Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 9 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:00 pm

"We've gotten the all clear for the first chamber and the hallway leading from it is secure. There's a lot of writing in the walls so you've got your work cut out for you. However, each room has...a skylight...for lack of a better term." Major Delight then climbed down the ladder.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 9 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Sobana Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:39 pm

"Oh cool, I love flash cards. I'm not sure whats this stuff is for but thanks any way. I'm sure it will put to good use. I'm not sure which of us is the talented one in the group. I just meet these guys like today."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:04 am

ZamuelNow wrote:"Yes-ma'am-carts-do-tend-to-have-wheels-unless-you-know-something-extra-fancy-that-I-don't. But-yes-I-made-sure-this-was-an-extra-sized-order-for-your-wonderful-translation-needs. Got-a-few-pamphlets-the-ever-popular-flash-cards-and-basic-sheets-of-paper-in-large-print.  Made-a-replica-of-the-original-which-I-placed-in-an-envelope-for-you.  Also-our-Chief-Director-added-something-extra-to-the-order-so-I-added-that-on-as-well. Guessing-I'm-in-the-presence-of-a-very-talented-weather-crafter."

Hector had to resist the urge to go slack-jawed. He took a moment to process what was said...

Sobana wrote:"Oh cool, I love flash cards. I'm not sure whats this stuff is for but thanks any way. I'm sure it will put to good use. I'm not sure which of us is the talented one in the group. I just meet these guys like today."

"Not to sound greedy, but this stuff is for me," he explained to Nightshade. "Equestrian is a second language for me, so studying to fight Tilde is hard. This stuff is supposed to help me understand some of the terms better... Although I think this might be a bit much..."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 am

"Well, regardless, we still don't have a cart, so--" A spark passes between Grease's eyebrows and he reaches into his gearbox, which expands to release a small 4-wheeled cart with walls along the edges, covered in test-tube holders and an empty...machine of some sort, all of which he picks up and drops back in the box. "Scratch that. Will this do?" He asks, trying to eyeball how much of the paper mountain they can fit on the cart at once.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Shaking his head at his confusion, Gearick descended down the ladder after the major, asking. "Can you try to explain what you mean by a skylight in more detail please?" The unicorn wishing that the professor was around, he was pretty knowledgable with ancient writing and such.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Ruby follows the others down the ladder keeping an eye out for an example of this writing, Trotson following close behind.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Major Delight pointed upwards, "Notice how this room has a ladder and an opening to the outside?  Each room has an opening where you can see the sky...despite being clearly underground." As they reached the bottom, Gearick and Ruby Blossom could see that the walls were covered in engraved writing of a tiny font.

Yep-that-there-should-be-enough. I've-got-everything-boxed-up-and-properly-labeled.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:47 pm

"Excellent." Grease says, stacking boxes on the lower rack of the cart. "We can stow this stuff in my room until we find out where you're supposed to be living. Hector, have you told me what these papers are for yet?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:54 pm

The hippogriff looked down at the dragon with a deadpan expression. "...I just did. Weren't you listening?"

Quote:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:10 am

"If I was then I forgot. That's why I asked." Grease says matter-of-factually as he finishes stacking the papers. "To the generator room, then." He says, pushing against the over-laden cart (which ever-so-slowly starts to inch forward).
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 am

"Here, let me help you with that"

Nightshade gets behind the cart and helps push.

"More hooves make the load light, you know."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:19 am

Grease looks up and wordlessly taps Nightshade's horn, giving her a deadpan look not dissimilar to the one he just received from Hector.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:35 am

"How curious, wouldn't that mean this whole area would be pockmarked with holes on the surface?"

Ruby trots over to one of the walls, inspecting the writing closely to see if it matches up with any of the civilizations she's familiar with from her classes.

history:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:08 pm

"An opening in which you can see the sky?" Gearick said curiously, as he too moved to investigate the writing on the wall, trying to identify it. "That does suggest it leads to holes up to the surface... but can you just see the sky? Anyone checked to see if there's a breeze coming from the holes?"

History:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:11 pm

sunbeam wrote:Grease looks up and wordlessly taps Nightshade's horn, giving her a deadpan look not dissimilar to the one he just received from Hector.

Hector rolled his eyes. The cart couldn't be that heavy. He put his claws on the handle, putting his powerful body to work...

Athletics:

"Now, stop talking about hooves like we haven't got claws, please," Hector said, perhaps a little more grouchily than needed, as he got the cart moving.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Major Delight chuckled, "We've been searching and haven't found a single surface indication of where the open of these skylights would be.  There's no wind coming from them so it's more like a window." Ruby Blossom and Gearick found that the writing wasn't that hard to decipher--it was mostly mathematical equations and geographic directions.  The primary issue was the sheer volume of writing and no real way to determine where things started.  The equations seemed to be calculating miles.

Hector quite easily pushed the cart as Grease gave directions to his office and Nightshade followed.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Grease office is now extremely bare and spartan, with a small cot in one corner, a desk with a small charred dent and an old file cabinet leaning against it, and a large switchboard on the wall across from the door, making a perpetual hum. Grease sighs appreciatively as he walks in the room, and begins unloading stacks of paper into the area around the desk. "I've forgotten what it was like to have this much space in the room." He remarks. "Do we have any idea how many of these are copies?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Ruby shakes her head slightly in frustration.

"Just a lot of math it seems, curious... Ah, have you tried shining lights up through it? At night the glow could give away a cleverly concealed opening. Alternatively, and this is just a theory mind, it may not be the sky you're seeing. Not really. Many ancient cultures revered the sun and stars, using their position to mark time and events. It could be something like a room above each chamber merely enchanted to reflect the sky? I'm likely simply getting ahead of myself but it's a possibility worth considering... Regardless, I imagine if whoever built this place took the time to add a skylight, there was probably a good reason for it. "
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:55 am

With her tongue sticking out with focus Nightshade attempts to organize all the papers for Grease.

Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  GafferBot Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:55 am

The member 'Sobana' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 1
GafferBot
GafferBot
The game is out to get you, not me

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Major Delight motioned for them to follow as a few guards watched the rear, "Perhaps you should see for yourself." In the corridor was a window in the ceiling that was as big as three large ponies and through it they could see the sky.  Clouds lazily drifted along and a small flock of birds eventually flew by.

In Nightshade's unrestrained attempt to help, she accidentally tipped the entire contents of the cart onto the floor.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:13 pm

Nightshade looks at the papers scattered about the room.

"I just don't know what went wrong."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Hector glared at Nightshade. "I know a pegasus filly who got fired for those words," he grumbled, reaching down to start picking up papers...

Perception:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:29 am

Hector noticed that while there was a scattered mess, the pages all seemed to be numbered and many of those seemed to be color coded.  Getting them back in order would take a bit but wouldn't be impossible.  The one he held wasn't one of the translation pages.  Instead it was a translated sheet with part of a set of instructions on how to convert weathercrafting to magnetism.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:36 am

Nightshade begins to pile up the papers and clean up the mess she made.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next