Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 33 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Gearick resisted the urge to curse under his breath when Cobalt got a message and had to depart, leaving him by himself. On the one-hand, they didn't have any evidence that Quick Fix was up to no good, so they couldn't do anything... and the cure was of huge importance, so they needed to get access to his labs. The unicorn rubbed his forehead underneath his horn, feeling a headache starting to come on as he was asked how they think they should go about it. "Okay... your good at illusions. That much is obvious. The question is, can we cast an illusion on the book to change its contents without Quick Fix knowing? And how long could we make it last?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:50 pm

"Good to see you're doing well Bend Sleuth," smiles Night Scales...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Storm:
"Oh, uh.. of course. Not on hoof, I don't think, unless Miss Juniper..." He looks at her hopefully, but she simply shakes her head, showing a medical form of some kind that she's taking notes on. "...No, so her file would be back in my office for right now. Really, I've just given her a final check and something to relax a bit, and she'll be free to leave shortly- assuming she would want to, what with the situation outside."

Gearick:
"Well... I would assume that he wants this book because he knows what's in it. It's... really alright, if you need it to solve this crisis, I don't mind if you take it. Just give him what he wants, I'll deal with the consequences once the town is safe."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:12 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Storm:
"Oh, uh.. of course. Not on hoof, I don't think, unless Miss Juniper..." He looks at her hopefully, but she simply shakes her head, showing a medical form of some kind that she's taking notes on. "...No, so her file would be back in my office for right now. Really, I've just given her a final check and something to relax a bit, and she'll be free to leave shortly- assuming she would want to, what with the situation outside."

"That's a little surprising.  I would think if you're dealing with a specific patient, it would be good to know if the drugs could cause an allergic reaction, or possibly react badly with something else she's been given."

Storm moves over by Sunburst.

"Might I take a look? Just to soothe my conscious."

OOC:
History: What does Storm know about testing experimental drugs? Does Storm know of any drugs that are promising, but may have difficulty finding testers?
Roll(1d20)+7:
4,+7
Total:11
Well, it was shot in the dark anyway.

Perception: Anything else about the room that doesn't gel with Dr. Quick-Fix's story?
Roll(1d20)+7:
7,+7
Total:14
Bah.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:06 pm

(During that few second exchange Sunburst has  kept babbling with a few lulls)
"...And then somepony kept saying 'raincloud' over and over, it was *really* annoying, or was I saying that? I was pretty thirsty and I usually get a quick sip from a cloud if I get thirsty on shift.  My stupid tail kept itching though, or was that my leg? I dunno..."

Sunburst trails off, when Quick Fix mentions the 'situation outside' she flinches a little.  She keeps an eye on Storm as he starts walking towards her and she scoots away from him when he gets close still looking at him, then she glances at Quick Fix then Juniper and back to Storm.

(OOC: I don't know how the people in the room are situated around the bed, but she will try to move scoot away from Storm, if she ends up moving towards Quick Fix or Juniper she'll shift back away from them fidgeting until she finds a satisfactory [to her medicated brain] equilibrium, based mostly on how much attention they're paying her)
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsser23 Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 pm

"Yeah, you too Night Scales. Now where is this guard that brought Autumn Leaf here?"

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Storm, Sunburst:
Cardbo wrote:
OOC:
History: What does Storm know about testing experimental drugs?  Does Storm know of any drugs that are promising, but may have difficulty finding testers?
Roll(1d20)+7:
4,+7
Total:11
Well, it was shot in the dark anyway.

Perception: Anything else about the room that doesn't gel with Dr. Quick-Fix's story?
Roll(1d20)+7:
7,+7
Total:14
Bah.
You don't know any such drugs. Nor does anything else about the room factor as a discrepancy. All you would have to go on are what you've heard before, from him as well as from Juniper and Sunburst.

"No, not at all. She should be perfectly ok now, just a bit out of it."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:01 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:
"No, not at all. She should be perfectly ok now, just a bit out of it."

Turning to Sunburst, Storm asks.

"Ms. Sunburst, I'd like to take a look at you if I may?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Sunburst jolts a little when the third pony, Doctor Storm, Quick Fix called him, talks to her, and scoots a litter further away up to the edge of the bed.  She eyes the Doctor Storm warily trying to see if she can trust him, she doesn't know what his intentions are.  She then looks at Quick Fix to see his reaction.  Finally she says:

"Wh-Why?"

Perception Rolls:
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Sunburst:
You can't really gauge this new doctor's intent. But, you do see Quick Fix scowl behind his back, shooting Juniper a glance. He s clearly growing agitated with the situation progressing as it is. It doesn't seem like he wants Doctor Storm's second opinion on the matter.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:51 am

Bubblez wrote:Sunburst jolts a little when the third pony, Doctor Storm, Quick Fix called him, talks to her, and scoots a litter further away up to the edge of the bed.  She eyes the Doctor Storm warily trying to see if she can trust him, she doesn't know what his intentions are.  She then looks at Quick Fix to see his reaction.  Finally she says:

"Wh-Why?"

"You said your nose was bleeding like the falls."

Turn back slightly to Dr. Quick-Fix. "I'm assuming clotting agent has been applied, correct?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Storm:
You catch Quick Fix's expression changing as you look at him. "Of course, the last injection we gave her was a coagulant and minor depressant, to slow the blood loss. She should be just fine now."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:33 am

Jsser23 wrote:"Yeah, you too Night Scales. Now where is this guard that brought Autumn Leaf here?"
"We're meeting up outside. Come tag along." Night Scales starts moving again...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsser23 Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:10 pm

"Alright then, lead the way." Penned starts to follow Night scales.

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Turning back to Sunburst. "If this is making you uncomfortable, I'll just ask how you feel and leave it at that."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Sunburst eyes Quick Fix, then looks at Storm and fidgets "Y-yeah that'd be better."
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:47 am

"Okay. How do you feel?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:19 am

Gearick scratched the back of his head, trying to think of a way to solve this dilemia... but, he couldn't think of anything. The mare was most likely right, and casting such a spell would probably take some time, and time was a limited commodity here... with a sigh, Gearick gently grasped the book with his magic and lifted it away from the mare, saying. "This seems to be my only option... but I will try to make sure that you don't get blackmailed at all." Gearick didn't really wait for a reply as he turned to leave, knowing that the quicker he got back, the better.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Town Hall Group
You all begin to exit town Hall. On your way out, Scales feels something... odd, like something crawling in her mane. It is pulled this way and that, before finally her bun is pulled loose, and Koli flies out. "Gooood nap. Got stuck though." At the same time, form different directions, two cats run up to the party, one of them jumping up onto Bells, the other rubbing against Sleuth's legs. Heading down the steps, Blackberry glances around, and then spots something. "YOU!" She dashes off, running up to a trio of Pegasi, to stallions and a mare. The mare cocks an eyebrow and smirks at her. "Yeah, something else you need?" Blackberry comes right up to her, getting in her face. "I'm cancelling your little contract. Stay away from my son, you sadistic bitch." The stallions "ooooooh" at the comment, and the mare's face drops. "The buck did you say to me?"

Gearick:
"Of course. Thank you." Pepper turns her wheelchair back around, facing the curtained window once again.
You head downstairs and to the exit, noting the very convincing illusion now in place. As you head out onto the street, you are struck with how eerie it is. There is a light breeze, sun high in the sky, houses shut up and street abandoned. As you turn to walk back to Quick Fix's place, you see a single pony standing in the street, watching you.

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:34 pm

Gearick was not in all that good mood when he left the house, and for everything to be so silent was not good for his nerves. He knew the place was under quarantine, but this was just... different. An empty silence all of its own, that made the place even more eerie than usual. Shaking his head, the unicorn turned to head back to Figure Head's house, only to nearly jump out of his skin to see a single pony down the street. After calming himself, he began to slowly advanced, carefully observing the pony.

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Gearick:
He's.... big. Quite a large Unicorn, at least two heads taller than you, he is Bright yellow with an aqua mane. He begins walking toward you, matching your pace- and then lets out a gruff, but unmistakable giggle, and runs at you.

You have one action before combat begins.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:07 pm

"Oh hell no. I am not getting into another fight. I'm gonna be a bloody engineer!" Gearick said firmly, nearly shouting at the end. Sick and tired of magic this and magic that. He wasn't a mage, he was an engineer! And he was going to use his engineering right now! Okay, yes he used his magic to grab lose materials from bins and such, but apart from that, it was a quick construction project. Crafting a make-shift flying device, which the unicorn quickly used to get away from the ground. Intending to get back to Quick-Fix's location ASAP.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Sunburst shakes her head to clear the cobwebs that have apparently sprung up. She shifts so she's laying upright with her legs folded under her and looking at Doctor Storm, her wings fidget a little, being upright seemed to clear her head a little. She still didn't trust this Doctor Storm, but what he is doing is making Quick Fix angry, she glances towards Quick Fix and Juniper, and that's... something.

"Right now, kind of like I'm two thirds the way through a triple shift, wings are cramped, head hurts, tired, sore..." she seems to zone out then gives her head a quick shake brings out a leg and wipes it across her muzzle, "my nose was bleeding a lot, it started when the drugs hit, bled for a while too, till they needle'd me again," Sunburst's ears flatten and she glances at Quick Fix and Juniper with a mixture of fear and anger, her expression settles and she looks down at the bed then back at Storm. She seems hesitant to continue.
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Bubblez wrote:Sunburst shakes her head to clear the cobwebs that have apparently sprung up.  She shifts so she's laying upright with her legs folded under her and looking at Doctor Storm, her wings fidget a little, being upright seemed to clear her head a little. She still didn't trust this Doctor Storm, but what he is doing is making Quick Fix angry, she glances towards Quick Fix and Juniper, and that's... something.

"Right now, kind of like I'm two thirds the way through a triple shift, wings are cramped, head hurts, tired, sore..." she seems to zone out then gives her head a quick shake brings out a leg and wipes it across her muzzle, "my nose was bleeding a lot, it started when the drugs hit, bled for a while too, till they needle'd me again," Sunburst's ears flatten and she glances at Quick Fix and Juniper with a mixture of fear and anger, her expression settles and she looks down at the bed then back at Storm.  She seems hesitant to continue.

"Seems you've had a rough day, though I hope it'll get better."

He pauses and turns around a bit.

"Listen, I have some business with Dr. Quick-Fix and Juniper. Do you think you'll be okay if we left you alone for awhile?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsser23 Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Penned seems happy when he sees his cat, but he is quickly taken aback by Blackberry's sudden outburst. He runs toward Blackberry and starts to push her back a little bit and turns to the pony that she snapped at,"Hey there, how's it going? Listen she's not thinking straight, she's a little tired, just need to get her out of here." Penned eyes back at the group signaling to help him.

Persuasion Check :

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next