Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

+5
Sable Tails
elfowlgirl
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
The Warrior of Many Faces
9 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 6 Empty Re: Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Quietkal wrote:"The zebra makes a good point. I don't take kindly to you attackin' our employers, demon."

Daisy looks at Wrangler in annoyance, "Sooooooooo sorry for preventing them from blackmailing all of us into doing whatever they want whenever they want it! Well, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and leave like everypony else without so much as a thank you for saving you from being their bucking slaves for the rest of your lives!"
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign) - Page 6 Empty Re: Ponies are Evil (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Quietkal Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Ramsus wrote:"Excuse me, what?" Daisy says confused. "Did you not see this moron attack me for dispelling spells Trixie and her friends just admitted to having cast on us? And then Trixie threatens me for wanting to make sure this dumb dumb doesn't attack me for helping his fool ass again?"
"Certainly didn' look like ya were helpin'. And ya did put mah head through a counter after that, which I suppos' is fair compensation." Wrangler nonchalantly bites another chunk out of the salt block.
Ramsus wrote:Daisy looks at Wrangler in annoyance, "Sooooooooo sorry for preventing them from blackmailing all of us into doing whatever they want whenever they want it! Well, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and leave like everypony else without so much as a thank you for saving you from being their bucking slaves for the rest of your lives!"
Wrangler meets the stare with a casual shrug. "I accept'd the terms 'nd conditions, and I didn' ask for ya to do what yer callin' 'help.' I trust 'em to make good on their word and blackmail only if we break contract, which I don' plan to do. I 'spected a demon like ya would know all 'bout being bound to yer word."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Daisy just laughs. "Uh huh. Yeah, because they're sooooooo trustworthy. I'm sure they'll only blackmail you when it's honorable." and at this point just breaks down into a fit of laughter, even pounding the floor with her hooves.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Ramsus wrote:Daisy just laughs. "Uh huh. Yeah, because they're sooooooo trustworthy. I'm sure they'll only blackmail you when it's honorable." and at this point just breaks down into a fit of laughter, even pounding the floor with her hooves.
Wrangler shrugs again. "If ya wanna put it like that, yea. There's no good business in gettin' rid of the ponies ya just hired, less they're compromising the overall. I 'spect there'll be trouble after we're done, but ah'll cross that bridge when I get to it." Wrangler takes another bite out of the salt block and gnaws on it for a bit. "Yer just a lil lass, ain'tcha? Not a demon at all. What happened to ya that got yer face all messed up like that?"
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Daisy continues to laugh for a bit but, eventually calms herself and gives Wrangler a somewhat surprised look, "It's not just my face. I died. Then I came back. And it's all Rainbow Dash's fault." the last bit she says, practically dripping venom. "The years of sickness, having my magic turn on me over and over and over again, everything." She gets up and goes to take the money and the amulet (though she doesn't put it on), practically daring Trixie to say something. "Come on, whatever your name is, I might not be able to trust any of you farther than Trixie could throw you but, you're cheaper and, at least you, are stronger than like some hired thugs so I might as well tag along and make sure the rest of you don't get yourselves like killed or something doing something like totally dumb, like letting people blackmail you and thinking they won't drain you dry, before I get to give Dashy what's coming to her."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Ramsus wrote:Daisy continues to laugh for a bit but, eventually calms herself and gives Wrangler a somewhat surprised look, "It's not just my face. I died. Then I came back. And it's all Rainbow Dash's fault." the last bit she says, practically dripping venom. "The years of sickness, having my magic turn on me over and over and over again, everything." She gets up and goes to take the money and the amulet (though she doesn't put it on), practically daring Trixie to say something. "Come on, whatever your name is, I might not be able to trust any of you farther than Trixie could throw you but, you're cheaper and, at least you, are stronger than like some hired thugs so I might as well tag along and make sure the rest of you don't get yourselves like killed or something doing something like totally dumb, like letting people blackmail you and thinking they won't drain you dry, before I get to give Dashy what's coming to her."

Trixie opens her mouth with a sneer, but finds her mouth abuptly zippered shut by yellow magic. "Mmph! Mm mmm mph!"

"Y' sh'd try shuttin' up once in a while, Trixie," Flam berates her, holding the zipper shut against Trixie's attempts to magically unzip it. "I'd like t'be able t'actually hire these guys. Y'know, like we were supposed to? I don't ev'n know wh't we'll tell th' boss..."

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Ramsus wrote:Daisy continues to laugh for a bit but, eventually calms herself and gives Wrangler a somewhat surprised look, "It's not just my face. I died. Then I came back. And it's all Rainbow Dash's fault." the last bit she says, practically dripping venom. "The years of sickness, having my magic turn on me over and over and over again, everything." She gets up and goes to take the money and the amulet (though she doesn't put it on), practically daring Trixie to say something. "Come on, whatever your name is, I might not be able to trust any of you farther than Trixie could throw you but, you're cheaper and, at least you, are stronger than like some hired thugs so I might as well tag along and make sure the rest of you don't get yourselves like killed or something doing something like totally dumb, like letting people blackmail you and thinking they won't drain you dry, before I get to give Dashy what's coming to her."
Wrangler holds his passive expression. "Name's Wrangler. Sorry to hear 'bout yer death and undeath, but ya seem to be making the best of it. And if'n they try to drain me dry then there won't be much left of 'em." Wrangler casts a glance at Trixie as he takes another bite out of the salt cube.
The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:Trixie opens her mouth with a sneer, but finds her mouth abuptly zippered shut by yellow magic. "Mmph! Mm mmm mph!"

"Y' sh'd try shuttin' up once in a while, Trixie," Flam berates her, holding the zipper shut against Trixie's attempts to magically unzip it. "I'd like t'be able t'actually hire these guys. Y'know, like we were supposed to? I don't ev'n know wh't we'll tell th' boss..."
"Tell 'im you got a group; seemed like evrypony accept'd. ...well, maybe wait for Flam to sober up before telling 'im."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:55 pm

C observes the procedings from his vantage point.
Damn, it's too bad that Flam still seems to be partially aware of things... still if I can get Trixie alone I may be able to flatter her ego enough to get her to spill what she knows.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:54 am

Horus nods to the ones leaving from the proper entrance, he had not yet taken off, expecting a few to follow shortly behind him. Still, blackmail... hilarious. He wanted Celestia to see his plans, once he was ready for her. Luna too, though there was much that was predatory in her. The best way would be through a paper, to get a true visceral reaction, but making her fret by letting her know that competent hunters seek her little ponies, to hurt them, for no reason beyond that such is their true role in life, her constrained by the chains of court and kingdom... That would work too.

Six elements. This would be difficult. But not impossible. The first danger was making a secure base. The Everfree was home to many predators that would see some of his cohort as prey items, which they were not... yet. His experience was in small shelters, this would call for more skill. In a way, it was why he waited so long, those skills were not his specialty. Plus, he needed that dragon cub.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:32 am

Most of the others seems to have already accepted the offer, yet Stasis was loathe to so easily throw away this extraordinary opportunity to learn more about their mysterious employer...somepony who apparently believed he could somehow wield the Elements of Harmony against the princesses themselves? Either a genius or a madpony, then; perhaps both.
Pleased to see that Flam was drunk, Stasis again reached out with his mind towards the unicorn, not yet prepared to take the possibly dangerous talisman that still dangled between them.
"It is truly a pleasure to meet somepony so intelligent and clever as yourself, Flam...such a rarity in this world of fools and weaklings." He glances at Trixie and Gilda for a moment, a small, conspiratorial smile touching the corners of his lips before his gaze locked onto Flam's once more. "But tell me, my friend, who is this 'infallible eyewitness source' you spoke of? The one who told you of me? I have lost contact with many of my old friends over the years, you see...I would love to know who gave you my name and led to this excellent contract so that I can thank him in person."
Stasis was counting on the fact that whatever gates barred this information in Flam's mind would be weaker than that which guarded the name of the mysterious employer himself...and that the prodigious amounts of salt in his blood would loosen his metaphorical lips still further. But just to be certain, Stasis allowed his magic to well up inside him and reached into Flam's mind, gently coaxing him to tell what he knew.

[Roll Persuasion: 12+13=25, 25+20=45]

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Stasis listens quietly to Flam's drunken rambling for a few moments, suppressing a grimace. Of all the possible answers Flam could have given, this was perhaps the most...unexpected. His curiosity is piqued but his magic is spent, and it is perhaps best that he take his leave before anypony notices the silent conversation.
He smiles and, reaching out with his magic, takes the bits and puts them into his saddlebags before taking the amulet as well. He nods first to Flam, then to Trixie and Gilda. "Gentlepony. Ladies. It has been a pleasure, and I do hope we get to meet again soon...preferably under less stressful circumstances. I bid you all goodnight." Turning, he makes his way to the front door.

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Silvertongue stares after Stasis. "I hope this does not go as badly as I suspect it will," he muses, before stashing the bits and amulet under his cloak, and following the changeling's path.

((Arcana check on the amulet: Roll(1d20)+11:
11,+11
Total:22))
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:13 am

Wrangler finishes off the salt block, grabs the amulet, and stands up from his seat. "Righ'. I guess well be in contact then." He takes a couple of steps towards the door, before stopping and turning to Daisy. "Not that it means nothin' now, but...sorry 'bout calling ya a demon....and fer tackling ya. But ta be fair it did look like ya were puttin' a curse on us er somethin'." Wrangler steps out the door, being much more gruff to the ponies and griffon outside. "Outta mah way."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:59 am

Daisy also checks out her amulet to see what it really does.

Arcana: 15 + 15 = 30
Pretty sure C isn't in sight right now, if so +1.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Outside, Stasis took a deep whiff of the nighttime Canterlottian air. It smelt of many kinds of stone, mist from the nearby waterfall…and ponies. He felt a growl from his stomach, and once again cursed the three stooges inside and their master who had sought fit to entertain eight blackguards with neither food to dull the hunger nor adequate salt to dull the mind. Whomever he was, he lacked class. For shame.
But that was enough complaining on this most joyous of nights. In the short time it had taken him to exit the bar, he’d realized that the information he’d gleaned from Flam’s mind could be the key to everything: the unmaking of Celestia’s grand betrayal, and the restoration of his beloved, of his destiny. Whether she now resided in some dark hell or in oblivion itself, neither could keep her from him now. He would bring her back…he would fix everything.
It was as if a mighty weight had been lifted off his chest. He hadn’t felt so good, so self-assured and energetic since he was a child, he was sure. His grin was like to split his face.
But to business...he needed to learn as much about these other seven as he could. He looked over at the gryphon, observing the avian closely and trying to recall everything he could about the race.
[Roll Perception on Horus: 20 + 13 = 33]
[Roll History on Gryphons: 9 + 11 = 20]

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Ramsus wrote:Daisy also checks out her amulet to see what it really does.

Arcana: 15 + 15 = 30
Pretty sure C isn't in sight right now, if so +1.

The spells on the amulet are: a multiuse triggered-by-thought communication spell with the (now-familiar) auras of Trixie and Flam, a spell to minimize magical and physical residue from the wearer (to prevent leaving condemning evidence like hairs or magical auras behind), and a tracking spell that alerts Trixie and Flam if the holder is more than twenty feet away from it for an hour. To Daisy's surprise, there appear to be no trap spells of any sort, although she has an idea that if they had gotten her life force, they probably could have channeled nearly any spell to her from the amulet.

Sable Tails wrote:But to business...he needed to learn as much about these other seven as he could. He looked over at the gryphon, observing the avian closely and trying to recall everything he could about the race.
[Roll Perception on Horus: 20 + 13 = 33]
[Roll History on Gryphons: 9 + 11 = 20]

Stasis figures that Horus is very confident that the blackmail would not have been a real problem, ansd thus infers that whatever it is Horus wants, he doesn't care if Celestia and Luna hear about it. Horus walks with the confidence of a predator, and while Stasis has faced worse warriors, Horus is clearly a formidable opponent. Horus, in general, is fiercer than any griffon Stasis has encountered in a very long time, but is good at hiding it behind a polite facade, so Stasis assumes that Horus is decent at deception, a potentially useful skill.

As for griffons, Stasis remembers that they used to be a lot more vicious. Most of them now are relatively peaceful, or only have delusions of fierceness. Horus, however, seems to be a callback to older ages when griffons were at the top of the food chain and ponies were food. They tended to leave Changelings alone, however, given that Changelings have acidic "blood" that only dragons or predators with no taste buds can tolerate.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Spoiler:
C keeps his watch on Trixie, Flam and Gilda.
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:
Spoiler:
C keeps his watch on Trixie, Flam and Gilda.
Spoiler:

Flam sighs. "Glad t' have that over with."

"For once, Trixie is forced to reluctantly agree with you," replies the blue unicorn. "Trixie still doesn't know why we couldn't have done the job ourselves, however."

"Um, y' would've been rec'gnized?"

"Hah! Insignificant details! Trixie is more than a match for-!"

"Look," interrupts Gilda irritably, "can you two save the arguing until we've teleported back? I wanna know what was going on with Daisy and the boss, and we're not figuring it out by standing here!"

"Hmph! Trixie doesn't see why she should even bring you along!" she sneers. "We all know what Trixie brings to the table!"

"A swelled ego?" Flam mutters.

"And even the drunkard," Trixie continues, glaring at Flam, "has enough magical power to justify his presence. But you were only useful because you knew the Bearers better than we did, having lived with them for a time! And now that's not even an issue, since we outsourced, so what use are y-?"

Moving faster than the average griffon, Gilda zooms forward and grabs Trixie by the throat, her other hand gripping Trixie's horn tightly.

"NNNAAHH!" Trixie screams incoherently, vainly struggling to get free, unable to concentrate on her magic.

"I may not be useful to you," Gilda growls, "but you'd better not forget that I could snap your neck before you knew I had moved."

A blast of yellow magic hits Gilda into a chair, leaving Trixie to drop to the floor, gasping for breath.

"'nd y' wonder why I drink?" Flam sighs, his horn still glowing. "C'n we jus' teleport back now? B'fore you two strangle each oth'r?"

"Whatever, dork," Gilda grumbles.

"Trixie will do this, only so she can report Gilda's misconduct!" snaps Trixie, her horn glowing blue, merging with Flam's yellow magic...

And with another flamboyant flash, they were gone.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Dang they weren't stupid or egotisical or drunk enough to talk about their motives. I'll need help to make sure that I'm not stabbed in the back. Well I can atleast figure out where they're going...with some help.
C makes his way back down to ground level, retrieves his jacket and runs after Daisy.
Spoiler:
Roll (Athletics to catch up with Daisy)
Roll:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Dang they weren't stupid or egotisical or drunk enough to talk about their motives. I'll need help to make sure that I'm not stabbed in the back. Well I can atleast figure out where they're going...with some help.
C makes his way back down to ground level, retrieves his jacket and runs after Daisy.
Spoiler:
Roll (Athletics to catch up with Daisy)
Roll:

C catches up with Daisy without much trouble, given that Daisy is standing still, magically analyzing her amulet.

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:56 pm

C starts wildly gesticulating.
"Hey, yeah you may be still mad about me not helping earlier, I'm sorry by the way, but I need you to help me with something that may give us a leg up on our employer so come with me back to the bar like right now ok?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sable Tails Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Stasis mused for a moment. This one...the gryphon...despite the changeling's focus on Flam inside the bar, he had noticed even then that the gryphon was not one to be taken lightly, friend or foe. He had that feral feel about him, the aura of violence and bloodlust that gryphons used to have, back in the good ol' days. Stasis doubted that most of the others would have noticed, however...like himself, Horus too seemed to wear a masque, at least while doing business. That implied a certain level of intelligence and sophistication that further raised the status of the feathered warrior in Stasis' mind. Furthermore, the gryphon did not seem to bear much love or fear towards the royal pony sisters...that could go either way, benefit or liability, as far as the changeling was concerned.
Still, what made him a useful asset could also make him a dangerous enemy. Stasis would have to tread lightly around this one. But at least he, more than most, could ignore the threat of the hunter's appetite...many a curious creature took a first taste of changeling flesh, but very, very few ever took a second. Other than the accursed elder dragons, of course, Stasis thought absently. May their scales fall off and their meat rot from their bones.
Deciding that the gryphon was likely to better appreciate a calmer, more respectful approach, Stasis carefully removed his smile and nodded towards the large avian.
"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting your thoughts, my friend...but before we make our way to the forest, I just wanted to say how pleased I am to finally meet somegryphon who appears to actually honor the ancient traditions of your kind." He frowned. "Not that I wish to disparage gryphons, of course...far from it!...but it does seem as if gryphons are a bit more...hmm...'declawed' these days, if you will pardon the expression. I sometimes think most of them have even forgotten that they are carnivorous at all."
Stasis waited a moment to judge the gryphon's reaction. Now was the time to see if he called it right.

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:C starts wildly gesticulating.
"Hey, yeah you may be still mad about me not helping earlier, I'm sorry by the way, but I need you to help me with something that may give us a leg up on our employer so come with me back to the bar like right now ok?"

Daisy turned to the baby dragon in surprise, "Really? Well thanks! To make us even how about your promise me like a small favor and I'll totally help with what you want?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 pm

C nervously backed away slightly.
"Err...Alright What's the favour?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Daisy laughs, "Dun know yet! C'mon let's go." and she starts trotting off to the bar and then stops and turns around. "We should probably bring Silver too since I'm thinking you want me for my magic mojo jojo and like not my totally rockin' body." She gives a giggle and then calls out to Silver, "Silver Silver Silver. C'mere. We're gonna like do some magic stuffs."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next