Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

+7
Zarhon
mjh6
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
Colter Bolt
A1C Bronymous
Elacular
11 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:16 am

well, what's your character like?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:20 am

Earth pony who just got out of required schooling and has almost buried himself in the Telekinet. He's very much into games of any kind, and his sense of humor is filled with puns, and in rare moments grim jokes. He was pretty good in school, where if he had actually applied himself as much as he could, he could have been in the top ten, if not the best in the school.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:29 am

Okay then.

My character's an Earth Pony, too, and she's also very into games and practically lives on the telekinet. However, she tends towards being rather cold, quiet and very serious. She only does enough schoolwork to pass, and only speaks up to question the stability of pony society. I wouldn't imagine her having a lot of close friends, but I'm open to them knowing each other.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:26 am

Also Earth Pony (I am sensing a trend and hmmmm if it continues). Black messy mane and tail, each and every way. Brown coat. Purple Hoodie, deep dark bags under the purple eyes. No Cutie Mark.

Personality: Grumpy
Background: Grumpy
Future Aspirations: Grumpy

...alright, jokes aside, I'll reveal myself as the roleplay goes. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Earth pony
Sorry to spoil the theme, you guys, but I think I'm going to go with a Pegasus. I've been wanting to give one a try for a while, even if the Pegasus I have in mind isn't exactly...traditional.

I don't have a name or gender sorted out for them yet, but I'm kind of leaning towards the element of Laughter. For a Pegasus they have a very grounded personality... in fact, it's positively subterranean. They used to be very easy going (to the point they referred to themselves as a Beach Pony when talking about their tribe) but then... something happened, and now they are generally a lot more nervous, reclusive and edgy, buying into (and propagating) a bunch of wild conspiracy theory and rumours, like that Princess Celestia banished her sister to the moon to secure a Solar Empire for a thousand years, or that the Changeling "invasion" was fabricated to bolster patriotic pride in the royal institution... or that the princesses have information which they suppress from the general population related to the end of the world.

The Truth is Out There, Ponies!
EDITEh, trifecta. Female pegasus pony, Sea Spray, former beach pony, current conspiracy blogger. Latest post: Was the Lunar Banishment FAKED?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Alright. My understanding of our demographic so far, including the character facts Crys has shared with me.

We have three female ponies, one male and one without a currently established gender.

Three earth ponies, one Pegasus and one unicorn

And one as of her unknown player.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Hello! Um, I really wanted to join your campaign, but I'm new to this system. I don't want to annoy anyone by asking too many questions or not being good at this, but I figured I might as well ask, since the worst thing that could happen is a no.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Hey, s'allright. I was a noob once too. Hell, to be perfectly honest, I still feel like I am. But as long as the other players would be cool with it, I'd be more than glad to help you through this.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:17 pm

I'd be cool with it. And hey, if you ever feel like people are getting annoyed by your questions (they won't, promise, but if you feel like they are) you can feel free to PM those questions to me, both in regards to this game and any you might join after. I'll never be annoyed by them.

Welcome to the forums, Eline4! We're very happy to have you here! Smile
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:31 pm

Thank you for the chance and the welcome, really. I hope no one minds, because this seems fun and everyone is nice.

But I may be sending a few questions your way, Writer, if I get confused with something. I'm doing okay so far, but I'm still rereading everything the fifth time or so to be safe.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Nice to meet you!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:34 pm

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:38 pm

Just to be clear, the same thing APW said goes for me too. You can always ask me questions, as a gm, a player or as just another forum crawler. Can't garuntee I'll answer well, but I'll try my best.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:34 am

So, here's some blank space, in case any of you wanted to fill it in.

Also, Eline, I'll do my best if you send any questions my way as well.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:55 am

I like him! The only issue I saw was that you didn't add your tricks of the trade bonus to your expert skill. In my experience, expert doesn't count as trained, but it's up to you of course.

EDIT: Also, what would you guys prefer to be the science skill? Mechanics, arcana, a combination of the two, straight knowledge or judged on a case to case basis?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:01 am

Well, if you allow it, I'm taking advantage of it. And I think it should be a case to case basis.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:13 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll be taking you all up on your offers eventually.

Blank Space seems really interesting! It looks like he will be fun to interact with. And I guess case to case basis would be the most flexible and easy to work with.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:26 am

I just realized I forgot the ponychum info. Added it
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:28 am

How the hell did I miss that? Thanks for being observant, Colt.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:36 am

Well, Perception is my strongest stat. Jokes aside, it was less me bring observant and more me trying to sleep but instead reviewing everything I've done.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:32 am

As they said Eline, welcome! Don't worry about asking questions though, since... honestly, I'm in much the same boat and no one has bit my hand off for it. Yet.

So, I'm gonna get to work on Sea Sprays sheet (er...to the point where I'm considering renaming her Ocean Breeze), but it occurred to me that her being female is kind of taking up a slot. If anyone else would prefer to play a female pony, let me know and I can change him to a stallion if you want.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:13 am

Elacular wrote:EDIT: Also, Zarhon, I think I might have missed a nuance. Do you wanna be on the list?
Nah, got too many other games committed to already.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:49 pm

Okee dokee. That works out well because we pretty much have a full roster now! Woot!
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:51 pm

So... I'm working on Ocean Breezes character sheet (and about 90% sure I'm sing that name rather than Sea Spray). Thought I'd toss out what I've got, to see if anyone wants to start the campaign... aware of OB.

I say "aware" rather than 'friends with' because Ocean is kind of a hard mare to get along with these days. Most of her time online is spent contributing to conspiracy forums; she actually runs a blog, "Off the Sea", where she recaps (and suggests) some of the more popular Equestrian conspiracies, mostly along the theme of Tyrant Celestia.

So...anyone interested in subscribing to OBs blog? Or being connected/aware of her in other ways?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Blank has probably seen the blog, because of video game conspiracies. He searched those up, and followed the rabbit trail ended up at Off the Sea. That's all he would have done with it though, looked at it and then went back to his games.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next