Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

+7
Zarhon
mjh6
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
Colter Bolt
A1C Bronymous
Elacular
11 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 5 Empty Re: Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

Post  Eline4 Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:08 pm

I am so excited this is going to be great! I can't wait until we start I'm sorry I am just incredibly excited right now. Everyone's characters are amazing and I'm kind of jealous of how good everyone's is honestly. But I'm happy we're all going to be playing, too.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 5 Empty Re: Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

Post  Elacular Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:20 pm

I'm feeling the exact same way. I am pretty glad I have a week to get my stuff together though. A proper SBURB session takes a butt-ton of planning. I will be counselling with you guys about some NPCs as well, but that can wait.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:30 pm

I can imagine! I sincerely am applauding you, I can't even imagine how much effort that will take. But if it isn't something that needs to be done with more then one person, and you aren't busy, you can get mine done now! I'm happy to get it done whenever is best for you all. But there may be a reason for waiting so if there is then that's no problem.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:37 am

July 4th? Cool, I'll be getting off of work early on that day. As for ideas of what to call this iteration of SBURB, no idea, though I did just accidently type it as SBURG, so we could call it that.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:11 pm

How about VILLE?

I'm guessing SBURB is meant to stand for suburb, and...well, Ponyville and all.

SBURG is kind of nice too though. Just a slight but meaningful twist on it.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Yeah, SBURB is supposed to be like suburb, but the other iteration didn't have anything to do with suburbs. It was SGRUB, and the only explanation given to that one was that they used grubs to play the games.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Exactly. That's why I'm hesitant to come up with another thingy. Though I will grant, I kinda like how SBURG rolls off the tongue. It's in consideration.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Took a peek at the other character sheets. Somebody fill me in... What's up with the second person writing style on those backstories? Because Crystalite is confuzzled.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:55 pm

That's something of a staple of homestuck writing style to do all character introductions in this manner. Don't worry, it probably won't impact the RP at all. Also, everyone I haven't spoken to about guardians, please PM me. Also, apologies for my inevitably sparse posting. I'm gonna have trouble finding WiFi on the fourth.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:43 am

I don't expect you to read all of Homestuck, but here's a link to the first page. Read between four and seven pages and you'll get the second-person style.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:19 pm

DOUB<LE PO>ST

Alright, so first: I have to work tomorrow. This shouldn't be TOO big a deal, as people playing SBURB tend to start apart doing their own thing and may not necessarily start playing at the same time (though as a matter of general tradition the Leader tends to be the first person to start playing the game, though that's flexible as is my status as Leader). Also, I will be able to post tomorrow, it'll just be a few hours later than the rest of you.

Secondly.

Ahem.

ALRIGHT, NERDS, LISTEN UP BECAUSE IT IS TIME FOR ME TO LEARN YOU A THING CALLED "TYPING QUIRKS".

As you already know, everyone who uses Pesterchum gets their own chumhandle, which we all already have. What you may not know is that every person who uses Pesterchum gets text in Courier New, in their own specialized color and a system of typing called "Typing quirks". What are typing quirks, you ask? Typing quirks are distinctive manners of capitalization, spelling, and/or punctuation what separates your character from being character b.

Typing quirks can be as simple as only typing in lowercase, like this:

eB: i am not a homosexual.

Or as compicated as making a cat face with two mouths before everything you type and replacing any two 'e's in a row with the number 33.

AC: :33 < *ac saunters from her dark cave a little bit sl33py from the recent kill*

They can be as simple as using perfect grammar and punctuation all the time,

TT: Consider this your first lesson in showmanship.

Or as annoying as alternating between capital and lowercase letters all the time.

TC: HoNk HoNk. :o)

Everyone has them! Mine personally is a typing quirk not of syntax but of color; I switch the color of my text with every line I type. It should also be noted that each pesterlog begins with the following text, exactly as formatted and with the proper colors, replacing the chumhandles as necessary:

gallowsCalibrator [GC] began trolling terminallyCapricious [TC]

The actual conversation is not centered, by the way.

I know it's a lot to take in, but it's necessary - this is how you communicate in Homestuck universe, at least until you're able to meet up with your fellow players in person, which might not be for a while. I suppose technically you could roleplay typing everything out and just have your character say what they're typing, but where's the fun in that, I ask?

If you're still confused by all this, I've got a link to one of the first convesations by way of Pesterchum in Homestuck here.

Wait no that's the wrong thing. HERE we go! Make sure to click the button that says "show pesterlog" on it to see it! Watch out for foul language, however.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:36 pm

Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Great! Long-winded introductions will be forthcoming later this evening.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Just to keep from clogging the IC thread any more, Everyone sees one of the two messages I posted when they boot up their first disk. Including Breeze now.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Breezes blog is now updated with that information; sorry Ekacular.

And if I'm going to keep that up, might just create an actual blog for her. Anyone know any decent sites?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:43 pm

No big, I'd love that and not a clue.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:14 pm

*cough* tumblr *cough*

Seriously though, I really don't know a good place either.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Tumblr is hit or miss really... Be careful there... There are HOARDS of anti-bronies and other types of crazies that do stuff on that site... Sure you can stay in the safe-zone. But just be forewarned of the dangers that do happen in that website. Bullying and mob mentality are two of it's biggest flaws... But at the same time I do follow a lot of fun pony blogs on Tumblr so it's good for that.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:01 pm

If you can sort through the overenthusiasts with the "us vs. them" mentality then you can learn some genuine life lessons too, provided you're willing to listen instead of just assume "feminist = wrong".
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:34 pm

That truthism works on ALL sides in the tumblr-verse... As long as you willing to hear out any side that is honestly wanting to talk and debate viewpoints with logic and reason. The place is fun... Just rabid insane types of all walks of life seem to gravitate to Tumblr... And this is coming from somebody who proudly uses tumblr as well, just never would wanna promote the place without some level or warning to what to look out for to staying away from if you don't wanna deal with that type of madness.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Yeah, honestly, tumblr isn't that great of a place. I suggested it as a joke, and I wasn't as clear on that front as I could have been.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:59 pm

...oh my god, he's like the unholy palechild of Karkat and Gamzee. I love it.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:34 pm

Comments are a lot harder without using periods.

I forget who, but someone mentioned that each character has a certain quirk to their comments: Skynigh/queenPegasaurus doesn't use periods; initially.the joke was that she was too young to have them yet. Of course, she isn't anymore; but now it's such a habit that she can't help it.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Hey, I was wondering, does Black Slate create game hacks?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:01 am

He probably could, but doesn't unless he's extremely bored.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next