Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 14 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:36 pm

As the mare reached the bottom floor and Hector rapidly closed the gap, the mare quipped, It's such a shame you couldn't be bothered to keep silent.  Surprise can be a funny thing when you actually choose to use it.  Would you like a surprise?

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 14 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  sunbeam Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Grease leaps forward, vaulting off Hector's back toward the shadowy pony, 9 claws outstretched. The 10th was still wrapped around the metal ball.
Suddenly, the lights went out. A hissed "Cover your eyes." could be heard. Then they very suddenly came back on.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:17 pm

When the room went dark, the mare chuckled, You really think I have trouble seeing in the... but as the light was flashed in her face, she shrieked and stumbled in confusion. WORTHLESS LIZARD! YOU'LL PAY THAT!

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:38 am

Nightshade stays at safe distance in the back before launching her attack.

"Lights out, game on. Not afraid of the dark? I love a challenge. You want a surprise? How about this!"

Chaos:
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:46 am

((I'm going to try for an early incapacitation first.))

Hector did as instructed, screwing his eyes shut for a moment; upon hearing the Hatter's tormented cry, he judged it safe to open them again. Upon seeing the situation, he acted on instinct, moving into a form very unique to him.

Even at a standstill, Hector knew he weighed significantly more than the little unicorn mare: combined with his existing momentum and her momentary blindness she would be just about helpless to stop him. He started with a traditional griffin take down: by wrapping a claw around her forehoof, and putting his opposite palm into her shoulder, he turned her on her side, putting his weight on top of her while also negating two of her four points of contact with the ground. Once he felt her fall underneath him, he brought his fist up a Royal Guard classic for unruly unicorns: a crushing blow to the horn, which - provided she didn't have a hard-hat spell - would knock her magic out of the fight for several minutes, and perhaps rattle her consciousness as well. Finally, as they hit the floor, he put his spare claw around her neck at the base of the jaw, forcing her head to the floor and squeezing tightly...

Speaking of Checks:

Last edited by Crystalite on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Gearick followed after Ruby Blossom for now, and frowned at the new intersection that arrived, noting the numbers as he said. "It seems its mostly guess-work from now on, we'll simply have to keep taking these 'maybes' and avoiding the 'nos' until we find something different."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:33 pm

"Quite. We'll simply have to remember the path we've taken as we do. Perhaps the left path this time?"

She asks the others as she walks up to the lef maybe passage and cautiously enters.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:51 pm

When Ruby Blossom turned the corner...nothing happened.  Following the corridor to the next intersection she could see 14 15 for the tunnel in front and 13 1 25 2 5 for the tunnels on either side.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:51 pm

Initiaive:

Last edited by Crystalite on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:39 am

When Hector hit the malevolent mare's horn to knock it off, it immediately came off!  She merely chuckled, "Oopsie" as it bounced away and started to glow with a sickening light.  Once Hector put her in a chokehold and pressed her to the floor, she simply went to pieces in the most literal way possible.  Her limbs and torso split into parts which then reformed next to Hector. "Well, the tackle is new.  Not all mares like it that rough but I'm sure I can return the favor."  Soon, the glow of her horn turned into a flash which sent a wave of energy across the STOMP team which left them feeling unwell.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:59 am

"I think it might be better to stick with one direction, it can't go on infinitely." Gearick said, as he followed Ruby, though he added. "Well, it shouldn't be able to at least..."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Grease backs away a little bit as Hector goes in for the kill, grimacing slightly as she dissipates. "He's taken, honeypot." He says to her quip, zipping his jacket up to his neck. As the zipper rises, the closed seam glow bright blue, and when the connection is completed at the neck the electric lines spread all across the jacket, mimicking Grease's scale pattern. Suddenly, the pattern splits off from the jacket, and Grease unfurls a pair of wide, electric blue wings, roughly twice his size, and takes off in a shower of sparks, narrowly avoiding a collision with the ceiling. The sparks rain down on his allies, soaking into them and invigorating them.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Hector saw Grease take to the air out of the corner of his eye, and acted on instinct; he launched himself backwards and underneath the now flying dragon, gathering sparks as he went. He hit the wall, and rebounded off of it, launching towards his enemy in a streak of lightning, knowing his electric attack would hit her long before his physical impact did...

Combat:

Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:16 pm

The mare snidely replied, "I feel sorry for her...I mean, I do hope your relationship is going quite well.  Would hate for anything horrible to happen to either of you.  What's her name?" Meanwhile, Nightshade casted an unsettling aura upon herself, the kind of unkind parlor that kindled the anxieties of most kindred spirits that would glance upon it. "Well, if she's the one, your tastes are certainly unique."

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:28 pm

"Hey, that is a neat trick. You have to teach that to me some day. That is if you survive this encounter. Most likely you won't. Say, can your head survive detached from the rest of your body? It would be so awesome to have a talking head as a trophy. Anyway, let me show you the part you messed up on..."

With her unsettling aura Nightshade takes a steady stance as her horn began to glow.

Combat:

Last edited by Sobana on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : combat edit)
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:46 am

Major Delight glanced at Gearick, "So, you're saying we should keep making left turns?"

The mare gave a surprisingly friendly chuckle upon Nightshade sending the attack back at her, "No need to teach you anything since you seem to know plenty.  Sharing is the goal of the day it seems.  I'll accept the generosity for now.  Now, what should I give in return?"  The glow from her still grounded horn turned black and a dark bubble formed around Nightshade.  Suddenly, the bubble levitated and Nightshade went crashing into Hector and the bubble popped.  Meanwhile, the mare tackled Grease with surprisingly little force as she seemed to size him up.  However...something...seemed to bubble within the young dragon.

Battle OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:37 am

Grease sighs. "I think you're going to be more unpleasant than she is." He says, gesturing at Nightshade with his wings and almost whipping himself into a roll. As he tries to right himself, he notices that he lost an excess of altitude, and lands more or less face-first on Hector's rump. He takes this opportunity to get a firm grasp on Hector's hair and wraps his electric wings around  Hector, producing an energizing tingly feeling. "I think I just remembered why I mostly used these for gliding." Grease hisses, exasperated.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Hector was streaking towards his target. He was sure of it. And then suddenly he was piled beneath his team mates! Enraged, he threw them off, sensing an excessive amount of energy built up. Lacking better ideas, he simply released it.

The resulting explosion of electricity from his face made "Death Glare" sound inadequate, and sent "Stink-eye" looking for sanctuary in other lands. For years afterwords, Hector would tell stories over drinks about the legendary Mask Of Thundering Death technique, its potent energy, and its spur-of-the-moment invention. For now, he simply screamed as the sheer power rolled away from his visage:

"ESCAPE THIS!"

Combat:

Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:34 am

After being thrown off by Hector Nightshade stumbles to her hooves and shakes her head.

"Whoa, D-did she... did she just bubble me? Did you just bubble me? You did not just bubbled me! I can't believe you bubbled me! Why would you bubble me? I was like fifty hooves back that way and you have an arsenal of spells at your disposal why would you pull me closer? Did you think to yourself 'I'll just surround myself with opponents. That could only result in success!' I can't even... unless you plan to do something stupid like explode on us. Oh my gosh, you are planning to explode on us, aren't you? Ugh! I am not going to put up with you exploding."

Nightshade's horn lights up and she darts for Noir. But instead of tackling her, Nightshade runs past her and make a mad dash for the stairwell behind her.

"Hex, keep our guest entertained. I'm going to do something stupid!"

Combat:

Stats:
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 am

"That's my suggestion yes." Gearick said with a nod as he looked at the three exits before him. "But I'm not more of an expert here than my friend, so it would have to be an agreement from the two of us."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:59 pm

"Wouldn't that just mean we'd keep going in circles? With each chamber looking the same we wouldn't notice if we were... unless...hmm"

She walks up to the wall by the left passage and pulls a marker out of one of her pockets, drawing a circle on the wall with the black marker.

"well... shall we be going then? if we take this passage here we should end up in the chamber that would be straight ahead of the first one I believe. I'd like to see what's in the next room."
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Upon making the next left turn, the corridor pulled them all forward then sealed the opening behind them. The next room was an anomaly.  While the walls were similar to that of the other tunnels, the room itself was possibly a mile long and wide.  The entire ceiling showed a view of the outside and the center of the room was a pedestal tall enough to be a small tower with a ladder leading to the top.

The mare made a glance toward Nightshade, "Discretion is the better part of valor as you will eventually see."  She sped over and jabbed Hector in the solar plexus, then a bubble formed around him which slammed Hector into the ceiling.

Battle OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Grease lands on Hector again, more carefully this time. "What is under your skin?" Grease mutters, running a claw over Hector's back. He could feel his heartbeat, and...something else. "I need to investigate this." He says, laying his whole paw on hector's back and releasing a charge of energy into him, letting heat flow back in it's place. "Odd. But tasty!" He says, smacking his lips and taking off again.

OOC:

Last edited by sunbeam on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Hector was taken by surprise at the blow: most unicorns didn't care to get physical. Well, he could play that game, too, he reasoned. She had to be hurting by now.

He scooted out from underneath his team mate (again) and fell on the enemy like a thunderbolt...

Combat:

Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:40 am

Nightshade successfully makes it to the safety of the stairwell without incident. With her new hiding spot she has cover from sight from those in the hall. She pops her head around the door frame and with a look of focused concentration her horn lights up. She uses her magic to levitate Noir's disconnected horn into the area of the stairwell where she is hiding. Once in her possession she places the horn on the ground and does an angry horsy stomp on it.

Combat:

Stats:
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next