Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Windigo King

+4
RavenscroftRaven
The Warrior of Many Faces
SubjectZ
Dr Blight
8 posters

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Windigo King - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rise of the Windigo King

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:55 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Subjectz wrote:
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:"Green fire Pony you are being far to dramatic!" Ragnarok continues in a cheerful voice "We are all just a bunch of corpses that do not know it yet!"

Halynn glares at Ragnarok. "I don't know if you're insane or simply heartless. Either way, you would be wise not to provoke me further. Or are hooves to the face no longer painful?"
"I'm on the costume's side. I'm really not in the mood for crazy hippogriffs with death wishes."

I did not intend the statement towards you pony-in-a-bodysuit I am sorry if it offended you. And Green-Fire pony death would most fascinating scientific experience! Unfortunately there are a few things that I still wish to do while in this world prehaps at a later date then.

Halynn rolled her eyes, although it wasn't as if anypony could see it behind the mask. "Let's... let's just take down these murderers..."
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 pm

Yes let's. But do you not find it odd that neither of them of attacked us in the time it took to have this conversation? The loon prehaps but the other one still seems right of mind.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Yes let's. But do you not find it odd that neither of them of attacked us in the time it took to have this conversation? The loon prehaps but the other one still seems right of mind.
"Maybe they're hoping we'll end up killing each other." Torch said dead-pan.
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:03 am

Aaaaand - there went my meatshield... Dr. Death Ray thought as he watched the Guard go down against the first knight.

Dr Blight wrote: The second knight manages to temporarily tame his convulsions for a moment as he lashes out with his sword. (-1hp, +1PiP 7 damage, failed saving throw) "Unless your intention is to swear your loyalty to our lord, meeting with him will only bring about your execution." He says, gritting his teeth as electricity continues to course through him.

"Well," Dr. D said, breathing heavily, clutching his side with his front hoof, "I was thinkin' something more along the lines of - him - swearing loyalty to - me... but, uh... I'm not takin' any options off the table right now..."

Luckily for the Doctor, these guys didn't pack quite as much of a wallop as Major Mane (if they did, he'd’ve been knocked out cold by now). Still, if things went on like this for much longer, Death Ray was going to have to change his name to Dead Ray…

GREGG? GREGG?! Dr. D yelled into his cerebral uplink as he glanced around desperately for anypony resembling some sort of back-up, How much... how much longer 'til the Dark Horse is at full power? Tell me it's soon... Pleeeeeeeeeease tell me it's soon...

It’s soon Doctor.

Not soon enough.

As he glanced around, Dr. D caught sight of a green unicorn and a ((what colors is Ragnarok again?)) Griffon - BINGO! MEATSHIELDS, HOOOOO!!! They were fighting against another knot of those fanatical knight guys, but who cared? A meatshield was a meatshield...

-But then the Doctor saw something that made his heart skip a beat-

Another supe... He froze, staring at the equine with the green and black jumpsuit as she torched some knights. "But is she... a hero... or a villain?"

Dr. Death Ray bit his lip, glancing between the green ranger flying all about and the two red knights advancing on his position...

-It wasn’t even a close call.

He started galloping full tilt for the green girl. If she was a hero, at least he hadn’t attracted her attention yet!

Spoiler:

GREGG? GREGG? COME IN GREGG!

I’m right above you sir.

Dr. Death Ray glanced up, and sure enough, there was his gold-plated companion...

WELL?! What’s the word?

The Dark Horse's power cells are fully charged Doctor.

THEN CALL IT IN! QUICK! QUICK! CALL IT IN!

Are you sure sir-

YES I'M SURE! CALL IT IN!

Very well sir.

As Dr. D continued dashing for the supe and the others, he didn't waste time to glance back and see if the crazy knight goons were following - but when a loud explosion came from the dock-side, shaking the town to it's foundations, he did have enough sense (and style, of course) to stop, spin around, and smile as the Dark Horse shot up into the night sky, it's hoof-mounted rocket thrusters burning in the darkness as it jetted towards the fight at break-neck speeds. In no time at all the Dark Horse was on the field, the full-metal skelehorse landing before the Doctor with an ominous - Thud!

"Hah!" Dr. Death Ray pulled out a controller and quickly began pressing aaaaaaaaaaall the buttons at a blinding speed.

"Gyroscopic stabilizers are go!"

Steam hissed from the Dark Horse.

"Auto-locking targetting arrays are go!"

The Dark Horse's eyes glowed a bright red and began locking onto targets.

"Combat mono-armor, go!"

A sheen swept across the robot's armor.

"Shock systems, Beam generators, Chain Guns - GO! GO! GO!"

Electricity arced along the Dark Horse's frame as it's chest began to glow bright blue and duel chain guns racks slid up from it's back, clicked into position, and began to spin - emitting a menacing howl.

"All systems are go Doctor."

"Alrighty then boys, say 'ello to my -" Dr. D's eyes went wide and he raised his hooves, "Wait! Wait! One sec! Just one sec!"

Dr. D slipped behind the Dark Horse, flipped out his secret wardrobe controller (never leave the lair without it), pressed the switch and materialized his villain costume, then slipped out the other side. The wardrobe change had happened in the blink of an eye, and now, fully kitted out in his red coat and black gloves, Dr. D grinned. "Much better..." He cleared his throat, "Gentleponies, I don't think I've had a chance to properly introduce myself." He bowed to the goon squad, "The name's Dr. Death Ray, but you can call me," and he flipped down his black goggles, "horrible."

Dr. Death Ray pressed one last button on his controller, then a voice rumbled from somewhere deep within the Dark Horse - "ATTACK SEQUENCE INITIATED"

The Doctor didn't forget to laugh as the Dark Horse opened up with it's chain guns on the goon squad - it was all about standards after all, and maniacal laughter was an old villain standby.

Spoiler:
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:16 am

Halynn stares. "Um... C'est un robot. Pourquoi y at-il ici un robot?" She shakes her head and turns back to the enemy. The robot wasn't about to attack her, so it could wait.

Prench Translation:

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:22 am

Torch's jaw drops comically, and he manages to gasp out, "Um... issat... issat a robot pony? And... and a pony in a red coat with gloves?! WHAT THE BUCK IS WRONG WITH ALL THE PONIES AROUND HERE?!"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:50 am

Land Lobber grinned. Maybe his luck wasn't so bad after all. He looked at his makeshift carry-bag. Well, if he tore the flimsy chainmail off of the ponies, he could wrap the swords with it and they'd stay in well enough. Minotaur-made chainmail would not have broken from as weak a swing as the one he gave. Pony construction. He chuckled again as he unceremoniously picked up one of the dead crusaders, and with a hard shake, dropped it out of its mail, then did the same with the second one. And some bits too, though a pittance. He never liked robbing from the dead, ghosts were a very real danger, but need begets bravery. The fights down the road were just getting more hectic. Lots of violence around. Dangerous times, apparently, on shipwreck island.

The minotaur gives a look around, to see if there's any other bodies that look "safe" enough to rifle through their changepurses. He could probably take down a few more tiny folk, if they were as pathetic as the last two, but it was always better to take the easy road. You don't get to be a captain of a ship (albeit the only crew of the ship) by choosing the hard way.

'For this is war.... I do not care whose side I'm on. I'd kill a troll or gnome, or burn a home...' He hums a jaunty tune as he goes about his business.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:42 am

((I almost feel bad for what's about to happen considering how epic the last post was.))
The mad laughter stops for a moment as Ragnarok tackles one of the burning guards, and Torch reignites another, the conflagration managing to reach the other crusaders, who scream in pain. One of the maddened crusader sighs out a softening laugh as he begins to black out underneath the hippogriff, while the other steps out of the flame, burnt nearly beyond recognition but still cackling, eyes unfocused as he laughs into the air. Joined soon in his mad laughter by the one who charged Torch last."If not by our swords than you shall all perish in the coming frost" The bound crusader begins, not to laugh but, preach as the madness takes his eyes as well. "The Winter King shall descend and all the weak shall be frozen into a sleep greater than death!" ((C1 and C6 are now bloodied.)) As Dr. Death Ray charges to join the group in combat, the two knights give pursuit, the saner of the two shaking off the electricity that coursed through him as he did. (-1HP saving throw succeeded)The remaining knights joined together as the Dark Horse descended, the only sane one readying his sword as his counterparts simply laughed, too far gone to feel any fear. As the guns began to spin the maddened one who'd downed the guard leapt forward, his sword becoming encased in magic as his hood fell back and his horn flared to life. Laughing mockingly at the machine before him, his sword lifted from his mouth and floated in front of him. Strengthened by the magic coursing through it, it began to spin faster than should be possible, faster than the dark horse could fire as it began to deflect the rain of bullets. Most of the reflected projectiles went wide, hitting nothing but the scenery, but several were sent back, tearing into the Dark Horse with its own weapons. (-3PiP "Parry" immediate interrupt. Negate attack and reflect half damage back to attacker. Dark Horse takes 4 damage.) As the barrels spun out the deranged knight turned his attention to the doctor who'd stepped out from behind his machine and grinned. Charging forward with his sword drawn, his saner partner in the previous battle charging after him. The two skidded to a stop just before Dr. D and brought their swords down on him in an X. (+1PiP to both 5+7+5=17 damage) The remaining maddened knight, still unbound finally focused his eyes on the one who burned him, charging forward with his sword drawn and stabbing into Healing Torch. (+1PiP 2+5=7 damage.))
combat stats:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Dr Blight wrote: As Dr. Death Ray charges to join the group in combat, the two knights give pursuit, the saner of the two shaking off the electricity that coursed through him as he did. (-1HP saving throw succeeded)The remaining knights joined together as the Dark Horse descended, the only sane one readying his sword as his counterparts simply laughed, too far gone to feel any fear. As the guns began to spin the maddened one who'd downed the guard leapt forward, his sword becoming encased in magic as his hood fell back and his horn flared to life. Laughing mockingly at the machine before him, his sword lifted from his mouth and floated in front of him. Strengthened by the magic coursing through it, it began to spin faster than should be possible, faster than the dark horse could fire as it began to deflect the rain of bullets. Most of the reflected projectiles went wide, hitting nothing but the scenery, but several were sent back, tearing into the Dark Horse with its own weapons. (-3PiP "Parry" immediate interrupt. Negate attack and reflect half damage back to attacker. Dark Horse takes 4 damage.)

Dr. Death Ray stopped laughing.

His jaw dropped.

He looked up at GREGG, pointed at the knight, and shook his head, "Did... did you just see that?"

"Yes sir." GREGG replied apologetically.

"It's..." the Doctor pulled up his goggles, stared out at the knights, then turned back to GREGG, "It's... It's not me... It's... It's them, right? I mean..." Dr. D shrugs, "I... I was cool... wasn't I?"

"Of course sir."

Dr Blight wrote:As the barrels spun out the deranged knight turned his attention to the doctor who'd stepped out from behind his machine and grinned. Charging forward with his sword drawn, his saner partner in the previous battle charging after him. The two skidded to a stop just before Dr. D...

Dr. Death Ray turned back to the knights just in time to see them skid to a halt before him, blades raised.

"Buck."

Dr Blight wrote:...and brought their swords down on him in an X. (+1PiP to both 5+7+5=17 damage)

As Dr. Death Ray fell, his final word was - "Balls."

GREGG'S eye zoomed in to 300% magnification. His internal scanners focused on the splash of red on the Doctor's coat - then shot up to the look of pain on the Doctor's face. This was not normal. GREGG was used to seeing his master in pain (usually that was the norm actually), but he was not used to seeing him bleed (Major Mane didn't use sharp implements - he only used blunt ones). Red warning lights started going off all over GREGG's internal hard drive.

"DOCTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!!!"

GREGG zipped forward, placing himself between Death Ray and the two knights, spinning in tight circles to try and draw their attention, his internal scanners checking for a pulse. "MEDIC!" He yelled. "MEDIC!"
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:47 pm

"If not by our swords than you shall all perish in the coming frost" The bound crusader begins, not to laugh but, preach as the madness takes his eyes as well. "The Winter King shall descend and all the weak shall be frozen into a sleep greater than death!"

"Hmm Winter King... where have I heard that name before?"
history:

" Are either of you two a medical Doctor as the Pony with the metal golem, I think his name was Doctor Death Ray, needs some medical attention."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:37 pm

A scream. A horrible, desperate, heartrending scream, and Halynn didn't care that it was coming from a robot. She knew that sound, the sound of pure anguish, she had lived with it for years, and she refused to let that happen again.

Unfortunately, the ring's many talents didn't seem to include healing, so with a heavy heart, she created a green dome over the fallen doctor, a dome specifically designed to block attacks and give energy to those enclosed within.

She hoped it would be enough, because she couldn't do any more than that.

The shield flared, making energy flow into Dr. Death Ray.

Combat Actions:

Combat Status:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 am

The maddened knight who'd faced down the Dark Horse laughter suddenly turned to cries of confusion and fear as ice began to form over his horn and creep slowly down his face. He reeled and bucked and even swatted at the ice with his sword as the ice slowly began to cover his eyes. His coat beginning to turn blue and icicles starting to pierce out from inside him, he turned and ran. His cries becoming muffled as the ice began to cover his mouth, leaving his sword behind in the panic. ((C3 has fled battle.))

The madness of the other knights seemed to be temporarily daunted as they watched their counterpart flee before returning their focus to the battle at hand. Though madness still danced in their eyes, the laughter did not start again even as one of the crusaders lunged forward and slashed at Ragnarok with his sword. ((+1PiP 6+3=9 damage))

((from here, the new combined initiative order is in place.))

The first knight shook himself free of the green binds at last and with a wrathful cry turned his sword on Halynn, bringing his sword down pommel first on her head and following through with a slash. ((+1 PiP 8+2=10 damage.))

You feel an unusual change in the air pressure around you.
((all of you do))

combat stats:
((this'll be the last battle I provide enemy stats down here too. Next encounter on, I'll be keeping those on a separate sheet for myself.))
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:42 am

"Good times..." The minotaur frowns, though, despite the statement.

"Huh. That sounded like a robotic auto-levitating self-aware assistant screaming at the imminent destruction of its creator." His verbal narration went unheard amidst the chaos of much louder shouts; the oddly specific identification was just something that happened on occasion. His head turned in that direction, mentally calculating the relative path from here to there (it was fairly easy, it was a straight line along mane street, not a challenging use of his navigational abilities). "Maybe that means I can, uhh, 'inherit' a pricy gadget. Still no Prench Toast stands though... I like this festival so far but the food is lacking."

Perhaps unwittingly, Land Lobber approaches the fray, trying to seek out an expensive toy to loot.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:28 am

Healing Torch watched in shock as the crusader who had exhibited a strange level of magical power... transformed into ice and ran off? I have a feeling that's not the last we'll be seeing of him. Torch turned to the emerald shield the costumed mare had put around the fallen pony, noticing with alarm the screaming robotic orb. Dang, he sounds really cut up. Time to do what I do best! Torch strained, and out of his horn came a blast of clean, white energy. It zipped through the horrific battlefield, and into the the shield. There was a large flash of white light from inside the green dome.
Healing Salve:

Combat Stats:
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 am

Dr Blight wrote:The maddened knight who'd faced down the Dark Horse laughter suddenly turned to cries of confusion and fear as ice began to form over his horn and creep slowly down his face. He reeled and bucked and even swatted at the ice with his sword as the ice slowly began to cover his eyes. His coat beginning to turn blue and icicles starting to pierce out from inside him, he turned and ran. His cries becoming muffled as the ice began to cover his mouth, leaving his sword behind in the panic.

Ragnarok stared at the fleeing Unicorn for a few seconds That should not be possible... unless that king is real... well they do have enough hate within them...

Dr Blight wrote:The madness of the other knights seemed to be temporarily daunted as they watched their counterpart flee before returning their focus to the battle at hand. Though madness still danced in their eyes, the laughter did not start again even as one of the crusaders lunged forward and slashed at Ragnarok with his sword.

Ragnarok spun around and retaliated with a slash of her own.

attack and stats:

The sole sane soldier found himself suddenly falling ill his eyes going dark and his body becoming weak.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:08 pm

Land Lobber comes upon a cute scene. A big fray, lots of folks of various bright colours, looks like a costume party on both sides. Still, looks like there aren't too many bodies to liberate supplies from. There's a few, but not with this crowd here. Children, too. But it did present another opportunity, when you look at it this way.

"Hello little ponies! Today seems bright an' sunny, eh? Terrible day to git cher hooves dirty. Wouldn't it be great if somepony else did the dirty work? I have it on good record that ponies don't fare well against my kin" He holds up his bloody satchel made from the reddened capes of the fallen with a laugh.

"So I'm not in much danger, so I'll give you a discount! 25 bits for bodyguard services, within reason!" His eyes flash ever so slightly, looking that half-second into the future to see the clear route through the fray.

[Picking the True Path: The Pain Engine starts! 18 hp, 5 pips, no status effects]
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 pm

"Most of the warriors at half dead already. If you had offered your services from the start 25 would be a fair price however as it stands 10 bits 20 if you swear for there not to be a double cross. "
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Land Lobber comes upon a cute scene. A big fray, lots of folks of various bright colours, looks like a costume party on both sides. Still, looks like there aren't too many bodies to liberate supplies from. There's a few, but not with this crowd here. Children, too. But it did present another opportunity, when you look at it this way.

"Hello little ponies! Today seems bright an' sunny, eh? Terrible day to git cher hooves dirty. Wouldn't it be great if somepony else did the dirty work? I have it on good record that ponies don't fare well against my kin" He holds up his bloody satchel made from the reddened capes of the fallen with a laugh.

"So I'm not in much danger, so I'll give you a discount! 25 bits for bodyguard services, within reason!" His eyes flash ever so slightly, looking that half-second into the future to see the clear route through the fray.

[Picking the True Path: The Pain Engine starts! 18 hp, 5 pips, no status effects]

Halynn doesn't hesitate. "I'll pay 50 bits instead if you protect any living civilians as well."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm

"I like how you haggle, costumed girl. You ha va deal!" He notably ignores the attempt to haggle by the archeologist. After all, "you argue on cost, I'll make you get lost!", so why bother in this situation?

"Alrigh' then! To the best o' my abilities! Satisfaction guaranteed, or your money back!" He laughed, and started spinning his pickaxe.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 pm

"Did ... did we just haggle for civilian lives?"
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:56 pm

"Yes indeed! A fine deal at that! Civilian lives are worth easily twice that amount! I claim first rights to their capes, 'tis fine fabric!"
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectZ Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Yes indeed! A fine deal at that! Civilian lives are worth easily twice that amount! I claim first rights to their capes, 'tis fine fabric!"
Healing Torch facehoofed at that. "Alright, let's just... finish up here."
SubjectZ
SubjectZ
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:13 pm

The crusader staggered back as he was slashed, his legs wobbling slightly before his knees gave out and he collapsed to the ground. ((C6 is down)) A strange black mist seemed to trail ragnarok's claws to the eyes of another knight, he rubbed at them, trying to clear them only to find that the mist had grown. Spreading out everywhere he could see like a writhing cloud of darkness. Unbeknownst to him, the cloud was truly in his eyes as his sclera slowly filled with black and his eyes became dull, as if light no longer reflected from them. He doubled over coughing, feeling cold and weak, to blinded to see the black ichor he spat out each time as blackened blood began to pour from his eyes and ears.

The burned knight remained silent as his eyes moved wildly about, finally locking on the glowing green dome and lashing out with his sword at the shield, bringing it down pommel first like a hammer against it. (+1PiP 2+4=6damage))

combat stats:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Warning: the shield has been broken, the ring warns Halynn.

"Drat," Halynn mutters. "Time for more effective measures." A flick of her tail, and green electricity passes through the guard that took down the shield. Another flick, and the electricity flows from that guard to the other non-cursed guard, at which point it explodes into several lightning bolts that hit every engaged soldier. Finally, a small spark hits the cursed crusader.

Halynn sighs in relief as she finishes the attack: though not painful, concentrating on all that at once was tiring.

Using Chain Lightning:

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Mr.Mercenary Minotaur I do not believe that you shall be paid today... unless the six in the museum are still in there.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next