I hoped." The doctor takes a seat on a wheeled stool, bringing his head close to take a look at your side. "On a scale from 1 to Bloody Murder, how much pain are you in right now, and how much has it caused you before now?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:Dodger:
"Under the river?" "Sounds like bullshit." "Well he did fly that way a few times." "Shut it!" The first pegasus snaps at the other two, and then to you, "What does that even mean, under the river? How stupid do you think we are?"
"In an ideal world I would think you are plenty intelligent," said Dodger. "And could realize that there are ways under the river that don't involve diving straight down. Having said that, however, my opinion of your intelligence relies heavily on your ability to figure out those ways for yourself."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Gearick was about to share his current theroy with Colbat, but decided against it. Best ask for Storm's opinion when they managed to catch up with him after collecting the payment... which might take longer, as his fellow guard brought up a slight problem... "I'm kinda new here as well, so I don't know me way around either."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Dodger:
One of the other Pegasi looks like he's about to tackle you, but the first speaks again, through gritted teeth. "Last chance to be civil. If you don't know where he is, then tell us what YOU guys did to him. You fucked with is head, somehow, what did you do."

Gearick:
"Well fantastic. Let's try.... this way." He begins, making his way north along the street. He eyes the address, trying to figure out the addresses. Unfortunately, many of them don't seem to have their house numbers visible, or much other in the way of discerning features.

Dodger will need a persuasion check on anything he says next that isn't something they want to hear.

Gearick can roll Streetwise to help find it, OR roll perception for other reasons.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:05 pm

"Ho, now it is a 2, but earlier it was a 5, even 8 or 9 at one point."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Bells:
"Ok, then. Stepped on? Like trampled? Definitely could cause some serious internal injury." He glances at Scales. "She brought you in, are you two related? Because its up to you on whether you want her to watch your examination. Most ponies like it to be private."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:27 am

Storm pauses and turns to Juniper. "By chance, would you happen to have any red oak and/or sugar? They're ingredients in my cure, and it just won't work without it?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 am

One of the other Pegasi looks like he's about to tackle you, but the first speaks again, through gritted teeth. "Last chance to be civil. If you don't know where he is, then tell us what YOU guys did to him. You fucked with is head, somehow, what did you do."
"If you will remember I was upstairs when the priest 'fucked with his head'," said Dodger, ashamed that he had to use such vulgar language. "And, lacking in magical knowledge, I can only make my best guess as to what he did. Thankfully, he told me - he said he made it so that, whenever he tried to hurt someone that wasn't part of his gang, he would feel as if he were on fire."

Persuasion: 1d20 (14) + 10 = 24
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:43 am

As he followed for now, Gearick looked around the area. Trying to search for clues as to were they needed to go, anything to help them get an idea of were they where, and how to get to their location... what Gearick wouldn't give for a map of the town right about now, as they sorely needed it currently.

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:15 pm

"I think I will leave it up to her to decide if she wishes to stay."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Storm:
Juniper still remains silent, but pauses, thinking. Then she gives a quick nod, and continues on. She opens a door into a living room, decorated similarly to the front foyer. She gestures to a seat, before leaving through another door. Before you can investigate further, though, a third door, across the room, opens, and a short, overweight pony in a tie and coat shuffles into the room. "Well then," he begins, offering a hoof with a slimy look on his face, "Welcome Doctor... Storm, yes? Welcome to my home and place of business."

Dodger:
"That...what?" The three look at each other at varying levels of disbelief. "You can do that?" "No way, that's manure." "That's bucking unicorn magic." The first one looks at you again. "Listen you... I don't wanna fucking see you again. You or anyone else. You stay here and you'll regret it, I'm only letting you walk away once." The other two nod along.

Gearick:
Trying to spot any sort of reference for the address seems to be fruitless, and after a moment you are distracted anyway, by the telltale giggling of zombies nearby. You can't tell how many or how far, but there are probably some around a bend to your left, and maybe another 2 or 3 approaching from the right.

Bells, Scales:
The physician cocks an eyebrow, glancing over at Scales again. "Fair enough, I'd be concerned for my S/O, too." He gets off the stool and goes to retrieve some latex gloves and a stethoscope from a repurposed filing cabinet. "Ok, miss, i need you to try and lay flat on your back, as spread eagle as you can."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Storm:
Juniper still remains silent, but pauses, thinking. Then she gives a quick nod, and continues on. She opens a door into a living room, decorated similarly to the front foyer. She gestures to a seat, before leaving through another door. Before you can investigate further, though, a third door, across the room, opens, and a short, overweight pony in a tie and coat shuffles into the room. "Well then," he begins, offering a hoof with a slimy look on his face, "Welcome Doctor... Storm, yes? Welcome to my home and place of business."

Storm takes the offered hoof.  "Dr,  Quick-Fix.  Seems quite comfortable.  Very secure."

Perception Check on Dr. Quick-Fix. Odd question to ask, but is he about the same size as Juniper?
Roll(1d20)+7:
9,+7
Total:16
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:36 pm

"That...what?" The three look at each other at varying levels of disbelief. "You can do that?" "No way, that's manure." "That's bucking unicorn magic." The first one looks at you again. "Listen you... I don't wanna fucking see you again. You or anyone else. You stay here and you'll regret it, I'm only letting you walk away once." The other two nod along.
"Funny. Your boss tried threatening us much the same way. It didn't turn out too well for him. You're smart enough fellows to recognize patterns, I hope."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:22 am

Storm:
"Yes, private practice affords such luxuries. And the nature of my work demands securities like ours." You don't catch much abut his physical appearance beyond his powder blue coat and salmon colored mane, but he is clearly a few inches shorter and several inches rounder than Juniper. Any suspicion about them being the same pony (as if you would have such a silly notion) vanishes when the other door reopens and Juniper walks in with a tray. On the tray is a vintage looking tea set, and she sets it down on a table in front of each of you. Juniper exits again, but you notice she left an extra dish of sugar on the tray. "Please, have a seat, have some tea, Doctor." Quick Fix motions to the seat, and takes his own in an overly large easy chair. "I do believe we can discuss some of this and that, perhaps make some progress on this whole 'cure' notion."

Dodger:
"Yeah, but you just said YOU didn't do anything to him yourself." The lead pegasus sneers, unimpressed. "Last chance to walk, or you don't walk again for a long time."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:49 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:Storm:
"Yes, private practice affords such luxuries. And the nature of my work demands securities like ours." You don't catch much abut his physical appearance beyond his powder blue coat and salmon colored mane, but he is clearly a few inches shorter and several inches rounder than Juniper. Any suspicion about them being the same pony (as if you would have such a silly notion) vanishes when the other door reopens and Juniper walks in with a tray. On the tray is a vintage looking tea set, and she sets it down on a table in front of each of you. Juniper exits again, but you notice she left an extra dish of sugar on the tray. "Please, have a seat, have some tea, Doctor." Quick Fix motions to the seat, and takes his own in an overly large easy chair. "I do believe we can discuss some of this and that, perhaps make some progress on this whole 'cure' notion."

Storm takes a seat. "Thank you, though I must admit, I am rather itching to visit the lab. I feel I've been idle too long. Would it be possible to talk there?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next