Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

+7
Zarhon
mjh6
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
Colter Bolt
A1C Bronymous
Elacular
11 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 7 Empty Re: Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

Post  Elacular Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:17 am

Yeah. Sorry for derping up and thank you.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 7 Empty Re: Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

Post  Elacular Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Yo Crys, you wanna describe your house for Blank or should I?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Go nuts. Only note, floor is wooden, everything else is cloud. Because unicorn in Cloudsdayle.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Guys

Please

Please tell me one of you have a pet frog

It is necessary to all things

Uh...Copper, could you fic that?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:41 pm

Fixed, and now players only need look at your post to see what I said if they didn't see it in the IC thread (oops!)  Dan vs Smiles 
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Hey, could I make an Arcana check to examine the machine through the computer?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Hrmmmmm...I'm not sure I'll allow that. Computers are magitech, but it still feels like the info would be mainly visual in nature. If you wanna make this happen, convince me.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:52 pm

hmmm...

Okay, Bright Future is an Earth Pony unusually sensitive too magic. Maybe her abilities run towards her being able to see subtle magical indicators instead of sensing them through a horn.

Additionally, Bright is really curious about the machine, and really wants to understand it. I'd spring a Coolness to get a boost to the check too, and the harder it gets, the more she'll push. ( Bright needs Heart of Courage. if only she had the space...)
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 pm

...alright. I'll buy that. Go for it, but know that you're taking a penalty for it being over the telekinet. Not as much as I thought, but a penalty nonetheless.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:25 pm

I'mma okay captchalogueing it. G'head.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:43 am

Okay, so you've told me wht these weird things are like... But what do they do? That's really what I'm after here, and I don't feel like I understand that well enough.

Also:
Colter Bolt wrote:GG: hold on. New item popped up
GG: im placing it now

Blank selects the punch card for deployment and starts to bring it to Skynight. However, he began to yawn and instinctively used the hoof he was using to control the cursor to cover his mouth, sending the card straight to Skynight's head.

How should I be reacting to that?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:47 am

You're still missing a crucial ingredient, but you rolled well enough I'll tell you in brief.

The cruxtruder wants to be opened. It seems that you do this by applying acute pressure to the top.
The totem lathe wants to carve something and needs to read a card to understand how.
The Alchemiter wants to scan something the lathe carved.

And you should react like you just got smacked in the head by a very light piece of card paper with some holes punched in it.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:18 am

Thank you, that helps immensely.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Alrighty, I've had an idea!

One which I've already cleared with our illustrious GM, so don't worry about that! It's also tl;dr summarized below in a spoiler, so feel free to read that instead of all this if you like!

Originally, in Homestuck, the links at the bottom of each page were actual commands submitted by readers, and the story had to be adapted to whatever it was the readers were submitting. After a while, this practice was stopped, and the story was very much tightened as a result. Still, it was a fun time, and a good process.

I thought it might be a cool idea to replicate that process with Palette Swap. So, from here until [point to be determined] deciding what Palette Swap is going to do is completely out of my hands, and his hooves. My fellow players, the GM themselves, and anybody reading along with the topic (Who has a forum account[even people who never use it]) are free to submit commands. I'll pick the cream of the crop, the funniest, stupidest, most dramatic, or whateverist one, and that will be the command that Palette Swap must follow next.

And please do make suggestions as commands, for I am lazy and do not wish to type them out in full. Razz

If I receive no satisfactory commands (or more likely none at all) then I'll make up stuff as I have been. Even if this idea is so unpopular literally no one ever suggests anything, the opportunity will always be there, or at least it will always be there until quite suddenly I say it isn't there anymore.

So, let's get to it. Fellow players, Elacular, forumgoing friends, and the viewing audience...what would you like Palette Swap to do next?

tl;dr:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:27 am

>Palette: Offer yourself as server to someone cute.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 am

>Palette: Dance around and sing "I'm a Little Tea Pot" while rubbing your head and patting your belly
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Thank you guys for taking this seriously.  :maud: 
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Oooh, sounds like a fun idea.

Uh...

Palette: Muse upon the meaning of a timed mission in a world which began before you did, and will continue long after the sands of your own hourglass have run out.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:51 pm

I doubt it'll work, but may I attempt to use the game to move the book away from the glowing ball?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Sure thing! Roll...uh, roll reflexes or something. I dunno. Roll whatever skill you'd use for fine manipulation.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Well, since it's a magical computer game, may I roll arcana?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:58 pm

...if you want to, yes, but the dc for that would be higher than for just using the mouse or equivalent.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Bright's Arcana is 13. Her Mechanics is 5

Arcana check
10+13=23

can I pend a coolness on this?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Remind me what coolness does, because probably yes.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:05 pm

I can add +3 to checks in my cutie mark skill
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next