Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

+7
Zarhon
mjh6
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
Colter Bolt
A1C Bronymous
Elacular
11 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 3 Empty Re: Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:53 pm

My character's all about friendship, so I'll probably be hooked up to the blog too.

Yes, I know I said he was super-grumpy earlier, but the two are not mutually exclusive. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 3 Empty Re: Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players)

Post  Eline4 Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:36 pm

I'm sure my character is subscribed too, probably more for the magic related conspiracies though.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:32 am

Okay, sorry for the double post, but my character sheet is completed, if anyone wants to look.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WSDpGSDCjGG0oTjR736E9gHUZLQ1RWyRA81UsNA71So/edit#

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:35 am

Well, to complete the group, Id say my character's seen the blog. She'd be interested in the stuff about Tyrant Celestia, but her comments on them would lean more towards complaining about how controlled and structured pony life in general is. If there happen to be any conspiracies about cutie marks (in particular them being assigned to foals to keep their fates in line) she'd be all over them.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:37 am

Ink looks pretty good, and pretty good Jack-of-all-Trades as far as combat is covered. Also, and this did just happen, Soldiers vest was just updated.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Thank you! I can't wait to see everyone else's characters, and another thanks for letting me know about the update!

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Sorry for taking so long re:my character, but tonight isn't gonna be it either. I'll have him up by tomorrow.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:31 pm

I've got my character statted out, but I've been having trouble writing the backstory
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Damn. Having a harder time picking abilities than I thought I would. Any suggestions, anyone?

Right now, I have 'One with the waves' and 'Element resistance: Water', making my Pegasus...more or less part duck. I'm just having trouble picking abilities appropriate for the conspiracy theorist side of her...

While I like the concept, I'm just unsure how I want to play Ocean, I think.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Hmmm...Speaking as a DM, I would recommend rerolls, knowledge gathering skills or things that could be easily reflavored as overprepared survival kit type stuff. But it is your choice. I mean, duh. You could PM me if you want more advice on the matter.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Also, as a note for Eline, do note that you can rename any utility or combat talent into anything else as long as you note what it was originally called and the effect stays the same. For instance, if you wanted the utility talent Caltrops, but your dude was an ice dude who doesn't carry Caltrops around, you could say...

[-1]Ice Spikes (Caltrops) - Minor Utility
Until the end of your next turn, choose of the following:
a) Any creature that attacks you or a target ally you designate loses 1d6 life.
b) Target enemy loses 1d6 life every time it makes an attack.

Like that. OR you could not do that, if you didn't want to spend the time or thought your person wouldn't spend time doing stuff "off the book".

Also, Calvary, you should have abilities relating back to the fourth wall to represent the conspiracy that nobody in this universe actually exists and they are all fronts for a malignant hivemind. Pony SBURB PbP (Recruiting two players) - Page 3 Mspa_face
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Yeah, I knew about flavor but wasn't sure how to apply it to Ink. I definitely am going to be putting some thinking into that, though. Thank you for the advice!

And Calvary, I sent you my suggestions (unless it didn't go through), I really hope it helps you out.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:19 am

For Cavalry, maybe zone of truth? I'm not very good at suggesting abilities. I do seem to be good at doing pointless stuff however, like taking the pesterchum chat client that was made by fans and converting it (read, editing the style script and png files) to make Ponychum.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:23 am

....damn dude. You did that?

Edit: since apparently my brain had a cessation of function when I saw that, let me say with the utmost articulance that that is friggin awesome.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:48 am

Woah, that looks so cool!

EDIT: Um, I forgot to ask, but are we going to use a chat or something for role-playing chat, or just put them in the normal posts? Or PMs and then posting the entire thing once we're done? I could see using the actual Pesterchum from the link. Sorry I'm probably over-thinking this.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:26 am

I am....on the fence about such things. On the one side, it would be awesomely authentic to do our over-the-net RPing in honest to god pesterchum. On the other, it wouldn't be comparable with my main computer, so I couldn't help you guys at all. But that's kinda irrelevant since I'm the GM, not a player. Thoughts?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:32 am

I think it'd be a bit much, myself
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:44 am

Yeah, I think it would be a bit much. And what I did really wasn't that much. I used mspaint (fittingly enough) to edit the pngs and then just looked through the style script for color codes and changed those accordingly. It's nothing compared to one I still haven't finished. It was the entire size of my screen, and was based on the Dark Carnival. On the left there was a circus tent, which had all the options, in the middle was a ferris wheel with the moods on each seat, and on the right was a signboard, showing "tonight's stars," which was the friends list.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:47 am

Damn, that sounds incredibly badass. But yeah, given some consideration, I think you guys are right about eschewing pesterchum. Especially since I'm hoping to get the whole party together much sooner than in the source.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Eline4 Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:01 am

Yeah, I guessed that would be too much. Probably easier to use posts. I just thought of it randomly, sorry for bringing it up. But Colter that sounds really cool, seriously.

Eline4
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:09 am

I'll admit, when I was making the ponychum theme the thought did go through my head as well to try to do some stuff over the pesterchum client, but I figured it would probably make some of the actions on this forum difficult. It also would have required everyone to get the client. And it is pretty cool, and fun to make, though it's a pain to get to work with me. There have been many instances where I was working on the theme and checking out how it looked and then lost the options button.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:40 pm

...I think I may have to back out. I'm having a really hard time getting my act together, it'll be several days at least before I can get a sheet up. And even then, I'm still having a hard time putting thoughts together on this one. I don't know when you plan on starting, if you haven't yet I'll give it a go; if I don't get one up go ahead and start without me.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:27 pm

I'm not planning on starting until all the others are ready, so you have some time. But I'll move you to the maybes list.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Looks like we've got a Bright Future ahead of us. Then again, maybe not...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Well I certainly think so. This is gonna be fun.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next